Author Topic: Ave and Dill quit Alien?  (Read 214988 times)

Spaced Cadet

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 113
Re: Ave and Dill quit Alien?
« Reply #780 on: July 16, 2013, 06:37:54 PM »
Fucking awesome is getting some good product placement in this new Earl Sweatshirt video

Yeah... I'll take your word for it.

J.R.

• Rep: -38
« Reply #781 on: July 16, 2013, 06:42:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Fucking awesome is getting some good product placement in this new Earl Sweatshirt video

[close]

Yeah... I'll take your word for it.

I wasn't going to type it out, but I thought the same exact thing.

J.R.

• Rep: -38
« Reply #782 on: July 16, 2013, 06:43:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
anthony van engelen was a legitimate smackhead
[close]

smack = heroin

ave was a crystal meth/ ritalin weirdo. i would probably like him better if he had a heroin problem, someone slip him a bundle at the next demo they see him at. make sure dill doesnt get it first...
[close]

lord knows they both have the veins for funky town.  shiiiit.. you could hit dill with a pick, blindfolded, while wearing rollerblades on an ice skating rink. 

hahaha that is way too true, those guys definitely single handedly paid for the Air Jordan collections of their neighborhood drug dealers for sure.

era

« Reply #783 on: July 16, 2013, 07:48:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This thread sucks so bad I want to focus my actual skateboard.  Dill is infinitely more interesting on a skateboard than Jake Johnson.  I wish I could take away Jake Johnson and Brandon Westgate's pop so people would stop giving a fuck about them.  Dill and AVE shouldn't name the skateboard company Fucking Awesome because it's already a clothing company, so that would be a bad move.  That's a shame because it is a good name.  If you don't think it's a good name, go think of a more mature sounding name and start your own company.  Quick history lesson: Supreme NYC in 1994 was the dopest skateshop in the world.  There was a wall full of sick boards, they had ill kicks and they bumped good music.  I saw Ryan Hickey in there once lacing up some sneakers sitting next to one of the hottest women I've ever seen in my life.  I was in awe of that place.  I was just there about five years ago and it hasn't really changed much.  Still seems dope to me.  Just wanted to add some reason to counter-balance the 20-something pages of complete horseshit I just read as I play catchup with the 2013 skate-industry-implosion.  Exciting times.
[close]

Newsflashmdipshit,m itsnnot 1994 anymore,mitts fuckin 2014 and its barely a fuckin clothing store! You go there now its purely for free shit. Autumn was a skateshop, it sucks cock that it had to go but thats life, mosaic skateshop is a sick skateshop. Labor is trying really hard to fit in but thryre makin that effort which is nice, supreme just gives clothing away to oeooke who are down with the right people, not like they dont do that at otter shops but if were grading it on product and atmosphere to kids blades would be a better spot, If its dorsmsomrthing right its supporting the right people bc everyone out her is trying to look like mini dylans and alexs and its fucking disgusting, get your own godddamn style you faggots, i mrqn were all fans and we should all be allowed to do some impossibles and slappy a curb but i mean, getting sponsored off that shit? What is the world coming to?  supreme at least kinda makes this city look cool but its like, you cant be talking about it like its a skateshop skateshop anymore. i dont really get fairfax tho, like if it didnt have a bowl its pretty dumb, but i guess its so their online store gets mad hits or something. Its fuckin 4 in the morning and im on mt cellular talking shit to some bozo, what am i doing? Goddamm. Gonna be honest here for a second, im a little board, also mac demarcos shit is wack, why do people listen to that fool. Pitchfork says he makes honest music,mi say he listened to some low fi albums and then blew some dudes but thats neither here nor there.
[close]

^^^ the realness. can't fuck with drunk logic.
[close]

i like mac demarco  :-\
[close]

[close]

I opened this thread to hear about to read about two of my favorite skateboarders and somehow someone starts posting about mac demarco? What the fuck? So random and irrelevant but that guy's 2 albums last year are instant classics for me.

Mac Demarco is so fucking dope.

Melanoma

• Rep: 3
« Reply #784 on: July 16, 2013, 11:16:54 PM »
Mac is one of the realest motherfuckers I've met.

