Author Topic: Weekend Buzz: Geoff Rowley and Chase Gabor  (Read 80768 times)

captainfalcon69

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 15
Re: Weekend Buzz: Geoff Rowley and Chase Gabor
« Reply #120 on: August 19, 2013, 08:46:12 AM »
do you think chase regrets saying that? lol

excitableboy

• Rep: 92
« Reply #121 on: August 19, 2013, 09:13:58 AM »

i used to skate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -27
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #122 on: August 19, 2013, 09:23:22 AM »

sharkbarf

« Reply #123 on: August 19, 2013, 09:34:55 AM »
This is a serious matter.

Charles Smith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #124 on: August 19, 2013, 10:04:27 AM »

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
« Reply #125 on: August 19, 2013, 11:23:29 AM »
This dude is clearly a gay. Where the fuck is Danny Way when we need him?

Fuck you.

Matze

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com avatar image
« Reply #126 on: August 19, 2013, 11:46:07 AM »
wonder if I should get a makita

chuck d

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 234
« Reply #127 on: August 19, 2013, 12:05:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
how do you feel about chase, brink?
[close]

I've only recently become friends with Chase but he's a great dude. That screwdriver story is kinda shocking, indeed. In fact that was NOT the answer I was expecting when I was prompted to ask about it. That said, I'm not gonna sit here and judge him based on some childhood shit and act like I've never done anything mean in my life ... kids do stupid, lame, mean shit. That's not me making an excuse or condoning something like that. It's just the truth.

All the stuff he wouldn't answer was chick related. From day one I discovered that dudes on the show never wanna talk about chick stuff ... likely because it salts their game with said chicks or future ones. That's my guess.

This thread really should derail into fucked up things you did to other kids or had done to you when you were young ... confessions ... that would be more fun I think.
[close]

This is almost as fucked up as what Chase said. I'm hoping that you come up with a better reply or at least some sort of retraction. That whole show was completely fucked up, and I know it likely is no skin off of your balls but I'm unsubscribing from anything that is connected to Ride Channel. I ditched the Berrics after BATB2. It's sincerely distressing to see how flippant you were and are about this.
[close]

agreed. and now that I think of it, if I learned something like that about some dude's past, NO WAY would I stay friends with him.
tying the neigbor up and sodomizing him with a screwdriver?? NO WAY
[close]

Yea I was sort of astounded by Rob's reaction.  "SO WHAT GUYS ITS JUST SODOMY WITH A FOREIGN OBJECT!?"  If a good friend told me that story, I probably would not fuck with that dude anymore.

"Oh I'd prefer the blunt end fer shur..."

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #128 on: August 19, 2013, 12:27:34 PM »
Somebody should make a shirt with an electric screwdriver gun on it that says "sodomize all skaters" under it.

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #129 on: August 19, 2013, 01:22:57 PM »
In 6th grade woodshop class my friends and I would go into the drying room and smash people's work to pieces. Kids are cruel, but yeah, Chase has that dead mackerel look in his eyes

This quote and "Decade old rape Laundry" were the highlights of this thread.

Thanks for being such a sick weirdo, Chase. Praise Xenu.

FCN

• Rep: -17
« Reply #130 on: August 19, 2013, 01:32:56 PM »
not only should he lose his job at the berrics, he should probably face criminal charges. at the very least him and steve berra and the berrics should be ostracized out of skating altogether. i have never in my life heard of kids sticking screwdrivers in each other just fucking around.

with that said geoff rowley kills it.

GeorgeHanson

« Reply #131 on: August 19, 2013, 02:16:46 PM »
I think we should all meet up at a designated spot with pitchforks, burning torches even screwdrivers if thats your thing and deliver a bit of the old Slap street justice to old Chase "screwdriver" Gabor.

First one to throw a molotov at berra wins a signed deck from Lizard King.

