Author Topic: NYJAH - FREE LUNCH  (Read 30531 times)

Rasmus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
Re: NYJAH - FREE LUNCH
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2013, 04:16:36 PM »
I lost faith in Thrasher when they didn't give SOTY to Guy last year. Nyjah's talented and all, but he's so fucking damn predictable. My money is on him landing a bs noseblunt down a 18 before 2014.

noone1234

• Rep: -36
« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2013, 05:35:35 PM »
I lost faith in Thrasher when they didn't give SOTY to Guy last year. Nyjah's talented and all, but he's so fucking damn predictable. My money is on him landing a bs noseblunt down a 18 before 2014.

funny cuz i felt the complete opposite, i regained faith in thrasher when they gave it to david. guy should have gotten it perhaps in the 90's before he dipped out, but that's it for me. im not into present day guy that does ugly tech tricks skates to band of brothers.

KOOL MIKE LOVE

« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2013, 05:15:57 AM »
fuck band of horses

TrainWreck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -77
« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2013, 06:16:35 AM »
if nyjah really drops a new dc/thrasher part by the end of this year, the planb video will never not drop in 2013, because shecks also wants SOTY as bad as nyjah.

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2013, 08:27:52 AM »
Bastien's response on facebook
"I guess if you spend a lot a time on your skateboard, you can loose all sense of humor.Big spin hurricane's great. But second degree should be the trick to learn. I have huge respect for Nyjah and Paul, i would never come up to them and talk trash. No way!! Since he wants to break sugar on my back there's no more respect on my behalf."
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

benjamindanklin

• Rep: -9
« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2013, 09:09:52 AM »
if nyjah really drops a new dc/thrasher part by the end of this year, the planb video will never not drop in 2013, because shecks also wants SOTY as bad as nyjah.

Every time you type a comma it's like you're changing subjects. I honestly have no fucking clue what you're trying to get across.

shitsandwich

• Rep: -53
« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2013, 09:57:48 PM »
"I guess if you spend a lot a time on your skateboard, you can loose all sense of humor.Big spin hurricane's great. But second degree should be the trick to learn. I have huge respect for Nyjah and Paul, i would never come up to them and talk trash. No way!! Since he wants to break sugar on my back there's no more respect on my behalf."

I didn't even take it as him talking trash. Nyjah clearly stated that he was stoked on it

Will Easley

« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2013, 10:11:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I didn't even take it as him talking trash. Nyjah clearly stated that he was stoked on it

lol "break sugar on my back". Bastien's great n all but dude needs to chill. Like you said, Nyjah said he was stoked on it anyway.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2013, 07:29:35 AM »
Its one thing to take money from monster to pay some bills, its a completely different thing if youre letting them make decisions for you. they definitely have more to lose by making nyjah soty. For some people itll say a lot about the kind of relationship these sponsors actually have with thrasher. On top of that i feel like nyjah isnt the type of guy you should be trying to promote in skateboarding anyways. Theres lots of workhorses in skateboarding, that doesnt make them the best either. They come and go every couple years without ever leaving a lasting impact the way most sotys have. On top of that, hes not even the techest dude out, people are just getting techer and techer. Whereas if someone like say brandon westgate got it after dropping that emerica part, that would make a lot more sense to me. All his parts have a couple tricks that are a level above the rest.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2013, 11:26:33 AM »
There's nothing really wrong with Nyjah except his 360 flips and ill fitting pants.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2013, 01:17:04 PM »
Its one thing to take money from monster to pay some bills, its a completely different thing if youre letting them make decisions for you. they definitely have more to lose by making nyjah soty. For some people itll say a lot about the kind of relationship these sponsors actually have with thrasher. On top of that i feel like nyjah isnt the type of guy you should be trying to promote in skateboarding anyways. Theres lots of workhorses in skateboarding, that doesnt make them the best either. They come and go every couple years without ever leaving a lasting impact the way most sotys have. On top of that, hes not even the techest dude out, people are just getting techer and techer. Whereas if someone like say brandon westgate got it after dropping that emerica part, that would make a lot more sense to me. All his parts have a couple tricks that are a level above the rest.
really dude? i mean, he's not my favorite skateboarder either by any means but, you're saying he shouldn't get an award because of his sponsors? and that if he did indeed win that it would be because of sponsors like monster? what you're really saying is that you like westgate's skating more so he should win. that's cool, i do too. but, if this dude drops another video part this year that tops that element one, keeps getting covers/winning contests that pay 6 figures and keeps doing tricks down rails/hubbas that were unheard of before.... for what reason could he not win besides not being 'core enough for thrasher.' just think realistically. & you're right, he isn't the techest dude ever.. his lines prove that. then again, how many people are backslide flip nosegrinding rails or doing bigflip hurricanes?! those aren't exactly warm-up tricks for most... i'd rather watch a reynolds f/s flip or b/s flip all day but, when nyjah is switch big heeling the same set.... you gotta at least notice that stuff. if the westgate argument is valid then so is mine, westgate doesn't 'invent' new tricks, he just does them on gnarlier shit then anyone else with more power. how many people are doing kickflip f/s hurricanes down 10 stair hand rails? okay, how many can even do them on flatbars? i'd like to see westgate take it more then anyone but, you can't down-size nyjah's skating one bit... especially with the kind of reasons you have provided.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2013, 02:27:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Thrasher would lose credibility because the dudes who are usually down with the mag the most (I.E. Skate Rock dudes) aren't down with Nyjah, and probably wouldn't be as down for Thrasher as much if Nyjah actually won. Plenty of people outside of Slap still think this dude is a fucking douche.
[close]
oh i get it! so, what you're saying is that nyjah is a piece of shit for being talented & having money but....it's okay to beat gay dudes to death or call gershon the 'n' word... right? that's core right?! fuck nyjah's corporate ass. riding for companies that pay good money, getting so much coverage, buying nice cars.... what a DICK! thrasher/phelps should base their decisions on how to run the mag firmly on what the skate rock dudes think, right? let's not give the trophy to the person that deserves it most or skated the best, let's give it to whoever get's along with the skate rock dudes... that makes sense. everyone bitches when 'skater of the year' means who phelps likes the most but, then everyone else bitches when 'skater of the year' means the dude who actually skated best that year. they should just stop doing soty because, it just makes everyone act like little cry baby bitches & throw out wild claims like "oh i won't buy another thrasher if nyjah wins soty".... you're a fucking kook. are you going to stop watching football if your least favorite team wins the super bowl? "that's it.... the broncos win the super bowl?!?! FUCK THIS i'm over it." you suck at life gerwer's nose and, i hope you get hiv from being such a cocksucker.
I normally don't read your childish rants but the irony in this was too funny to ignore. Practice what you preach, you fucking baby.

