Author Topic: "Skateboarding is not for girls" - Nyjah Huston  (Read 83524 times)

Bukkakekills

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
Re: "Skateboarding is not for girls" - Nyjah Huston
« Reply #150 on: June 04, 2013, 10:26:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Jaime Reyes could kick the shit out of Nyjah
[close]
Elissa could kick the shit out of Nyjah

my mom could kick the shit out of Nyjah

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #151 on: June 04, 2013, 10:33:29 AM »

captainfalcon69

• Rep: 15
« Reply #152 on: June 04, 2013, 10:41:05 AM »
aha golden

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #153 on: June 04, 2013, 10:54:29 AM »
i dont think he said those things to be a dick, but i do think it shows he doesnt have a great attitude towards skating or women. i think you guys are giving Nyjah a bit too much props getting up in arms over these statements. i dont think(hope) most kids are stupid enough to repeat everything nyjah says. i guess it just seems kinda weird that some of you will brush off bad PR towards people you like, then use the similar nitpicking to demonize others.

hopefully all this did was give him a sincere reality check without crushing any young women's dreams in the process
He's not saying it to be a dick, he's saying it because he is a dick and your giving kids way too much credit if you think they're skater than repeating this shit, kids are largely stupid as fuck, they buy into any trend pro A or brand B are pushing.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3334
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #154 on: June 04, 2013, 11:03:37 AM »

This was my thought exactly...kind-of. Maybe he was coming out. He doesn't like girls so he wishes they wouldn't be around when he's doing his favorite activity.

Does anyone know if Nyjah has a fag-hag? This will tell us for sure.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #155 on: June 04, 2013, 11:14:01 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This was my thought exactly...kind-of. Maybe he was coming out. He doesn't like girls so he wishes they wouldn't be around when he's doing his favorite activity.

Does anyone know if Nyjah has a fag-hag? This will tell us for sure.
David Loy?

Jack Hoffe

« Reply #156 on: June 04, 2013, 11:21:50 AM »

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #157 on: June 04, 2013, 11:24:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I think it's bullshit that you are all arguing about just him saying that when the problem is much bigger than what he said. The problem is systematic. We have been raised to follow the patriarchy-provided status quo that makes us believe that women are inferior to us when it comes to physical tasks which is a reason why we probably don't see as many women skateboarders, and less women pro-skateboarders. Not only the system says that they should not be doing contact sports unless they want the stigma of those sports attached to them, but for the few who do try skateboarding they stop skateboarding because we men do not welcome them so obviously they will stop skateboarding. Everyone who wants so skate should skate.  Nyah just said what he was taught not only by his parents, but by the actions of his peers as well all thanks to a system that treats women as inferior to men.

[close]

Unfortunately it is a scientific fact that the majority of women are inferior to men when it comes to physical activity. There is nothing sexist about that. It is sexist however to think that women should not participate in overly physical/contact activities because of this inferiority.
[close]
I ain't no science major, so i would like to see your sources for this.
I think they should be able to withhold any kind of physical activity, since you know, they can give birth and that is way more painful than passing a kidney stone.
[close]

This is quite old and not a very wide survey of people but I am studying so can't be bothered looking deeper for a study for you
http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2FBF00235103

As far as child birth, that more has to do with pain threshold than physical strength.
[close]
And Nyah was saying that he was afraid that his sister would get hurt so one could use the argument of how they can go through birth as a way to see that woman can suffer the "pain" of skateboarding.
Thank you for the source even if it is 20 years old, i will read it.
to date no one has died as a direct result of skateboarding, it's normally a motor vehicle accident involving a skateboarder or some other accident. Child birth on the other hand is dangerous.

Alexneuhauserr

• Rep: -1
« Reply #158 on: June 04, 2013, 11:53:04 AM »
Funny that he's saying this in Thrasher in an issue where he finally got on the cover but a girl was on the cover of the mag before he was even born.

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
« Reply #159 on: June 04, 2013, 11:55:17 AM »
Everyone needs to calm to fuck down. This is way blown out of proportion. If this comment came from the Gonz everyone would be laughing.

In other girl bashing news....

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #160 on: June 04, 2013, 11:56:51 AM »
So many of you are still missing the point. It's been said in here, but skateboarding isn't 20 stair handrails. A small piece of it is, but that isn't skateboarding as a whole... or even very much of it. Skateboarding is riding a skateboard. That's it. At whatever level you feel comfortable with, and get some enjoyment out of. Someone could skate flatground their entire life and get more fulfillment out of it than Nyjah has on any monster handrail mission. Should that person not skate because they aren't pushing the envelope of near death?

