Author Topic: NYJAH - FREE LUNCH  (Read 30530 times)

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
Re: NYJAH - FREE LUNCH
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2013, 05:56:22 PM »
nyjah just needs to do KOTR, isnt that how sheck became cool?

Will Easley

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2013, 06:22:17 PM »
Expand Quote
If Nyjah wins, Thrasher's (remaining) credibility goes straight out the window, and I can't see a lot of people associated with the magazine being too psyched on that.
[close]

i don't think so.  he's not my cup of tea skating-wise but i would be delusional to say he doesn't destroy the streets.   nobody is denying how hard he puts it down.  it's not like he just shows up to street league and then disappears to count his cash.  

considering all that fucked up family shit that happened to him he seems to be an alright kid.  i'm sure most of us were pretty unbearable at 18.

Let's take a look at some of the tricks we've seen Nyjah do in the past months.

backside noseblunt hollywood high 16
Front blunt down some 18 stair second try
Kickflip frontside hurricane down a 10 stair rail in his Thrasher interview
The triple kinked 5-0 for the Thrasher cover
Tre Flip smith grind down a sizeable handrail (no tiny-ass guy mariano/jim greco ender rail) in the Asphalt Yacht Club ad

How would Thrasher lose credibility making someone who does these kinds of tricks SoTY? Who else is getting as much coverage on a regular basis with those kinds of tricks?

nino brown

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2013, 06:57:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
If Nyjah wins, Thrasher's (remaining) credibility goes straight out the window, and I can't see a lot of people associated with the magazine being too psyched on that.
[close]

i don't think so.  he's not my cup of tea skating-wise but i would be delusional to say he doesn't destroy the streets.   nobody is denying how hard he puts it down.  it's not like he just shows up to street league and then disappears to count his cash.  

considering all that fucked up family shit that happened to him he seems to be an alright kid.  i'm sure most of us were pretty unbearable at 18.

[close]

Tre Flip smith grind down a sizeable handrail (no tiny-ass guy mariano/jim greco ender rail) in the Asphalt Yacht Club ad

you acutally remember shit he does haha

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2013, 07:18:17 PM »
Yeah, remembering amazing stuff is embarrassing and hilarious.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2013, 08:20:46 PM »
Would he be the youngest SoTY if he won? If he does that thrasher part at the end of the year its already in the bag.
I'd guess some of the dudes who won it back in the day might have been younger - Maybe Danny Way or Reynolds

jimi420

« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2013, 10:00:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

How would Thrasher lose credibility making someone who does these kinds of tricks SoTY? Who else is getting as much coverage on a regular basis with those kinds of tricks?
I think the dopest part about all these tricks were that they were essentially throw away clips for commercials or just interview pictures. What he has saved up will probably trump his rise and shine part

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2013, 10:55:17 PM »
Thrasher would lose credibility because the dudes who are usually down with the mag the most (I.E. Skate Rock dudes) aren't down with Nyjah, and probably wouldn't be as down for Thrasher as much if Nyjah actually won. Plenty of people outside of Slap still think this dude is a fucking douche.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

work lurk

• Rep: 0
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2013, 12:45:57 AM »
Considering Thrashers uber punk skate rock tour sponsored by Monster energy drink in currently embarrassing the internet right now, I'm not sure how much credibility they hold at this point. Not so keen on this dudes skating, but he's actually more well spoken then I would have thought.

shitsandwich

• Rep: -53
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2013, 03:38:58 AM »
Thrasher would lose credibility because the dudes who are usually down with the mag the most (I.E. Skate Rock dudes) aren't down with Nyjah, and probably wouldn't be as down for Thrasher as much if Nyjah actually won. Plenty of people outside of Slap still think this dude is a fucking douche.

I feel like they would lose more credibility if they didn't give it to nyjah and gave it to someone that just fit the "image"

tom

• Rep: -10
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2013, 04:48:26 AM »
I feel like a broken record saying this shit but here goes anyway: Hating a dude for being a corporate skater is the most hypocritical bullshit. If there were a bunch of companies willing to make you a millionaire for doing nothing but skateboarding while wearing their logos, you would do it in a fucking heartbeat. all of you. there is not a single person on this board that has enough integrity to turn that money down so that you keep skateboarding more "real". but thats never going to happen anyway because none of you will ever be that good or even close. Is he jockish? sure. awkward interviews? definitely. does that justify all the shit you trolls give him? not by a long shot. same thing goes for sheckler, p.rod, and any other big name skaters that you guys are blatantly jealous of. 

The Drew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2013, 05:45:15 AM »
he bought an audi R8... not my favourite super car but still its a nice piece of machinery

he should definitely buy that house though... can't live in a super car

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2013, 06:06:31 AM »
Have any of the previous SOTY laureates have been like: "Yeah, I'm going for the SOTY this year, I need that trophy"? Because it seems that Nyjah just wants the trophy to cross out another skateboarding achievement in his list.

