Author Topic: Froce Feeding In Guant?namo Bay  (Read 1982 times)

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
Re: Froce Feeding In Guant?namo Bay
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 08:51:54 PM »
fuck was that disturbing. i don't get why they don't let people fast in prisons.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

jerrys_kids

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 08:57:44 PM »
fuck was that disturbing. i don't get why they don't let people fast in prisons.

If I had to guess I would say that it has something to do with breaking someones will, especially is a place like Guantanamo bay.

oyolar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 05:33:02 AM »
Because they don't want to be accused of starving someone.  They force feed people in (non secret) prisons and mental hospitals too.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 12:17:35 PM »
And sometimes it's used as a form of protest:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Sands

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

ohhyess

• Rep: -43
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 12:47:02 PM »
got some homies in the army who have been stationed at GTMO. apparently a good day was when you didn't get feces thrown on you.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2013, 12:51:28 PM »
Yeah, well being locked in a cage tends to bring out the worst in people.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Yu Dum

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2013, 01:17:17 PM »
Yeah, well being locked in a cage tends to bring out the worst in people.
Good ole Gitmo. Come for the sun, stay for the force feedings.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2013, 02:32:05 PM »

Also they don't want prisoners to die willingly. Feed them so they can serve their punishment.

And did Mos just do this to show how horrid Guantanamo Bay is?
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2013, 02:43:03 PM »
one two three, it's kinda dangerous to be an MC
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1602
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2013, 04:48:08 PM »
Keeping individuals indefinitely without due trial is offensive and I understand the reasoning these men have in instituting a hunger strike. However, I feel that this video dramatized the procedure.  Why would they strap someone down and let them writhe around, thereby making the procedure that much more difficult and a risk?  putting a tube up your nose isn't that gnar. 
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Jackie Joyner Kersee

• Rep: 13
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2013, 07:32:42 PM »
mos def, hardest rapper with autism

foureyedjim

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2013, 07:50:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Also they don't want prisoners to die willingly. Feed them so they can serve their punishment.

You mean what's his motivation to make the video?
If that's the case, who knows
maybe it's for publicity, maybe it's so he feels good about himself, maybe he actually cares, maybe it's a little bit of all three

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2013, 09:30:12 PM »
Well, makes me like Mos Def more for volunteering to do that.

In other news, Goddamn the U.S.A. has been fucking UP. Snowden, bugging embassies, and this being brought to light among a slew of numerous other fuck ups.

jerrys_kids

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2013, 11:13:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm pretty sure its because he is Muslim and part of the prison is on strike because of Ramadan.

JABRONI

• Rep: 43
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2013, 11:43:47 AM »
Interesting photos I came across after watching that video

http://www.businessinsider.com/intimate-photos-of-guantanamo-bay-prison-2013-3?op=1
Ah, greetings, greetings, and salutations. I beg your forgiveness. My tardiness was unavoidable. Rava, my love. Elaine, my dear friend.. And you must be Jerry. Lord of the manor. Ah, my liege. A pleasure to serve you.

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2013, 03:39:53 PM »
Well, makes me like Mos Def more for volunteering to do that.

In other news, Goddamn the U.S.A. has been fucking UP. Snowden, bugging embassies, and this being brought to light among a slew of numerous other fuck ups.

It's a shame to be tarnishing such a perfect record.  Or maybe not...

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2013, 04:54:04 PM »
Well, to be fair, every country has their past, every person has their secrets, and no war was ever fought strictly for humanitarian reasons. Pull up Russia's past, China's, Great Britain, etc... and you're sure to find plenty of skeletons in the closet. What I mean is that recently the United States has been found with their pants down and even if they're not the only one doing these sorts of things it's akin to the slowest runner getting caught by the cops while everyone else keeps running.

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2013, 05:10:21 PM »
I wasn't  trying to call you out on anything just trying to make the point that Gitmo is a modern example of an old problem where "a higher purpose" or some shit is used as an excuse to do some pretty heinous shit to people.  I am not sure of too many countries that are innocent but the U.S. definitely is a lot more guilty than most 'Muricans like to believe.

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2013, 05:24:55 PM »
Oh yeah, I definitely wasn't trying to downplay any atrocities or defend any country on said actions it's just that the State's are in the limelight of it for modern times at the moment.

jerrys_kids

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2013, 07:49:52 PM »
I wasn't  trying to call you out on anything just trying to make the point that Gitmo is a modern example of an old problem where "a higher purpose" or some shit is used as an excuse to do some pretty heinous shit to people.  I am not sure of too many countries that are innocent but the U.S. definitely is a lot more guilty than most 'Muricans like to believe.

Yea but Idk if this is the same thing really. I mean will the population look back 80 years from now and think "man we really did those guys wrong". Personally I don't think so, people don't really seems upset about imprisonment without trial at all.