Danger might be some definition of skill, but no one said you had to be skilled to have fun.

zoltan

« Reply #161 on: June 04, 2013, 11:57:23 AM »
girls are pussies and cant ride big rails

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #162 on: June 04, 2013, 12:00:51 PM »

maybe because nyjahs dick is the equivalent of an ankle high skatepark flatrail.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #163 on: June 04, 2013, 12:02:03 PM »

Zoltan, is this your weird way of saying you have a small penis? Or, conversely, you're saying that girls bum you out because they can't manage your huge penis? Either way, just come right out and say it...we're all friends here.

HIggs Bawson

• Rep: 7
« Reply #164 on: June 04, 2013, 01:11:45 PM »
He needs to issue an apology to Jah for cutting those dreads.

AssBandit

• Rep: 60
  • trip ouuuuttt brooooo...
« Reply #165 on: June 04, 2013, 01:23:01 PM »
A bunch of dyke ass skater chicks are gonna be all up in arms about this.  It's just a fucking stupid thing to say though.  Some elitist bullshit.  Typical.

zoltan

« Reply #166 on: June 04, 2013, 01:26:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Zoltan, is this your weird way of saying you have a small penis? Or, conversely, you're saying that girls bum you out because they can't manage your huge penis? Either way, just come right out and say it...we're all friends here.

no that was just what nyjah was implying in his apology
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 09:35:46 PM by zoltan »

Dummbert

• Rep: 6
« Reply #167 on: June 04, 2013, 01:40:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Has James Brockman, Correy Duffell, Tom Penny or Muska ever apologize for their bigotry?
[close]
What the hell did Penny say?!
[close]

Homophobic comments said in the background of some Muska interview in the 90's. No big deal to me but I think it takes a lot for a person to admit what they said was wrong and try to move from it, It happens far less in skateboarding than people realize.

on top of that, i think he called himself a living legend in some supra webclip.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
« Reply #168 on: June 04, 2013, 01:44:54 PM »
Hey Nyjah, your comment just goes to show how little you know about skateboarding. Pretty sad that you put so much time into something and yet, you don't know shit about it.

twitchflip

• Rep: 58
« Reply #169 on: June 04, 2013, 01:49:05 PM »
There is no reason why a woman can not skate as good as a man could.

it doesn't matter if they can or not, it's irrelevant. what matters is having fun and enjoying skateboarding for what it is; rolling on a skateboard. people like nyjah enjoy the competitive side, so winning competitions and one-upping others at spots is what drives them. puleo likes 50-50s, cellar doors and brick backdrops, so filming parts that feature these is what drives him. dont get it twisted, skateboarding should always be about having fun and doing what makes you happy, in whichever aspect of it you enjoy most. if you're not having fun, you're not doing it right.

that said, nyjahs a complete idiot for saying this. he should have known that he's a role model to hundreds of thousands of highly impressionable young skaters and the last thing skateboarding needs is a stronger undercurrent of new gens coming up thinking that girls don't belong and that you have to be the best to have the most fun.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 02:16:52 PM by twitchflip »

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #170 on: June 04, 2013, 01:55:41 PM »
Hey Nyjah, your comment just goes to show how little you know about skateboarding. Pretty sad that you put so much time into something and yet, you don't know shit about it.

You tell him dude!!!!

Fake Tits

« Reply #171 on: June 04, 2013, 02:14:29 PM »
He wears girls jeans....

Alex

• Rep: -13
« Reply #172 on: June 04, 2013, 03:39:47 PM »
Are there any speech pathologists here? Does Nyjah have a speech impediment? He definitely has a marble-mouthed way of talking, but I'm really curious if there's anything diagnosable to it.

Yes, what he said was chauvinistic and damned foolish. I think he's a good kid at heart, but that he lacked a lot of the socialization kids should have growing up. How much of his childhood was he actually spent among normal kids (and in school, for that matter)? I fear that a larger portion of it was micromanaged by an agro, faux-Rasta dad; who organized his son's life into series of skate demos, tours, and filming missions at which he was mostly surrounded by the likes of BAM, Tosh Townsend, Chad Muska. And none of those guys are bad people, but they probably drink, smoke, and light things/people on fire more than the average 10-year-old should be exposed to.

Johnny Rad

• Rep: 13
« Reply #173 on: June 04, 2013, 04:20:33 PM »
I readed some words the boy said and they made hurt in my heart. How does I protect the women who dont have smart enough to stand up for themselfs? Must stop them from feeling heart-hurt by skateboard child!
I also saw him snake a kid with cancer once for some go fund me or some shit.

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
« Reply #174 on: June 04, 2013, 04:30:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm surprised everyone is getting so offended by this.

