12 (10.4%)
Pretty intelligible
22 (19.1%)
What???
37 (32.2%)
Corey Duffel
44 (38.3%)

Total Members Voted: 101

Author Topic: How stupid is the average slapper?  (Read 32731 times)

360 frip

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
How stupid is the average slapper?
« on: June 27, 2013, 09:03:28 AM »
I know this is a great place to come and be regular, but...

I think we might be hitting the lower levels. :'(
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
Re: How stupid is the average slapper?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 09:05:33 AM »
I thought you were at least going to a link a quiz or ask us a question.  Thanks for nothing asshole. 

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 09:16:13 AM »
Generally I am a fucking idiot but if you catch me in the 2 minutes post-coitus I could explain quantum mechanics if I had to.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 09:27:11 AM »
Pretty fucking stupid.� I mean look at this jackass who thinks Spitfire and Bones are deck companies:

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
you've been lapping it up for ten years so
[close]

Have you skated their wheels? Probably not more than once.

[close]

You shouldn't be skating board companies wheels in the first place.
[close]

Like Spitfire (Deluxe) and Bones (Powell)?

You shouldn't be missing the point entirely, but hey, I can't help you being a fucktard.
[close]

Yep, you missed 90% of the context there (which wasn't quoted) and still completely missed my point.

"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 09:31:06 AM »
What???

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 09:32:20 AM »
Generally I am a fucking idiot but if you catch me in the 2 minutes post-coitus I could explain quantum mechanics if I had to.
Next time you've fucked, post up!

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2013, 09:36:32 AM »
I thought you were at least going to a link a quiz or ask us a question.  Thanks for nothing asshole. 

Hey, I'm not a brain surgeon. Just click "What???" like the rest of us.

sdscanz

• Rep: -3
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2013, 10:05:08 AM »
im smart enough to know this is a stupid thread.

Cameron Hoegee

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2013, 10:16:03 AM »
im smart enough to know this is a stupid thread.

my pregnant head

• Rep: 13
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2013, 10:18:42 AM »
You'd have to be pretty thick to buy into the idea that the gipper is some kind of genius.

jerrys_kids

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2013, 10:18:53 AM »
In all seriousness though I am curious about what pals have a college degree and what the degree is in?

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2013, 10:21:59 AM »
I don't understand the measuring criteria but maybe that's because I'm a "Corey Duffel"

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2013, 10:36:21 AM »
There are a lot of good people here, but the majority here are numbnutted assholes and a great representation of skateboarders on the whole.

I get a kick out of two distinct groups...the lemmings and the cool guys. Lemmings will generally 'back' anything that a worthless asshole like Jason Dill puts out. If a certain pro's name is attached, it's backed. Even though said pro is a pile of garbage. Sheep.

The cool guys will usually chime in with something completely off topic, irrelevant and/or nonsensical whenever the conversation gets too heavy about the business side of skateboarding. As if to remind everyone how lame they are for talking about the $$$ side of skateboarding. They generally hate Nike, Adidas, Converse, etc...when their 'core' brands are doing the exact same thing - in principle - as the evil empires. Then, they wonder why skateboarders get taken advantage of in big business. It's for that exact reason...because their feeble little minds can't understand that even their biggest heroes are making money from skateboarding. They can barely manage their own checking account so they can't possibly feel comfortable talking about the role of money in skateboarding.

Merked

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -157
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2013, 10:49:23 AM »
I'm a fucking genius bitch.

I suck at SLAP.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2013, 10:56:54 AM »
There are a lot of good people here, but the majority here are numbnutted assholes and a great representation of skateboarders on the whole.

I get a kick out of two distinct groups...the lemmings and the cool guys. Lemmings will generally 'back' anything that a worthless asshole like Jason Dill puts out. If a certain pro's name is attached, it's backed. Even though said pro is a pile of garbage. Sheep.

The cool guys will usually chime in with something completely off topic, irrelevant and/or nonsensical whenever the conversation gets too heavy about the business side of skateboarding. As if to remind everyone how lame they are for talking about the $$$ side of skateboarding. They generally hate Nike, Adidas, Converse, etc...when their 'core' brands are doing the exact same thing - in principle - as the evil empires. Then, they wonder why skateboarders get taken advantage of in big business. It's for that exact reason...because their feeble little minds can't understand that even their biggest heroes are making money from skateboarding. They can barely manage their own checking account so they can't possibly feel comfortable talking about the role of money in skateboarding.

so what is your degree in?

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2013, 11:02:46 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Psychology from Columbia University. I work with at risk youth in Philly.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 720
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2013, 11:15:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Pretty fucking stupid.� I mean look at this jackass who thinks Spitfire and Bones are deck companies:

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
you've been lapping it up for ten years so
[close]

Have you skated their wheels? Probably not more than once.

