Author Topic: Shoe question.  (Read 3654 times)

kev

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Shoe question.
« on: December 11, 2006, 08:08:28 PM »
Are DC Lynx 2's good skate shoes?  I'm debating buying a pair I saw on sale.

mikefork

Re: Shoe question.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 08:11:09 PM »
Are DC Lynx 2's good skate shoes?  I'm debating buying a pair I saw on sale.
if they are anything like the lynx he's you might have to get a half size up. i have only tried them on and they feel amazing except snug so yeah a half size up. the sole is thick too. this was all about the he's, the 2's might be different

kev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 08:24:28 PM »
or i could fork out the extra 20 for mj's

syn

• Rep: 5
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 05:53:35 AM »
or i could fork out the extra 20 for mj's

trendy

I bet they suck
Skateboarding has already been bought, sold, packaged and sailed down the river. We were just too busy being cool to notice - Vibetek

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 06:25:33 AM »
from what i've heard the lynx 2's are amazing skateshoes...

I'm getting a pair of Fallen relapse, the model that looks like lynx HE, for christmas, any opinions on them?

Venture1

• Rep: 7
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006, 02:46:07 PM »
yeah, I got the Lynx 2's awhile ago, super good out of the box. Surprising nice board feel and the super suede just wouldn't wear down.

worth a try if they're cheap.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Dopeness
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2006, 03:19:40 PM »
Expand Quote

I'm getting a pair of Fallen relapse, the model that looks like lynx HE, for christmas, any opinions on them?
[close]

Ew.

What is wrong with these shoes? oh right, nothing, it's just cool to hate on fallen....

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2006, 03:21:37 PM »
the only reason i dislike that company is half thier shoes look really bad and they have that lame winger symbol on the side. i heard they skate really well, alot of the guys on the shop team skate them and have no complaints except when i make fun of how bad they look.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Dopeness
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2006, 03:32:42 PM »
well yeah, they have some ugly shoes and they're logo looks like funk master flex's, I don't like the company, but I don't dislike it either.... I've had two pairs of fallen before and they both skated amazing...

colinsthename

• Rep: 21
  • Ripping.
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2006, 08:48:49 PM »
i know there was a thread about them before, but anyone seen the jereme rogers shoe in real life?  the black and white ones look pretty dope.  not sure whether to get them or not.
I hope one day Steve Austin is walking the street, I throw him a beer, and he stunners you.

Venture1

• Rep: 7
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2006, 06:13:44 AM »
Those DVS remind me of Spanky's Emerica shoe..

Ataturk

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2006, 12:07:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Ew.
[close]

What is wrong with these shoes? oh right, nothing, it's just cool to hate on fallen....

Don't be an idiot.  At least know which awful shoe you are buying the knockoff of . . .

no . . .

yes . . .

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Dopeness
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2006, 04:14:28 AM »
those don't even look alike, the only similarity is the lace loops

Ataturk

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2006, 10:24:09 AM »

don't be a dipshit.  The first shoe jamie puts out on fallen is called "the relapse?"  That should give you a hint, it's a direct copy of his circa shoes, and they all looked the same, so what's the difference? fuck!

Edward Penishands

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2006, 11:50:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

don't be a dipshit.  The first shoe jamie puts out on fallen is called "the relapse?"  That should give you a hint, it's a direct copy of his circa shoes, and they all looked the same, so what's the difference? fuck!

go easy on hte kid, he's got a chris cole avatar and a reynolds one too.  which means he's probably blind and spends way too much time at zumiez

dirtjers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
  • Far out man.
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2006, 03:09:33 PM »
og lynx shit on everything else. although when the he's came out i had 17 pairs in a row of them. it was like 3 years worth of shoes. now that i've been on the nike air classics for a while, i cant even believe how i could ollie in the lynx he's.. they are really really wide.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Dopeness
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2006, 03:59:15 PM »
The Cole gif is a joke, the reynolds trick is sick, barley even know what Zumiez is since I'm from sweden, Relapse wasn't in the first line, nor is it a Thomas shoe, and except from the lacing it's almost identical to Lynx HE's and doesn't look anything like that shitty circa shoe...

