Author Topic: "Skateboarding is not for girls" - Nyjah Huston  (Read 83501 times)

Tyroneshoelaces

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -601
  • who knows
Re: "Skateboarding is not for girls" - Nyjah Huston
« Reply #180 on: June 04, 2013, 09:15:25 PM »
There's not one female skater that is worthy of being sponsored on her skating alone. For every female that's sponsored there's 1,000 other male skaters that are just as good. But they're "good for a girl" so they get hooked up to sell boards to chicks. But they're are chicks that rip, for sure.

i legitimately enjoy watching lacey baker skate.  I think she deserves to be hooked up, but i don't think she is.  i'm a big fan of elissa but that might fall into the "good for a girl" category in the back of my head :-\    actually. me being an elissa fan probably has much more to do with her being in Welcome to Hell. she has a rad style too.  I love everybody from that video.
where is home?

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #181 on: June 05, 2013, 03:31:19 AM »
Lacey is really good.

My girlfriend was good friends with Evelien Bouillaert when they were younger. So I've seen her skate in real life a million times.
She rips. Huge handrails, good airs,...

Concerning the whole Nyjah stuff:

I really think that guy needs to think twice before he speaks.
Sure the guy can do any trick in the book, but doesn't mean I have to like what he does.
I really don't, and never will. I think his attitude is horrible and I don't like his "robot-like" approach towards skating. He doesn't put any feeling into it. Too calculated and too focused on "being the best".

I see skating as a creative outlet, not as a sport. I consider it more of an artform where style, fun and creativity are equally as important.

Creativity should be there for anyone: girls, guys, black people, white people, asians,... I don't care...
Who does this 18 year old kid think he is by saying that skating is not for girls? He could have said " skating is not for Asians" and it would be exactly the same bullshit...

I also don't understand why girls don't get more coverage. Some girls like lacey, are gnarly as hell...

Toadfish Rebecchi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
« Reply #182 on: June 05, 2013, 04:27:21 AM »
I don't know why everyone is acting surprised that he made this comment. He was brought up as a Rastafarian. Rastafarianism is a completely misogynistic faith.
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #183 on: June 05, 2013, 04:33:42 AM »
I don't know why everyone is acting surprised that he made this comment. He was brought up as a Rastafarian. Rastafarianism is a completely misogynistic faith.
Partially accurate, but on balance lets not forget that the majority of faiths/religions are guilty of this.

Tufty

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #184 on: June 05, 2013, 05:00:18 AM »
There's not one female skater that is worthy of being sponsored on her skating alone. For every female that's sponsored there's 1,000 other male skaters that are just as good. But they're "good for a girl" so they get hooked up to sell boards to chicks. But they're are chicks that rip, for sure.

Yeah person and you know why this is happening? Because in every 1000 men there is one girl skating so "talents" are much more rare.

Why most pros are Americans? Because americans are superior as a race? No! Just because skateboarding is more common in America more people take it up there and more "talents" emerge.

Why Brazil has the best national soccer teams? Because every fuckin kid plays soccer.

PS if you think that sponsoring is a matter of skill you are beyond regular. Sponsoring is a matter of marketability. Most of the times marketability goes with skill but in order to enter girls market you gotta sponsor the best girls. Got it? In order to bring mainstream kids into skateboarding you gotta sponsor Lil wayne or other famous retards.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 05:03:26 AM by Tufty »

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3333
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #185 on: June 05, 2013, 09:17:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Partially accurate, but on balance lets not forget that the majority of faiths/religions are guilty of this.

Yeah, but Rastafarians put their women in dreadlocks. HOW DEGRADING!

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #186 on: June 05, 2013, 11:33:33 AM »

whoah, dude, you know every female skater?

you're a dumbass, just because you don't know of something doesn't mean it doesn't exist. so you admit some rip, wow, i'm sure the girls you're talking about are flattered you give'em that. same thing again, even if a girl doesn't rip, why shouldn't she skate? i'm a dude, do i have to stop skating now because i'm mediocre at best? because there are thousands of other male skaters better than me that aren't even flow? would i be legit then if i was a girl because it's imprinted in their chromosomes that they suck at skating?

there isn't even a market for girls in skateboarding because a lot of skaters do their best to keep them out of it and it's one of the few things that's so apparent withing the skateboarding scene that it makes me ashamed of a lot of fellow skaters/posters who dare to become vocal with their deranged, non-logical jockass opinions. i wonder what you're all afraid of if more girls skate...

