Author Topic: 3D skate  (Read 16722 times)

HarriSpencer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -4
Re: 3D skate
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2013, 08:26:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Bert Wootton on 3D please
[close]

This and if the Yaje rumor is true, im backing it.

Both Please

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2013, 08:30:44 AM »
I don't know why I'm choosing to say this here but...

It's too soon to say I'm not a fan of 3D - in fact I probably will be - but the name doesn't strike me so much. However, I'm really glad BA is actually taken the given opportunity to try and start something new. The industry seems to be in a weird place where there's lots of well known talent out there that could be easily marketed yet remain unsponsored thus it would be easy to pick up new riders. There's also plenty of pro's who are seemingly unhappy with lots of their current sponsors that could come together or be picked up. Obviously where the difficult part lies is in funding and backing coupled with ambition but it seems like BA is actually going correct with all his efforts where I think a lot of the recent birth of companies fizzled out like a fuse already.

Good post. Whether or not 3D has any long term success remains to be seen, but I do believe BA will run things the right way. He's a savvy guy when it comes to the business side of skateboarding and understands how the industry works. He's been around long enough to know what pitfalls to avoid.

As for Gillette, hopefully he finds whatever success he's looking for. He never seemed happy on Habitat. The weird comments about Silas after Origin dropped, and the fixation on Suciu 'being better than anyone on Habitat'. I guess he feels 3D will be able to put more effort into him personally since it's only 3 dudes, instead of having to share the spotlight. It's been an interesting image morph over the years to see him go from Termite to Dylan Reider-lite.

my pregnant head

• Rep: 13
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2013, 09:13:35 AM »
This is shaping up to be sick. Can't wait to see what the graphics are going to be like/ Who is going to be doing the filming/editing etc etc

3D is kind of taking the wind of Fucking Awesome's sails considering it looks to be ten thousand times cooler and it's all being announced at the same time. Not that it's a competition or anything...just sayin'...

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2013, 09:32:57 AM »
3D is kind of taking the wind of Fucking Awesome's sails considering it looks to be ten thousand times cooler and it's all being announced at the same time. Not that it's a competition or anything...just sayin'...

A: thats assuming fucking awesome had wind in their sails to begin with.  it seemed like the novelty died simultaneously with the 'announcement.' I'd wager that 3d will be the dominant brand of the two.  
B: people were talking like this when ishod and theotis were both riding the same trajectory,  there very well could be space for both in the industry. the similarities may be just be on a superficial level.

on a tertiary aside;  I'll be  interested to see what existing brand gets a chunk taken out of their market share becasue of these brands.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2013, 09:33:13 AM »
Expand Quote

It's too soon to say I'm not a fan of 3D - in fact I probably will be - but the name doesn't strike me so much. However, I'm really glad BA is actually taken the given opportunity to try and start something new. The industry seems to be in a weird place where there's lots of well known talent out there that could be easily marketed yet remain unsponsored thus it would be easy to pick up new riders. There's also plenty of pro's who are seemingly unhappy with lots of their current sponsors that could come together or be picked up. Obviously where the difficult part lies is in funding and backing coupled with ambition but it seems like BA is actually going correct with all his efforts where I think a lot of the recent birth of companies fizzled out like a fuse already.
[close]

Good post. Whether or not 3D has any long term success remains to be seen
, but I do believe BA will run things the right way. He's a savvy guy when it comes to the business side of skateboarding and understands how the industry works. He's been around long enough to know what pitfalls to avoid.

As for Gillette, hopefully he finds whatever success he's looking for. He never seemed happy on Habitat. The weird comments about Silas after Origin dropped, and the fixation on Suciu 'being better than anyone on Habitat'. I guess he feels 3D will be able to put more effort into him personally since it's only 3 dudes, instead of having to share the spotlight. It's been an interesting image morph over the years to see him go from Termite to Dylan Reider-lite.

The company was announced a few weeks ago, the team yesterday, and nothing has shipped yet. How does their success remain to be seen? The idea has barely been seen because it's brand new.

heritage

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2013, 09:34:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

, but I do believe BA will run things the right way. He's a savvy guy when it comes to the business side of skateboarding and understands how the industry works. He's been around long enough to know what pitfalls to avoid.

[close]

The company was announced a few weeks ago, the team yesterday, and nothing has shipped yet. How does their success remain to be seen? The idea has barely been seen because it's brand new.

Hey dummy, you just answered your own question. For fucks sake.

Shit_for_brains. Apropos screen name.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2013, 09:56:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Hey dummy, you just answered your own question. For fucks sake.

Shit_for_brains. Apropos screen name.

I mean fucking of course it remains to be seen because nothing has been seen yet. Long term success? There hasn't been any short term anything. You're trying to sound like you have the inside track on things that don't exist. Also, suck my dick.

Edit because I a word and also how good my dinner will be is a waiting game. It's coming down to the wire and only god knows. Only time will tell what it's like when I turn it into poop. I'm smart and proud of myself.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 10:03:07 AM by shit_for_brains »

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2013, 10:01:51 AM »
What were the comments about Silas, that heritage referred to?

heritage

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2013, 10:12:05 AM »

I'll do some digging around here because I know someone posted them, but after Origin dropped Austyn gave an interview was saying that he doesn't like skating with Silas because Silas is miserable and he (Austyn) doesn't consider himself a miserable person. He also said something to the effect of it pisses him off when Silas lands a trick because he doesn't even "look like he should be able to push". He tried to back off the comments but it seemed like a really strange thing to say, even in jest.

ericw

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2013, 10:14:40 AM »
Olson Ba and Gillete
3D=3 Dudes=Olson, BA & Gillete. They can't add anymore people to the team without changing the name...

heritage

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2013, 10:26:45 AM »

Here is the thread: http://www.slapmagazine.com/component/option,com_jfusion/Itemid,4/index.php?topic=47863.msg1296030#msg1296030

Austyn Gillette:
Daryl got on basically because Stefan and I don?t want to talk about that situation. No one is getting harshed to get on anymore. It?s easy nowadays.

