Author Topic: How Relationships Work  (Read 21783 times)

A.J.K.

Re: How Relationships Work
« Reply #150 on: August 05, 2013, 06:49:22 PM »
Expand Quote
How old are you and how old is she?  Any girl under 27 I would not expect anything serious from, regardless of whatever they tell you. 
[close]
She's 19. I'm almost 19. I dunno. I wish I was more hopeful, but I don't know how it'll turn out. Probably not well, but who knows when that'll be.
You're not a piece of shit, and although it sounds really cold you're not responsible for her well being.  It's good that you care about her feelings and don't want to intentionally hurt her, but don't stay in a relationship for the sake of her while it sucks the life out of you.  Breaking it off with her will be shitty in the short term, for both of you, but it's better than putting minimal effort into the relationship and leading her on for however long. 

And I'm by no means trying to say that you're the type of person who would do this, but i'm sure you could see how the combination of wanting to play the field, not being as into her as you feel you should be, and studying abroad could end up really damaging her. 

brycickle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #151 on: August 05, 2013, 07:26:47 PM »
You're 18 and you two have been together for 9 months? You don't know what love is. Get some strange.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

MuchasGracias

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #152 on: August 05, 2013, 07:38:20 PM »
You're 18 and you two have been together for 9 months? You don't know what love is. Get some strange.

This. You're setting yourself up for embarrassment dude.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 07:47:22 PM by MuchasGracias »

SEAN PABLO

• Rep: -78
« Reply #153 on: August 05, 2013, 07:53:47 PM »
Ok. I'm sorry. I'm stupid for saying anything about it in the first place.

Lol it's okay i'm here for you  ;)

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #154 on: August 05, 2013, 08:29:49 PM »
Taking a girl's virginity and then coming out as gay a few months later after you stop lying to yourself is always an interesting string of events.

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #155 on: August 06, 2013, 01:24:05 AM »
Taking a girl's virginity and then coming out as gay a few months later after you stop lying to yourself is always an interesting string of events.

Was the virginity taking the event that actually led to you coming out of the closet or did it just happen to coincide with it?

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #156 on: August 06, 2013, 04:12:29 AM »
Ok. I'm sorry. I'm stupid for saying anything about it in the first place.

I had the same thoughts when I was your age. Just based off my experiences, its best you dont worry about what the outcome will be. It may last or it may end. I thought I was going to still be with the girl I met when i was 18 but am not. It was great while it lasted but Ive gained so much more since the break up. Hope this helps.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #157 on: August 06, 2013, 05:59:29 AM »
ugh this thread, been through a lot of this shit so many times.

current "relationship"
was with a girl for about 1 year, we were together but we also kinda weren't because i knew she was going to go to new zealand for a working holiday. even so, neither of us strayed and we are literally like best friends/ have so much in common it's scary.
anyways she goes to new zealand and i tell her i don't want to do the LDR thang, she should just go and enjoy her time there and not have to worry about some guy that lives in the northern hemisphere. it's not that i didn't love her etc. i just didn't want her to not be wasting her time with me instead of experiencing life in a new country. (i've also done too many LDRs that ended in tragedy)
she starts out working on a farm and we are still in contact every day. there is a french guy there also *alarm bells* and being that he was a french guy i knew he would hit on her. he does, and then her FB is all in french saying shit like "i love you, embrace moi". keep in mind that this is 2 weeks after she left. i hit her up about it and she is like "well i was in love with you but you didn't give me anything to hold on to, and you told me i could be free". indeed i did girl, indeed i did... <<< i will take blame for this one

french guy returns back to france like 3 days later and then my line/ FB starts filling up with messages from her.
"you and me get on so well"
"i think you're hot"
"we forgot to have sex on your motorbike before i left"
etc. etc.

i figured that new country/ experiences had just given her some rose-coloured glasses and now that frenchy was out of the picture she realized how well we do get on. she (still) messages me everyday talking about the future n'shit and says she wants to meet up again so we can talk this out face to face...

"just don't come and see me in sept. cuz i'm going to france to work out where me and him are at ^^ ..."
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

whu? yeah, um ok...
she still texts me like crazy because we have so much in common/ i get her/ she needs help and/ or emotional support. i'm 34, she's 25 ... frenchy is 23.
this story looks pretty stupid on paper/ screen. i should probably just cut my losses, and i would ... if we didn't totally get on like a house on fire/ have the same view/ outlook on almost everything.

