Author Topic: Baker drops Braydon, Lenoce and Heyl from pro team.  (Read 139341 times)

smokecrack

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
Re: Baker drops Braydon, Lenoce and Heyl from pro team.
« Reply #510 on: February 28, 2014, 02:47:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i still like spanky but he seems like someone you back or don't.. i think he's got plenty more to give.. he's always on atibas instagram and seems to be filming, i dont know what boysofsummer� is but hopefully he'll drop a part soon and get back on from his pro - flow status..

SPANKY GIVE US A REASON TO STILL LIKE YOU!!
[close]

supreme video. I don't know if he'll have a legitimate part but he'll definitely have some clips.
[close]

again, the supreme video is called Cherry. that other thing is a completely different entity.
[close]

I thought #boysofsummer was just a hashtag that denoted them filming for the supreme video during the past summer, since it's basically all the same people involved.

nope, atiba is working on the boys of summer video. cherry is something else entirely.

once again, they are two different videos.

Mazzer

• Rep: -20
« Reply #511 on: March 01, 2014, 09:23:59 AM »
My friend collects unemployment checks and gets payed under the table cash working at a bar. Needless to say hes making really good money and has been doing this for some time now.

And you think that's cool or legit?  Or no?

Fucking aggravating for me, a taxpayer.

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #512 on: March 01, 2014, 09:39:29 AM »
Expand Quote
My friend collects unemployment checks and gets payed under the table cash working at a bar. Needless to say hes making really good money and has been doing this for some time now.
[close]

Can't knock the hustle!

Exposure

• Rep: -269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #513 on: March 01, 2014, 10:27:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

And you think that's cool or legit??  Or no?

[close]

Can't knock the hustle!

If "the hustle" is being a lazy fuck and living off of other people's money for free... then yeah
I can ollie 6 decks why would I want to scrape the ground with my tricks

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #514 on: March 01, 2014, 10:29:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ex Skateboard pro or not a lot of people at 30+ don't have there shit together or are working on it. That's life.
[close]

seriously. at 27 im one of 3 skaters i know with a job that doesnt pay in cash
[close]

You lost me there....
[close]

i think he just means under the table/not on the books. �
[close]

Then wouldn't that be payed by cash and not by an actual check? I think we've all had jobs like that. My friend collects unemployment checks and gets payed under the table cash working at a bar. Needless to say hes making really good money and has been doing this for some time now.

i wasnt trying to diss your friend or anyone else. i was referring to the idea of career type jobs vs working for cash under the table at skate shops/restaurants/random odd-jobs.

your friend is an asshole for that.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #515 on: March 01, 2014, 10:35:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ex Skateboard pro or not a lot of people at 30+ don't have there shit together or are working on it. That's life.
[close]

seriously. at 27 im one of 3 skaters i know with a job that doesnt pay in cash
[close]

You lost me there....
[close]

i think he just means under the table/not on the books. ?
[close]

Then wouldn't that be payed by cash and not by an actual check? I think we've all had jobs like that. My friend collects unemployment checks and gets payed under the table cash working at a bar. Needless to say hes making really good money and has been doing this for some time now.
[close]

i wasnt trying to diss your friend or anyone else. i was referring to the idea of career type jobs vs working for cash under the table at skate shops/restaurants/random odd-jobs.

your friend is an asshole for that.

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #516 on: March 01, 2014, 10:39:22 AM »
Wow, why do so many people care about this guy's friend getting unemployment checks while doing a bartending gig? Mere fractions of people's cents in his home state are going towards that, boo freaking hoo. Fuck money and fuck landlords and fuck the Government, that guy is doing it right.

Mazzer

• Rep: -20
« Reply #517 on: March 01, 2014, 10:41:38 AM »
It's amazing what actually paying a lot of money (60k a year) in taxes does to you.  People really think the money for all these programs comes from some magical bank with unlimited funds - No, it doesn't.  I'm giving away a really nice car every single year, while the recipients of my cash sit on the couch doing drugs, faking job search efforts (or already having a job).  So if anyone's hustle is getting knocked it's mine.