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2013, 02:02:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yea but Idk if this is the same thing really. I mean will the population look back 80 years from now and think "man we really did those guys wrong". Personally I don't think so, people don't really seems upset about imprisonment without trial at all.

That's what's so fucked up about it. The fact that Americans are unconcerned about the prisoners' human rights does not make it more ok to violate them, it's  a sign that people have acquiesced to the "higher purpose" of the war on terror and are willing to overlook almost any abuse if it is only performed on "terrorists".

For what it's worth, most Americans were pretty gung-ho about the extermination of the native americans, slavery, the annexation of Mexican territory et al. when they were going on.

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2013, 02:03:43 PM »
I'd like to think that most American's are concerned about it but to do that I have to basically forget about everything that exists between the West and East coast. For the past 7-8 years I've either been living somewhere abroad, Los Angeles, or NYC where people are seemingly aware and concerned with these matters but I'm originally from Mississippi and still see some pretty fucked up facebook posts from people who've somehow stayed on the friends list. I think part of the reason I keep them is to stay in tune with how ignorant people from there can be but also get a kick out of the dumbfounded things they occasionally post.

It all stems back to a bigger plot I think - this country has progressively made education more unattainable to it's citizens thus adding to the ignorant population steadily, maintained it's abnormal stance as an absurdly religious country for how "modern" it is and used this in swaying political stances/votes, built up it's military to great extents and used it to intimate on a global scale, then put all the power into the hands of a few greedy bastards. They knowingly make use of this power in numbers ignorant population with scare tactics - i.e. the terrorists want to take away your freedom. How does the intelligent part of the population within the country take the power back? Look at the Bank CEO's, look at the current senators/representatives/supreme court mandates, look at what the corrupt police forces take part in, look at the NSA... I mean really, where do you start? We've seen what's happened at certain protests, we see where Edward Snowden is right now, and I think more than anything people have just started to lose hope in what the USA once stood for. To me it's funny meeting Americans who still think everyone, everywhere still wants to uproot and re-plant in the United States which just isn't the case anymore.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2013, 05:12:53 PM »
No. I think most Americans are only concerned with whether or not honey boo-boo has enough butter and ketchup to make sketti.

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2013, 06:03:23 PM »
I'd like to think that most American's are concerned about it but to do that I have to basically forget about everything that exists between the West and East coast. For the past 7-8 years I've either been living somewhere abroad, Los Angeles, or NYC where people are seemingly aware and concerned with these matters but I'm originally from Mississippi and still see some pretty fucked up facebook posts from people who've somehow stayed on the friends list. I think part of the reason I keep them is to stay in tune with how ignorant people from there can be but also get a kick out of the dumbfounded things they occasionally post.

It all stems back to a bigger plot I think - this country has progressively made education more unattainable to it's citizens thus adding to the ignorant population steadily, maintained it's abnormal stance as an absurdly religious country for how "modern" it is and used this in swaying political stances/votes, built up it's military to great extents and used it to intimate on a global scale, then put all the power into the hands of a few greedy bastards. They knowingly make use of this power in numbers ignorant population with scare tactics - i.e. the terrorists want to take away your freedom. How does the intelligent part of the population within the country take the power back? Look at the Bank CEO's, look at the current senators/representatives/supreme court mandates, look at what the corrupt police forces take part in, look at the NSA... I mean really, where do you start? We've seen what's happened at certain protests, we see where Edward Snowden is right now, and I think more than anything people have just started to lose hope in what the USA once stood for. To me it's funny meeting Americans who still think everyone, everywhere still wants to uproot and re-plant in the United States which just isn't the case anymore.

I think you maybe missed the first sentence...

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2013, 06:11:06 PM »
The west and east coast are just as filled with redneck hillbilly pieces of shit as the rest of the country.

steve

• Rep: 45
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2013, 08:34:05 PM »
that video is gnar.

I was just in Philly this past week and the vacation was kind of shitty.

So I'm hanging out with a guy who works as an engineer, designs lights and lives in a neighborhood that is becoming more gentrified by the day.

his roommate is an accountant or auditor for "one of the big 4" financial institutions. He says "my job is to make sure my clients money looks ok."

Another buddy of his is involved in nuclear sales.

Met another guy who was a "contractor" aka mercenary in Afghanistan for a few years.

These guys said things like

"everyone in prison deserves to be there"
"fracking is great!" I debated this and the end and only benefit came down to, from all parties, money.
"Snowden is a traitor. He fucked with the United States and needs to rot. Don't fuck with the US!"
"I'm not racist as far as food, I eat vietnamese, thai, and my girlfriend is a jew but I don't want a mosque over here."

I present these examples to show simple attitudes that greatly effect that national mindset and in turn actions. These fools, well educated ones at that, have no interest in caring for another. they're only choosing to see "the other." This country, in many ways, in quite sociopathic in its tendencies and it doesn't matter where you go.

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • "I will not skateboard in the halls"
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2013, 08:45:32 PM »