Author Topic: Emerica sizing help  (Read 8714 times)

HerbNHof

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
Emerica sizing help
« on: July 06, 2013, 06:09:53 PM »
So I'm going to buy the new Emerica Memphis, a resolution to slip-on pro's being sold out all the time, and I'm not sure what size to get them in. Sole-tech has always been weird on sizing. I'm 10.5 in Janoski's, 10.5 in the Laced, 11 in Busenitz and 10.5 in Vans "pro" shoes.
I don't know whether to get 10.5 or 11, help me please.

sweat stains

• Rep: 33
  • slap sux
    • Shady Griptape avatar image
Re: Emerica sizing help
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 07:57:34 PM »
Don't know if this will help, but I'm a 9.5 in Lakai, and a 9.5 in the G6
damn those yarys bout those squats

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 08:18:11 AM »
They're vulcanized sole-tech shoes, so they usually run a half size larger. Ex. I wear a 10 in G-codes, which are cupsole. And 9.5 in cruisers, which are vulc.

This has been my rule of thumb for all sole-tech shoes, 'es, etnies, emerica. Never wanna get those too big banana shoes!

Ripped Laces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • Dude, this is america. There are idiots everywhere
    • Ripped Laces = Shoe reviews, product reviews & more avatar image
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 08:24:19 AM »
Granted, it's a thinner shoe compared to the rest of their catalog, but Sole Tech has always been true to size for me.
I'd just go with the 10.5 if I were you...

sufodiv

• Rep: -5
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 08:29:40 AM »
Those shoes are the biggest pain in the ass to put on for some reason, if you wear a 10.5 in the laced get a 10.5. Or just another pair of laced instead haha

dbvx

• Rep: -4
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 04:16:35 PM »
i wear 10 in nike, adidas, lakai. but when it comes to vans and emerica shoes i go half size down. been skating the emerica laced in 9.5 and its been fine. recently got the reynolds new shoe and was debating which size to get. glad i got 9.5. 10 would have been loose on my feet

HoudiniXLogic

• Rep: -17
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 07:37:28 PM »
Size 10 in Fallen and DC, Size 9 in Emericas (Hsu 1's and Reynolds 3) Never tried Nike, Addidas, or Cons.

Anyways,

DeputyDoses

• Rep: 4
  • I look like Mel Gibson
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 07:48:10 PM »
Definitely stay at a 10.5, they'll stretch. If you go up to an 11, you'll run the risk of having your slip-ons slipping off! And that's just a terrible, terrible thing.

Plus, comment on the durability of them when you skate them. I'm rather interested in trying out a pair myself.

jerrys_kids

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2013, 10:21:48 PM »
idk how thin they are, but I wear a 10.5 in laced and a 10 in wino. Hope that helps.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1295
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2013, 10:50:55 PM »
I had the troubadour shoe which looks like the same sole as the memphis i think. definitely get a half size down.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2013, 06:33:22 AM »
I had the troubadour shoe which looks like the same sole as the memphis i think. definitely get a half size down.
What's your feedback on the troubadour?

Also I'm 9.5 on Nike dunks and 9 on Blazers or lakai Marcs, back in the days I used to get 9.5 for Emericas cup like the Tilt, should I go 9 or 9.5 for the new Reynolds??

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1295
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2013, 09:41:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
What's your feedback on the troubadour?

Also I'm 9.5 on Nike dunks and 9 on Blazers or lakai Marcs, back in the days I used to get 9.5 for Emericas cup like the Tilt, should I go 9 or 9.5 for the new Reynolds??
It was okay...the laces ripped every session which was really annoying. If you like thin mid tops with a chukka boot shape and can get it on sale I would recommend it. But if you can spend a little extra dough on emericas, I would go with g6 or reynolds tbh.

HerbNHof

• Rep: -3
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2013, 12:15:50 AM »
Definitely stay at a 10.5, they'll stretch. If you go up to an 11, you'll run the risk of having your slip-ons slipping off! And that's just a terrible, terrible thing.

Plus, comment on the durability of them when you skate them. I'm rather interested in trying out a pair myself.

I got them in 10.5, seemed best.
I will definitely do that, I might even write a WearTested-esque review.

DeputyDoses

• Rep: 4
  • I look like Mel Gibson
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2013, 01:29:16 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I got them in 10.5, seemed best.
I will definitely do that, I might even write a WearTested-esque review.
Hell yeah! We'll all be waiting.