*sighs*

fucking relationships...
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 06:02:04 AM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Merked

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -157
« Reply #158 on: August 06, 2013, 06:41:10 AM »
I mean, I love her. I really do. She's great. She's always there for me, even when I don't deserve it. I don't know. It's just something I think about sometimes. I guess I'll just have to see how it all pans out. Plus, if I did end it I feel like I wouldn't want to experiment with anyone else because I would feel so bad. Sticky situation, man.

"Playing the feild" isn't all its cracked up to be in my opinion.  Got out of a 4 yr relationship and I have been doing alright with the getting laid aspect of life, but I am starting to miss a relationship.  I know as a 19yr old I just wanted to get my count up and experience a slew of women, but just so you know, it does get old.  No connection with these hook ups.  My dick gets wet and then I miss the girl that actually meant something to me.  This is all personal preference though.  Do whatever you think is right, just wanted to put in my two sense.   :D
I suck at SLAP.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #159 on: August 06, 2013, 07:20:45 AM »

current "relationship"
was with a girl for about 1 year, we were together but we also kinda weren't because i knew she was going to go to new zealand for a working holiday. even so, neither of us strayed and we are literally like best friends/ have so much in common it's scary.
anyways she goes to new zealand and i tell her i don't want to do the LDR thang, she should just go and enjoy her time there and not have to worry about some guy that lives in the northern hemisphere. it's not that i didn't love her etc. i just didn't want her to not be wasting her time with me instead of experiencing life in a new country. (i've also done too many LDRs that ended in tragedy)
she starts out working on a farm and we are still in contact every day. there is a french guy there also *alarm bells* and being that he was a french guy i knew he would hit on her. he does, and then her FB is all in french saying shit like "i love you, embrace moi". keep in mind that this is 2 weeks after she left. i hit her up about it and she is like "well i was in love with you but you didn't give me anything to hold on to, and you told me i could be free". indeed i did girl, indeed i did... <<< i will take blame for this one

french guy returns back to france like 3 days later and then my line/ FB starts filling up with messages from her.
"i think you're hot"
etc. etc.

i figured that new country/ experiences had just given her some rose-coloured glasses and now that frenchy was out of the picture she realized how well we do get on. she (still) messages me everyday talking about the future n'shit and says she wants to meet up again so we can talk this out face to face...

"just don't come and see me in sept. cuz i'm going to france to work out where me and him are at ^^ ..."

whu? yeah, um ok...
she still texts me like crazy because we have so much in common/ i get her/ she needs help and/ or emotional support. i'm 34, she's 25 ... frenchy is 23.
this story looks pretty stupid on paper/ screen. i should probably just cut my losses, and i would ... if we didn't totally get on like a house on fire/ have the same view/ outlook on almost everything.

*sighs*

fucking relationships...

you are gettin played, son.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #160 on: August 06, 2013, 07:33:05 AM »
Expand Quote
How old are you and how old is she?� Any girl under 27 I would not expect anything serious from, regardless of whatever they tell you.�
[close]
She's 19. I'm almost 19. I dunno. I wish I was more hopeful, but I don't know how it'll turn out. Probably not well, but who knows when that'll be.

youre both 19, a lot is going to happen before either of you is going to be ready for anything thats actually serious. my advice is do what you want to do, and if thats playing the field, go for it. but if you say you really love this girl, think about what it would be like to lose her for good and if youre ok with it. nobody wants to be anyones back up plan, especially if youre going to break up with her to date other girls. my first girlfriend did that to me, broke up with me because she said she wanted freedom and didnt want to be tied down in a serious relationship. basically she had turned 21, started going to the gym and taking better care of herself, got a lot prettier, and could go out and have guys buy her drinks all night and she liked that attention. theres not really anything wrong with that, everyone should do what is going to make them happy, but when youre on the other end like i was, its impossible not to have hurt feelings and bitterness toward that person. it really sucks to have someone you care about tell you that they still want to be your friend, but they want to fuck other people without hurting your feelings. its been a few years since her and i broke up, and i dont feel bad about it anymore, but i dont talk to her. i dont have any hatred or resent for her, but i really dont care if i see her or talk to her in the future, so just keep in mind that this could happen between the two of you. even if you tell her you care about her and want to remain friends or whatever, its not as easy as it sounds.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #161 on: August 06, 2013, 07:43:36 AM »
Expand Quote

current "relationship"

"i think you're hot"
etc. etc.

whu? yeah, um ok...

