Author Topic: Zoom to avoid vignetting?  (Read 1093 times)

oldbob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Zoom to avoid vignetting?
« on: June 09, 2013, 10:01:12 AM »
So I recently started filming and noticed the vignetting on my camera is a bit uneven. Ive been zooming in a bit to take it all the way out but it somewhat compromises the effect of the fisheye. Wondering if anybody has any thoughts or advice on this. Also since I started filming I now watch videos from the filmers perspective as well as the skaters perspective and its really tight.

Spitfire4life

• Rep: -20
Re: Zoom to avoid vignetting?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 10:37:45 AM »

I've been filming for around 3 years, and my fisheye has always been a little off, you get used to it. It's pretty much impossible to get a perfect circle, so most lens look like that. Depending of what fisheye you have, it will have two lens, take out the thicker lens and it should fix the unevenness. The only problem with this is that the fisheye won't have as much of an effect as before. Could you post a a video of yours so I can get a better idea of what it looks like?
If you take medical advice from this puddle of retards you are going to die.

Loyal Pawn

• Rep: 7
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 10:57:47 AM »
Vig depends on some factors.

What camera/fisheye you have
How many spacers you have between the two(if any)

As stated.There is no way to know for sure how much vig you'll get from your camera. I've had numerous VX1000's with the same MK1 and theres a noticable difference between em all.Not by much but after awhile you can tell. Are you trying to achieve a full circle?

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 11:05:57 AM »
Don't zoom in on the camera. If it bothers you that much just crop the footage in post. I don't mind the VX1 MK1 vignetting at all. If that's what you have, I think it looks legit.