Author Topic: Crazy Christian Fundie Thread  (Read 1477 times)

Mentos

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Crazy Christian Fundie Thread
« on: December 14, 2006, 04:39:47 PM »
Some of the stuff they say is just jaw dropping.
http://www.fstdt.com/top100.asp

-"AIDS is caused by immoral behavior, not by a virus."

-"You got it backwards.
Creationism is based upon science, reason and tons of evidence.
Evolution is based on the blind acceptance of superstitions and fairy tales."

-"As far as gay couples or singles adopting; What are we thinking? Being gay is being sexually deviant to begin with. Why do we think that they are not going to molest their adopted children? I think though,that molestation would be more of a problem with the men. I think that women gay or otherwise, have an innate sense of just wanting to rear children.

When my oldest son was just 3 years old, my gay brother asked if he could take a walk with him. Now as far as I know my brother has never molested any children. At first I didn't find the request strange and let my son go with him. After all they were just taking a walk around the neighborhood. While they were gone though, I got this terrible feeling. It may have been the Holy Spirit giving me warning or just maybe my over sense of protectiveness. But I decided that if they were not back in a few minutes I was going after them. They did come back in just a few minutes, but I never got over that feeling. I determined right then and there that I would never let my young son alone with him. Now, if I could feel that way about my own brother, who I love, then something is just not right. I just don't trust gay men to not try and molest little children."

-"But God don't talk in Arabic. He talks in a REAL language, namely, English. It's true that back in them days He translated that to some other language after Speaking it in English, but after all, it's His universe and He can do what He doggone well wants to do."

« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 05:07:48 PM by Mentos »

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
  • All up in your photo !
Re: Crazy Christian Fundie Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 05:05:31 PM »
See Jesus Camp yet ?
...can't believe this thread brought Donnie Murdo out of the woodwork!

deluxe_six

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -52
  • I'm happy, won't you be happy with me?
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 05:28:44 PM »
Jesus.

fuckingvegan

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 06:34:44 PM »
Funny that most child molesters are straight. 

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 09:16:33 PM »
I'm reposting this, but it was made for a thread like this:
http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1701165

lophatrophazoa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
  • breathmint please
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2006, 09:28:51 PM »
"A person who sold a slave did not make God sick like watching two men do it."

"There are a lot of things I have concluded to be wrong, without studying them in-depth. Evolution is one of them. The fact that I don't know that much about it does not bother me in the least."

"I appreciate your recommendation, and it is intriguing, but as a pro-lifer, I cannot support an organization that is opposed to the death penalty."

"I often debate with evolutionists because I believe that they are narrow mindedly and dogmatically accepting evolution without questioning it. I don't really care how God did what He did. I know He did it."

"How can anyone beleive we evolved from monkeys heres a few questions for people who beleive that

1.If we did evolve from monkeys then how come babies arent born monkeys

2.Even Darwin said his theories were wrong before he died so why do you still believe them

3.do you really not believe the bible it says we were created in seven days not millions of years

4.how come we cant speak monkey

Just for a fact ape like creatures are monkeys Just in case certain people get on this thread"
"Front row tickets to a bomb ass play"
Quote from: Matze
i moved to my city 1 year ago and i'm becomming a little hero here ... everybody thinks that i'm really cool, even the girls fight each other because of me. people are talking how a cool guy i am and stuff.

k-nutz

• Rep: 49
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2006, 09:38:56 PM »
hey guys!  how about we break out the broad paint brush!

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2006, 10:22:39 PM »
It's not really a paintbrush thread when you're limiting the topic to crazy christian fundies, is it? They're like a special flavor of crazy.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • tiger style
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2006, 06:55:58 AM »
I didn't look at their site but based on the quotes here they seem like an especially stupid flavor of christian extremism.

I have a friend of mine who is a Rice Alumni and one of the smarter guys I know. He is dogmatic about his beliefs but he also knows when and where he has to pull out the "too complex for humans to understand" card and he isn't dismissive about science. He also concedes on things like preordained destiny and the lack of equity in christian morality.

I guess what I am trying to say is that you can have faith without being a stupid ass about it.

k-nutz

• Rep: 49
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2006, 08:18:34 AM »
It's not really a paintbrush thread when you're limiting the topic to crazy christian fundies, is it? They're like a special flavor of crazy.

fair enough. 

plastic bench nerd

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2006, 08:24:00 AM »

"There are a lot of things I have concluded to be wrong, without studying them in-depth. Evolution is one of them. The fact that I don't know that much about it does not bother me in the least."

"I appreciate your recommendation, and it is intriguing, but as a pro-lifer, I cannot support an organization that is opposed to the death penalty."

"I often debate with evolutionists because I believe that they are narrow mindedly and dogmatically accepting evolution without questioning it. I don't really care how God did what He did. I know He did it."

"How can anyone beleive we evolved from monkeys heres a few questions for people who beleive that

2.Even Darwin said his theories were wrong before he died so why do you still believe them

3.do you really not believe the bible it says we were created in seven days not millions of years

Just for a fact ape like creatures are monkeys Just in case certain people get on this thread"

i would trust a monkey over a human any day of the week. im currently rounding up primates to take over the world. most vertical primate for president.

deluxe_six

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -52
  • I'm happy, won't you be happy with me?
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2006, 10:48:20 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i would trust a monkey over a human any day of the week. im currently rounding up primates to take over the world. most vertical primate for president.

Brown Cords

• Rep: 0
  • Ironic Owl Avatar
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2006, 02:06:57 PM »

tehmizzark

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 17
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2006, 07:42:24 PM »

wow thats freakin hilarious bro Ive never seen that comparison this whole thread is so on point