Author Topic: Steve Rocco  (Read 1837 times)

Aatila

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
Steve Rocco
« on: September 11, 2013, 05:32:03 PM »
sorry is abp.  He did help change the skate game regardless of opinion.  If he didnt step in who knows what would happen...
http://www.deadhippieportfolio.com/b-sides/2013/9/5/the-man-who-sold-the-world-02-steve-rocco-interview-plus-bon.html

sonny sharrock

• Rep: 4
Re: Steve Rocco
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 10:56:16 AM »
Skateboarding's popularity was down the toilet by 1990 so it could have gone in many different directions. I agree that Rocco put the "Fuck You" spirit into skateboarding that it needed at that time and made the other companies wise up and switch their shit up as well as showing skaters that they could run their own shit.

Love that infographic showing all the companies that spawned directly or indirectly from Rocco's companies.

Jared

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • Die Slow
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 04:31:05 PM »
Skateboarding's popularity was down the toilet by 1990 so it could have gone in many different directions. I agree that Rocco put the "Fuck You" spirit into skateboarding that it needed at that time and made the other companies wise up and switch their shit up as well as showing skaters that they could run their own shit.

Love that infographic showing all the companies that spawned directly or indirectly from Rocco's companies.

I've been trying to find that for a while now....

harrison ford invented the first car, in America

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 02:55:51 AM »
everyone needs to watch this Rocco documentary. it's pretty on-point.

Steve Rocco | The Man Who Souled The World | Full Documentary

this man completely changed and revolutionized skateboarding.