Author Topic: How Relationships Work  (Read 21770 times)

paraquat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: How Relationships Work
« Reply #120 on: July 01, 2013, 06:04:19 PM »
To quote the almighty Bukowski:  ?Every relationship is fundamentally a power struggle, and the individual in power is whoever likes the other person less.?
This is definitely one of the better threads in Whatever, good shit. You guys rule!
That guy is brilliant .

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
« Reply #121 on: July 01, 2013, 06:14:09 PM »
Expand Quote
both of you are fucking idiots
[close]

your girlfriend is probably fucking your best friend right now
Maybe. But you're definitely an idiot.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 196
« Reply #122 on: July 01, 2013, 10:52:25 PM »
10 months since my last breakup. i still love her, she still likes me, but has a guy as far as i know and it's no use anyway. we haven't talked or had any contact at all for the last 7 months. i'm still down with her friends in my city(she lives three hours away) and with her roommate who is also still a good friend of mine, i still hang out with her and her boyfriend, who also skates. however, it's like there's a conspiracy going on to make sure she and i will not meet, not even by coincidence. for example she skipped the birthday party of a mutual friend of ours because she knew i'd be there. it's super weird. i really have no hopes of coming clean with her again, whatever that means. i don't talk about it with her friends because i'd prefer we could adress each other directly. i guess we will meet by coincidence and it's gonna be awkward as fuck... anyway, i've gotten used to it and now i remain with a pretty cynical view about relationships, though i had 4 of them that lasted a year or more. now when i think of entering a new relationship it all comes down to me wondering how it will end this time.

stay strong, tfuckina.

Thank you frank, I appreciate it.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

KOOL MIKE

« Reply #123 on: July 01, 2013, 11:10:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

i probably fucked your girlfriend too

the whompler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 10
  • https://vimeo.com/user36500511
« Reply #124 on: July 02, 2013, 11:38:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

sorry mike, by proof of your recent posts, you're 12 and never had sex.

KOOL MIKE

« Reply #125 on: July 02, 2013, 11:43:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

ok you got me im fucking your mom right now

the whompler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 10
  • https://vimeo.com/user36500511
« Reply #126 on: July 02, 2013, 02:19:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

ok you got me im fucking your mom right now

cool. but with a k

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #127 on: July 02, 2013, 02:52:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Well. Someone has to do it.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 605
    • Community Push avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #128 on: July 02, 2013, 06:03:15 PM »
TFUCKINA, I sent you a PM if you haven't seen it already.

Don't mean to be a douche but I'm not particularly interested in sharing recent breakup stories. But in response to TFUCKINA, I don't want anybody on the boards to hesitate to reach out about suicidal feelings. I'm sure other pals are happy to lend an ear too.

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #129 on: July 02, 2013, 07:33:19 PM »

Don't mean to be a douche but I'm not particularly interested in sharing recent breakup stories. But in response to TFUCKINA, I don't want anybody on the boards to hesitate to reach out about suicidal feelings. I'm sure other pals are happy to lend an ear too.
I'm with this.

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #130 on: July 02, 2013, 07:41:07 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I'm with this.
Me too.

neko

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #131 on: July 02, 2013, 10:09:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
I'm with this.
[close]
Me too.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 410
« Reply #132 on: July 03, 2013, 05:17:31 AM »
At least it wasn't your dad.

sooooooooooo true, hahaha

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1500
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #133 on: July 03, 2013, 10:08:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
I'm with this.
[close]
Me too.
[close]
Same here.  I know now that even if you think you're okay because you're used to feeling so down and out, you might really be in need of some friendly help and guidance to really give you perspective.  It's always hardest to know you're in the shit unless someone who isn't it tells you that you're neck deep and about to drown.  I had group therapy and medication help bring me back from the void.  Please don't hesitate to ask for help.

busey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1290
  • i can't it's a geo!
« Reply #134 on: July 03, 2013, 10:51:22 AM »
Never had a bad one, but one time I walked into a party and I saw this girl I had been kinda dating there who was playing beer pong in sweat pants and a sweatshirt, had some of the female snus dip tobacco in her lip, and drinks a red cup and goes "WWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!"

and I broke up with her over that. Just couldn't deal with the overwhelming amount of trailer trash that she encompassed at that one moment in time. After I later told her "I dunno why the fuck I'm fuckin with YOU" and she cried.

So, I'm kinda on the opposite side of most of these stories, but that bitch sucked too, 'cept I got the fun at the end.

BTW, if you ever have a chance to date a chick from Alaska, don't.
it's been 5 minutes and for some reason i'm still laughing at this.

the best way to deal with any break up is just avoid them completely. block or delete them off any social media platform, stay busy having fun with friends, and most of all just go out and meet new women. most of all, don't be self destructive... no girl is going to go back to you because you're now a mess without them. after reading some of these stories it sounds like if they see you ruining your life over the break up they've won. even if you're all bummed out never make it seem that way. fake it until you make it, bruh bruh.
I rolled my ankle jacking off on a ladder.

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 605
    • Community Push avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #135 on: July 03, 2013, 11:57:36 AM »
the best way to deal with any break up is just avoid them completely. block or delete them off any social media platform, stay busy having fun with friends, and most of all just go out and meet new women. most of all, don't be self destructive... no girl is going to go back to you because you're now a mess without them. after reading some of these stories it sounds like if they see you ruining your life over the break up they've won. even if you're all bummed out never make it seem that way. fake it until you make it, bruh bruh.

While this is true for the most part, I wouldn't say I agree completely. Going through my recent breakup, there were a few occasions where I felt I had to speak to my ex to get some clarity and some shit off my chest. This can be problematic for obvious reasons in that it could open up new wounds, but I found it clarifying for the most part. I last spoke to my ex about two months ago and I've had zero interest in seeing or contacting her since that meeting, which is a tremendous step up from the two months prior to that.

And yes. Meeting other women is key. It's unbelievably liberating and grants a much clearer perspective to get to know somebody new, even if it is totally casual or unsatisfactory in the end. Sometimes this new girl will be into you and then suddenly avoid you and then you find out it's because she's dating another girl, but hey, it was worth it.

busey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1290
  • i can't it's a geo!
« Reply #136 on: July 03, 2013, 12:12:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

While this is true for the most part, I wouldn't say I agree completely. Going through my recent breakup, there were a few occasions where I felt I had to speak to my ex to get some clarity and some shit off my chest. This can be problematic for obvious reasons in that it could open up new wounds, but I found it clarifying for the most part. I last spoke to my ex about two months ago and I've had zero interest in seeing or contacting her since that meeting, which is a tremendous step up from the two months prior to that.

And yes. Meeting other women is key. It's unbelievably liberating and grants a much clearer perspective to get to know somebody new, even if it is totally casual or unsatisfactory in the end. Sometimes this new girl will be into you and then suddenly avoid you and then you find out it's because she's dating another girl, but hey, it was worth it.
absolutely nothing wrong with some closure. it's when the chats become casual and toxic is when it's a problem. that's when you gotta cut that shit out.
I rolled my ankle jacking off on a ladder.

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #137 on: July 03, 2013, 04:43:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
I'm with this.
[close]
Me too.
[close]
[close]
Same here.  I know now that even if you think you're okay because you're used to feeling so down and out, you might really be in need of some friendly help and guidance to really give you perspective.  It's always hardest to know you're in the shit unless someone who isn't it tells you that you're neck deep and about to drown.  I had group therapy and medication help bring me back from the void.  Please don't hesitate to ask for help.
I'm here as well if you want to chat. I can tell you that I had my life pulled through the muck in ways you can't imagine and have came out of it happy and stronger.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 196
« Reply #138 on: July 03, 2013, 09:13:57 PM »
Thanks so much guys, it feels good to know people who don't even know me want to reach out and talk to me.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Mundungus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • ∆∆∆
« Reply #139 on: July 03, 2013, 09:31:45 PM »
I let one girl make me feel like shit for way too long, and I'm not planning on letting it happen ever again.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #140 on: July 04, 2013, 08:31:32 AM »
Thanks so much guys, it feels good to know people who don't even know me want to reach out and talk to me.

Your story is really sad...  :'(  When we see a buddy sinking that way we have the need to try to keep you afloat! Life doesnt end, that was just a chapter in your life! Keep strong and show then you can move on! It's the best revenge!  ;)

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #141 on: July 04, 2013, 06:49:22 PM »
It's important to remember that she's just a broad you used to fuck. There are plenty of other people in your life who depend on you to make them smile. Just look at it that way. It's your job to make people smile.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 06:50:56 PM by brycickle »

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
« Reply #142 on: July 04, 2013, 08:36:30 PM »
It's odd to post on here knowing that I live in a small city and someone could potentially know who I am etc but...