There are plenty of guys who are way more "thrasher" than Nyjah and killing it just as hard as he is. Deal with it.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Greg

• Rep: -43
  • CRUSTY PALMS
    • // 1017 GLO GANG // FREE MAX B // FREE GUCCI // STREET MONEY // BLACKLAND // HOTHEADS // FUCKOUTTAHERE // avatar image
« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2013, 11:01:23 PM »
nyjah is a prick, let me catch that bitch nigga slippin....
| FUCK JAMIE THOMAS | IT'S CURTAINS |

jimi420

« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2013, 11:25:06 PM »
This is all so confusing. He doesn't deserve SOTY because he has certain sponsors, and other people are killing it just as hard, and what else? Dude at least deserves to be in the running for it, he's been on a rampage for the past year or 2. And to shrug off his contest wins is asinine. If I recall, one of the things that helped Chris Cole win his second soty was the fact that he won every contest he entered that year. If you look at his recent ads/throwaway you can tell  that dude is leading towards something big. His R&S part was one of the best parts of the year (well, if it had different music) and that was 2 years ago. I can't think of anybody else that has hustled as hard as he has thus far in 2013

bobforapples

• Rep: -55
« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2013, 02:03:18 AM »
is that dude in your wwf signature that guy from cosmic vomit?

jimi420

« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2013, 08:58:06 AM »
is that dude in your wwf signature that guy from cosmic vomit?
Johan Stuckey had a brief background with The Nation of Domination before they kicked him out for being too white and obnoxious

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #76 on: July 22, 2013, 09:10:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
really dude? i mean, he's not my favorite skateboarder either by any means but, you're saying he shouldn't get an award because of his sponsors? and that if he did indeed win that it would be because of sponsors like monster? what you're really saying is that you like westgate's skating more so he should win. that's cool, i do too. but, if this dude drops another video part this year that tops that element one, keeps getting covers/winning contests that pay 6 figures and keeps doing tricks down rails/hubbas that were unheard of before.... for what reason could he not win besides not being 'core enough for thrasher.' just think realistically. & you're right, he isn't the techest dude ever.. his lines prove that. then again, how many people are backslide flip nosegrinding rails or doing bigflip hurricanes?! those aren't exactly warm-up tricks for most... i'd rather watch a reynolds f/s flip or b/s flip all day but, when nyjah is switch big heeling the same set.... you gotta at least notice that stuff. if the westgate argument is valid then so is mine, westgate doesn't 'invent' new tricks, he just does them on gnarlier shit then anyone else with more power. how many people are doing kickflip f/s hurricanes down 10 stair hand rails? okay, how many can even do them on flatbars? i'd like to see westgate take it more then anyone but, you can't down-size nyjah's skating one bit... especially with the kind of reasons you have provided.

