Author Topic: Amazing tricks no one seems to talk about/remember  (Read 21252 times)

king_in_the_north

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 27
  • I'm not liquid john
Re: Amazing tricks no one seems to talk about/remember
« Reply #90 on: July 25, 2013, 10:15:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Bastien Salabanzi's nollie heel back tail down a rail in Sorry and Erik Ellington's switch flip fs tailslide at UCI in This Is Skateboarding. They were both pretty small rails, but I can't think of many instances of anyone doing those tricks since those parts.
[close]
Chad Tim tim nollie heel front tailed the same rail bastien skated, which was way looked over as well, and unlike those other two tricks, Timtim's was perfectly done.

Jeremy Wray's entire career is overlooked.  He 270 sugarcaned the hollywood high rail in The Revolution. Even with all of the weird smithy type tricks people have been doing lately it still hasn't been replicated. Ollie the SD sports arena triple set, utter destruction of Carlsbad...there was a lot.

Also, I'm assuming its due to his overall kookiness, but Josh Kasper fucking murdered Carlsbad, but nobody ever really talks about it anymore. I suppose the benihannas and kasperholics shit probably didn't help his legacy.
that whole part is just insanity, ahead of its time for sure. some of it is ahead of this time
also if you read my whole facebook timeline from back in 2007 then this will also prove that magic is real.

black coffee

• Rep: 0
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #91 on: July 25, 2013, 10:26:28 AM »
Jamie Thomas 50/50  grind the whole credits of Welcome to Hell

is there actually any normal speed footy anyone has ever seen

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 737
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #92 on: July 25, 2013, 10:46:27 AM »

2:46
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #93 on: July 25, 2013, 11:11:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Bastien Salabanzi's nollie heel back tail down a rail in Sorry and Erik Ellington's switch flip fs tailslide at UCI in This Is Skateboarding. They were both pretty small rails, but I can't think of many instances of anyone doing those tricks since those parts.
[close]
Chad Tim tim nollie heel front tailed the same rail bastien skated, which was way looked over as well, and unlike those other two tricks, Timtim's was perfectly done.

Jeremy Wray's entire career is overlooked.  He 270 sugarcaned the hollywood high rail in The Revolution. Even with all of the weird smithy type tricks people have been doing lately it still hasn't been replicated. Ollie the SD sports arena triple set, utter destruction of Carlsbad...there was a lot.

Also, I'm assuming its due to his overall kookiness, but Josh Kasper fucking murdered Carlsbad, but nobody ever really talks about it anymore. I suppose the benihannas and kasperholics shit probably didn't help his legacy.
[close]
that whole part is just insanity, ahead of its time for sure. some of it is ahead of this time

Yeah good call on wrays revolution part
Isn't one of the first grind up a handrail tricks in that part too?

And yeah, kaspers line at Carlsbad in trilogy is pretty wild
I think he falls into the chad Fernandez type group of people, where no one wants to acknowledge they do some crazy stuff
Paul machnau's career is kind of in that category too

scorpion1001

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • All Hail Carroll
« Reply #94 on: July 25, 2013, 02:55:58 PM »
machnau is criminally underrated. i actually bought a darkstar board (it was great) way back when his united by fate part dropped because it blew me away.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #95 on: July 25, 2013, 03:16:44 PM »
machnau is criminally underrated. i actually bought a darkstar board (it was great) way back when his united by fate part dropped because it blew me away.

His part was nothing but bangers!!! I remember first seeing this and being sooo stunned on the 5-0 on the double kinked round rail, that thing is deadly! Sucks he was soo underated he killed it alot harder than alot of then new kids coming up today that are household names.

J.R.

