Author Topic: Hardcore Thread  (Read 194634 times)

straight fucking edge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
Re: Hardcore Thread
« Reply #1830 on: September 18, 2023, 01:53:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i got the see Coke Bust this week. i honestly didn't even know they still existed as they hadnt released anything in like 10 years. so i kinda just assumed they quit.
my friend suddenly was like "yoo, you going to the Coke Bust gig too?". damn i am glad he asked!
[close]

sick man.  chris is one of my closest friends
[close]

username checks out.

thats sick!
my friend was talking with Chris and Nick a lot at the gig. seems he knew em (as they came up to him), probably from previous tours or maybe from his frequent USA trips.

my friend told me that they specificly requested Seein' Red to open for them. Seein' Red opened for them on their first euro tour and they were looking forward to it the whole time, only to get car troubles and arrive at the venue after Seein' Red finished playing. and not long after that they disbanded.
but a fiew years ago the reunited and now they finally got to see Seein' Red. Nick even comented about it on stage how it was a dream come true.
where did you see them?
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

yghartsyrt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 237
« Reply #1831 on: September 18, 2023, 02:10:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i got the see Coke Bust this week. i honestly didn't even know they still existed as they hadnt released anything in like 10 years. so i kinda just assumed they quit.
my friend suddenly was like "yoo, you going to the Coke Bust gig too?". damn i am glad he asked!
[close]

[close]

username checks out.

thats sick!
my friend was talking with Chris and Nick a lot at the gig. seems he knew em (as they came up to him), probably from previous tours or maybe from his frequent USA trips.

my friend told me that they specificly requested Seein' Red to open for them. Seein' Red opened for them on their first euro tour and they were looking forward to it the whole time, only to get car troubles and arrive at the venue after Seein' Red finished playing. and not long after that they disbanded.
but a fiew years ago the reunited and now they finally got to see Seein' Red. Nick even comented about it on stage how it was a dream come true.
[close]
where did you see them?

Didn’t know they reunited. Cool. They played quite often in western Germany close to the Dutch border in the 90s. Loved watching them. The talking was a little long sometimes between songs - often longer than the song themselves.
The seein red / mk ultra split 12“ still gets played a lot here.

disclosed

• Rep: 186
« Reply #1832 on: September 19, 2023, 10:49:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

username checks out.

thats sick!

[close]
where did you see them?

Amsterdam

Didn’t know they reunited. Cool. They played quite often in western Germany close to the Dutch border in the 90s. Loved watching them. The talking was a little long sometimes between songs - often longer than the song themselves.
The seein red / mk ultra split 12“ still gets played a lot here.

they reunited in 2019. ive seen them tons of times since then. they played loads of festivals too. Bloodshed, Static Shock, K-town etc.
the talking part still holds up. a 30 minute set is like 15 minutes talking.
cool that you like em! seems this style isn't that populair everywhere. i know theyre big in Japan and Brazil, but when i saw them at K-town almost no one showed up for their set. its was almost only dutch people in the audience. never seen Ungdomshuset that empty.

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1833 on: September 19, 2023, 11:47:22 AM »
Quote from: disclosed

they reunited in 2019. ive seen them tons of times since then. they played loads of festivals too. Bloodshed, Static Shock, K-town etc.
cool that you like em! seems this style isn't that populair everywhere. i know theyre big in Japan and Brazil, but when i saw them at K-town almost no one showed up for their set. its was almost only dutch people in the audience. never seen Ungdomshuset that empty.
That’s great news regarding the reunion. Maybe I get the chance to see them again - although not much a fan of the concept of reunions, but that’s another story.

I really that kind of sound. Lärm, Stack, Siege - some really great European hardcore bands.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2023, 09:34:40 PM by yghartsyrt »

disclosed

• Rep: 186
« Reply #1834 on: September 19, 2023, 12:35:39 PM »
[quote author=disclosed

That’s great news regarding the reunion. Maybe I get the chance to see them again - although not much a fan of the concept of reunions, but that’s another story.