Its nice that you like nyjah but westgates footage is next level. power skating got a helluva lot more popular over the last couple years thanks to a couple guys and one of the big ones is definitely westgate. I dont see where nyjah really fits into anything besides being a really good contest skater. If the skate rock guys mattered that much then figgy wouldve won last year but he didnt. Id rather take that ortiz dudes 3 flip overcrook in the blind video over most of nyjahs tricks. Nyjahs much more consistent skater than most but aside from that whats he really got besides a couple attempts at one upping some dudes and contest wins? Like i said, what is thrasher saying when you put up the quintesential contest guy and call him soty 2013? Its not a good look.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2013, 11:01:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

funny cuz i felt the complete opposite, i regained faith in thrasher when they gave it to david. guy should have gotten it perhaps in the 90's before he dipped out, but that's it for me. im not into present day guy that does ugly tech tricks skates to band of brothers.

this had me laughing.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2013, 11:09:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Thrasher would lose credibility because the dudes who are usually down with the mag the most (I.E. Skate Rock dudes) aren't down with Nyjah, and probably wouldn't be as down for Thrasher as much if Nyjah actually won. Plenty of people outside of Slap still think this dude is a fucking douche.
[close]
oh i get it! so, what you're saying is that nyjah is a piece of shit for being talented & having money but....it's okay to beat gay dudes to death or call gershon the 'n' word... right? that's core right?! fuck nyjah's corporate ass. riding for companies that pay good money, getting so much coverage, buying nice cars.... what a DICK! thrasher/phelps should base their decisions on how to run the mag firmly on what the skate rock dudes think, right? let's not give the trophy to the person that deserves it most or skated the best, let's give it to whoever get's along with the skate rock dudes... that makes sense. everyone bitches when 'skater of the year' means who phelps likes the most but, then everyone else bitches when 'skater of the year' means the dude who actually skated best that year. they should just stop doing soty because, it just makes everyone act like little cry baby bitches & throw out wild claims like "oh i won't buy another thrasher if nyjah wins soty".... you're a fucking kook. are you going to stop watching football if your least favorite team wins the super bowl? "that's it.... the broncos win the super bowl?!?! FUCK THIS i'm over it." you suck at life gerwer's nose and, i hope you get hiv from being such a cocksucker.
[close]
I normally don't read your childish rants but the irony in this was too funny to ignore. Practice what you preach, you fucking baby.

There are plenty of guys who are way more "thrasher" than Nyjah and killing it just as hard as he is. Deal with it.
i didn't murder a gay dude... i just made fun of one. there is a big difference. it's amusing how every time i comment on one of your outrageous posts you don't address the actual subject, you try to correct my spelling or tell me how i'm a hypocrite like any other 12 year old boy would. i just don't see a whole lot of dudes doing the shit he is doing at all. then again, as you said in the deathwish video thread...  'real' skating to you is a bunch of dudes skating parks like burnside so your opinion is just as irrelevant as always.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Its nice that you like nyjah but westgates footage is next level. power skating got a helluva lot more popular over the last couple years thanks to a couple guys and one of the big ones is definitely westgate. I dont see where nyjah really fits into anything besides being a really good contest skater. If the skate rock guys mattered that much then figgy wouldve won last year but he didnt. Id rather take that ortiz dudes 3 flip overcrook in the blind video over most of nyjahs tricks. Nyjahs much more consistent skater than most but aside from that whats he really got besides a couple attempts at one upping some dudes and contest wins? Like i said, what is thrasher saying when you put up the quintesential contest guy and call him soty 2013? Its not a good look.
no where in that post did i say that i like the guy. i actually said he's 'not my favorite skater by any means' & i'd rather watch someone like reynolds do kickflips & fs flips all day then see this guy one-up everyone but...... he is one upping everyone in a sense. sure, he doesn't have power.. we all can see that. but the caliber of skating & the tricks that we've been seeing from him are no joke. the dude back noseblunted hollywood 16 in a fuckin' shoe commercial while other people with power are ending their parts with f/s noseslides & b/s overcrooks on the same rail. i don't have to clarify the fact that i would watch westgate all day over this guy, especially if i'm about to go roll around but.... the kid has tricks, let's not forget that. he's just easy to hate on... someday he'll start skating tranny like sheckler has been, win you guys over & all of this will be forgotten

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

wiggitywiggity

• Rep: 25
  • You Don't Gnome Me Man!
« Reply #79 on: July 22, 2013, 12:45:11 PM »
Why's Nyjah need a Free Lunch, mo'Fucka we out here starvin'!!