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #187 on: June 05, 2013, 11:42:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

whoah, dude, you know every female skater?

you're a dumbass, just because you don't know of something doesn't mean it doesn't exist. so you admit some rip, wow, i'm sure the girls you're talking about are flattered you give'em that. same thing again, even if a girl doesn't rip, why shouldn't she skate? i'm a dude, do i have to stop skating now because i'm mediocre at best? because there are thousands of other male skaters better than me that aren't even flow? would i be legit then if i was a girl because it's imprinted in their chromosomes that they suck at skating?

there isn't even a market for girls in skateboarding because a lot of skaters do their best to keep them out of it and it's one of the few things that's so apparent withing the skateboarding scene that it makes me ashamed of a lot of fellow skaters/posters who dare to become vocal with their deranged, non-logical jockass opinions. i wonder what you're all afraid of if more girls skate...

Your use of logic and reason 'round these parts is very disturbing and upsetting. Seriously...I have the cold sweats.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #188 on: June 05, 2013, 11:52:38 AM »
Nyjah is a contest pro and finally gave everyone a great reason to hate on him other than his dreadlocks. Now people dont have to make up reasons to hate on him. Good job nyjah.

GeorgeHanson

« Reply #189 on: June 05, 2013, 11:52:48 AM »
getting raped by your dad is not for boys Nyjah but you did that so who is to say whats wrong and whats right anymore you lisping fucking moron.

And all you mysogonists coming out of the woodwork can you fuck off back to the NBA playoffs or some shit you fucking jock cunts.

I hope you brain haemorrage soon from one of your gnarly stunts you element cunt.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #190 on: June 05, 2013, 11:54:12 AM »
getting raped by your dad is not for boys Nyjah but you did that so who is to say whats wrong and whats right anymore you lisping fucking moron.

And all you mysogonists coming out of the woodwork can you fuck off back to the NBA playoffs or some shit you fucking jock cunts.

I hope you brain haemorrage soon from one of your gnarly stunts you element cunt.

Well that escalated quickly.

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • "I will not skateboard in the halls"
« Reply #191 on: June 05, 2013, 12:05:54 PM »
AT FIRST I WAS LIKE

BUT THEN I WAS LIKE

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #192 on: June 05, 2013, 12:52:47 PM »

Your use of logic and reason 'round these parts is very disturbing and upsetting. Seriously...I have the cold sweats.

yeah, i admit, logic and reason are not really my strengths when i'm ranting it up. the nyah comment itself i think is pretty forgettable, but all these kooks trying to back him up on here for whatever reason, with "data" and "studies", is really infuriating to me. if i have to read through all this pile of crap i might as well throw some of my turds in there.

i have a few girl friends that skate and it's harsh for them. they are not greeted at the spot, they get either plainly ignored by the majority of other skaters, get snaked at any obstacle they try to approach and get made fun of in general, sometimes by grown men. i know trash talk is somewhat a norm withing skating and one shouldn't be too whimsy about it, but i've often seen how females get put under extra pressure.

the only skateboarding girls i've seen to get immediately accepted by male skaters where either too good to ignore, or just super hot. every other girl/woman that skates i know had to fight a lot harder than than the average boy to get treated with respect by most of the skateboard community.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #193 on: June 05, 2013, 12:56:52 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

yeah, i admit, logic and reason are not really my strengths when i'm ranting it up. the nyah comment itself i think is pretty forgettable, but all these kooks trying to back him up on here for whatever reason, with "data" and "studies", is really infuriating to me. if i have to read through all this pile of crap i might as well throw some of my turds in there.

i have a few girl friends that skate and it's harsh for them. they are not greeted at the spot, they get either plainly ignored by the majority of other skaters, get snaked at any obstacle they try to approach and get made fun of in general, sometimes by grown men. i know trash talk is somewhat a norm withing skating and one shouldn't be too whimsy about it, but i've often seen how females get put under extra pressure.

the only skateboarding girls i've seen to get immediately accepted by male skaters where either too good to ignore, or just super hot. every other girl/woman that skates i know had to fight a lot harder than than the average boy to get treated with respect by most of the skateboard community.

Oh...and for the record...I think your first, then second, post on this subject were both exceptional. I actually meant that you WERE being logical...I didn't mean for it to sound like you were not being logical. You seem like a great guy with an attitude that skateboarding needs a lot more of.

Merked

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -157
« Reply #194 on: June 05, 2013, 01:03:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Oh...and for the record...I think your first, then second, post on this subject were both exceptional. I actually meant that you WERE being logical...I didn't mean for it to sound like you were not being logical. You seem like a great guy with an attitude that skateboarding needs a lot more of.

Could be because a lot of skaters (at least the ones I encounter) are mostly awkward and antisocial?  I am always talking shit while at the park and sometimes I just get dirty looks from kids.  Just tryin to have some fun.  So, maybe it doesn't really depend on gender. 
I suck at SLAP.

egbert

• Rep: 10
« Reply #195 on: June 05, 2013, 01:09:49 PM »
Saw this on youtube a while back.  Never heard of Nora before, but she rips for sure.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #196 on: June 05, 2013, 01:56:38 PM »

PEACE!

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #197 on: June 05, 2013, 01:58:56 PM »

LifeHammered

• Rep: 53
« Reply #198 on: June 05, 2013, 02:39:35 PM »
Does anyone know if he got grounded?

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #199 on: June 05, 2013, 02:58:39 PM »
I heard his mom said that he couldn't drive in his R8 for a week.

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #200 on: June 05, 2013, 03:32:04 PM »
weird i just always assumed his mom was dead?

dillanharp

« Reply #201 on: June 05, 2013, 04:00:22 PM »
Some times, when I'm super wasted, I sit down to pee.  I also pee in the shower.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #202 on: June 05, 2013, 04:46:17 PM »
Does anyone know if he got grounded?

I know his bottom got reddened, that's for sure. But who wouldn't spank a child with dreadlocks? Not not this guy!

Dummbert

• Rep: 6
« Reply #203 on: June 05, 2013, 05:06:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

i love your obsession with dreadlocks.

EDIT: what's worth worse? white girls with dreads, young skatejocks with one threepiece-dread or tosh townend with dreads?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 03:31:30 AM by Dummbert »

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #204 on: June 05, 2013, 05:27:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

what's worth? white girls with dreads, young skatejocks with one threepiece-dread or tosh townend with dreads?

Haha...I actually don't hate dreadlocks...only on white dudes...but I felt like I'd make it my focus in this thread just to be an ass.

In response to your question...that's a tough one. I'll have to say it's a tie between choices 2 and 3, reason being that girls with dreads don't bug me because girls are gross, so I don't ever pay any attention to them. Dudes though...yeah, don't do it if you're white like me. Or do. Either way it doesn't matter, because we're all going to die a horrible, fiery death with spikes being pushed through our eyeballs and goats ripping at our testicles and our teeth being pulled out with pliers and our toenails being smashed in with a small forklift.

casper

« Reply #205 on: June 05, 2013, 05:48:15 PM »
the first time i saw nyjah i thought he was a little girl.  its cool though when i was 12 a substitue teacher called me young lady once.  the whole class thought that shit was funny.  on another note the first time i saw ellisa in real life i thought she was jamie thomas and couldnt believe how little he was.  they both kinda had the same hair at the time.  i dunno i was on acid too.

gnidraobetaks

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 22
  • this is joab
« Reply #206 on: June 05, 2013, 06:19:57 PM »
Saw this on youtube a while back.  Never heard of Nora before, but she rips for sure.

Saw this shit too. That Nora chick rips. You guys are all freaking out about Nyjah, which sucks because his rich bitchass is getting more attentinon. who cares what he said, we all hated him before this anyways right?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 07:04:00 PM by gnidraobetaks »

Gotta manscape ... it's mandatory.

MuchasGracias

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #207 on: June 05, 2013, 06:28:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Saw this on youtube a while back.  Never heard of Nora before, but she rips for sure.

[close]
Saw this shit too. That Nora chick rips. You guys are all freaking out about Nyjah, which sucks because is rich bitchass is getting more attentinon. who cares what he said, we all hated him before this anyways right?

Woah...that chick...just,like..did a backside...diaster....woah

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #208 on: June 05, 2013, 08:15:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

what's worth? white girls with dreads, young skatejocks with one threepiece-dread or tosh townend with dreads?
[close]

Haha...I actually don't hate dreadlocks...only on white dudes...but I felt like I'd make it my focus in this thread just to be an ass.

In response to your question...that's a tough one. I'll have to say it's a tie between choices 2 and 3, reason being that girls with dreads don't bug me because girls are gross, so I don't ever pay any attention to them. Dudes though...yeah, don't do it if you're white like me. Or do. Either way it doesn't matter, because we're all going to die a horrible, fiery death with spikes being pushed through our eyeballs and goats ripping at our testicles and our teeth being pulled out with pliers and our toenails being smashed in with a small forklift.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

soccer mom

« Reply #209 on: June 05, 2013, 08:55:19 PM »
I think a serving of controversy (spelling?) would be nice with my helping of Nyjah footy I'm force fed every other day.
Maybe he could do something naughty during a street league contest