Couple years back I was living with a girlfriend who was 2 years older than me. We were together for I believe around 3 years give or take a few months. She fucked me up in the head pretty bad to the point where my confidence was gone entirely, I didn't think anybody would ever want me or even want to be associated with me. She'd done this thing where she'd break up with me and IMMEDIATELY have another guy, and then tell me details about their short lived relationships, and then come back to me. and I'd fucking let her! She was very mentally/verbally abusive (sounds regular, but its a legit thing..) she also got physical with me a few times, which again sounds stupid. I'm usually pretty solid in fights, can handle myself, yell back, etc. but she'd beaten me down verbally so many times that I'd stopped fighting back whatsoever for a while. Shit was bad. Everything I did I had a complex to where I felt I wasn't good enough, or trying enough, or even coming anywhere close to the mark. Eventually I'd just got to a breaking point, but it took some odd things coming together. I decided to go back to college and try to do something with myself as opposed to working shitty jobs to help support her. My first night at college another girl comes up and starts talking to me, then that night hits me up in the classes online database saying she wants to chill with me etc. I stayed up all night basically out of shock that someone was interested. Next day I broke it off with my girlfriend, long long long overdue. Ended up chilling with girl from school, banging her a week or two later. It was refreshing in the oddest way to have somebody think I was interesting or worthwhile. I then of course went on a bit of a tear just meeting chicks and building my confidence back up, but that first girl was like the gateway out of that relationship. Whole time I could've left...Never had the motivation to. It was insane though, I went from 3 years to no contact, and was suddenly solid at telling her to fuck off and being true to myself. No matter what you will always find something better.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 08:38:03 PM by teh canadian suit »
p-shuvs and v-flips

LESBIAN

• Rep: -2
« Reply #143 on: July 04, 2013, 09:07:12 PM »
woah i can't believe you post on SLAP lol

KOOL MIKE

« Reply #144 on: July 05, 2013, 09:37:55 AM »
It's odd to post on here knowing that I live in a small city and someone could potentially know who I am etc but...

Couple years back I was living with a girlfriend who was 2 years older than me. We were together for I believe around 3 years give or take a few months. She fucked me up in the head pretty bad to the point where my confidence was gone entirely, I didn't think anybody would ever want me or even want to be associated with me. She'd done this thing where she'd break up with me and IMMEDIATELY have another guy, and then tell me details about their short lived relationships, and then come back to me. and I'd fucking let her! She was very mentally/verbally abusive (sounds regular, but its a legit thing..) she also got physical with me a few times, which again sounds stupid. I'm usually pretty solid in fights, can handle myself, yell back, etc. but she'd beaten me down verbally so many times that I'd stopped fighting back whatsoever for a while. Shit was bad. Everything I did I had a complex to where I felt I wasn't good enough, or trying enough, or even coming anywhere close to the mark. Eventually I'd just got to a breaking point, but it took some odd things coming together. I decided to go back to college and try to do something with myself as opposed to working shitty jobs to help support her. My first night at college another girl comes up and starts talking to me, then that night hits me up in the classes online database saying she wants to chill with me etc. I stayed up all night basically out of shock that someone was interested. Next day I broke it off with my girlfriend, long long long overdue. Ended up chilling with girl from school, banging her a week or two later. It was refreshing in the oddest way to have somebody think I was interesting or worthwhile. I then of course went on a bit of a tear just meeting chicks and building my confidence back up, but that first girl was like the gateway out of that relationship. Whole time I could've left...Never had the motivation to. It was insane though, I went from 3 years to no contact, and was suddenly solid at telling her to fuck off and being true to myself. No matter what you will always find something better.

lol what up jake

Brandon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 291
« Reply #145 on: July 05, 2013, 11:42:03 AM »

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
  • tiger style
« Reply #146 on: July 05, 2013, 12:19:57 PM »
I let one girl make me feel like shit for way too long, and I'm not planning on letting it happen ever again.

your ready for the real deal

that's the burn and perspective everyone needs

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #147 on: July 05, 2013, 04:19:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

your ready for the real deal

that's the burn and perspective everyone needs
yea just stay away from women forever
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1700
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #148 on: August 05, 2013, 06:13:59 PM »
How old are you and how old is she?  Any girl under 27 I would not expect anything serious from, regardless of whatever they tell you. 
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

StimCoCruzer

« Reply #149 on: August 05, 2013, 06:21:38 PM »
Wow, this thread is gnarly.

you know all their friends support the dumping of a skater too. especially the parents. its a hard life men.