GeorgeM

• Rep: -12
« Reply #80 on: July 22, 2013, 03:24:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
If Nyjah wins, Thrasher's (remaining) credibility goes straight out the window, and I can't see a lot of people associated with the magazine being too psyched on that.
[close]

i don't think so.  he's not my cup of tea skating-wise but i would be delusional to say he doesn't destroy the streets.   nobody is denying how hard he puts it down.  it's not like he just shows up to street league and then disappears to count his cash.  

considering all that fucked up family shit that happened to him he seems to be an alright kid.  i'm sure most of us were pretty unbearable at 18.

[close]

Let's take a look at some of the tricks we've seen Nyjah do in the past months.

backside noseblunt hollywood high 16
Front blunt down some 18 stair second try
Kickflip frontside hurricane down a 10 stair rail in his Thrasher interview
The triple kinked 5-0 for the Thrasher cover
Tre Flip smith grind down a sizeable handrail (no tiny-ass guy mariano/jim greco ender rail) in the Asphalt Yacht Club ad

How would Thrasher lose credibility making someone who does these kinds of tricks SoTY? Who else is getting as much coverage on a regular basis with those kinds of tricks?

True.  I heard so much about Greco's Darkslide down a legit handrail in the Deathwish Video.  Legit?  It was 2 degrees short of a flat bar.  What a letdown.  Good part, but the Ender was lame.
Tony, do that ollie, you know the one at Del Mar...Ssssiiiiiiccccck. - T. Guerrero, The Search for Animal Chin.

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
« Reply #81 on: July 22, 2013, 03:31:37 PM »
Why can't we all just be friends and give SOTY to Busenitz?!

gutterhead.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
« Reply #82 on: July 22, 2013, 04:43:29 PM »
how can you guys say he's a decent kid when he spent 20k on his 18th birthday, and admitted that he wastes the most money on JEWELRY. yes he is gnarly and i enjoy is skating, but jesus christ, he doesn't seem to know the value of money. i'm hoping for some MC Hammer shit, followed by a comeback in his late 20s.

jimi420

« Reply #83 on: July 22, 2013, 07:44:42 PM »
how can you guys say he's a decent kid when he spent 20k on his 18th birthday, and admitted that he wastes the most money on JEWELRY. yes he is gnarly and i enjoy is skating, but jesus christ, he doesn't seem to know the value of money. i'm hoping for some MC Hammer shit, followed by a comeback in his late 20s.
Everything he does is directly a product of his shit childhood. He's never really been in charge of his own money so now that he is he's tarding out because he can. Plus the swagfag culture he's fallen into glorifies frivolous spending. also he's black and we're terrible at money management.

FuckYourFACE

• Rep: -10
« Reply #84 on: July 22, 2013, 08:03:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
If Nyjah wins, Thrasher's (remaining) credibility goes straight out the window, and I can't see a lot of people associated with the magazine being too psyched on that.
[close]

i don't think so.  he's not my cup of tea skating-wise but i would be delusional to say he doesn't destroy the streets.   nobody is denying how hard he puts it down.  it's not like he just shows up to street league and then disappears to count his cash.  

considering all that fucked up family shit that happened to him he seems to be an alright kid.  i'm sure most of us were pretty unbearable at 18.

[close]

Let's take a look at some of the tricks we've seen Nyjah do in the past months.

backside noseblunt hollywood high 16
Front blunt down some 18 stair second try
Kickflip frontside hurricane down a 10 stair rail in his Thrasher interview
The triple kinked 5-0 for the Thrasher cover
Tre Flip smith grind down a sizeable handrail (no tiny-ass guy mariano/jim greco ender rail) in the Asphalt Yacht Club ad

How would Thrasher lose credibility making someone who does these kinds of tricks SoTY? Who else is getting as much coverage on a regular basis with those kinds of tricks?

Can someone link to the flip front hurricane interview? I haven't seen it yet.
He's on that Ash Ketchum I wanna be the very best bullshit.

shitsandwich

• Rep: -53
« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2013, 03:08:04 PM »

I said he seems like a decent kid because he doesn't come off as a prick. I don't give a fuck how nyjah spends his money that he earned.

Mazzer

• Rep: -20
« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2013, 12:31:47 AM »
It's amazing how deep a lot of you guys have to keep digging to hate on Nyjah. 

I cut him some slack re social awkwardness after watching the video about his last 5 years.  I had no idea about any of that.  Pretty gnarly for an 18 year old and totally explains his money insecurities.

He has time on his side to become probably the gnarliest skater of all time in the next 10 years and also time to polish his social skills/image.

To that end, whether he trades his diamonds and R8 in for a couple kids and a 401K like the other boring financial recluse Super Pros doesn't really fucking matter, esp when the topic of discussion is SOTY.

neko

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #87 on: July 24, 2013, 10:11:16 AM »
Why can't we all just be friends and give SOTY to Busenitz?!

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #88 on: July 24, 2013, 11:24:13 AM »
YAWN

4wheels

« Reply #89 on: July 24, 2013, 07:40:36 PM »
Part two for anyone that cares