Jackers

• Rep: 11
  • Thanks GRL
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2006, 11:32:45 PM »
You're still a dipshit fuckwit sez the new guy.. and he's an internet tuff guy cant thread on that.
Idle

Ataturk

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2006, 01:25:57 AM »
You're still a dipshit fuckwit sez the new guy.. and he's an internet tuff guy cant thread on that.

sen ar pekiyi geri zekālı.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Dopeness
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2006, 02:46:42 AM »
just compare the pictures on page one, one shoeh has lace loops while the other one has normal holes, other than that the look the same... and yes I have seen 'em in real life, and tried them on, and the sole isn't that thick...

Ataturk

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2006, 06:31:31 PM »
just compare the pictures on page one, one shoeh has lace loops while the other one has normal holes, other than that the look the same... and yes I have seen 'em in real life, and tried them on, and the sole isn't that thick...

jesus christ, you're wrong. were you even skating when circas first came out?  the look the fucking same. buy the fucking shoes you want, stop asking people on the internet who are just going to make fun of you.

supermoonunit

« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2006, 06:09:12 PM »
from what i've heard the lynx 2's are amazing skateshoes...

ew man fallen is the worst.....just get some DC lynx2 they look better than fallen and plus you wont seem like the kid in red krew pants at the local part who only tries tricks down the 'big four block' 

supermoonunit

« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2006, 06:18:35 PM »
i meant 'park'  and a better example would be the two kids wearing krew pants who are trying all of their flat ground tricks off the top of a quater pipe to flat in competition for the stoke of all the other kids in krew pants ........thats who wears fallens

mikefork

« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2006, 09:37:39 PM »
i meant 'park'  and a better example would be the two kids wearing krew pants who are trying all of their flat ground tricks off the top of a quater pipe to flat in competition for the stoke of all the other kids in krew pants ........thats who wears fallens
or people who don't care what shoes they are wearing as long as they(the shoes) don't skate like shit

supermoonunit

« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2006, 11:26:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
or people who don't care what shoes they are wearing as long as they(the shoes) don't skate like shit

but dude i saw you had those blue adidas they looked cool why would you resort to the goofy fallens?   

or were you not the one buying them in the first place?

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Dopeness
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2006, 05:01:49 AM »
who fucking cares what brand it is? how could i seem like i only skate the big set if people see me skating other stuff? the biggest stair i've ever ollied is 7, which is really fuckin small.... and i don't wear thight pants... i got that pair of fallens because they were cheap, 50% off, and the two other pairs of fallen i've skated skated really fucking good... I mean I don't think these are the best looking shoes, but they're deffinatly not ugly... people care waaaay too much about what brand not too wear...

mikefork

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2006, 09:56:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

but dude i saw you had those blue adidas they looked cool why would you resort to the goofy fallens?   

the adidas are sadly(because they were the best shoes i ever bought) done. i am not getting fallens anyways and probably never will but if there was a pair i liked and they didn't feel like bricks i would get them. i could care less about the image they push or the image the kids who skate them push. i had emerica bosses and i don't jump down stairs and i have ellington supras now

supermoonunit

« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2006, 11:37:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
the adidas are sadly(because they were the best shoes i ever bought) done. i am not getting fallens anyways and probably never will but if there was a pair i liked and they didn't feel like bricks i would get them. i could care less about the image they push or the image the kids who skate them push. i had emerica bosses and i don't jump down stairs and i have ellington supras now

yeah i guess im just opinionated about shoes and im a bit of a 'sneaker nerd'  and i just dont like the big money hollywood guys like reynolds greco and ellington raking in money   

MAGIK INC GROUPIE

« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2006, 11:49:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
I also hate bricks on my feet. I used to take the insoles out and slice tiny slices thru the cardboard. I'd cut about three horizontally by the balls of my feet, three more by the arch and heel, and one lengthwise. Then I'd bend them in every possible shape, even lengthwise, untill they bent easilly. Then I'd stick the insole back in and they'd feel like the best shoes ever.  Try it sometime. It works and helps alot with skating since you need to have a good feel for your board.

red curb

• Rep: -5
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2006, 08:41:20 PM »
Just get these (seriously):