AfterEight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -81
« Reply #132 on: August 19, 2013, 02:33:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
how do you feel about chase, brink?
[close]

I've only recently become friends with Chase but he's a great dude. That screwdriver story is kinda shocking, indeed. In fact that was NOT the answer I was expecting when I was prompted to ask about it. That said, I'm not gonna sit here and judge him based on some childhood shit and act like I've never done anything mean in my life ... kids do stupid, lame, mean shit. That's not me making an excuse or condoning something like that. It's just the truth.

All the stuff he wouldn't answer was chick related. From day one I discovered that dudes on the show never wanna talk about chick stuff ... likely because it salts their game with said chicks or future ones. That's my guess.

This thread really should derail into fucked up things you did to other kids or had done to you when you were young ... confessions ... that would be more fun I think.
[close]

This is almost as fucked up as what Chase said. I'm hoping that you come up with a better reply or at least some sort of retraction. That whole show was completely fucked up, and I know it likely is no skin off of your balls but I'm unsubscribing from anything that is connected to Ride Channel. I ditched the Berrics after BATB2. It's sincerely distressing to see how flippant you were and are about this.
[close]

Shut the fuck up. Are you going to never read a newspaper again because people died somewhere? Brink is 100% on point. Kids do fucked up shit ALL THE TIME. Have you ever read Lord of the Flies? This theme isn't exactly isolated.

God, you're fucking regular.
[close]

Nice justification.� Kids do fucked up stuff all the time so it's no big deal!� Comparing this to a fictional book?

You might wanna take a second look at that fucking regular comment.

btw, my wife frequently handles cases of child abuse (committed by an adult or another child) and it isn't funny...ever

My point is, why are you having a problem with brink or Ride? Kids do do messed up things all the time. It's brinks job to research the guests, ask them the questions. Chase's own Grandfather told him to ask about 'screwdrivers' without telling him it was about sodomy, but I digress. Nobody is condoning or making a joke out of child abuse. I think if you're angry with brink then you're way off and focusing your energy in the wrong place. Although Weekend Buzz isn't what you'd call serious journalism, they're still there to bring you the truth, whether you like it or not.

I also don't think judging people for what they did as a 10 year old is a fair basis for comparison. It's the same reason legal systems all around the world don't give the same punishments to children. Lord knows I've done my fair share of fucked up things as a young person, but now I'm a responsible adult; most people fall into this category.

police state

• Rep: 22
« Reply #133 on: August 19, 2013, 02:49:54 PM »

1:16
it's okay to hate but you need to apply all hate evenly and fairly.

SEAN PABLO

• Rep: -78

j_u_i_c_y

• Rep: -5
« Reply #135 on: August 19, 2013, 04:29:01 PM »
ANDY ROY?

Chicken in a Can

« Reply #136 on: August 19, 2013, 05:17:26 PM »
read all the thread pages before watching...just squirming waiting for it, geoff was on point with turning around on that part.

I think maybe Chase poked their clothed butts with a screwdriver, or at the most put it down in their ass cracks all teeheehee, but he used the word 'sodomized' which fucked everything up...then again, maybe he really did mean he full-on sodomized some other kids...damn

alright, time for part 2.

FrankAdams

« Reply #137 on: August 19, 2013, 07:18:02 PM »
not only should he lose his job at the berrics, he should probably face criminal charges. at the very least him and steve berra and the berrics should be ostracized out of skating altogether. i have never in my life heard of kids sticking screwdrivers in each other just fucking around.

with that said geoff rowley kills it.

A most interesting post...

benjamindanklin

• Rep: -9
« Reply #138 on: August 19, 2013, 08:06:19 PM »
He also said he tied them up. Doesn't sound like innocent poking.

Also, Mikey Taylor prefers allen key.

D. Bag

« Reply #139 on: August 19, 2013, 09:14:35 PM »
Rape is ONLY funny if being performed on, or, being done by a clown.  Otherwise, it's no laughing matter.

Agreed with Chicken in a Can on not getting your panties in a bunch over this.