Sorry for the rant  ::)

midevilco

« Reply #518 on: March 01, 2014, 12:51:13 PM »
It's amazing what actually paying a lot of money (60k a year) in taxes does to you.  People really think the money for all these programs comes from some magical bank with unlimited funds - No, it doesn't.  I'm giving away a really nice car every single year, while the recipients of my cash sit on the couch doing drugs, faking job search efforts (or already having a job).  So if anyone's hustle is getting knocked it's mine.

This.

It's totally fun working my ass off the entire year, nights, weekends and more only to ship off a 5 figure check, while a bunch of fleas sit around getting drunk, waiting for their tax refund after being on unemployment for half the year.

southsecond

« Reply #519 on: March 01, 2014, 08:23:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Can't knock the hustle!

Your friend probably "loves haters" too because they "motivate" him. You both sound like assholes. A real hustle is supporting yourself and not taking a fucking handout while thinking you're putting one over on people.

ungzilla

« Reply #520 on: March 01, 2014, 08:27:44 PM »

oh boohoo, you can't get another beamer, sounds like you're really struggling

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #521 on: March 01, 2014, 08:49:12 PM »
As far as my friend goes this is really happening. Dude has a kid too. So he gets a fat check at the end of the year as well. I agree with most and have told him myself that's a dick thing to do and he's fucking lazy. I'm making a over 50k and after taxes and insurance for the whole family which is expensive I'm bringing home in just a little more than he is. It sucks and frustrates me when the middle class get no help for anything but people who do shady shit live pretty much the same life as someone who had to work hard to get there. But trust me there are far more worse stories out there for sure.

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #522 on: March 01, 2014, 08:59:55 PM »
I've spent plenty of time collecting unemployment and working another job. Thanks for helping me pay for the weed guys.

GeorgeHanson

« Reply #523 on: March 01, 2014, 09:13:08 PM »

This is so fucking dumb. You know that your tax money doesn't go only to drug fucked dudes on welfare? Like there are hospitals and schools and roads and shit like that?

And so fucking what if someone wants to sit on a couch all day doing drugs? Because they didn't follow your life trajectory they have to starve? If they want to sit on their shitty couch doing shitty drugs eating shitty food all day let them. You are not paying for them to do it. You are paying for the right to live in a country that is civilised enough that they support their weak.

Not sorry for the rant.

GeorgeHanson

« Reply #524 on: March 01, 2014, 09:14:02 PM »
I've spent plenty of time collecting unemployment and working another job. Thanks for helping me pay for the weed guys.

lol

midevilco

« Reply #525 on: March 01, 2014, 09:43:33 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This is so fucking dumb. You know that your tax money doesn't go only to drug fucked dudes on welfare? Like there are hospitals and schools and roads and shit like that?

And so fucking what if someone wants to sit on a couch all day doing drugs? Because they didn't follow your life trajectory they have to starve? If they want to sit on their shitty couch doing shitty drugs eating shitty food all day let them. You are not paying for them to do it. You are paying for the right to live in a country that is civilised enough that they support their weak.

Not sorry for the rant.

Your right, it doesn't only go to keeping lazy bums fat and drugged up, it also goes to war, which eats up a major chunk of the money that could go to "hospitals and schools and roads and shit like that."

Exposure

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #526 on: March 01, 2014, 10:02:47 PM »
And so fucking what if someone wants to sit on a couch all day doing drugs? Because they didn't follow your life trajectory they have to starve?

No, there's this thing called having a job. No matter what percentage of my check goes to these types of people doesn't make a difference. The point is that millions of dollars are being collected from hard working people and given away to people who don't need it. I'm all for my tax dollars going towards things that are positive for society but there's a huge problem with unemployment welfare being taken advantage of in this country. You're one of those sheep who believe everything the government tells you huh? Dude wants to sit on a couch all day and get fucked up? I couldn't care less, more power to him if that's what makes him happy. He can get a fucking job at a fast food restaurant or a gas station.