Fake Tits

« Reply #785 on: July 17, 2013, 05:31:48 AM »
Who is this Mac you speak off?  The music dude ^^^^^??

stab

• Rep: -1
  • Jumping Beans is a cop
« Reply #786 on: July 17, 2013, 06:19:48 AM »
He's an awesome guitarist and songwriter.  released a joke album that is better than 99% of other stuff coming out these days.  saw him at sxsw last year and he plays an impressive show with "du hast" and dave brubeck medlies.  ive heard that in some of his earlier shows he would be prone to gg-esque stage antics.  he is for sure pretty out there but really talented.
29:00 for awesomeness
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 06:22:48 AM by stab »

I didn't come here to dream or teach the world things;
define paradigms or curate no living days

mbcls

• Rep: -3
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #787 on: July 17, 2013, 10:16:23 AM »
Mac Demarco is so rad. He hung out at my homies ramp after he played a show in Raleigh

S.E.

« Reply #788 on: July 17, 2013, 10:23:36 AM »

this is gold

Laban Fetus

« Reply #789 on: July 20, 2013, 02:41:58 PM »
SWAG PABLO UPDATE: OVERALLS VERY HOT RIGHT NOW. THIS FALL ACCESSORY GOES GREAT WITH CHUCKS AND YOU CAN STILL CUFF THEM.

Affirmative Axion

• Rep: 11
« Reply #790 on: July 20, 2013, 04:31:40 PM »
SWAG PABLO UPDATE: OVERALLS VERY HOT RIGHT NOW. THIS FALL ACCESSORY GOES GREAT WITH CHUCKS AND YOU CAN STILL CUFF THEM.

I see this kid all over IG hanging out with Strobeck, Dill, and those types...yet the only footage I can find of him is from when he was like 10 years old.

Fake Tits

« Reply #791 on: July 20, 2013, 06:20:50 PM »
^^ imperial bedrooms.

garbage plate

• Rep: 34
« Reply #792 on: July 20, 2013, 06:28:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This thread sucks so bad I want to focus my actual skateboard.  Dill is infinitely more interesting on a skateboard than Jake Johnson.  I wish I could take away Jake Johnson and Brandon Westgate's pop so people would stop giving a fuck about them.  Dill and AVE shouldn't name the skateboard company Fucking Awesome because it's already a clothing company, so that would be a bad move.  That's a shame because it is a good name.  If you don't think it's a good name, go think of a more mature sounding name and start your own company.  Quick history lesson: Supreme NYC in 1994 was the dopest skateshop in the world.  There was a wall full of sick boards, they had ill kicks and they bumped good music.  I saw Ryan Hickey in there once lacing up some sneakers sitting next to one of the hottest women I've ever seen in my life.  I was in awe of that place.  I was just there about five years ago and it hasn't really changed much.  Still seems dope to me.  Just wanted to add some reason to counter-balance the 20-something pages of complete horseshit I just read as I play catchup with the 2013 skate-industry-implosion.  Exciting times.
[close]

Newsflashmdipshit,m itsnnot 1994 anymore,mitts fuckin 2014 and its barely a fuckin clothing store! You go there now its purely for free shit. Autumn was a skateshop, it sucks cock that it had to go but thats life, mosaic skateshop is a sick skateshop. Labor is trying really hard to fit in but thryre makin that effort which is nice, supreme just gives clothing away to oeooke who are down with the right people, not like they dont do that at otter shops but if were grading it on product and atmosphere to kids blades would be a better spot, If its dorsmsomrthing right its supporting the right people bc everyone out her is trying to look like mini dylans and alexs and its fucking disgusting, get your own godddamn style you faggots, i mrqn were all fans and we should all be allowed to do some impossibles and slappy a curb but i mean, getting sponsored off that shit? What is the world coming to?  supreme at least kinda makes this city look cool but its like, you cant be talking about it like its a skateshop skateshop anymore. i dont really get fairfax tho, like if it didnt have a bowl its pretty dumb, but i guess its so their online store gets mad hits or something. Its fuckin 4 in the morning and im on mt cellular talking shit to some bozo, what am i doing? Goddamm. Gonna be honest here for a second, im a little board, also mac demarcos shit is wack, why do people listen to that fool. Pitchfork says he makes honest music,mi say he listened to some low fi albums and then blew some dudes but thats neither here nor there.
[close]

^^^ the realness. can't fuck with drunk logic.
[close]

i like mac demarco  :-\
[close]

[close]

I opened this thread to hear about to read about two of my favorite skateboarders and somehow someone starts posting about mac demarco? What the fuck? So random and irrelevant but that guy's 2 albums last year are instant classics for me.

[close]

Mac Demarco is so fucking dope.

saw mac live a couple nights ago and he fucking killed it

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #793 on: July 20, 2013, 07:02:32 PM »

can this kid please get the "Arne Steine" SLAP treatment?