*sighs*

fucking relationships...
[close]

this situation sucks dude. but you said it yourself, cut your losses and move on. you dont want to waste your time with a girl who likes having you around, but only for the times when she doesnt have her new french guy. a friend of mine tried to hold on to his girlfriend while she was away at college and he knew she was seeing someone else. basically anytime she needed anyone or if she was upset about something she would call my buddy and he would drop whatever he was doing and drive out and see her, but he was totally getting played. it just seems like too much of a headache.

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #162 on: August 06, 2013, 08:24:58 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Was the virginity taking the event that actually led to you coming out of the closet or did it just happen to coincide with it?
A little bit of both, I was seeing a guy at the time too behind closed doors. Just afraid to admit anything and this girl apparently had a thing for me and I still wanted to put out that masculine over the top get laid kind of vibe. I felt terrible about it but I can't stay I regret it because I kind of realized mid sex that I really just wasn't into it at all.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #163 on: August 06, 2013, 03:05:12 PM »

you had your dick in a vajayjay; not a homo yet.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #164 on: August 08, 2013, 05:47:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
*sighs*

fucking relationships...
[close]

[close]

this situation sucks dude. but you said it yourself, cut your losses and move on. you dont want to waste your time with a girl who likes having you around, but only for the times when she doesnt have her new french guy. a friend of mine tried to hold on to his girlfriend while she was away at college and he knew she was seeing someone else.basically anytime she needed anyone or if she was upset about something she would call my buddy and he would drop whatever he was doing

^^^ me at the moment ... ugh :-\
such a shitty place to be. would be a lot easier if i hated her...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

suedecashmere

• Rep: -1
« Reply #165 on: August 08, 2013, 06:04:17 AM »
i had a relationship with this bitch sophomore year who had never been kissed but we was datin and shit so i said fuck it and tried to kiss her at school in front of everyone and she moved her head so i missed and then she said she wanted her first kiss to be "special" dafuck? we broke up later that day, fuck relationships i get money.

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 605
    • Community Push avatar image
« Reply #166 on: August 08, 2013, 11:18:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
How old are you and how old is she?� Any girl under 27 I would not expect anything serious from, regardless of whatever they tell you.�
[close]
[close]

youre both 19, a lot is going to happen before either of you is going to be ready for anything thats actually serious. my advice is do what you want to do, and if thats playing the field, go for it. but if you say you really love this girl, think about what it would be like to lose her for good and if youre ok with it. nobody wants to be anyones back up plan, especially if youre going to break up with her to date other girls. my first girlfriend did that to me, broke up with me because she said she wanted freedom and didnt want to be tied down in a serious relationship. basically she had turned 21, started going to the gym and taking better care of herself, got a lot prettier, and could go out and have guys buy her drinks all night and she liked that attention. theres not really anything wrong with that, everyone should do what is going to make them happy, but when youre on the other end like i was, its impossible not to have hurt feelings and bitterness toward that person. it really sucks to have someone you care about tell you that they still want to be your friend, but they want to fuck other people without hurting your feelings. its been a few years since her and i broke up, and i dont feel bad about it anymore, but i dont talk to her. i dont have any hatred or resent for her, but i really dont care if i see her or talk to her in the future, so just keep in mind that this could happen between the two of you. even if you tell her you care about her and want to remain friends or whatever, its not as easy as it sounds.
[close]
Wow, I'm getting truly useful advice from Slap... No offense. I just think about what it could be like if I left her, but then I think of it realistically and realize it would probably suck to the extreme. I'm just gonna go with it and what happens happens. Thanks guys.

Trust your own feelings. For reference sake, I'm about 5 months out of getting dumped for my ex's need to be free. I think it's reasonable for a young long-term couple to take a break to get an idea of who they are, and I tried to convince myself of this in the early months, but if I'm going to be perfectly honest, the answer is I'm quite comfortable with who I am, I was happy and I wasn't ready for it to end, and I really just hope my ex gets ebola. I'm not going to pretend like there were points where I thought it would be cool to have sex with other women but I never had the desire to pursue that in the slightest. In the time since then, where I have had sex with other women, I'm still confident that I preferred the relationship over sex. This isn't to say that I don't see the possibility of a better relationship in the future, or that you won't feel better being detached, but don't expect a clean break.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2519
« Reply #167 on: August 08, 2013, 02:31:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

current "relationship"

"i think you're hot"
etc. etc.

whu? yeah, um ok...

