Author Topic: Ave and Dill quit Alien?  (Read 214987 times)

marbrosmoke

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -8
Re: Ave and Dill quit Alien?
« Reply #240 on: May 03, 2013, 11:37:52 PM »
Expand Quote
weren't these guys partially responsible for getting Berra kicked off?  kind of funny if true now that they're bailing.
[close]

thats what im saying. they did all this shit to keep the worshop cool and ran their way, now they bail? what the fuck more do they want

More freedom than what the La Jolla corp has to offer?

few123456789

• Rep: -87
« Reply #241 on: May 03, 2013, 11:52:45 PM »
Expand Quote
weren't these guys partially responsible for getting Berra kicked off?  kind of funny if true now that they're bailing.
[close]

thats what im saying. they did all this shit to keep the worshop cool and ran their way, now they bail? what the fuck more do they want

i don't think it's two-faced, because i have no idea why they left...also, i think that was pre-dyrdek, who i bet would have never dropped berra and frankly probably would not have let kalis walk.

makes you wonder what changed.  burton ownership is preferred to rob?  these guys have all been in bed together so long that no one will probably ever spill the beans, rightfully so.

zoltan

« Reply #242 on: May 03, 2013, 11:57:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

i don't think it's two-faced, because i have no idea why they left...also, i think that was pre-dyrdek, who i bet would have never dropped berra and frankly probably would not have let kalis walk.

makes you wonder what changed.  burton ownership is preferred to rob?  these guys have all been in bed together so long that no one will probably ever spill the beans, rightfully so.

nah kalis left because dill and ave took over and basically turned it into their team and kalis felt like he was an outcast.
they even said dyrdek isnt doing shit he just owns it. he let dill and ave do whatever they wanted

neko

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #243 on: May 04, 2013, 12:35:01 AM »

I think getting Berra kicked off of any team could be viewed as a service to society as a whole.

Brad Breath

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 43
« Reply #244 on: May 04, 2013, 06:32:50 AM »
I wish Grant Taylor would get on a DLX board brand.  I'd never buy another brand/pro's model again.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 06:38:47 AM by Brad Breath »

Canuck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
« Reply #245 on: May 04, 2013, 06:40:24 AM »

SFblah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 668
« Reply #246 on: May 04, 2013, 06:56:38 AM »
This was pretty funny.

via BTO:

"Is Mark Suciu actually a 40-year-old bro who had been quietly filming in various towns under assumed names over the past 15 years, and is the steady release of footage a sign that he may have died sometime early last year, leaving the executors of his estate to periodically drizzle out tapes to sponsors in a Tupac-like series of posthumous releases that will subsidize the multiple wives he secretly and illegally maintained in small towns across the U.S.?"

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
« Reply #247 on: May 04, 2013, 07:55:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Dill is a cornball.
[close]

Fuck you, Dill is skateboarding and that is what matters.

How are you "skateboarding" when you spent years not skating. I like a lot of the stuff Dills done but he tries to fucking hard and is a Jobber for the most part. If he woulda got dropped by Alien years ago when he wasn't skating i coyld see him never touching a board again. Maybe a cruiser so he could get back in forth to the art gallery he worked at and made bad skate art for.

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
« Reply #248 on: May 04, 2013, 07:58:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

nah kalis left because dill and ave took over and basically turned it into their team and kalis felt like he was an outcast.
they even said dyrdek isnt doing shit he just owns it. he let dill and ave do whatever they wanted

Pretty sure it was way more complicated than that, Kalis said it all in an interview or on here somewhere. I think he said it all started around with the ending of Seek, Habitat and the Kalis in Mono vid.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #249 on: May 04, 2013, 09:22:08 PM »
so is supreme starting a legit board team or something whats going on here?

jimi420

« Reply #250 on: May 04, 2013, 09:43:37 PM »
Which rider(s) will rise up to be the new figureheads?

Hate_Then_Skate

• Rep: -9
  • Steven Seagal with a Desert Eagle
« Reply #251 on: May 04, 2013, 09:59:02 PM »
Which rider(s) will rise up to be the new figureheads?

