Author Topic: Download all the vids  (Read 577684 times)

ShredBraahh

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 12
Re: Download all the vids
« Reply #2880 on: March 20, 2021, 11:04:06 PM »
All hail AlwaysSkater420, keeper of the vids \m/ lol. So many thank yous.

cua

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #2881 on: March 21, 2021, 03:42:10 AM »
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 05:18:06 AM by cua »

AlwaysSkater420

• Rep: 173
  • If you don't fuck with Boulala we can't be friends
« Reply #2882 on: March 21, 2021, 01:54:42 PM »
Anyone have RVCA promo 2009?

Thanxs pals!

Sharing is carying!

ShredBraahh

« Reply #2883 on: March 21, 2021, 02:22:09 PM »
Question about ripping VHS tapes. Anyone knowledgeable with this? What is the best way to digitize VHS tapes? I have some videos that have never been mentioned on this forum and I would love to digitize and contribute these. All I have now is a standard VCR with an RCA output, and one of the RCA to USB capture things. But the quality is pixelated and crappy. I got some info from thedigitalfaq.com, but it's mostly too broad and unspecific. I just want to know exactly what I need. Or at least limit everything to a few options.

-I know I need at least an S-VHS VCR so it can use an S-Video output, as opposed to RCA. Is a VCR with TBC (time base correction) absolutely necessary? Good VCR model recommendations?
-What should I use as a capture card or device/cable that is essentially S-Video to my computer (via USB or other capture card)?
-What software should I use to actually digitize the tapes?
-Any plugins or anything extra needed? Any editing software to clean up the image or anything like that?

I have both Mac and PC available by the way. And I built my PC, so I am relatively comfortable with installing something like a capture card if necessary.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 498
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #2884 on: March 22, 2021, 04:53:43 AM »
Yeah it’s kind of a pain. I use a VHS via RCA through a Panasonic mx70 which has a tbc in it through to a Sony DV deck to PC to capture. Comes out great but it’s way too much shit to just digitise a few tapes. Probably best to find a local service that does it

dirtyhoritattoo

• Rep: 1
« Reply #2885 on: March 23, 2021, 07:49:18 AM »
Anyone have 5Boro vids?

Cheers

ShredBraahh

« Reply #2886 on: March 23, 2021, 07:35:06 PM »
Yeah it’s kind of a pain. I use a VHS via RCA through a Panasonic mx70 which has a tbc in it through to a Sony DV deck to PC to capture. Comes out great but it’s way too much shit to just digitise a few tapes. Probably best to find a local service that does it

For sure, thank you for your input. I did some more research, and I think I'm actually gonna get a VCR with (line) TBC and run that through an external unit that mimics (frame-sync) TBC, specifically a Panasonic ES-10, and run that through my DV camcorder that I already have. The homie Havenz hooked me up with the DV camcorder idea part. Apparently there are two types of TBC, one for overall image quality, and another specifically for frames. Gonna be a little pricy, but I do have a decent amount of tapes to convert, skating and non-skating. And I can just sell the equipment when I'm done for basically the same price.

Party on.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1323
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #2887 on: March 24, 2021, 01:22:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

For sure, thank you for your input. I did some more research, and I think I'm actually gonna get a VCR with (line) TBC and run that through an external unit that mimics (frame-sync) TBC, specifically a Panasonic ES-10, and run that through my DV camcorder that I already have. The homie Havenz hooked me up with the DV camcorder idea part. Apparently there are two types of TBC, one for overall image quality, and another specifically for frames. Gonna be a little pricy, but I do have a decent amount of tapes to convert, skating and non-skating. And I can just sell the equipment when I'm done for basically the same price.

Party on.
Shoutout to you for doing it properly. I figured TBC was probably for frame issues. I see a lot of ups of classic vids that have all sorts of frame issues but until your post I never thought about TBC.

I would try to build something for uploading too if all of this stuff hadn't become so collectible. The prices for good working old gear and skate videos are both pretty inflated. But there's still a lot of stuff that needs to go up on YT and quite a few that could use a rerip.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

ShredBraahh

« Reply #2888 on: March 24, 2021, 02:15:47 AM »
Looking for 411vm issue 67, anyone got it?