I really that kind of sound. Lärm, Stack, Siege - some really great European hardcore bands.
[/quote]

bout not being a fan of reunions. technicly they had to stop cause the bass player suffered severe hearing demage and continuing to preform would result in him going deaf. he spend years getting treatment and surgery and in 2019 was able to return to the stage, and so they did.
its all the same members. they never stopped hanging out. and they were only inactive for 6 or 7 years.

so its not really like many other bands comming back with only half of its members after 20+ years just to cash in on their old succes.

https://www.maximumrocknroll.com/article/distortion-to-deafness/

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 742
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1835 on: September 19, 2023, 06:27:27 PM »
I was gonna do a random post but pertaining to the prior conversation. I think Coke Bust rips. Also, when I got to tag along as the roadie/merch guy for The Observers European tour in 06, Ungdomshuset was by far my favorite night of the tour. Gorilla Angreb also played that night, I got make out with this cool girl from Sweden, and stayed up maybe a little too late drinking in the bar singing along to Chumbawumba songs with people I had just met. Good times.

Anyways to what I was gonna post. I've known about Have Heart for a while but they were always on perriphery. I've listening to them a bunch lately, and they're so good. Definitely missed the boat on that one. As far as new stuff
That new Magnitude record is real good. Probably in my top 3 of the year so far with Pain of Truth and Never Ending Game.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

streetmeat

• Rep: 169
« Reply #1836 on: September 20, 2023, 05:50:11 AM »
the new STIGMATISM LP is probably going to end up being my Hardcore AOTY. yesterday while spinning it for the thousandth time i had an epiphany that it might be the best unintentional Youth Crew record in years. this bands entire output has always been doing early Agnostic Front to an exact science and while they are still doing that here, all of the mosh parts scream YC mixed with early Lockin Out vibes. exactly the kind of hardcore record i've been dying for for some time.

https://staticshockrecords.bandcamp.com/album/ignorance-in-power

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1837 on: September 20, 2023, 10:19:11 AM »
bout not being a fan of reunions. technicly they had to stop cause the bass player suffered severe hearing demage and continuing to preform would result in him going deaf. he spend years getting treatment and surgery and in 2019 was able to return to the stage, and so they did.
its all the same members. they never stopped hanging out. and they were only inactive for 6 or 7 years.

so its not really like many other bands comming back with only half of its members after 20+ years just to cash in on their old succes.

https://www.maximumrocknroll.com/article/distortion-to-deafness/

I wasn't aware of his hearing problems. Thanks for clearing this up and the interview aswell.

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
« Reply #1838 on: September 20, 2023, 10:28:26 AM »
ask and thou shalt receive

i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

streetmeat

« Reply #1839 on: September 20, 2023, 10:46:38 AM »
lettuce fuckin goooooooooooo

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #1840 on: September 20, 2023, 10:16:40 PM »
yoooooooo

hoping to see them post some dates

streetmeat

« Reply #1841 on: September 21, 2023, 02:42:57 AM »
will 100% be going to their November 18th Chicago show.

this all kinda makes sense now cause just a couple weeks ago i was talking to John about doing another fest and he said he would love to play it again and i was thinking 'what the fuck does he mean....?' lol

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1842 on: September 28, 2023, 10:56:42 AM »
Two new Echo Chamber tracks

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 114
« Reply #1843 on: September 29, 2023, 04:57:29 AM »

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 689
« Reply #1844 on: October 04, 2023, 05:51:25 AM »

That was sick…. Kind of Raw black metal-y
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 820
« Reply #1845 on: October 09, 2023, 12:56:53 PM »
Saw Deez Nuts and Rise of the north star last night was great.