Bledsoe, Bledsoe, Bledsoe, and Bledsoe.
This isn't the 90's anymore. ESPN, Nike and Mountain Dew are Big Brother, Es and beer. Time to slip into some comfy New Balances and head towards old age.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #252 on: May 05, 2013, 01:16:32 AM »
I dont get why you guys are all like, "this is the end for alien". If you look at the roster theyre all new guys yeah

Mikey and Omar have been on for a minute.

43s&slappies

• Rep: 2
« Reply #253 on: May 05, 2013, 03:12:21 AM »
interesting that dill and ave are already off the team page but heath remains listed

jonnysheen

• Rep: -63
« Reply #254 on: May 05, 2013, 03:17:12 AM »
Expand Quote
I dont get why you guys are all like, "this is the end for alien". If you look at the roster theyre all new guys yeah
[close]

Mikey and Omar have been on for a minute.

both company whores

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #255 on: May 05, 2013, 04:11:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dill is a cornball.
[close]

Fuck you, Dill is skateboarding and that is what matters.
[close]

How are you "skateboarding" when you spent years not skating. I like a lot of the stuff Dills done but he tries to fucking hard and is a Jobber for the most part. If he woulda got dropped by Alien years ago when he wasn't skating i coyld see him never touching a board again. Maybe a cruiser so he could get back in forth to the art gallery he worked at and made bad skate art for.

This is a great post. Couldn't agree more. Dill is furthest thing from what I'd define as 'is skateboarding'. I've tried to back the dude a few different times over the years, but he's a corny, disingenuous flake. Personally, I think he's a little deluded to how important he thinks he really is to skateboarding.

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #256 on: May 05, 2013, 06:01:35 AM »
For a dude that is known to have long stints of heavy drug use and not skating Dill always seems to come through with part after part and they never disappoint. Anyone who denies this is biased. Has there ever been a video that he just didnt come through in? I can think of countless pros especially in his age group that gave up on full parts and progression years ago, which isn't even a bad thing necessarily, its the norm. So honestly I think that makes Dill an even better skateboarder, the guy has put speed bump after speed bump in front of his career and still manages to pull through. I can only imagine how sick his Vans part will be with him being clean now. Sure he talks a lot of shit, has a somewhat annoying voice and is ultra hip...but that's Dill, he's one of the raddest,unique and entertaining characters in skateboarding.

I'm bummed him and Ave left the Workshop, but as you get older your priorities change and you want to do different things. I can understand that. They couldn't have been psyched on Dyrdek and the representation and affiliation of Workshop(I.e. street league/xgames, la jolla group etc), I mean that contradicts their vision of skateboarding and the Alien Workshop...so honestly it makes sense to me, but still came as a blow.

Im sure they are starting a new brand that they can fully represent on their terms. I just really hope they know what they're doing and make selective decisions from here on out. No one can deny that these are both legends and I hope they can find a way to preserve their legacy........

Bruh Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • Upstairs, fifth floor
« Reply #257 on: May 05, 2013, 06:04:24 AM »
bringing 23 back, windpants too

George Vallore

• Rep: 15
« Reply #258 on: May 05, 2013, 07:19:51 AM »
"Fucking Awesome" board brand under Supreme.

Also, Lunchables board line under AWS.

MrMojoRising

• Rep: -23
« Reply #259 on: May 05, 2013, 07:59:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Pretty sure it was way more complicated than that, Kalis said it all in an interview or on here somewhere. I think he said it all started around with the ending of Seek, Habitat and the Kalis in Mono vid.
Actually that's exactly what he said. they took over, he felt lonely, he bailed

doublesteveburger

« Reply #260 on: May 05, 2013, 08:36:07 AM »
interesting that dill and ave are already off the team page but heath remains listed

it's heath kirchart, motherfucker should be on foundation and birdhouse team pages too.

COMMUNITYPACK

• Rep: 51
« Reply #261 on: May 05, 2013, 08:51:08 AM »
Breaking News: Dill wears a Palace t-shirt!

And tries to hide it.