*sighs*

fucking relationships...
[close]

[close]

this situation sucks dude. but you said it yourself, cut your losses and move on. you dont want to waste your time with a girl who likes having you around, but only for the times when she doesnt have her new french guy. a friend of mine tried to hold on to his girlfriend while she was away at college and he knew she was seeing someone else. basically anytime she needed anyone or if she was upset about something she would call my buddy and he would drop whatever he was doing and drive out and see her, but he was totally getting played. it just seems like too much of a headache.

Seriously, this is straightforward. Just move on. As hard as it may seem now, you'll be happy you did.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1700
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #168 on: August 08, 2013, 03:12:46 PM »
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Greg Road

« Reply #169 on: August 11, 2013, 05:10:41 PM »
date someone closer to your age ... no more bullshit.

neko

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #170 on: August 12, 2013, 08:52:18 AM »

To a point...though my girl right now is 7 yrs younger than me and easily the most mature girl I've ever dated. She doesn't "act her age" at all. Totally depends on the person.

Granted, this is much more applicable when you're in your 30s and even "much younger" means mid-late 20s.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1434
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #171 on: August 12, 2013, 11:13:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

To a point...though my girl right now is 7 yrs younger than me and easily the most mature girl I've ever dated. She doesn't "act her age" at all. Totally depends on the person.

Granted, this is much more applicable when you're in your 30s and even "much younger" means mid-late 20s.

don't want to bum you out, but my ex was the same. six years younger but sometimes i felt super juvenile compared to her, like i was the one partying a lot and all while she was studying hard all the time. when we seperated we were basically at the opposite end. i was working my ass off to the point where i didn't want to go out anymore because i was burnt out, while she suddenly started to party a lot. that i lost any interest in doing anything with her besides chilling at home was surely one reason she got bored with me in the end.

i remember that when i was her age, i was going through these phases, too. you are just 20 but you want to be taken seriously so you start to act more adult, after a few years it gets boring, you're thinking "wtf, i'm young, i should get wasted while i still can.".

that doesn't mean this will happen to you, tho. just saying that younger girls might make mature partners, but be prepared to eventually get dumped like you just were the summer boyfriend of a 16 year old.

neko

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #172 on: August 12, 2013, 11:37:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

don't want to bum you out, but my ex was the same. six years younger but sometimes i felt super juvenile compared to her, like i was the one partying a lot and all while she was studying hard all the time. when we seperated we were basically at the opposite end. i was working my ass off to the point where i didn't want to go out anymore because i was burnt out, while she suddenly started to party a lot. that i lost any interest in doing anything with her besides chilling at home was surely one reason she got bored with me in the end.

i remember that when i was her age, i was going through these phases, too. you are just 20 but you want to be taken seriously so you start to act more adult, after a few years it gets boring, you're thinking "wtf, i'm young, i should get wasted while i still can.".

that doesn't mean this will happen to you, tho. just saying that younger girls might make mature partners, but be prepared to eventually get dumped like you just were the summer boyfriend of a 16 year old.

Nah, it's nothing like that. She'd never do anything to make me feel juvenile or shitty or anything. We're like the same age...almost like the same person. Completely on the same page about almost everything, though we argue (ahem, "discuss") silly nerdy things all the time, like grammar and such. I've dated girls like you're describing, but this is more like she figured out her shit way before I did, and now we're on the same level.

Actually, now that I think about it, my last major Ex was like that. Super partier, then "I gotta get my shit together" boring, then super partier, etc. We broke up over three years ago, but I went and visited her earlier this year. It's still the exact same. Some people are just like that. My girl now is just the raddest. If we ever break up, it'll likely be the most mature breakup ever, haha.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1434
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #173 on: August 13, 2013, 05:34:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Nah, it's nothing like that. She'd never do anything to make me feel juvenile or shitty or anything. We're like the same age...almost like the same person. Completely on the same page about almost everything, though we argue (ahem, "discuss") silly nerdy things all the time, like grammar and such. I've dated girls like you're describing, but this is more like she figured out her shit way before I did, and now we're on the same level.