Ice Cream For Crow

• Rep: 15
« Reply #1846 on: October 10, 2023, 02:11:17 PM »
Saw Roll Call on Saturday and Fury on Sunday. It’s pretty rare to catch Fury live these days so I was hyped.

kickflipfaceplant

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1847 on: October 12, 2023, 01:20:10 AM »

Prinzy

• Rep: 178
« Reply #1848 on: October 12, 2023, 11:00:59 AM »

absolutely killer, hoping they keep visiting the states regularly cause i've yet to see them, regular no bullshit hardcore is so back and i support it

the lads and i on hate5six. we did an outburst cover. that is all.

spongebob is lit and if i see any spongebob slander i'm pulling up to your house and beating your ass

streetmeat

« Reply #1849 on: October 12, 2023, 04:45:30 PM »
been a little surprised i havent seen the Stigmatism LP get more hype. its easily HC record of the year imo. seems like a lot of people are dying for a Lockin Out/ straight forward hardcore revival and its just that. figured Spoiler being attached to it would drive it more too since it seems like his art is having a resurgence too.

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1850 on: October 18, 2023, 10:54:45 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

absolutely killer, hoping they keep visiting the states regularly cause i've yet to see them, regular no bullshit hardcore is so back and i support it

I only saw Echo Chamber once. It was pretty good. Fingers crossed, you'll get your chance.

loved your show. the venue looks fun with this pillars. Is this a basement or just low ceiling?

been a little surprised i havent seen the Stigmatism LP get more hype. its easily HC record of the year imo. seems like a lot of people are dying for a Lockin Out/ straight forward hardcore revival and its just that. figured Spoiler being attached to it would drive it more too since it seems like his art is having a resurgence too.

Stigmatism LP is nuts. Need to get my hand on a copy – but i'm kinda lazy these last days, when it comes to buying records. Too much stuff sits on my shelf still waiting to be listened to the first time

Banned from the room

« Reply #1851 on: October 18, 2023, 09:57:11 PM »
https://youtu.be/jb_KegEJQ9s?si=Ok__op0pCG75OHGp

I haven't looked into the details. I assume Bri just felt like cleaning up old songs? Doing then in slightly different style?

Sore Throat classics but moderner.

Still my favorite band on earth.

So it's basically Celtic frost mated with crass and anti sect and 7 mon with a little bit of amebix too.

Now it seems to have a little bit of that Scandinavian crust thing.

Best worst band ever. Way better than everyone else who's been on earache

Check them out. I named my last band before this one after their demo because I was inspired by their way of not sticking to genres but tieing them all together.

Every release sounds different. Thats what a band should do.

Punk covers all genres except shit on big labels. Those people ain't punks.

Banned from the room

« Reply #1852 on: October 18, 2023, 10:14:19 PM »
https://sore-throat.bandcamp.com/track/possessed-to-rollerskate-2

One more underground hit

Posessed to Roller skate.
Live from The birth place of grindcore. Rich Walker's bedroom 1987.

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #1853 on: October 23, 2023, 09:59:07 AM »
Glad to see someone posted World I Hate. They're one of my current favorites. Here is something along those lines if you're interested:

Saw them @ Programme a few years back and they fucking ripped.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -279
« Reply #1854 on: October 25, 2023, 01:08:08 AM »

Did DN open with “stay true”? Such a banger of an opener for a hardcore show.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 820
« Reply #1855 on: October 25, 2023, 07:54:43 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Did DN open with “stay true”? Such a banger of an opener for a hardcore show.

We missed the first few sings unfortunately.

231st Street

• Rep: -212
« Reply #1856 on: October 25, 2023, 09:47:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I only saw Echo Chamber once. It was pretty good. Fingers crossed, you'll get your chance.

loved your show. the venue looks fun with this pillars. Is this a basement or just low ceiling?

Expand Quote
[close]

Stigmatism LP is nuts. Need to get my hand on a copy – but i'm kinda lazy these last days, when it comes to buying records. Too much stuff sits on my shelf still waiting to be listened to the first time

Yes please to Waydown- reminds me of south jersey basement shows of my youth!  Thanks for posting.

Frank Sobotka

• Rep: 95
  • We used to make shit in this country, build shit

streetmeat

« Reply #1858 on: October 27, 2023, 12:50:17 PM »

streetmeat

« Reply #1859 on: October 27, 2023, 01:22:11 PM »
shameless self promotion. if you like hardcore and can read.