GeorgeHanson

« Reply #527 on: March 01, 2014, 10:36:51 PM »
Expand Quote
And so fucking what if someone wants to sit on a couch all day doing drugs? Because they didn't follow your life trajectory they have to starve?
[close]

No, there's this thing called having a job. No matter what percentage of my check goes to these types of people doesn't make a difference. The point is that millions of dollars are being collected from hard working people and given away to people who don't need it. I'm all for my tax dollars going towards things that are positive for society but there's a huge problem with unemployment welfare being taken advantage of in this country. You're one of those sheep who believe everything the government tells you huh? Dude wants to sit on a couch all day and get fucked up? I couldn't care less, more power to him if that's what makes him happy. He can get a fucking job at a fast food restaurant or a gas station.

With an education like yours I would be extolling the virtues of a welfare state.

Exposure

« Reply #528 on: March 01, 2014, 10:59:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

With an education like yours I would be extolling the virtues of a welfare state.

You couldn't find any flaws in my logic so you decided to go for a baseless personal attack? Next time, don't reply unless you have some facts to counter with instead of trying to make yourself look smart. You're not fooling anyone.

GeorgeHanson

« Reply #529 on: March 01, 2014, 11:38:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

You couldn't find any flaws in my logic so you decided to go for a baseless personal attack? Next time, don't reply unless you have some facts to counter with instead of trying to make yourself look smart. You're not fooling anyone.

Well I could have put effort into replying but I think you're a piece of shit so I don't care.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 11:42:20 PM by George Hanson »

Brown Thunder

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -66
« Reply #530 on: March 02, 2014, 12:03:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Well I could have put effort into replying but I think you're a piece of shit so I don't care.

Spanky on welfare

shark tits

« Reply #531 on: March 02, 2014, 12:06:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

the percentage of your check that goes to welfare and positive things is infinitesimally small compared to cop salaries and blowing up other countries. you believe everything you hear on bill o'reilly?

Exposure

« Reply #532 on: March 02, 2014, 12:23:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Nice cop out. You know I'm right so instead of shutting the fuck up you come with more personal attacks. Do yourself a favor and stop replying.

Exposure

« Reply #533 on: March 02, 2014, 12:35:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
the percentage of your check that goes to welfare and positive things is infinitesimally small compared to cop salaries and blowing up other countries. you believe everything you hear on bill o'reilly?

..........First of all, just because I don't think it's cool that there are dudes out there getting paid for nothing doesn't mean I'm conservative, I fucking hate Bill O'Reilly's guts. You need to escape the left wing-right wing polarization conditioning if you are ever going to think for yourself. Second of all, I'm completely aware what most taxes actually fund, and I'm even more against that shit than lazy dudes getting paid for my hard work. So...you wanna try again?

shark tits

« Reply #534 on: March 02, 2014, 01:46:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

..........First of all, just because I don't think it's cool that there are dudes out there getting paid for nothing doesn't mean I'm conservative, I fucking hate Bill O'Reilly's guts. You need to escape the left wing-right wing polarization conditioning if you are ever going to think for yourself. Second of all, I'm completely aware what most taxes actually fund, and I'm even more against that shit than lazy dudes getting paid for my hard work. So...you wanna try again?
the o'reilly comment was cause you accused dude of being a 'sheep' and believing everything the government said. i'm not left or right wing. did you miss the part where he said his buddy works under the table? if he's drawing that means he at some point worked 'in the system' and now he's working and drawing, ethically questionable but hardly lazy.

AnotherHardDayAtTheOffice

• Rep: -8
« Reply #535 on: March 02, 2014, 02:58:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

But hopefully those 30+ people were actually working some sort of job. Job history can get you at least some progression if you don't have a degree. If Lenoce tried to get a job, he couldn't even put he was a pro skater on his resume.

