Author Topic: Skaters that you think less/more of because of the Internets  (Read 7067 times)

bobforapples

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -55
Re: Skaters that you think less/more of because of the Internets
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2013, 02:43:40 PM »
99 percent of all skaters I have ever met are pieces of shti

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2013, 02:50:03 PM »
I would say I use to really like Shane Heyl back in the day but the web ruined him for me. Also I want to say that I am not making any new threads cause my rep is getting to low.

Luh dat shit

BBNewBN

• Rep: -121
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2013, 03:16:00 PM »
Expand Quote
I would say I use to really like Shane Heyl back in the day but the web ruined him for me. Also I want to say that I am not making any new threads cause my rep is getting to low.
[close]

Luh dat shit
Um, speak english idiot, are you agreeing about loving Shane before or after internet started?

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2013, 03:35:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Luh dat shit - Shane Heyl
[close]
Um, speak english idiot, are you agreeing about loving Shane before or after internet started?

Ehh its a toss up. Never really noticed him in the warner days. His skating is improving and does some rodney mullen type ledge tricks. I do feel he is a bit more annoying sober which doesn't make sense. He is doing good for himself with shake junt and good for him on the sobriety. Sooooo.........yeah.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2013, 05:06:12 PM »
I am a little embarrassed to admit this but prior to the internet I had no idea who Doug Brown was.  

I get this 100 percent.  The internet has done a fantastic job explaining to me why particular skaters are legends.  Cardiel is another example.  I was not skating in the early 2000's  so i didn't really get the hype. Thanks to the internet I now understand why we all hail Cardiel.

Also I'm sig-ing you.

No professional skateboarder will ever live up to the internet's expectation of them.

Rodney Mullen has exceeded all possible expectations. 

more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

Joel Wilson

• Rep: -15
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2013, 05:51:28 PM »
i think more of bbnewbn now ive met him on the web

nowell

• Rep: -153
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2013, 06:15:48 PM »

AfterEight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -81
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2013, 07:07:26 PM »
I'm gonna try and stay positive and only mention people who I like more because of the internet.

#1. David Gravette - that guy just seems really cool. I kind of wish we were IRL friends. I'm talking about his 7-day weekend speech and his Real Street self-torture.

#2. Austyn - his old Crail Couch interview was funny and humble, and his best part is released on youtube through Thrasher, which is amazing.

#3. Alex Olson. "No Not Never" - Some people feel like the Berrics is corny and doesn't really represent what skateboarding is. Alex wasn't afraid to say it and I think that makes him authentic.

#4. Kalis - I grew up watching him in Transworld videos and the DC video, and his Epicly Later'ds only confirmed what I already thought. The guy is just classic cool. And he posts on SLAP (whaddup Kalis, not trying to fan out)

#5. Poppalardo - What goes up, must come down? His Epicly Later'd left me smitten like a girl at a Beiber concert, but then he fell off-hard and the internet just went off on him.

#6. Ellington - The way he handles himself, he just seems like a good person. The way he responded to Strickland's interview, and not going into detail about Antwuan's problems even though we're all dying to know what goes on in his crazy life.

#7. Braydon - This guy just seems cool to party with. Definitely a confident guy and a womanizer; i respect that. He definitely wasn't pro because he was better than everyone at skateboarding.

#8. Marc Suciu - He doesn't say a thing and skates like a game-changing prodigy.

#9: Cyril Jackson - His new DC clip is sick. It's the kind of coverage you want.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 07:13:10 PM by AfterEight »

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2013, 07:37:58 PM »
Expand Quote
I am a little embarrassed to admit this but prior to the internet I had no idea who Doug Brown was.  

[close]

I get this 100 percent.  The internet has done a fantastic job explaining to me why particular skaters are legends.  Cardiel is another example.  I was not skating in the early 2000's  so i didn't really get the hype. Thanks to the internet I now understand why we all hail Cardiel.

Also I'm sig-ing you.

Expand Quote
No professional skateboarder will ever live up to the internet's expectation of them.
[close]

Rodney Mullen has exceeded all possible expectations. 

