Author Topic: Moscow skateshops?  (Read 1141 times)

metsuri

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 16
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Moscow skateshops?
« on: October 07, 2013, 03:03:39 AM »
Moscow pals attention, what's the go-to-skateshop in Moscow? The name DRUZHBA came up and I'm gonna check that out, anything else? I'll be staying near/in the center, so anything close to that would be appreciated. Going to visit my parents with my wife and kid so I'm not going to venture out to the suburbs.

What's the price range like? I'm from Finland so I'm used to expensive shit. Or actually paying a shitload for stuff that isn't too expensive to begin with.

tidwid

• Rep: 0
Re: Moscow skateshops?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 08:21:40 PM »
Destroy is the only one I went to, it's got a really good seleksh. Boards are from 900-3000Roubles (30-100US), shoes are expensive, clothes are expensive, but wheels and trucks and the important things are not bad.

It's at Tulskaya metro station, which is three stops from Biblioteka in the centre (next to the Kremlin). Check a map, I think it's on the gray line. It's in a weird cool kid mall called roller something, you have to go a block west form the metro, a little tricky.

Most of the real shops have closed due to internet shops.

http://skateboarding.ru/
you can translate shit, but go to Споты, to get directions to spots. I'd recommend Kaluzhskaya, Theater Square (front of Bolshoi) Park pobyedi, and Arbat for ledges. Gorki Park has two skateparks in it that don't suck...

metsuri

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 16
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 01:35:31 AM »
Destroy is the only one I went to, it's got a really good seleksh. Boards are from 900-3000Roubles (30-100US), shoes are expensive, clothes are expensive, but wheels and trucks and the important things are not bad.

It's at Tulskaya metro station, which is three stops from Biblioteka in the centre (next to the Kremlin). Check a map, I think it's on the gray line. It's in a weird cool kid mall called roller something, you have to go a block west form the metro, a little tricky.

Most of the real shops have closed due to internet shops.

http://skateboarding.ru/
you can translate shit, but go to Споты, to get directions to spots. I'd recommend Kaluzhskaya, Theater Square (front of Bolshoi) Park pobyedi, and Arbat for ledges. Gorki Park has two skateparks in it that don't suck...

Thanks man, I'll try and check that out. Unfortunately I won't have time to skate but I've skated there plenty years ago. I know it's awesome.

tidwid

• Rep: 0
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 07:07:15 PM »
No problem!