At any point during filming, did you get so frustrated watching Silas skate that you wanted to pull a Tanya Harding?
I don?t skate with Silas. I don?t get along with him too well. He?s bitter and I?m not bitter and we don?t get along together. We really don?t work well together and we?ve both accepted it.

Kerry Getz:
I didn?t know Austin and Silas are far from being BFFs.
There?s a lot going on over there. I don?t know; that?s some West Coast stuff, man. I?m so far out of all that stuff like who is fighting with who, who hates who, who is talking about who. I just stay on my side of the campfire and shut up. I just recently heard that Austyn and Daryl don?t like each other and I never knew that. Now you?re telling me Austyn and Silas don?t like each other. Someone has issues over there; just keep me out of it. It?s high school games.

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2013, 10:34:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

A: thats assuming fucking awesome had wind in their sails to begin with.  it seemed like the novelty died simultaneously with the 'announcement.' I'd wager that 3d will be the dominant brand of the two.  
B: people were talking like this when ishod and theotis were both riding the same trajectory,  there very well could be space for both in the industry. the similarities may be just be on a superficial level.

on a tertiary aside;  I'll be  interested to see what existing brand gets a chunk taken out of their market share becasue of these brands.

Someone's been to college^^^^

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2013, 10:59:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

DNA Distribution and Crailtap(Girl) Distribution

[close]

Someone's been to college^^^^

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2013, 12:14:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Here is the thread: http://www.slapmagazine.com/component/option,com_jfusion/Itemid,4/index.php?topic=47863.msg1296030#msg1296030

Expand Quote
Austyn Gillette:
Daryl got on basically because Stefan and I don?t want to talk about that situation. No one is getting harshed to get on anymore. It?s easy nowadays.

At any point during filming, did you get so frustrated watching Silas skate that you wanted to pull a Tanya Harding?
I don?t skate with Silas. I don?t get along with him too well. He?s bitter and I?m not bitter and we don?t get along together. We really don?t work well together and we?ve both accepted it.

Kerry Getz:
There?s a lot going on over there. I don?t know; that?s some West Coast stuff, man. I?m so far out of all that stuff like who is fighting with who, who hates who, who is talking about who. I just stay on my side of the campfire and shut up. I just recently heard that Austyn and Daryl don?t like each other and I never knew that. Now you?re telling me Austyn and Silas don?t like each other. Someone has issues over there; just keep me out of it. It?s high school games.
[close]

I think Daryl and Austyn got over it.  Weren't they roommates for a while?

Rumpleforeskin

« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2013, 01:40:11 PM »
Kerry Getz rules.

sdscanz

• Rep: -3
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2013, 01:42:29 PM »

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2013, 01:43:17 PM »

heritage

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2013, 01:58:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Kerry Getz rules.
[close]
[close]

Kerry still kills. Watching him last week with Habitat..

And Habitat is going to be just fine without Austyn.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 02:00:56 PM by heritage »

Tale Crab

• Rep: 350
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2013, 04:46:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Olson Ba and Gillete
[close]
3D=3 Dudes=Olson, BA & Gillete. They can't add anymore people to the team without changing the name...

They've taken it all into account. The name will work even when it's 32D.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2013, 05:05:30 PM »
This is shaping up to be sick. Can't wait to see what the graphics are going to be like/ Who is going to be doing the filming/editing etc etc

Dill and ave havnt announced anything and its been two months. Cmon already. They took the wind out of their own sails.

zoltan

« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2013, 05:59:34 PM »

the latest and greatest fucking awesomes graphic via @kevterp

« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 06:06:28 PM by zoltan »

KOOL MIKE

« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2013, 03:35:01 PM »
austyn gillette only likes white people

LESBIAN

• Rep: -2
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2013, 04:08:09 PM »
ausytn gillete is ugly

WeirdBeach

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 14
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2013, 04:59:12 PM »
Looks like Janowski is on??

Bliz

• Rep: -35
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2013, 08:04:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Still amazes me everyone cares so much.
[close]

Yo cheesedick, what did you expect people to talk about when you signed up to post on a skateboard message board?

hahahaha

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2013, 11:41:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
Austyn Gillette:

Kerry Getz:
[close]

I'm pretty sure Austyn also went on to say that Silas is an Amazing skater but that he doesn't think he tries nearly as hard as he could be trying. His laziness is what irritated Austyn. Might be slightly off but i remember that being a factor to some degree.

LESBIAN

• Rep: -2
« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2013, 11:59:09 PM »
^^^^^ i fucking doubt it

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2013, 11:59:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
Austyn Gillette:

Kerry Getz:
[close]
[close]

I'm pretty sure Austyn also went on to say that Silas is an Amazing skater but that he doesn't think he tries nearly as hard as he could be trying. His laziness is what irritated Austyn. Might be slightly off but i remember that being a factor to some degree.

It might've also been a joke that no one got, at least not on these forums. They seemed to get along just fine when I saw them a while back and I assume he wouldn't have (had?) Daryl as a roommate if he didn't think much of him.

SKATE DAD

• Rep: 5
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2013, 08:06:03 AM »

heritage

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2013, 08:10:41 AM »

Possibly the case regarding Austyn's intent, but pretty far from the truth. Silas is one of the hardest working pros in the industry who will literally try to skate any spot. 100% workaholic. Austyn could actually learn a few things.

And all those guys were super cool to skate with. Habitat dudes seem to be killing it right now with visibility. So hyped for them and the direction of the team/company.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 08:32:09 AM by heritage »