411vm - Issue 67 (2004) ISO file
https://archive.org/details/411vm-issue-67-2004-iso-file

Shred on, my friend \m/

con_hielo

• Rep: 32
« Reply #2889 on: March 24, 2021, 01:41:16 PM »
Anyone have a link to Tony Manfre's part in Dango and Jared? Can't find these online  :))

sk8er333

« Reply #2890 on: March 24, 2021, 02:23:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Looking for 411vm issue 67, anyone got it?
[close]

411vm - Issue 67 (2004) ISO file
https://archive.org/details/411vm-issue-67-2004-iso-file

Shred on, my friend \m/

Thx mate!! Really appreciate it!

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 498
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #2891 on: March 25, 2021, 06:49:30 AM »
Anyone got;

Speed Freaks
H Street Next Generation

AlwaysSkater420

« Reply #2892 on: March 25, 2021, 07:01:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This si the Dogtown video from the early 90s, i always doubted it's existence until i came up on a copy
https://wetransfer.com/downloads/cd33346a597df68877f1d50f7256fb4d20170330223317/f326d7
[close]
damn did i miss this already??? i love this video but the only versions of youtube are so out of sync
[close]

Same here. I dropped the ball on this one. Fuck.
Who still has this? Can someone reupload it?  :P

IanWourms

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2893 on: March 25, 2021, 01:16:52 PM »
Hey all!

Anyone got any copies or valid links for any of these 411 volumes 20-30???   any one of these would be extremely appreciated!

much love to everyone on this thread!!!

skaturr

• Rep: -20
  • Jackass Server = https://discord.gg/623FsbGnCH
    • https://discord.gg/623FsbGnCH avatar image
« Reply #2894 on: March 25, 2021, 02:51:08 PM »
Hey all!

Anyone got any copies or valid links for any of these 411 volumes 20-30???   any one of these would be extremely appreciated!

That's a good one!  :)
Perfect/Good Quality VHS Digitized Rips of 411VM Issue 1-44 would be amazing!!!!!!!:D
Welcome to the Jackass Preservation Server! ❤️

Invite Link = https://discord.gg/623FsbGnCH

The Jackass Preservation Server is the place where we die hard fans and collectors come together to talk and share stuff. 🚀

ShredBraahh

« Reply #2895 on: March 25, 2021, 03:12:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Hey all!

[close]

That's a good one!  :)
Perfect/Good Quality VHS Digitized Rips of 411VM Issue 1-44 would be amazing!!!!!!!:D

I second this as well. I have a few VHS 411s that I'm going to rip soon, just waiting until I get a much better VCR soon. But if anyone has any VHS 411s, 1-44, that would be incredible!! Please everyone share what you have if you got it! :)

Pavel Amiraslanov

• Rep: 14
« Reply #2896 on: March 25, 2021, 10:36:12 PM »
Does anyone have "SK8" (TV Series 2001-2002) ?

IanWourms

« Reply #2897 on: March 26, 2021, 11:44:41 AM »
Hey all!

anyone remember a movie back in 2012 called Veer??

any copy would be appreciated.

much love!

GMann

• Rep: 17
« Reply #2898 on: March 29, 2021, 12:53:28 PM »
Does anyone have Acme - "Ago Go" (1996 I think)

sk8er333

« Reply #2899 on: March 30, 2021, 12:42:18 PM »
Still looking for Emerica - Yellow for a project I'm working on. Someone's gotta have it right? Would really help me out. Thanks in advance!

IanWourms

« Reply #2900 on: March 31, 2021, 09:08:03 AM »
Still looking for Emerica - Yellow for a project I'm working on. Someone's gotta have it right? Would really help me out. Thanks in advance!