Dudes I used to skate with from the population 700 town nearby used to surprise each other with what they referred to as the dreaded "reamer".  When you weren't looking, either a finger or foreign object would find itself jammed into the ass of your pants, sometimes hard enough to practically open your asshole for proper insertion.  Maybe it was young testosterone flowing from a group of dudes who wouldn't see pussy for a few more years, maybe it was the carefree late 80s, who knows what possessed them to find it entertaining, and yes, if you tried to get away, you'd get jumped by a few of 'em and it would happen to you regardless of how much you weren't down for it at the time.  I wouldn't call it rape, but needless to say, it was pretty off-putting to have some dude try to ram a skate tool in your ass when you bent down to grab something.  It was even worse with the thin fabric that seemed to dominate all skate-related clothing in that era. 

Could be Chase did shit along those lines, who knows, but what's with the lynch mob mentality without any proof of anything having happened?  For all you know, he tied up Berra and gently inserted the screwdriver with plenty of proper lube, shit, maybe he even gave him a popper before sticking it in to make it that much better.  I find it all pretty amusing to watch the internet protectors come out (twice in such a short time, an oddity for SLAP) and defend the anal sanctity of young men everywhere over this. 

Chase is still a creepy mofo and I wouldn't trust my backside around him any more than I would GAY, but taking an off the cuff statement and already getting so wound up, it's pretty fucking silly.

Will Easley

« Reply #140 on: August 19, 2013, 09:31:52 PM »
yeah chase is fucking CREEP for that shit. "i guess its pretty big nowadays too". dude can get 10,000% the fuck outta here with that shit. honestly I think Weekend Buzz shouldnt have even put that in the final edit, but i guess its served its purpose of warning everybody else to stay the fuck away from him.

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #141 on: August 19, 2013, 09:43:34 PM »
sometimes ill itch my asshole through my pants and i swear i can still smell shit on my fingers tho

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #142 on: August 19, 2013, 09:45:17 PM »
Anyone rationalizing this has truly lost their shit.  Think about it like he did it to you or your sister or brother or girlfriend or whatever.  It is not trivial.
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

SEAN PABLO

• Rep: -78
« Reply #143 on: August 19, 2013, 09:52:37 PM »
People are shaped by their childhood, chase essentially ruined this kids life.

No one can ever know what kind of longlasting effect something like this can have on a person.

Chase gabor I hate you and if I ever see you I will fight you, I wish nothing more than to see you fail and suffer.

You are scum of the earth and you where the main perpetrator in a sadistic gang rape.

D. Bag

« Reply #144 on: August 19, 2013, 10:14:53 PM »
Anyone rationalizing this has truly lost their shit. ? Think about it like he did it to you or your sister or brother or girlfriend or whatever. ? It is not trivial.

Yeah, it's not trivial because there's SO MUCH fucking evidence that anything actually happened.  Well, there's actually zero evidence, but don't let that stop anyone from getting butthurt themselves over this.

Shit, if I say that I just killed off the entire population of Delaware with the awesome power of my mind while I'm typing this, does that automatically make me a candidate for death row?  I did it, I mean, I REALLY just did it, all by thinking it.  Try calling someone in Dover right now, you won't get an answer, they're all dead because I thought it and took the time to type it out here.  I should be locked up because I'm guilty just like Chase, who needs proof anymore when jumping to conclusions about someone being a child predator is so much more fun? 

You can only trivialize something when there's evidence of damage done.  Sure, if Chase actually stuffed a screwdriver handle directly into some boy's asshole, that shit's wack as fuck.  However, what's also pretty dumb is that anyone actually takes something like his comment as 100% fact without first even knowing if any of it is true.  But, people love to believe what they want to be true, even if it might not be remotely accurate.  I fully understand hating on the dude because of who he works for as well as that he's pretty creepy, but at LEAST spend a moment wrestling with the concept that people are still actually innocent until proven guilty, even if they work for asshole scientologists.

bobforapples

• Rep: -55
« Reply #145 on: August 19, 2013, 10:29:20 PM »
i don't always make up stories, but when i do they are about raping boys with screwdrivers

Will Easley

« Reply #146 on: August 19, 2013, 10:47:59 PM »
Quote from: D. Bag  link=topic=72364.msg1979546#msg1979546 date=1376975693
Expand Quote
Anyone rationalizing this has truly lost their shit. ? Think about it like he did it to you or your sister or brother or girlfriend or whatever. ? It is not trivial.
[close]

Yeah, it's not trivial because there's SO MUCH fucking evidence that anything actually happened.  Well, there's actually zero evidence, but don't let that stop anyone from getting butthurt themselves over this.