Why not? I mean... why wouldn't he list Lakai or Baker as his employers? It's not like has to state he spent 10 years chilling on his couch. In my eyes, he does have a job history (contrary to some other people without a degree).

zuma

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #536 on: March 02, 2014, 03:00:10 AM »
read this post by the donger on the book and thought of the latest posts in this thread...

IF WE HAVE EVOLVED SHOULDN'T SURVIVAL BE MORE FREE?
I think we got it Twisted. We are actually living in the Dark Ages, where we feel we have to produce intelligence through our minds in the form of technology, rather than experience the intelligence that is around and readily available. Think of it like this, some, like "Nikola Tesla", wanted to harness free energy to be free, while others like "Thomas Edison" wanted to monopolize energy to make money, along with J.P. Morgan(guess who won) The understanding and split of two different minds lead us to our present dilemma "unsustainable energy" Imagine if we lived towards Tesla's direction? Profit and Greed won! As opposed to Share and Live! Well guess what, most are scraping to live with only the motive of Survival, as opposed to the motive of Experience! Ain't that a bitch!!!

southsecond

« Reply #537 on: March 02, 2014, 05:04:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Not sorry for the rant.

There's a difference between a social safety net, which is what unemployment and welfare were designed to be, and scamming the system. So fucking WHAT if he wants to sit around all day doing drugs? Sure, do it, but be responsible enough to pay for it your damn self. Fucking "life trajectories" have nothing to do with this, it's simply that an asshole who'd "rather not" work taxes the fuck out of all already over-taxed system that is meant to get people over a rough spot until they can stand on their own two feet. And, oh yeah, dude, we are paying for him to do that. Everyone who works pays income tax, which is how the governments, both state and federal, get the money to, among other things (hospitals and roads, like you so kindly pointed out), pay fucking lazy creeps like we're talking about money that's supposed to go towards rent and food. Do you have any fucking idea how our government works? I can just imagine the sheer amount of books you've never read.

MareVitals

• Rep: -39
« Reply #538 on: March 02, 2014, 06:07:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Not sorry for the rant.
[close]

There's a difference between a social safety net, which is what unemployment and welfare were designed to be, and scamming the system. So fucking WHAT if he wants to sit around all day doing drugs? Sure, do it, but be responsible enough to pay for it your damn self. Fucking "life trajectories" have nothing to do with this, it's simply that an asshole who'd "rather not" work taxes the fuck out of all already over-taxed system that is meant to get people over a rough spot until they can stand on their own two feet. And, oh yeah, dude, we are paying for him to do that. Everyone who works pays income tax, which is how the governments, both state and federal, get the money to, among other things (hospitals and roads, like you so kindly pointed out), pay fucking lazy creeps like we're talking about money that's supposed to go towards rent and food. Do you have any fucking idea how our government works? I can just imagine the sheer amount of books you've never read.
While life trajectories may not explain every instance, they certainly fucking do have a great deal to do with this. You can complain about the fleas living off your tax money(which is fucked), but if you're going to you better complain about the tax cuts for the super rich passing the buck down to you.

GeorgeHanson

« Reply #539 on: March 02, 2014, 06:11:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It's amazing what actually paying a lot of money (60k a year) in taxes does to you. �People really think the money for all these programs comes from some magical bank with unlimited funds - No, it doesn't. �I'm giving away a really nice car every single year, while the recipients of my cash sit on the couch doing drugs, faking job search efforts (or already having a job). �So if anyone's hustle is getting knocked it's mine.

Sorry for the rant �::)
[close]

Not sorry for the rant.
[close]

Broad sweeping statements on the books you imagine I haven't read on an internet forum make you look like an idiot.

All I'm saying is that a society that doesn't take care of people who are to dumb or lazy to get a job is not a society I want to be a part of. Do I think it is admirable that someone wants to be a druggie? I don't. But taking care of the weakest members of society or those that want to pursue a path that is not deemed economically viable by society is a reflection of that society. Do you want to live in a society that allows poverty to be perpetuated and all the negative impacts that go along with that? No. But it seems you want that extra plasma in the kitchen.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 06:18:21 PM by George Hanson »