Author Topic: Amazing tricks no one seems to talk about/remember  (Read 21224 times)

shit_for_brains

Re: Amazing tricks no one seems to talk about/remember
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2013, 12:40:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Nyjah did a switch bigspin fs board on a pretty hefty rail in his rise and shine part that was just tossed in somewhere in the middle. I thought it was pretty crazy.
[close]

I'm pretty sure that was a regular big spin front board by chase webb but I could be wrong

You are probably very right. It would make a lot more sense. I didn't know who Chase Webb was until a few weeks ago so I didn't notice.

heckler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2013, 05:09:48 PM »
Expand Quote
The fakie fs flip manual, 180 down a three stair to switch manual by Koston in Fully Flared. One of the craziest combo's I think I've ever seen...
[close]

that was the first 180 fakie nosemanny i'd seen where the dude held onto it for a long time. shit blows my mind, i always end up facing backwards and then just twist completely off my board when i try. also, no 180 out was nuts
He also did a nollie frontside bigspin switch manual, switch bigspin out in Fully Flared. That trick is fucked.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2013, 05:39:27 PM »
Furbys switch flip over that rail in the deathwish vid. That blew my mind. And most of shiloh's transworld part. Dude was doing a lot of today's "trendy" tricks nearly a decade before that stuff was "cool" again.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 05:43:39 PM by LOU.502 »

im probably lying

zuma

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2013, 02:10:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Tricks that blew your mind but people never mention or that didn't have as much impact as you thought they deserved. 

One that comes to mind is Cory Kennedy's switch heelflip late shuvit down a double set in, I think, some Nike tour video.

[close]

wow! Never saw that!

Expand Quote
Pete Eldridge switch front noseblunt clipper. Last trick

[close]

Forgot about that, excellent memory Jer!

Expand Quote

bastien sais in an interview that flip has his best part to date and wont even give it to him to see it. they want a sum he can t or doesn t want to pay. that trick s probably in there
[close]

...patience ;)

Expand Quote
Scott Kane had did a kickflip fs noseblunt down a rail many years ago i think in the early 2000's bootleg days. I forgot what video or clip it was in. Thats a trick that still doesnt get done much specially down a rail.
[close]

Bootleg 2000, that whole part was fucking ridic.  Switch heel f/s noseslide a nine anyone?  Who doesn't miss Scott Kane

---

other ideas: 

Haslam - k/f back smith hollywood 12
Sean Gutierrez - Ollie into bank (recent Thrasher)
Rick McCrank - almost nollie hardflip down Carlsbad
Mike Carroll - B/S smith 360
Richard Angelides in Genesis
Josh Kasper benihanna over obese women
Darrell on Clipper
Markovich - F/S Shuv 50-50 San Deguito
Geoff - Cab heel flip 8 stair
Geoff - s/s 360 flip 9 in TWS check out
Heath Kirchart - picnic table tricks at 2:09 in Mind Field

[close]

Do you wanna tell us something Mr. DJ?

EXACTLY...?

Getty

• Rep: 48
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2013, 03:33:19 AM »
Jerry starts this line at 1:42 by fakie flipping up a pretty good-sized loading dock, going backside. For some reason that always jumps out at me as just seeming hard as hell to do.

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 135
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2013, 07:01:21 AM »
Also, this ski jump style hill bomb/stair... ride over?

Useless Wooden Bench

• Rep: 159
    • Pappy avatar image
« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2013, 11:45:50 PM »
In a teaser for Brandon Westgate's Emerica shoe part, he 5050's up a double kinked hubba that I remember being nuts, but I haven't been able to find the clip anywhere.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2013, 09:35:07 AM »
There was some random kid the Fs flipped Hollywood 16 years before Reynolds in a 411VM i believe. But Reynolds does it over the rail and its a cover haha.

sammyseeds

• Rep: 3
  • eat, spit, be happy.
« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2013, 09:45:38 AM »

the 360 flip at 1:01 is fucking ridiculous

trebb

• Rep: -7
« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2013, 10:06:31 AM »
In a teaser for Brandon Westgate's Emerica shoe part, he 5050's up a double kinked hubba that I remember being nuts, but I haven't been able to find the clip anywhere.

Id love to see that.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 737
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2013, 01:19:43 PM »
Louie Barletta did a cabflip down like a 9 stair in mandown.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2013, 01:45:58 PM »
wasnt it a switch fs 360 kickflip or something?
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2013, 01:55:01 PM »
I agree with the dude who called Rowley's cab heel in cinematographer. Even 16 years later its fucked up.

resuwrektion

• Rep: -11
« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2013, 01:56:32 PM »

The line at 2:11, primarily the hardflip he does is what makes the clip for me
Following narcissists on instagram in order to decry their narcissism seems like one of those philosophical quandaries you shouldn't do.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 737
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2013, 02:14:17 PM »
Found it.

4:02

wasnt it a switch fs 360 kickflip or something?