Hey man,

I got it but only in mpeg (under 400mb)

https://mega.nz/file/7WBylLbR#YpX2E_a6fmEVZZkfFwlKe_69Z1dEqcM-pAnowOi4muc

sk8er333

« Reply #2901 on: March 31, 2021, 12:04:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Hey man,

Thanks but I need ISO file

CPX

« Reply #2902 on: March 31, 2021, 03:45:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Hey man,

[close]

I too have an mpeg, approx. 1.9GB, and a few weeks ago I tried converting it to VOB but it wasn't happening. I sourced that mpeg from this thread a while back. The problem is the frame size. DVD is 720x480 US or 720x576 PAL. The mpeg I have is very good quality but was transcoded to 640x480, so the app I use won't allow authoring to VOB / DVD folder structure. It would be possible to re-transcode that file to a compliant frame size but general rule is you never want to re-transcode something that has already been transcoded because the video quality will degrade. I think there may also be a method to fill that missing space with black bars to make it DVD format compatible, but not something I have tried. Anyway, I digress, there could be a native DVD frame size transcode out there somewhere (I too would like to upgrade this video), but I'd be surprised if it showed up.

The more I read in this thread about proper VHS transcoding techniques, the more I think we need an agreed upon standard for preservation of these rare and quickly disappearing videos before it's too late. I'm sure there would be some differing opinions on minimum frame size and format preference, but personally I'm of the mind that VHS transcodes should be in native DVD resolution mpeg or VOB folder structure for physical DVD player compatibility. Sure, mp4 is a way more efficient codec with equal to or better than quality than mpeg 2 in half the file size, but for physical player compatibility, mpeg 2 / VOB is still king.

AlwaysSkater420

AlwaysSkater420

« Reply #2904 on: March 31, 2021, 03:52:29 PM »

AlwaysSkater420

« Reply #2905 on: March 31, 2021, 04:15:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Hey man,

[close]

[close]

I too have an mpeg, approx. 1.9GB, and a few weeks ago I tried converting it to VOB but it wasn't happening. I sourced that mpeg from this thread a while back. The problem is the frame size. DVD is 720x480 US or 720x576 PAL. The mpeg I have is very good quality but was transcoded to 640x480, so the app I use won't allow authoring to VOB / DVD folder structure. It would be possible to re-transcode that file to a compliant frame size but general rule is you never want to re-transcode something that has already been transcoded because the video quality will degrade. I think there may also be a method to fill that missing space with black bars to make it DVD format compatible, but not something I have tried. Anyway, I digress, there could be a native DVD frame size transcode out there somewhere (I too would like to upgrade this video), but I'd be surprised if it showed up.

The more I read in this thread about proper VHS transcoding techniques, the more I think we need an agreed upon standard for preservation of these rare and quickly disappearing videos before it's too late. I'm sure there would be some differing opinions on minimum frame size and format preference, but personally I'm of the mind that VHS transcodes should be in native DVD resolution mpeg or VOB folder structure for physical DVD player compatibility. Sure, mp4 is a way more efficient codec with equal to or better than quality than mpeg 2 in half the file size, but for physical player compatibility, mpeg 2 / VOB is still king.
Here you go dudes https://mega.nz/file/dk9XAAQa#qwOUjc1IYRYqD5nGGwwuB7zTdbxW-BSNFLWrxsZA1kc
Enjoy.

CPX

« Reply #2906 on: March 31, 2021, 07:14:54 PM »
Here you go dudes https://mega.nz/file/dk9XAAQa#qwOUjc1IYRYqD5nGGwwuB7zTdbxW-BSNFLWrxsZA1kc
Enjoy.

Awesome! I'm surprised but I should have figured you would bring the goods. Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 08:57:15 PM by CPX »

fickdiepolizei666

• Rep: -7
« Reply #2907 on: April 01, 2021, 06:26:02 AM »
anyone has a working link for good&evil?
thanks in advance

CPX

« Reply #2908 on: April 01, 2021, 08:41:20 AM »
Here are a couple vids that I haven't seen shared here yet.

Paradise Wheels - Pairidaeza (2012) https://mega.nz/file/BllzwAaJ#A23_MgwUR_E7PG9ttqyTHP3BxjoXknIfbKl59fFRr9A

Yama Skateboards - Living to Shit (2005) (Austria) https://mega.nz/file/IkskHCAQ#SRjYR7a4ytrVeQSoorNIhSSCNsCoeR8IVvJrbKcFDLU

sk8er333

« Reply #2909 on: April 01, 2021, 11:41:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Hey man,

[close]

[close]

[close]
Enjoy.

Thx!!!