You want skateboarding to remain gritty and stay out of the mainstream? You don't want it in the Olympics or more corporate sponsorships? Well it's this type of shit you're going to have to put up with. You can't have it both ways.

But forget that for a second. Watch this at the 1:00 mark

Now watch this at 25 seconds:

Don't you feel a little bit differently watching the two? I don't think he was trying to say that girls shouldn't be allowed to skateboard, I think he's saying that girls shouldn't be put into situation where injury is high-risk.

Unless you're a militant femenist, I don't see why you guys would get up in arms about this.

[close]

You're kidding, right? He straight up says girls shouldn't skate AT ALL and then when Phelps mentions some girl landing a 540 he brushes it off and makes a comment like, "That doesn't count."

But regardless, why shouldn't girls be put into a high risk situation? Because they can't handle it?
[close]

to me skating is for anyone who is actually into. this kid, and all his sponsor's can offically suck .. im tossing out my DC taylors. i love em. but screw them for backing this douche. i dont care how young his is. skating isn't about kicking people out. its a thing, a place, where people can find them selves. its for everyone who loves it. him and his sponsors obviously dont.
[close]

dude, chill. he's an 18 year old homeschooled, sheltered-his-whole-life-by-crazy-dad, kid. girls are gonna skate regardless of what some skinny little kid says in a magazine... no need to start a boycott.

I pretty much boycotted him since he stopped being that really cute kid who won Tampa Am... and he stopped that pretty fast.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #175 on: June 04, 2013, 04:36:27 PM »
I readed some words the boy said and they made hurt in my heart. How does I protect the women who dont have smart enough to stand up for themselfs? Must stop them from feeling heart-hurt by skateboard child!

Hey Johnny Rad,

I know how it feels. One minute yer goin' along enjoying the sun or the rain and then the next minute it feels like the whole world is against you because it's raining...or the sun came out...basically the opposite of what you wanted it to be.

The good news is that you reached out for help and slap is here 4 U.

I'm talkin' to yer heart-hurt now: Leave Johnny Rad alone, yer not wanted 'round here anymore. It's a new day and there's a fresh colorway of shoe on the horizon, so yer power doesn't hold sway with Johnny Rad, me, or any other friends we have here on this message board. Begone!

Hope that helps Johnny Rad. Hope that helps.

GAY

TheDonutFather

• Rep: -3
    • DOUBLE DONUTS. avatar image
« Reply #176 on: June 04, 2013, 05:08:26 PM »
Meh. If that statement wasn't boldened, enlarged then bordered in the article then it probably would've been overlooked by just about everyone.

atswimtwobirds

• Rep: -109
« Reply #177 on: June 04, 2013, 06:01:16 PM »
from a logical point of view, he is correct. when you think of baseball, basketball, football, hockey, skateboarding, bmx, whatever the fuck else, do you think of women on a level equal to men? of course you don't. wnba, tennis, softball, lingerie football might be more like it, but you have to be pretty regular/out to get huston to say skateboarding is for girls. it's overdriven digital political correctness.

ripping him for saying it is a basic mass combination of boredom, self-denial, and idiocy. skateboarding is rare for girls, yes, but believe it or not, woman's physique is not designed to endure that of man's. and if you have a rebuttle for that last antecdote, too, i will just go out on a whim and assume you have never considered the history of the world.

let the dude go, or come up with a ratio of professional female skaters to professional male skaters. the statistics might prove enlightening. 

Fake Tits

« Reply #178 on: June 04, 2013, 06:02:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Hey Johnny Rad,

I know how it feels. One minute yer goin' along enjoying the sun or the rain and then the next minute it feels like the whole world is against you because it's raining...or the sun came out...basically the opposite of what you wanted it to be.

The good news is that you reached out for help and slap is here 4 U.

I'm talkin' to yer heart-hurt now: Leave Johnny Rad alone, yer not wanted 'round here anymore. It's a new day and there's a fresh colorway of shoe on the horizon, so yer power doesn't hold sway with Johnny Rad, me, or any other friends we have here on this message board. Begone!

Hope that helps Johnny Rad. Hope that helps.

GAY

your not back on the gas are you? :(

Das WolF

• Rep: -4
    • DasWolf avatar image
« Reply #179 on: June 04, 2013, 08:46:24 PM »
There's not one female skater that is worthy of being sponsored on her skating alone. For every female that's sponsored there's 1,000 other male skaters that are just as good. But they're "good for a girl" so they get hooked up to sell boards to chicks. But they're are chicks that rip, for sure.
"It's along way to the top if you want to Rock & Roll"

DasWolf