Author Topic: Real Mellowthefukout Decks  (Read 1132 times)

Esmith5488

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
Real Mellowthefukout Decks
« on: May 09, 2013, 07:22:41 AM »
Hey guys, have any of you had any first hand experience with these things? did a forum search and didn't see anything.

normally i ride rogers and was wondering if the concave is similar to that but a bit more mellow or if its like a toy machine.

havent had a chance to get to the shop and  stand on one yet.

Morty Seinfeld

Re: Real Mellowthefukout Decks
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 09:28:57 AM »
Haven't had one and I never will. The whole thing is a shitty marketing gimmick. Dont support that garbage.

peewee

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 10:04:35 AM »
i was at Vans looking at the 7.8 Ernie Torres deck and that deck was super flat and had the pointiest nose and tail

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 10:59:04 AM »
yeah i dont really buy into the whole gimmick, i do however back jim and deluxe.
if the shop has one ill stand on it but I'm not too pressed ill honestly just keep buying rogers seeing as im on my like 12th now

soccer mom

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 03:47:41 PM »
It's not a gimmick, it's just taste, some skaters like flat boards/concave, some like steep boards/concave. DLX is just offering something for everyone. If you like flat boards, DLX has good wood so give one a try. If not then don't.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3329
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 03:53:41 PM »
It's not a gimmick, it's just taste, some skaters like flat boards/concave, some like steep boards/concave. DLX is just offering something for everyone. If you like flat boards, DLX has good wood so give one a try. If not then don't.

This is confusing to me. I thought all skaters like the same stuff all the time and things just come in and out of fashion...so right now boards with no concave are hot and that's what I'm buying on the stock market...when steep, Fred Smith "Loud One III" concave comes back in style I'll be buying that up on NASDAQ. Isn't that how it goes?

october

• Rep: 23
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 09:58:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This is confusing to me. I thought all skaters like the same stuff all the time and things just come in and out of fashion...so right now boards with no concave are hot and that's what I'm buying on the stock market...when steep, Fred Smith "Loud One III" concave comes back in style I'll be buying that up on NASDAQ. Isn't that how it goes?

Sounds about right to me.

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2013, 10:06:47 PM »
I made a killing on tri-tail futures back in 88.  Only to lose it all on the spoon nose coke fest of 89. 

So it goes. 
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

• Rep: 12
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2013, 10:14:48 PM »
#gay

DeputyDoses

• Rep: 4
  • I look like Mel Gibson
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2013, 10:16:53 PM »
I made a killing on tri-tail futures back in 88.  Only to lose it all on the spoon nose coke fest of 89.  

So it goes.  
Kurt Vonnegut quote -- I like that.

They'll just be a bit more mellow (flatter), same wood and everything. Some of the smaller shapes can get pretty pointy. I would just keep skating Roger boards to be honest, especially if you're on your 12th one.

Didn't Real run a few seasons of mellow boards over the last couple of years? - Reazy C, easy concave boards? Besides more marketing and pro model boards, I don't really see much of a difference.

brownjenkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2013, 07:53:24 PM »
I'd love to pick up the 8.18. I've had the regular in that size before and I liked it quite a bit, but a more mellow version would be perfect.

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2013, 03:16:43 PM »
If they are anything like the shape of Element flatlights they are probably decent. Had one of those. Liked it while I skated it but don't think I want to go back to skating a deck without a steep / decent concave
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.