Author Topic: How high are Thunder His?  (Read 1583 times)

Hash Slinging Slasher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
How high are Thunder His?
« on: August 09, 2013, 07:09:22 PM »
I might get a pair of  Thunder 149s, but I'm considering Indies also. Just wondering how high thunders are compared to indies. I remember someone on here once said something along the lines of if you want to turn properly, you need indy his. Also, general pros and cons of indy vs. thunders?

hornyrick

• Rep: -5
Re: How high are Thunder His?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 07:44:12 PM »
thunder hi's are lower than Indies unless you get a forged bassplate. i myself am an indie man bit have tried thunders in the past, liked them but felt like i got a lot more wheelbite.

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 07:55:12 PM »
In other words I would have to get lights or hollow lights to get the same height as indies. I'm kind of curious to try thunders, but I want to stick with what I know (indies) at the same time.

hornyrick

• Rep: -5
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 08:03:12 PM »
regular indies are higher than thunder hi's                                             indies with forged basplates however are slightly lower than just regular indies.     forged indies are probably around the same height as thunder hi's

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -376
  • ants suck!
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 04:54:52 AM »
i guess that depends on how much they smoked that day.
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2013, 04:59:03 AM »
hahaha

StimCoCruzer

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2013, 07:14:42 AM »
whats up with indy lows?

and i just saw indy had some new titanium jump offs? anyone try em?

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2013, 10:12:55 AM »
I looked this up before getting new trucks and I found this chart:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Apox_SJ8CeMTdDFYSGk4OElQdUJxWmlkSGtBRXVFRkE#gid=0

Indy stage 10 regular = 53.5

Indy stage 10 forged = 51.5

Indy stage 11 regular = 55

Indy stage 11 forged = 53.5

Thunder forged = 49

Not sure about Thunder standard but its probably like 51 or 51.5

Then I remembered I dont really care and will get used to it anyway and got some ace 44's.

Will Easley

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2013, 12:05:01 PM »
In other words I would have to get lights or hollow lights to get the same height as indies. I'm kind of curious to try thunders, but I want to stick with what I know (indies) at the same time.

thunders are fairly low compared to indys, ventures, theeves, etc. but they still turn very well & grind nicely, although the kingpin will get chunked up after a while. they're solid trucks for sure tho Im skating some new theeves right now but if i had to skate thunders for the rest of my life I wouldnt be mad at it. just look at their team, if all those guys can do the shit they do in thunders i figure they cant be too bad right?

pandarelated

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2013, 02:44:31 PM »
thunder 149 Hi's are lower then 147 Hi's.. i dunno why. but they are. its weird.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2013, 04:13:40 PM »
I just made the switch recently from Thunder 149's to Indy stage 11 149's (thanks again, pandarelated!) and it's been a huge improvement for me. Same level of looseness, but significantly less wheelbite. The kingpin clearance is also a lot better, like Will mentioned. It's all preference though, get what you want.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

Sondor

• Rep: 60
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2013, 01:14:01 AM »
I can vouch for the less wheelbite with indy
also I can lock into grinds more easily with my new stage 11's than my previous thunders (maybe because they are now, dunno)

JamesNtheGntPch

• Rep: 38
  • Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2013, 12:15:05 AM »
I've been thinking about jumping ship from thunders to try the stage 11s... I've also been eyeing krux so I can pinch some pennies.  Any opinions on krux hi's?

peewee

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2013, 12:21:54 AM »
I've been thinking about jumping ship from thunders to try the stage 11s... I've also been eyeing krux so I can pinch some pennies.  Any opinions on krux hi's?

Try them! I have a set right now and they are great, as tall as Indy 11s, but lighter and you can get them super loose

Bliz

• Rep: -35
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2013, 09:56:10 PM »
I've rode Thunders for years and could never see myself trying anything different now.  Messed around with Royals, Silvers, Bullets, and Destructo previously but I always went right back to a pair of Thunders.  Surprisingly, I never tried Indys and I am very tempted to for obvious reasons.

JamesNtheGntPch

• Rep: 38
  • Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2013, 11:45:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Try them! I have a set right now and they are great, as tall as Indy 11s, but lighter and you can get them super loose

Bought a pair of K4's. I'm to the axle on my thunders, so I'll see how much longer I can go until I need to switch.

iSk84thechicas

• Rep: -47
  • Thats right - Her AND her cousin
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2013, 10:05:22 AM »
High as the fucking sky

-"...Because we all know if Baker were Guns N Roses, Braydon would be Steven Adler..."

- "When I'm not getting laid , I'm hauling myself down a 5 flat 5....Time to man up son!"