You might be thinking of the trick at 5:25 which is also totally awesome.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 728
« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2013, 02:27:18 PM »

Useless Wooden Bench

• Rep: 159
    • Pappy avatar image
« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2013, 03:15:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Good find. Beastly.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2013, 04:01:35 PM »
Bastien Salabanzi's nollie heel back tail down a rail in Sorry and Erik Ellington's switch flip fs tailslide at UCI in This Is Skateboarding. They were both pretty small rails, but I can't think of many instances of anyone doing those tricks since those parts.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

ChillMurray

• Rep: -36
« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2013, 04:30:26 PM »
Also, Arto's tricks 50, 5-0 and TAILSLIDE on that huge white hubba in Sorry, full speed. Has anyone else ever skated that thing?

That's what I'm sayin. Amazing then and still to this day because I can't think of anyone else who stepped to that thing. Arto's part in Sorry is untouchable
RIP Pimp C

arewedeadyet

• Rep: 42
    • Video*Days avatar image
« Reply #79 on: July 25, 2013, 12:11:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Also, Arto's tricks 50, 5-0 and TAILSLIDE on that huge white hubba in Sorry, full speed. Has anyone else ever skated that thing?
[close]

That's what I'm sayin. Amazing then and still to this day because I can't think of anyone else who stepped to that thing. Arto's part in Sorry is untouchable

It's been ripped out. It used to be at some library in Cutler Ridge, FL.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #80 on: July 25, 2013, 12:46:04 AM »
Bastien Salabanzi's nollie heel back tail down a rail in Sorry and Erik Ellington's switch flip fs tailslide at UCI in This Is Skateboarding. They were both pretty small rails, but I can't think of many instances of anyone doing those tricks since those parts.
Chad Tim tim nollie heel front tailed the same rail bastien skated, which was way looked over as well, and unlike those other two tricks, Timtim's was perfectly done.

Jeremy Wray's entire career is overlooked.  He 270 sugarcaned the hollywood high rail in The Revolution. Even with all of the weird smithy type tricks people have been doing lately it still hasn't been replicated. Ollie the SD sports arena triple set, utter destruction of Carlsbad...there was a lot.

Also, I'm assuming its due to his overall kookiness, but Josh Kasper fucking murdered Carlsbad, but nobody ever really talks about it anymore. I suppose the benihannas and kasperholics shit probably didn't help his legacy.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #81 on: July 25, 2013, 01:00:51 AM »

the nollie backside flip around :53, best one ever done probably. the few tricks after as well are crazy. dude was so good, i remember when this trick got leaked to slap before the video came out

edot: apparently its derrick timoshenko and fakie, weird. never knew that
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 01:02:28 AM by ice nine »
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Spaced Cadet

• Rep: 113
« Reply #82 on: July 25, 2013, 01:46:37 AM »
Janoski's weird back lip manual power slide thingy at 0:53. I've never seen anyone ever do anything like that since. "Look at that. He did something that people don't do."

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
« Reply #83 on: July 25, 2013, 01:52:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Chad Tim tim nollie heel front tailed the same rail bastien skated, which was way looked over as well, and unlike those other two tricks, Timtim's was perfectly done.

Jeremy Wray's entire career is overlooked.  He 270 sugarcaned the hollywood high rail in The Revolution. Even with all of the weird smithy type tricks people have been doing lately it still hasn't been replicated. Ollie the SD sports arena triple set, utter destruction of Carlsbad...there was a lot.

Also, I'm assuming its due to his overall kookiness, but Josh Kasper fucking murdered Carlsbad, but nobody ever really talks about it anymore. I suppose the benihannas and kasperholics shit probably didn't help his legacy.

Theres a back 180 that Wray did that blows minds, I wanna say in Barca, but cant be sure.
Whatever, its the tits.

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 728
« Reply #84 on: July 25, 2013, 03:46:49 AM »
How about in zero's "dying to live" when the chief almost boardslides a chain tied to a handrail (in the credits, I think). surprised no one's tried to revisit that trick.

lukefromsydney

• Rep: 0
« Reply #85 on: July 25, 2013, 06:29:35 AM »
Dane Burman's ender in Strange World. That spot is a lot bigger than it looks in the footage. Anything Lewis Marnell did.
Is that cashmere?

Gil

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
« Reply #86 on: July 25, 2013, 06:49:55 AM »
Janoski's weird back lip manual power slide thingy at 0:53. I've never seen anyone ever do anything like that since. "Look at that. He did something that people don't do."

I always loved that shit.
There's an old picture of Scott Johnston doing one in Transworld I believe. It's a badass photo... I think they just labeled it a backside wheelslide.
Going into to business with Vallely is the skateboarding equivalent of starting a land war in Asia, just don't.

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #87 on: July 25, 2013, 06:52:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Theres a back 180 that Wray did that blows minds, I wanna say in Barca, but cant be sure.
Whatever, its the tits.

The one over the fountain gap in Barcelona, same one that the Butcher ollied in Suffer The Joy.

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 135
« Reply #88 on: July 25, 2013, 08:10:49 AM »

This is probably my favorite line in his part as well. Each trick just looks sooo good.

resuwrektion

• Rep: -11
« Reply #89 on: July 25, 2013, 08:23:45 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This is probably my favorite line in his part as well. Each trick just looks sooo good.

Hell yes, it just flows and it's rather quick: just one after the other after the other. Plus I just love how he doesn't push during the line at all.
Following narcissists on instagram in order to decry their narcissism seems like one of those philosophical quandaries you shouldn't do.