Much love.

sweat stains

• Rep: 33
  • slap sux
    • Shady Griptape avatar image
damn those yarys bout those squats

MonistatOne

GeorgeHanson

« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2013, 08:55:40 PM »
http://keelandadd.com

Who is this kids manager? (He definitely has a manager)

"Ain't nobody fvcking with my switch"

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 772
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2013, 09:52:18 PM »
I didn't see anything wrong with Stevie in that video. He's totally just slinging that brand really, doing his job telling people who works for Yacht club.

Anyway. Who annoys me. Staba. Loves skating for and plugging Nike yet hasn't had a legitimate part in a long time. I understand he runs skate mental.

nothing's been the since same

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2013, 10:43:30 PM »
Quote from: jgonzalez link takes a c=72621.msg1985176#msg1985176 date=1377665538
I didn't see anything wrong with Stevie in that video. He's totally just slinging that brand really, doing his job telling people who works for Yacht club.

Anyway. Who annoys me. Staba. Loves skating for and plugging Nike yet hasn't had a legitimate part in a long time. I understand he runs skate mental.

'We got the woodgrain....' 'Takes a lot of mental power...' Elle as in Elle magazine...' 

You might like this too:

http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F

Glad he's militant.

"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 317
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2013, 12:59:14 AM »
As much as i respect his skating after following Keelan Dadd on instagram i sort of view him as a kook.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -295
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2013, 03:25:14 AM »
I know a few SLAP heads said it before, but fucking Dill,
After Dylans epicly laterd I have never wanted to punch someone in
the face as much as him.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2013, 03:34:09 AM »
Keelan Dadd can fuck off. He may be good at skating, but I hate people like him.

Conor Thunderson

« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2013, 03:56:19 AM »
#9: Cyril Jackson - His new DC clip is sick. It's the kind of coverage you want.

didn't think i'd dig this guy, but he comes off as a pretty regular, and fun dude to hang around.  definitely talented.

Useless Wooden Bench

• Rep: 159
    • Pappy avatar image

AfterEight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -81
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2013, 04:53:03 AM »

TheKraken

• Rep: -19
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2013, 05:59:56 AM »
Gained respect for Beagle, gotta be the hardest working filmer in skateboarding. Atiba`s like that too but you heard about him more in mags etc.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2013, 07:43:03 AM »
Dill is a given. He can't help himself.

I kind of think a lot less of DGK in general. Stevie, Keelan and even Kalis kooking themselves away.

I don't use twitter or instagram, so I'm glad I've missed a lot of Berra and Koston fuck ups.

"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

Conor Thunderson

« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2013, 08:17:18 AM »

i actually like staba more now.  whereas before i thought he was just some arrogant hipster...now i uhh...think hes a funny arrogant hipster.

also liked is BAs epicly latered when staba talks shit while skeet shooting.

trillytrill

• Rep: 10
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2013, 08:47:40 AM »

Well he's not on the actual team so plugging the product/company is probably his main job

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2013, 08:57:29 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i actually like staba more now.  whereas before i thought he was just some arrogant hipster...now i uhh...think hes a funny arrogant hipster.

also liked is BAs epicly latered when staba talks shit while skeet shooting.

I'd rather hear Staba being funny than Stevie and co acting out a low budget black sopranos skit.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2013, 09:35:01 AM »
Dill and Berra sucked back in the dial up days.

Affirmative Axion

• Rep: 11
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2013, 07:21:39 PM »
Heath Kirchart: No profiles or any of that garbage. He stayed the same which to me backs up why he is my favorite pro.

Spanky put it well @ 2:50
I also like the things J. Strickland had to say, one being "He's always down to fuck shit up"

Camp Grunge

• Rep: -7
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2013, 09:15:20 PM »
I think more of every pro skater that doesnt make stupid lifestyle vids about how artsy they are

geneparmesan

• Rep: 21
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2013, 10:05:38 PM »
Dylan. for both.  The internet gave us his Gravis part, which is untouchable, and then showed us he's a complete idiot that paints his nails and talks about hating logos while his alien workshop tattoo is clearly visible.  Also, that dark antiques video:

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2013, 06:35:57 AM »
Dylan. for both.  The internet gave us his Gravis part, which is untouchable, and then showed us he's a complete idiot that paints his nails and talks about hating logos while his alien workshop tattoo is clearly visible.  Also, that dark antiques video:

Was this a piss take? Or are there really people like this in NY?