Actually, now that I think about it, my last major Ex was like that. Super partier, then "I gotta get my shit together" boring, then super partier, etc. We broke up over three years ago, but I went and visited her earlier this year. It's still the exact same. Some people are just like that. My girl now is just the raddest. If we ever break up, it'll likely be the most mature breakup ever, haha.

yeah, well... you know just a year ago i would have said the same about my ex and wouldn't have thought she is one of "those girls". i'm just saying don't expect a possible break up to be an easy one just because you think you're on the same page about that stuff.

sorry if i come off really negative, but i basically got burnt by a girl i would have just described like your girlfriend, i put almost three years of my life into making it work because as silly as it sounds, i thought we had a future. if i had known how easy it was for her to seperate herself from me i probably wouldn't have entered this relationship in the first place. while i was in mad love with her, i obiously was just good enough for her. the only time we spoke on the phone after the break up she even said she'd never thought we be that long together.

it's baffling to me how one can be in relationship with someone for over two years because it's basically just nice enough and that there seems to be no better option atm. i'm just saying that especially younger chicks are pretty much unpredictable and a smooth working, yet emotionally intense relationship doesn't necessarily end with a break up that works out acceptable for both parties. still, i hope you're right on your girl and you have many good years ahead of you.

neko

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #174 on: August 13, 2013, 08:10:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

yeah, well... you know just a year ago i would have said the same about my ex and wouldn't have thought she is one of "those girls". i'm just saying don't expect a possible break up to be an easy one just because you think you're on the same page about that stuff.

sorry if i come off really negative, but i basically got burnt by a girl i would have just described like your girlfriend, i put almost three years of my life into making it work because as silly as it sounds, i thought we had a future. if i had known how easy it was for her to seperate herself from me i probably wouldn't have entered this relationship in the first place. while i was in mad love with her, i obiously was just good enough for her. the only time we spoke on the phone after the break up she even said she'd never thought we be that long together.

it's baffling to me how one can be in relationship with someone for over two years because it's basically just nice enough and that there seems to be no better option atm. i'm just saying that especially younger chicks are pretty much unpredictable and a smooth working, yet emotionally intense relationship doesn't necessarily end with a break up that works out acceptable for both parties. still, i hope you're right on your girl and you have many good years ahead of you.

It's cool man, I've been fucked over a number of times before too. I understand that burnt feeling well...still kinda getting over one of them, but concentrating on my new girl and ignoring the old one helps. Helps to convince myself to hate the old one, too (sucks, but helps).

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #175 on: August 13, 2013, 11:16:55 AM »
You guys need to dig up Dallas' thread on getting women. Ya'll some sorry mother fuckers.

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #176 on: August 13, 2013, 01:08:50 PM »
WOW some of you fools need to watch a bunch of pimping documentary's like i did and figure out how to control a bitches mind. they will neva leave you.

swear to god i can tell what my bitch is thinking without her even telling me

Mundungus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • ∆∆∆
« Reply #177 on: August 13, 2013, 01:14:39 PM »
WOW some of you fools need to watch a bunch of pimping documentary's like i did and figure out how to control a bitches mind. they will neva leave you.

swear to god i can tell what my bitch is thinking without her even telling me
You guys need to dig up Dallas' thread on getting women. Ya'll some sorry mother fuckers.

I can't tell which advice I should follow. Does anyone have a 3rd opinion on how we can all stop being such sorry fools

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #178 on: August 13, 2013, 03:03:16 PM »
im dead serious.

watch pimps up ho's down and keeping searching, dont focus on the actual pimpin n taking money part n shit but more of understand the girls why of thinking and train of thought.

being around a girl for so long you i dont understand how you cant be ahead of there thinking patterns and how they will react in certain situations.

at the end of the day its all a game.... you gotta play her more than she gotta play you ( my mom and grandma told me that at as a youngin)

_aminal

• Rep: -8
  • win some, lose most.
« Reply #179 on: August 13, 2013, 05:20:59 PM »
im dead serious.

watch pimps up ho's down and keeping searching, dont focus on the actual pimpin n taking money part n shit but more of understand the girls why of thinking and train of thought.

being around a girl for so long you i dont understand how you cant be ahead of there thinking patterns and how they will react in certain situations.

at the end of the day its all a game.... you gotta play her more than she gotta play you ( my mom and grandma told me that at as a youngin)

always have the upper hand

or back of the hand

Ed's impossibles are like gonzs kickflips....