DGKALIS

• Rep: 533
« Reply #262 on: May 05, 2013, 11:00:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

They cool guy'd the Workshop into what it is right now and left...... fucking pisses me off so fucking bad.

COMMUNITYPACK

• Rep: 51
« Reply #263 on: May 05, 2013, 12:05:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

They cool guy'd the Workshop into what it is right now and left...... fucking pisses me off so fucking bad.

This seems a bit odd to me man.

Couldn't it be said that you did the same?

Workshop was pretty different before you got on.

You seemed to have a big impact on the company, helped make it what is was during that era, with those skaters; a figurehead for sure. The stuff you put out spoke volumes about what the company itself put out.

But when it changed, and it did change, it obviously didn't feel right to you anymore, and so you left.

I'm assuming that might be why Dill and Ave have done the same?

Cool guying the Workshop?

Workshop, at least from the outside, always seemed pretty cool guy. It's just that what's cool changes over time.

wildbillhiccup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -75
  • JACKASS
« Reply #264 on: May 05, 2013, 12:13:34 PM »
handsome skateboarding

Will Easley

« Reply #265 on: May 05, 2013, 12:22:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

You seemed to have a big impact on the company, helped make it what is was during that era, with those skaters; a figurehead for sure. The stuff you put out spoke volumes about what the company itself put out.

But when it changed, and it did change, it obviously didn't feel right to you anymore, and so you left.

Workshop, at least from the outside, always seemed pretty cool guy. It's just that what's cool changes over time.

come on now, it was a bit different with kalis cuz dude CLEARLY just didnt fit the new image of the team at all. i rewatched minefield last night actually, and his shit just didnt fit in like that. it was a good part, but it was clear to me that he was the odd duck of the team at that time. He fits in way better on DGK with stevie anyway. i wouldnt say he "cool guyed" his way off rather than just finding a much better fitting team.

A.J.K.

« Reply #266 on: May 05, 2013, 12:31:13 PM »
Kalis didn't do the same thing.  By the time he left, it was in no way his company.  Dill, Ave, and Dylan had already taken over and were pushing the company in their own direction.  It's not like Kalis got all these dudes on and got certain people booted then fucked off.  Dill and Ave though, have done that.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 08:34:35 PM by A.J.K. »

october

• Rep: 23
« Reply #267 on: May 05, 2013, 12:35:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
weren't these guys partially responsible for getting Berra kicked off??  kind of funny if true now that they're bailing.
[close]

[close]

makes you wonder what changed.?  burton ownership is preferred to rob??  these guys have all been in bed together so long that no one will probably ever spill the beans, rightfully so.
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

come on now, it was a bit different with kalis cuz dude CLEARLY just didnt fit the new image of the team at all. i rewatched minefield last night actually, and his shit just didnt fit in like that. it was a good part, but it was clear to me that he was the odd duck of the team at that time. He fits in way better on DGK with stevie anyway. i wouldnt say he "cool guyed" his way off rather than just finding a much better fitting team.

Will is definitely right. Kalis was definitely the only reason I bought Workshop boards back in the day, but he never really fit on the team. Maybe in the Photosynthesis era, but he left to go with his homies, and definitely fits better on DGK. Dill and AVE leaving after they attempted to "mold" Alien is pretty lame.

I have never been a Dill fan, and have grown tired of all his antics over the years. Hard to hate on AVE though. Either way, both parties will be better off I'm sure.

Lenny the Fatface

« Reply #268 on: May 05, 2013, 12:46:58 PM »
You guys should be kissing Jason Dill's ass for kicking Steve Berra out of pro status, but whatever.

joebudden

• Rep: -51
« Reply #269 on: May 05, 2013, 01:34:23 PM »
i feel kalis tho

people get people fired everday

or create a work environment that is so shitty that you HAVE to move on for your own sanity

niggas will shade the shit outta you behind your back

till you become an outcast to all of your co-workers

then when the same niggas who you was shadin too....shade your ass....then you get aggie and dip

happens everyday in the real work place bruh

type fuckery on all levels

why did alien let two crackheads run they company in the first place

you cant trust no gotdamn base heads yo