Author Topic: Saints Row IV  (Read 1163 times)

poopnutsupreme

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
Saints Row IV
« on: August 17, 2013, 07:54:09 AM »
Saints Row has always been a more over the top Grand Theft Auto clone. Well the fourth one is about to come out and while the story looks cheesy as hell (which it's always been). Some of the stuff you can do in it looks pretty damn fun and it's getting great reviews already. If you have some extra bucks definitely recommend getting GTA 5 over this but if you can afford both I'd say check this game out.

Saints Row 4 REVIEW - Inside Gaming
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

Will Easley

Re: Saints Row IV
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 08:07:25 AM »
ill probably end up renting it. ive played the first & second saints rows but never really got into them like that, but the superpowers on here look like theyd be a blast to fuck around with. reminds me of that game crackdown, which i fucking loved to play back when i still had my 360

BraveUlysses

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 11:03:08 AM »
Don't they intentionally make the stories corny ?

foureyedjim

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 01:51:52 PM »

They do but along with the over-the-top stuff, it gets so overdone that it just gets annoying
The humor in GTA has always been more clever and I appreciate/enjoy that way more.

DeputyDoses

• Rep: 4
  • I look like Mel Gibson
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 11:06:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They do but along with the over-the-top stuff, it gets so overdone that it just gets annoying
The humor in GTA has always been more clever and I appreciate/enjoy that way more.
My thoughts exactly. The original Saints Row was a lot of fun for me as an alternative to playing other more standard sandbox style games. Even the second game was a lot of fun. After the third and now fourth titles, the over-the-top cheesy story and gameplay seem a bit overdone.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 02:59:01 PM by DeputyDoses »

Enjoi San Jose

• Rep: -38
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 02:10:22 AM »
gta shits on Saints row so hard

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 02:46:42 AM »
Playing it now, this shit is funny. if you liked the third one you're gonna dig it

Will Easley

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2013, 02:51:26 AM »
Have been playing this shit all night and its a fucking blast. I tried the first too saints row games & couldn't really get into them, but THIS shit is actually really fun. The sci-fi storyline & superpowers really make it stand out from all the GTA clones out there. The dialogue is hilarious and there's a ton of pop-culture & video game references everywhere. They even have skytop knockoffs in one of the clothing stores lol. But basically aliens take over the planet & your put into a matrix-like simulation, which is how you get your superpowers. If you've ever played Crackdown you'll have an idea for how the gameplay is, but there's a bit more to it. Of course you got your super sprint & super jump, but you eventually get shit like fire & freeze blasts, telekinesis, & other crazy shit that really fits the whole "over the top" gameplay. I say if you're even halfway interested you should at least rent it & try it out. Again, I DID NOT fuck with all the other saints row games but this shit is pretty damn fun to play. Don't sleep on it

Nick..

• Rep: 10
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2013, 05:47:20 AM »
I'll probably just end up asking my sister to get it for me as a Christmas present. Considering the fact it's in the same city as the third, just with more over the top shit and GTA V is out in less than a month, I'd rather wait for GTA V.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 06:04:05 AM by Nick.. »