Author Topic: Robert Lopez Mont & Andre Genovesi  (Read 4316 times)

rileyoneill

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Robert Lopez Mont & Andre Genovesi
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2006, 10:48:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I just watched his part over again and the mulder footy as about the best thing in it.  All im saying is he doesnt do any new tricks not to sounds rude but its true.  people have done switch flip back tail shove out, switchflip 50 a rail and those manny tricks that he did. wow a switch crook off a building.  Andre is skateboarding today i.e just going bigger and bigger and thats not really skateboarding.  I would rather watch someone whos coming up with new tricks being creative not just trying to find the biggest table to switch flip back 5-0.
[close]
angry about this
[close]

why? because you realized what I said made some sense hehe
[close]
No, just sounds like the typical idiotic slapish answer. Damn dude, you think going bigger and bigger is not really skateboarding? Skateboarding is whatever you make it. You think progressing isn't a part of skating? That's what going bigger is. Would you rather once a trick is done for no one to ever try it on anything else? Should everyone stick to just trying to do never before done shit on curbs becuase the size of the rail/ledge/stairs etc. doesn't matter? What you said doesn't make sense, "find the biggest table to switch flip back 5-0"... What a joke. Oh yeah and the Mulder footage is total gold because NO ONE has ever done a 360 flip manual. Manuals are soooo creative.

No, I do agree that skateboarding is whatever you make it and that it SHOULD be progessive.  But come on Switch crooks off a roof is progressive? is this a video game?  yes, skaters do the same tricks its inevitable but at the same time its about creativity ( skateboarding is that too) which is lacking these days....Im fine with johnny handrail skating a 30 stair.  and yes, the size of the rail,ledge,stairs could be brought into play.  But is it that creative? can you say any trick in his part was THAT creative? probable not.  As for the mulder footy it was a 360 shove manny, which was more appealing to watch than anything in andres part.  I dont see how manuals aren't creative?  You can do any variation you practically can think of....kenny anderson siwtch backside nosemanny (yeah, thats not creative), fakie manny half cab flip manny (joey) thats not creative also? are you kidding me?  WHatever skateboarding is what it is.

E.l.G

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2006, 10:59:37 PM »
What the fuck are you talking about?

gayderick

• Rep: -3
  • [quote author=S-Town Holla! link=topic=5625.msg144
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2006, 11:03:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I just watched his part over again and the mulder footy as about the best thing in it.  All im saying is he doesnt do any new tricks not to sounds rude but its true.  people have done switch flip back tail shove out, switchflip 50 a rail and those manny tricks that he did. wow a switch crook off a building.  Andre is skateboarding today i.e just going bigger and bigger and thats not really skateboarding.  I would rather watch someone whos coming up with new tricks being creative not just trying to find the biggest table to switch flip back 5-0.
[close]
angry about this
[close]

[close]
No, just sounds like the typical idiotic slapish answer. Damn dude, you think going bigger and bigger is not really skateboarding? Skateboarding is whatever you make it. You think progressing isn't a part of skating? That's what going bigger is. Would you rather once a trick is done for no one to ever try it on anything else? Should everyone stick to just trying to do never before done shit on curbs becuase the size of the rail/ledge/stairs etc. doesn't matter? What you said doesn't make sense, "find the biggest table to switch flip back 5-0"... What a joke. Oh yeah and the Mulder footage is total gold because NO ONE has ever done a 360 flip manual. Manuals are soooo creative.

[close]

No, I do agree that skateboarding is whatever you make it and that it SHOULD be progessive.  But come on Switch crooks off a roof is progressive? is this a video game?  yes, skaters do the same tricks its inevitable but at the same time its about creativity ( skateboarding is that too) which is lacking these days....Im fine with johnny handrail skating a 30 stair.  and yes, the size of the rail,ledge,stairs could be brought into play.  But is it that creative? can you say any trick in his part was THAT creative? probable not.  As for the mulder footy it was a 360 shove manny, which was more appealing to watch than anything in andres part.  I dont see how manuals aren't creative?  You can do any variation you practically can think of....kenny anderson siwtch backside nosemanny (yeah, thats not creative), fakie manny half cab flip manny (joey) thats not creative also? are you kidding me?  WHatever skateboarding is what it is.
go watch mike v...everything he does is creative

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2006, 01:59:31 AM »
Robert is totally one of those guys that gets his tricks in under fifteen minutes, so you don't have to sit around and smoke all day, pretending to cheer him on, while the photographer checks his watch every five minutes.

kronichles

• Rep: 0
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2006, 07:28:53 AM »
i was hoping they'd save andre's footage for a tws video so he'd get more exposure, dude is sick, not too many lines but he has a buttery style and got switch shit on lock.

killabee

• Rep: -14
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2007, 08:20:27 PM »
What about Andre Genovesi nollie bs heel flip over the bench of flat,and ss flip bs tail shuvit this is some ground breaking stuff taking to the next level.
Nobody did nollie tricks over the bench before...

skatelife7

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2007, 08:40:01 PM »
genovesi is sick..perfect switch flips and i kinda like the big lanky style hes got..good in my book.

vitunvesa

• Rep: 2
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2007, 01:22:33 AM »
How about that Andre's first slam at that huge Barca-bank? I mean, what the fuck? That was the most brutal one for a while.

holy shit that was harsh !

what about josh harmonys tail drop from that same spot where he frickin flies over that block at the bottom ?
eat like a bird and drink like a whale

biggums mcgee

« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2007, 03:12:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
angry about this
[close]

[close]

[close]

johnny handrail? you've got to be kidding me..bring this argument back to 2005

kev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2007, 03:50:00 PM »
I fucking hate parts that are 95% nollie/switch.  Mostly because I can't do anything nollie or switch.

jonny

• Rep: 0
  • Mariano - Switch Backside Tail
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2007, 04:40:46 PM »
damn robert goes BIG and FAST
the smith grind on the tall as ledge really stood out

really dont understand the hate i mean skateboarding is skateboarding we all love to do the same thing
appreciate it for what it is
What are you lookin' at? You're all a bunch of fuckin' assholes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be. You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your fuckin' fingers, and say "that's the bad guy." So, what'll that make you? Good? You're not good.

MattG

• Rep: -2
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2007, 06:27:32 PM »
Dude that one line of RLM rippin through the streets mach chicken, I feel sorry for the fimer cuz he would've had to be going that fast too some scary shit.
And as for the andre haters get real dude is sick.
If you get inspired to skate a certain way, how concerned are you with its popularity or acceptability within the skate world
I thought skating was popular and acceptable in the skate world. Maybe I didn't get that press release.

MJ

bishop

• Rep: -1
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2007, 06:49:51 PM »

Oh i think i know the type of creative skatboarding your talking about, http://youtube.com/watch?v=AxleLFkTXxs . Of course people have done the tricks hes done, if creativity is inventing every trick you film, and was all about making sure you had done a new trick every time you filmed something, we'd be out of tricks to do and no one would skate. Andre is so good, I don't understand how you could disagree with that.

killabee

• Rep: -14
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2007, 10:09:36 PM »
Andre sayed in a interview that he skated so much switch because so many times he gets to spots and all the regular tricks been done already.
If he always does a lots of ss flip and ss heel flips so the other guys too, but maybe is regular frontside flip and kickflips...
what about his backside kickflip on the curtains?????????
He got towed and blast the longest bs flip I've ever seen,super high and smooth landing, for how fast he was going.
he can skate regular and switch,nollie and fackie pretty good,the guy is well rounded.