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #794 on: July 20, 2013, 07:08:01 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I see this kid all over IG hanging out with Strobeck, Dill, and those types...yet the only footage I can find of him is from when he was like 10 years old.

micky682

« Reply #795 on: July 20, 2013, 08:21:11 PM »
Ave and Dill are taking too long creating their company, whatever it's going to be called, and it makes it seem as if they quit with no plan or idea ready. At least BA was has come out with a name and a release date with 3D.

Will Easley

« Reply #796 on: July 20, 2013, 08:38:49 PM »
Ave and Dill are taking too long creating their company, whatever it's going to be called, and it makes it seem as if they quit with no plan or idea ready. At least BA was has come out with a name and a release date with 3D.

yeah im kinda catching that vibe too. Like they jumped the gun when they quit Alien & didnt really have a solid gameplan when it came to the actual BUSINESS side of the company, just alot of hype & buzz surrounding it. hope they dont implode over all the pressure now. Leaving AWS then tryna come back after failing their new venture would just not be a good look.

mfkream

« Reply #797 on: July 20, 2013, 08:58:41 PM »
Fucking Awesome is a great name for a board company. if they use a good wood co., i'll pick one up.

What wood co's would you like to see them use?

Affirmative Axion

• Rep: 11
« Reply #798 on: July 20, 2013, 09:25:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Thanks, good find. Filming aside, I can see how he fits in that fold of \m/ kids.

Definitely looking forward to what they have in store for the Supreme video.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #799 on: July 20, 2013, 11:00:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Fucking Awesome is a great name for a board company. if they use a good wood co., i'll pick one up.
[close]

What wood co's would you like to see them use?
Penswood. But it's unlikely.

sultsult

• Rep: -12
« Reply #800 on: July 21, 2013, 12:31:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yeah im kinda catching that vibe too. Like they jumped the gun when they quit Alien & didnt really have a solid gameplan when it came to the actual BUSINESS side of the company, just alot of hype & buzz surrounding it. hope they dont implode over all the pressure now. Leaving AWS then tryna come back after failing their new venture would just not be a good look.

these dudes all came up before the whole internet thing and to me, seem to be wanting to get away from the way things have become (along with the ty evans/shitty unoriginal video with shitty music thing) ..

anyways, when new companies came up in the 90s/ealy 00s, we didn't know about them til they were all there/ ad's in mags made them real (which they posted the receipts for, mag time is just slower)

i think it is sick they are launching it the more oldschool way (cryptic instas aside)

JPCanada

• Rep: 0
« Reply #801 on: July 29, 2013, 08:33:49 AM »
Anyone think much of the fact that their newest board series only features five pros?  Dylan, Gilbert, Jake Johnson, Bledsoe, and
Mikey Taylor.  Usually everyone on the team has a board in every series.

xeric716x

« Reply #802 on: July 29, 2013, 09:01:31 AM »
Stoked to see what comes of this.

nice two page ad in the newest Thrasher

Babby

• Rep: 39
« Reply #803 on: July 29, 2013, 01:37:34 PM »
Anyone think much of the fact that their newest board series only features five pros?  Dylan, Gilbert, Jake Johnson, Bledsoe, and

The Spring 2014 Catalog has seven pros in the series offered. Everyone's a little skate news hypochondriac these days. 

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #804 on: July 29, 2013, 01:41:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The Spring 2014 Catalog has seven pros in the series offered. Everyone's a little skate news hypochondriac these days. 

It's a semi series not a full series.

arcam

• Rep: -65
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #805 on: July 29, 2013, 02:50:20 PM »

wow,they would have a sick team if they dropped Taylor

oowiggywiggyoo

« Reply #806 on: July 29, 2013, 05:30:15 PM »
I've heard a rumor that they're gonna start fuckin awesome

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #807 on: July 29, 2013, 08:39:31 PM »
I've heard a rumor that they're gonna start fuckin awesome

Why you wait 28 pages to drop this bomb on us?  You could have prevented 20 internet pages.  You know how many digital trees you could have saved? 

I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

BraveUlysses

« Reply #808 on: July 29, 2013, 09:10:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

wow,they would have a sick team if they dropped Taylor
His internet persona is sometimes stupid and I bet it would feel really good to punch him in the face but Mikey Taylor does amazing shit on a skateboard. The way he locks into his grinds is simply beautiful.

SEAN PABLO

• Rep: -78
« Reply #809 on: July 29, 2013, 09:50:12 PM »
^ i disagree