Shit, if I say that I just killed off the entire population of Delaware with the awesome power of my mind while I'm typing this, does that automatically make me a candidate for death row?  I did it, I mean, I REALLY just did it, all by thinking it.  Try calling someone in Dover right now, you won't get an answer, they're all dead because I thought it and took the time to type it out here.  I should be locked up because I'm guilty just like Chase, who needs proof anymore when jumping to conclusions about someone being a child predator is so much more fun? 

You can only trivialize something when there's evidence of damage done.  Sure, if Chase actually stuffed a screwdriver handle directly into some boy's asshole, that shit's wack as fuck.  However, what's also pretty dumb is that anyone actually takes something like his comment as 100% fact without first even knowing if any of it is true.  But, people love to believe what they want to be true, even if it might not be remotely accurate.  I fully understand hating on the dude because of who he works for as well as that he's pretty creepy, but at LEAST spend a moment wrestling with the concept that people are still actually innocent until proven guilty, even if they work for asshole scientologists.

Lol it's not like this is just some random SLAP rumor heard through the grapevine, he said he did it himself. I doubt he would just tell a boldface lie saying that he tied up kids & sodomized them just for the laughs. Especially when he had already passed on other questions because he didn't wanna answer them

Charles Smith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #147 on: August 19, 2013, 10:49:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

if it ain't true, he still certainly shouldn't have said it.

Jackburton

« Reply #148 on: August 19, 2013, 11:15:32 PM »

D. Bag

« Reply #149 on: August 20, 2013, 12:05:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Lol it's not like this is just some random SLAP rumor heard through the grapevine, he said he did it himself. I doubt he would just tell a boldface lie saying that he tied up kids & sodomized them just for the laughs. Especially when he had already passed on other questions because he didn't wanna answer them

By that logic, if he was willing to talk about sodomizing young boys with foreign objects and that he should be taken in 100% seriousness, then we MUST assume that Chase has a torture stable filled with young 'uns being raped constantly, and that maybe what he didn't want to talk about was how many he'd killed while trying to pleasure his craving for young flesh.  After all, if sodomy is easy to talk about, we can only imagine what he WON'T talk about!

I know some pretty stupid fucking people, but it would take the cake for someone to publicly, on tape and off the cuff, admit to having committed a potential felony that would haunt them for the rest of their lives and cost them everything in their career.  And, it's not as if we haven't all known some clown who says stupid crap for shock value, but maybe some people here truly have been that sheltered that they've never had anyone talk shit to them before, where nobody has ever made a bad joke just to see how people react to it.

Skaters and people in the skateboard industry say stupid shit jokingly all the time.  I bet if Dill or Dylan had said the same thing, there'd be a thousand fanboys putting Greco-esque screwdriver stencils on their griptape tomorrow morning.  Nobody would take it seriously.  The only factor that is making ANYONE take this shit so seriously is because everyone happens to hate The Berrics and all who are affiliated with it.  His saying "I guess it's pretty big nowadays" should have been the tip-off that he was probably just fucking with everyone (unless you're foolish enough to believe sodomizing boys with foreign objects really is the hot shit these days...), but screw it, I give up.  Everyone can believe what they want, everything said that is captured on film or audio is ALWAYS true even if there's no evidence, I see how things work now. 

I'll buy everyone here their own rape whistle so that, if you run into Chase, you can feel secure knowing you'll be able to draw lots of attention before he can shove something up your butts.