Author Topic: matt beach appreciation thread  (Read 7133 times)

JeremyScottofChapman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -21
Re: matt beach appreciation thread
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2019, 06:18:48 AM »
My very first introduction to him was when I was 6 in G&S "Stun"
I later met him at a Firm Demo at Drop In skatepark and asked him about the ramp in that part and he said it was his backyard ramp.  Such a nice dude and undeniable ripper.  Definitely should be getting paid for skateboarding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxYa9ClE8MU

Also this part with Jahmal Williams on the harmonica and Gonz and Quim on vocals! Watched this part so many times!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3YRigf-qR4

« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 10:13:31 AM by JeremyScottofChapman »

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2019, 07:42:50 AM »
^whoah there it is, kf indy ender!
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Dustwardprez

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2019, 05:23:47 PM »
I’m pretty sure he is in the G&S video I was just holding a min ago

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2022, 04:49:36 PM »

Frank and Fred

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2022, 07:48:26 PM »
I have a couple of friends that knew Beach pretty well and I have had the privilege of sessioning a miniramp with him on more than one occasion. Amazing to watch in person and a very humble nice individual. I hope he is doing OK.

Every time I ride my bike over the Broadway Bridge, I think about that 5050 clip.

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 81
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2022, 03:01:46 PM »
I have a couple of friends that knew Beach pretty well and I have had the privilege of sessioning a miniramp with him on more than one occasion. Amazing to watch in person and a very humble nice individual. I hope he is doing OK.

Every time I ride my bike over the Broadway Bridge, I think about that 5050 clip.

Skated a mini ramp woth him about 11 or 12 years ago outside of Portland, was amazing to watch and super nice guy.
Cocteau Twins

JRF

• Rep: 145
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2022, 04:36:36 AM »
Matt was homeless, living in a tent in forest park for a good part of a year or more by choice, he has/had places, family and friends he could stay with but he’s got some mental health issues he struggles with and he tends to keep his issues to himself and it’s hard to get him to except help from his friends and family or open up about what he’s going through . When he started skateboarding for a living again he kind of got out of his head for awhile and it was really good for him. He holds his emotions in too much and I think that really messes with his head. I’ve tried to keep in touch with him as much as possible but he drops off the grid frequently. Wherever he is right now, I hope he’s in a good place. I miss hanging out with him, he’s been one of, if not, my best friends since we were 11 years old. His video parts have always been amazing, but he’s even a lot more amazing in real time. Great dude and amazing friend. I’ve always sort of thought of him as the john nash of skateboarding, but with a more gentle,friendly and subtle social awkwardness.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2022, 12:45:40 AM by JRF »
//////////

JRF

• Rep: 145
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2022, 12:40:08 AM »
Actually, Matt might be more of a “bobby Fischer” than a “John nash”.
//////////