[close]

You shouldn't be skating board companies wheels in the first place.
[close]

Like Spitfire (Deluxe) and Bones (Powell)?

You shouldn't be missing the point entirely, but hey, I can't help you being a fucktard.
[close]
[close]

Yep, you missed 90% of the context there (which wasn't quoted) and still completely missed my point.

[close]

Feel free to explain the context.  You'd actually be hitting two birds with one stone.  You'd be getting your explanation out and further showing the stupidity of the average slapper.  According to your quote you also imply that you think DLX is a board company.
I have no idea what the fuck this is about and I'm pretty smrt. I totally tested out of high school a year early.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

GeorgeHanson

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2013, 11:24:43 AM »
I'M REALLY GOOD AT IRONING AND MY MUM SAYS THAT THERE AER DIFFERENT KINDS OF INTELLIGENCE SO FUCK YOU.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3328
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2013, 11:25:35 AM »
I'm goddamn mensa, but then I'm not yer average slapper. *wink, wink...makes blowjob sign with tongue...runs toward chair and then jumps on it and knocks it back while riding it and has arms stretched out to both sides with fingers extended...then pretends to fall down in a heap and starts to roll towards stage left, locking eyes with everyone in the audience...next, jumps straight up and yells, "WOW!"...upon landing shoots hands straight out to the sides, brings them forward with a loud clap, sticks hips out to the right, purses lips...finally a jazzy cymbal beat (tssssss-ts-ts-tsssssss-ts-ts-tttsssss) gets me movin' and exit stage right...CURTAIN!*

SkateViolence

• Rep: 9
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2013, 11:27:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

That's rad! I have a sociology degree from the University of Maryland. I'm about to start a job as a case manager at a transitional housing program.

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • "I will not skateboard in the halls"
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2013, 11:28:42 AM »
Well I don't know someone just started a topic asking if Brian Anderson was gay...

Sandy Eggo

• Rep: 31
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2013, 12:23:23 PM »
Some people here actually buy Royal trucks. You tell me how stupid folks here are

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2013, 12:26:16 PM »
I'm goddamn mensa, but then I'm not yer average slapper. *wink, wink...makes blowjob sign with tongue...runs toward chair and then jumps on it and knocks it back while riding it and has arms stretched out to both sides with fingers extended...then pretends to fall down in a heap and starts to roll towards stage left, locking eyes with everyone in the audience...next, jumps straight up and yells, "WOW!"...upon landing shoots hands straight out to the sides, brings them forward with a loud clap, sticks hips out to the right, purses lips...finally a jazzy cymbal beat (tssssss-ts-ts-tsssssss-ts-ts-tttsssss) gets me movin' and exit stage right...CURTAIN!*

You are going to have to dumb that down a little for us blithering idiots, how's this...

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3328
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2013, 12:31:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You are going to have to dumb that down a little for us blithering idiots, how's this...

OMGTHATSME!!!

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2013, 12:31:50 PM »
I would classify myself as a "delicate Genius"

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2013, 12:43:51 PM »
In all seriousness though I am curious about what pals have a college degree and what the degree is in?

I have a bachelor's degree in nursing and and plan to continue my studies to become a CRNA (Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist).

EDIT:  I believe Rocuronium is a pediatrician.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 12:53:15 PM by Dark Knight »

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2013, 12:54:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I have a bachelor's degree in nursing and and plan to continue my studies to become a CRNA (Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist).

EDIT:  I believe Rocuronium is a pediatrician.
Wife is about to get her MSN. Nursing is no joke. Digging impacted feces for 24 bucks an hour.

SkateViolence

• Rep: 9
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2013, 01:14:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

That's rad! I have a sociology degree from the University of Maryland. I'm about to start a job as a case manager at a transitional housing program.
[close]

I'm a year out from a psych degree at the University of Missouri at Kansas City.  I want to do art therapy for people with PTSD.  Apparently I'd be better off going for a Master's, but I think I might find a job first and then look at getting my Master's of Social Work in a year or two.

From what I've been told by friends that have MSW's (and graduate degrees in general), it is a good idea to work for a few years before going back to school. It makes sense. You gain experience and knowledge that people who go straight for their Master's don't get.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1482
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2013, 01:15:09 PM »
Bachelor's degree in English minor in Japanese (really five credits away from being a second bachelor's degree, but didn't finish because I was getting divorced at the time and it's really a hobby).  Both from one of the top ten party schools in the USA, University of Georgia in Athens.

Totally fucking useless but great for posting mindless shit here.

Mundungus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • ∆∆∆
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2013, 01:15:58 PM »
Bachelor's degree in English minor in Japanese (really five credits away from being a second bachelor's degree, but didn't finish because I was getting divorced at the time and it's really a hobby).  Both from one of the top ten party schools in the USA, University of Georgia in Athens.

Totally fucking useless but great for posting mindless shit here.

When did you graduate?