• Rep: -38
« Reply #96 on: July 25, 2013, 04:33:16 PM »
I remember when I saw the kickflip melon Danny Gonzalez ended his part with in The Reason, I thought it was so gnarly and proper. When I saw that the magazines weren't paying attention to it, I was looking around trying to figure out if I was the only one that saw it or something. Then a few years later Frank Gerwer mob flips it and everyone goes fucking crazy. Not for anything, but I can't kickflip melon anything, but I could certainly kickflip shit. People were trying to make it sound like it was easier because he grabbed his board, but I always thought that shit would have been harder than just a regular kickflip.

BasicSkaater *Undead*

• Rep: -8
  • Emurica
« Reply #97 on: July 25, 2013, 04:39:32 PM »
John Caridel's 5050 gind on union squares rail
My setup
Toy Machine Deck
Independence Trucks
Bones Wheels
Whatever Bearings
Emerica Shoes

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 884
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #98 on: July 25, 2013, 04:57:58 PM »
Arto's nollie noseslide on the wilshire 15 was pretty incredible as was his switch front board hollywood 16. Those were both 10+ years ago too.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #99 on: July 25, 2013, 05:16:23 PM »
Pretty much everything Diego bucchieri ever did.. Remember that 20 set he ollied when he 15? That guy is fuckin crazy

lukefromsydney

• Rep: 0
« Reply #100 on: July 25, 2013, 06:18:53 PM »
Arto's backlip in Mindfield.
Is that cashmere?

Cinco

• Rep: 5
« Reply #101 on: July 25, 2013, 06:25:50 PM »
Arto's backlip in Mindfield.
People talked about it and still remember it.

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #102 on: July 25, 2013, 06:59:39 PM »
that machnau part was fucked

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #103 on: July 25, 2013, 08:09:38 PM »
Cardiels fifty fifty is legendary and always talked about.

Artos switch front board  on Hollywood high was amazing.
They put the photo out as a pullout es poster ad in transworld or something. I loved that poster

Didn't Diego share a part with dylan. in an osiris video? That's pretty funny in hindsight

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #104 on: July 25, 2013, 11:57:09 PM »
It's been forever since I've seen that. It could come out today and still be fucked.

im probably lying

D. Bag

« Reply #105 on: July 26, 2013, 02:38:38 AM »

2:46

Also, Eric Murphy from Chicago boardslid that thing way back in 1991 - skip to the last 50 seconds for it.

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #106 on: July 26, 2013, 07:13:40 AM »
I used to have that ACME video. That's the only trick I always remembered from it.

Anyway, Scott Pazelt's whole part from the Storm is underrated and overlooked. The guy was 15 years ahead of his time.

'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #107 on: July 26, 2013, 08:00:11 AM »
I remember when I saw the kickflip melon Danny Gonzalez ended his part with in The Reason, I thought it was so gnarly and proper. When I saw that the magazines weren't paying attention to it, I was looking around trying to figure out if I was the only one that saw it or something. Then a few years later Frank Gerwer mob flips it and everyone goes fucking crazy. Not for anything, but I can't kickflip melon anything, but I could certainly kickflip shit. People were trying to make it sound like it was easier because he grabbed his board, but I always thought that shit would have been harder than just a regular kickflip.

The concept of being better is a construct of the mind, like mental illness. In time you will understand.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

Greg

• Rep: -43
  • CRUSTY PALMS
    • // 1017 GLO GANG // FREE MAX B // FREE GUCCI // STREET MONEY // BLACKLAND // HOTHEADS // FUCKOUTTAHERE // avatar image
« Reply #108 on: July 26, 2013, 10:22:16 AM »

3:08 John Fitzgeralds Half Cab 50-50 on that fat ass hubba Heath Front Blunted in Stay Gild
| FUCK JAMIE THOMAS | IT'S CURTAINS |

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #109 on: July 26, 2013, 10:47:09 AM »
I used to have that ACME video. That's the only trick I always remembered from it.

Anyway, Scott Pazelt's whole part from the Storm is underrated and overlooked. The guy was 15 years ahead of his time.

i
ismooth style and tech, he was really overshadowed by all the big names in the storm. His skillls were def undeniable. That switch fs flip late flip was ridiculous!

Hatechild

« Reply #110 on: July 26, 2013, 11:02:31 AM »
Scott Pazelt is straight up gross. Get that shit out of here.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #111 on: July 26, 2013, 12:26:40 PM »
Scott Pazelt is straight up gross. Get that shit out of here.

Hadn't forgotten about Caesar but hadn't thought about him in a while. So buttery smooth. Anyone know what he's doing now?

StimCoCruzer

« Reply #112 on: July 27, 2013, 05:54:45 PM »
Tricks that blew your mind but people never mention or that didn't have as much impact as you thought they deserved. 

One that comes to mind is Cory Kennedy's switch heelflip late shuvit down a double set in, I think, some Nike tour video.

i think that double set is in North Dakota. thats a place that no one remembers.

StimCoCruzer

« Reply #113 on: July 27, 2013, 05:58:22 PM »
I think it is lame how people try to underplay how gnarly Danny Gonzales kickflip melon down Wallenburgh is!

or his wallride kf melon transfer that won best trick at tampa in like 1998 or something - i always thought that, and DG in general were fucking rad. too bad mic-e-reyes blacklisted him, he had promise

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #114 on: July 27, 2013, 06:51:40 PM »
most of this shit

Albatross

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #115 on: July 27, 2013, 07:16:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
It's been forever since I've seen that. It could come out today and still be fucked.

people were jizzing over nyjah doing a noseblunt down a smaller/mellower rail than machnau's ender in that part a little while back

any of the last 15 tricks in his part could have been someones ender today and people would be hyped

machnau is insane

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #116 on: July 27, 2013, 09:39:56 PM »
Expand Quote
I think it is lame how people try to underplay how gnarly Danny Gonzales kickflip melon down Wallenburgh is!

[close]

or his wallride kf melon transfer that won best trick at tampa in like 1998 or something - i always thought that, and DG in general were fucking rad. too bad mic-e-reyes blacklisted him, he had promise
That was so rad! I forgot about that. I'm surprised we are even allowed to talk about Danny Gonzales on a high speed website!

And whoever posted that boardslide down the bicentennial rail in Chicago, Thanks! I never saw that. My friends and I used to drop in on the top of that rail and grind the whole thing. Here's something the footage doesn't show on any of them- its a double rail that perfectly fits trucks.
Edit: to avoid a double post-
All the tricks Marcus McBride did over the pier 7 blocks
Lavar McBride's mind blowing part in 20 shot sequence and Trilogy
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 09:43:10 PM by Ronald Wilson Reagan »
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

KUberry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #117 on: July 28, 2013, 08:44:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
That was so rad! I forgot about that. I'm surprised we are even allowed to talk about Danny Gonzales on a high speed website!

And whoever posted that boardslide down the bicentennial rail in Chicago, Thanks! I never saw that. My friends and I used to drop in on the top of that rail and grind the whole thing. Here's something the footage doesn't show on any of them- its a double rail that perfectly fits trucks.
Edit: to avoid a double post-
All the tricks Marcus McBride did over the pier 7 blocks
Lavar McBride's mind blowing part in 20 shot sequence and Trilogy

And also Danny did that 360 flip wall plant tail grab in opinion and that upside down wall ride melon thing in a transworld montage.

marshalbanana

• Rep: -7
« Reply #118 on: July 28, 2013, 07:33:28 PM »
One of Gino's lines in Yeah Right. Nollie flip, back tail, fs 180, pushes like hell to a bank to bench and switch fs 180 nosegrinds it. That 180 nosegrind was the best part of the video.

Hairy Ballsagna

• Rep: 32
« Reply #119 on: July 28, 2013, 10:20:48 PM »
I always thought Tony Miorana's backside 360 off a sign and over a street to hill bomb was one of the best tricks ever. I think it's in Bonus Footage.