KOOL MIKE LOVE

« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2013, 08:52:12 AM »
i got a god damn pizza on my 18th birthday

this the first time i heard this guy talk, and he seems like an alright kind of dude.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

i don't think so.  he's not my cup of tea skating-wise but i would be delusional to say he doesn't destroy the streets.   nobody is denying how hard he puts it down.  it's not like he just shows up to street league and then disappears to count his cash. 

considering all that fucked up family shit that happened to him he seems to be an alright kid.  i'm sure most of us were pretty unbearable at 18.

[close]

[close]
you acutally remember shit he does haha

you are a dumbass

and easy will easly summed it up, this guy deserves any shit he gets , he fucks concrete in its tight little asshole

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2013, 09:05:13 AM »
It is funny hearing people hate on Nyjah.

He isn't my favourite to watch either, but you can't knock his ability...

He probably should've got SOTY last year
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2013, 09:52:04 AM »
Guys not money hungry, he's rich and money comes easy to him at this point. When u make a couple million a year 20k is reasonable for ur 18th bday
True!

noone1234

• Rep: -36
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2013, 10:29:27 AM »

He probably should've got AIDS last year

poorlatino

• Rep: 41
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2013, 10:40:24 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Jeez...

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2013, 11:28:53 AM »
I feel like a broken record saying this shit but here goes anyway: Hating a dude for being a corporate skater is the most hypocritical bullshit. If there were a bunch of companies willing to make you a millionaire for doing nothing but skateboarding while wearing their logos, you would do it in a fucking heartbeat. all of you. there is not a single person on this board that has enough integrity to turn that money down so that you keep skateboarding more "real". but thats never going to happen anyway because none of you will ever be that good or even close. Is he jockish? sure. awkward interviews? definitely. does that justify all the shit you trolls give him? not by a long shot. same thing goes for sheckler, p.rod, and any other big name skaters that you guys are blatantly jealous of. 
yeah but id hate myself for it.

Bloody Matt

• Rep: -41
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2013, 12:15:00 PM »
This wimpy brat is the biggest herb in skateboarding.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2013, 12:21:15 PM »
He's had a Michael Jackson type of childhood, don't pretend you understand his motivations.

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • "I will not skateboard in the halls"
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2013, 02:18:33 PM »
That interview was TIGHT! Fuck yeah Nyjahbingy, get that paper.
this the first time i heard this guy talk, and he seems like an alright kind of dude.

and easy will easly summed it up, this guy deserves any shit he gets , he fucks concrete in its tight little asshole

villagemarket

« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2013, 03:21:25 PM »
Have any of the previous SOTY laureates have been like: "Yeah, I'm going for the SOTY this year, I need that trophy"? Because it seems that Nyjah just wants the trophy to cross out another skateboarding achievement in his list.

read an interview where daveed said he was specifically going for it, im sure that is his reason

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2013, 03:27:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

read an interview where daveed said he was specifically going for it, im sure that is his reason
I think Flip has quite a bit of pull with Thrasher too. Probably advertising money.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

neko

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2013, 12:29:21 AM »
Goddamn, what an asshole.

EnjoiSanJose

« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2013, 02:32:33 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
soooooooo funnnnnny

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2013, 04:21:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I think Flip has quite a bit of pull with Thrasher too. Probably advertising money.
Yup, I wasn't sure about Daveed, because his SOTY title came outta nowhere (for me at least), and maybe Cole, for his second win, but the rest of SOTY laureates were just having a hell of a year, not really going for the title.

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -601
  • who knows
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2013, 07:38:50 AM »
the birthday party price sounded regular to me at first, but as i thought about it more it's basically just for the homies to live it up.  that's kind of rad.  it's not like he rented out a Six Flags and rode all the rides alone. 
where is home?

Dr Steve Brule

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2013, 08:05:21 AM »

street league
9 club
dc and element
youtube reality show
no evidence of him pushing ever
sexist piece of shit

For Your Health

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2013, 12:30:23 PM »
Fuck Nyjah, Suciu for SOTY. Dude's put out his own video from this year's footage alone.

Being short is the motorcycle of life.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2013, 03:54:17 PM »
oh i get it! so, what you're saying is that nyjah is a piece of shit for being talented & having money but....it's okay to beat gay dudes to death or call gershon the 'n' word... right? that's core right?! fuck nyjah's corporate ass. riding for companies that pay good money, getting so much coverage, buying nice cars.... what a DICK! thrasher/phelps should base their decisions on how to run the mag firmly on what the skate rock dudes think, right? let's not give the trophy to the person that deserves it most or skated the best, let's give it to whoever get's along with the skate rock dudes... that makes sense. everyone bitches when 'skater of the year' means who phelps likes the most but, then everyone else bitches when 'skater of the year' means the dude who actually skated best that year. they should just stop doing soty because, it just makes everyone act like little cry baby bitches & throw out wild claims like "oh i won't buy another thrasher if nyjah wins soty".... you're a fucking kook. are you going to stop watching football if your least favorite team wins the super bowl? "that's it.... the broncos win the super bowl?!?! FUCK THIS i'm over it." you suck at life gerwer's nose and, i hope you get hiv from being such a cocksucker.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 03:56:12 PM by shouldn't »

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts