Author Topic: The N word  (Read 5426 times)

pencil

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -131
  • my other account is abudabi
Re: The N word
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2013, 09:31:49 PM »
paging will easley
would you rather read an abudabi post or have a screwdriver shoved up your ass?

Joe Pesci

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2013, 09:34:28 PM »

pencil

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2013, 09:39:57 PM »

Randozzi

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2013, 09:42:05 PM »
like all words it is in the context of how you use it.
while it is one of the least used words i've ever used i have been told by other to say it in their presence. all where black and wanted me to hear it because i wouldn't say it. like it was a treat for them to get it out of me or something. to me, the first connotation is negative. i think that's the same for about 90% of the population. but it all depends on the context.

pencil

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2013, 10:21:05 PM »
I made my girlfriend at the time really angry and she literally called me "Fucking Nigger."  I don't think I ever laughed so hard... I then, of course, had to make her work it into our sex talk.

word, thats cool.

is SLAP cool with interracial love making?

Matze

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2013, 12:46:17 AM »
^^hell yeah!

I remeber I used it once to say hi to a black friend, "whatup nigga" or something like that. people around us thought that's pretty racist, but he "allowed" to use the word. haven't used it since then, but then again I live in germany and it's not relevant. I call my gay friends "faggot" and we have a laugh about it.

DJSoftspot

• Rep: 0
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2013, 02:50:17 AM »
I met some Korean guy yesterday ( I live in Korea) who referred to the fat guy from Abbot and Costello as "a famous nigger actor". I couldn't help but laugh. I'm pretty sure he was serious though.

He also told me saying that baseball joke will get me girls

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2013, 07:07:24 AM »
Expand Quote
I made my girlfriend at the time really angry and she literally called me "Fucking Nigger."?  I don't think I ever laughed so hard... I then, of course, had to make her work it into our sex talk.
[close]

word, thats cool.

is SLAP cool with interracial love making?

I feel it's my duty in life to create mixed babies...for peace.  Plus white girls be all like, i'm going to watch keeping up with the Kardashians and not clean or make you dinner now.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2013, 07:23:13 AM »
  Plus white girls be all like, i'm going to watch keeping up with the Kardashians and not clean or make you dinner now.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Hipster Runoff

• Rep: -25
    • www.hipsterrunoff.com avatar image
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2013, 08:00:03 AM »
It's 'alright' for black ppl to say 'the n-word', but when white ppl say it, it kinda gives off slave master vibes. white people probably enjoy hearing black ppl say 'the n-word' because it reminds them of slavery & black self-hate.

just some background:

i grew up in 'The Suburbs' [via Arcade Fire] and went to a 99% white catholic school. we 'smoked a lot of pot' and watched the chappelle show 'all the time'. i think our 'token black friend' got tired of us always using the n-word around him. anyways, i started listening to tons of rap music and i went to journalism school to write about black issues.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 08:40:41 AM by Hipster Runoff »

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
  • tiger style
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2013, 08:20:56 AM »
It's 'alright' for black ppl to say 'the n-word', but when white ppl say it, it kinda gives off slave master vibes. white people probably enjoy hearing black ppl say 'the n-word' because it reminds them of slavery & black self-hate.

isn't it possible that a lot of white people are apathetic and just don't give a shit? i hate this idea that everyone has to have an opinion about this that affects how the feel and act in the present. not everyone is thinking about that shit all the time. its just another ugly piece of history and doesn't really stand out from all other horrible shit in history.

_aminal

• Rep: -8
  • win some, lose most.
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2013, 11:09:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

isn't it possible that a lot of white people are apathetic and just don't give a shit? i hate this idea that everyone has to have an opinion about this that affects how the feel and act in the present. not everyone is thinking about that shit all the time. its just another ugly piece of history and doesn't really stand out from all other horrible shit in history.

just because it doesnt directly have an effect on yr apathetic attitude, doesn't mean it isn't a deeply rooted issue in other peoples lives.

i just use the word when it applies.

Ed's impossibles are like gonzs kickflips....

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2013, 11:26:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

So you don't have an opinion about slavery?

.....good to know.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3290
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2013, 11:36:02 AM »
Expand Quote
  Plus white girls be all like, i'm going to watch keeping up with the Kardashians and not clean or make you dinner now.
[close]

This gif is the first thing I've seen that makes me believe in the idea of Google Glass. You see, if I had that li'l dude looping all day every day in the upper right part of my view I'd go around with a smile on my face and I'd probably be nicer to people.

Johnny Rocketflips

• Rep: -33
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2013, 03:09:09 AM »
It's hilarious how upset the americans get over a word.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2013, 09:51:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

.....good to know.

what slavery are you referring too?

1 Origins
2 Europe
2.1 Classic era
2.1.1 Ancient Greece
2.1.2 Rome
2.1.3 Celtic Tribes
2.2 Middle Ages
2.2.1 Islamic powers
2.2.2 Mongols
2.2.3 The Vikings and Scandinavia
2.3 New Era
2.3.1 Portugal
2.3.2 Spain
2.3.3 Netherlands
2.3.4 Great Britain and Ireland
2.3.5 Barbary Corsairs
2.3.6 Atlantic slave trade
2.4 Modern Europe
3 Africa
3.1 Sub-Saharan Africa
3.1.1 Christian Slaves
3.1.2 African participation in the slave trade
3.2 Modern times
4 The Americas
4.1 Among indigenous peoples
4.2 Brazil
4.2.1 Resistance and abolition
4.3 Other South American countries
4.4 British and French Caribbean
4.5 New Zealand
4.6 North America
4.6.1 Early events
4.6.2 Slavery in American colonial law
4.6.3 Development of slavery
4.6.4 Early United States law
4.6.5 Civil War
5 Asia
6 Oceania
6.1 Hawaii
6.2 New Zealand
6.3 Chatham Islands
6.4 Rapa Nui / Easter Island
7 Abolitionist movements
7.1 Britain
7.2 France

my point is that there's a lot of bad shit that happened in history and not everyone gives a shit about every atrocity that ever happened on the level that they think about people in their day to day life from a historical perspective. i'd imagine that most people don't give a shit either way and the last thing they think about when they meet is black guy is slavery, just like your not thinking about the holocaust when you meet a Jewish person or genocide when you meet an American Indian. or do you not think that the statement below is ridiculous?

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2013, 09:35:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

.....good to know.
[close]

slav?er?y 
/ˈslāvərē/

Noun

1.   The state of being a slave.
 2.  The practice or system of owning slaves.

This kind.

I've noticed that you're sort of an undercover biggot since that thread about the chick who posted stories about dudes she'd fucked to the internet, but I'm sure by the standards of a person from Texas you're not that bad (at least you don't vote republican). Regardless, I'm going to give you my idea of why what you are saying is regular.

The word 'nigger' is the product of a system of belief that enslaved Africans and other dark skinned people for centuries, which I am not cool with. I can totally understand you not approaching every interaction in your everyday life based on historical context; its just that with words, all you really have to do is think through this context once and, if you find you have a moral objection to that word's role in history, just choose not to include it in your vocabulary. The power relations that result from the accumulation of cultural biases throughout history are still present in all those daily interactions, in spite of (or even because of) the fact that people are apathetic to them.

And I do think that Hipster Runoff's statement is a bit ridiculous in that it's a generalization. It's probably true though that some racist people enjoy hearing black people use 'the N word' because it legitimizes their own conception of black people as 'niggers'.

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2013, 09:44:57 PM »

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2013, 09:54:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

.....good to know.
[close]

[close]

slav?er?y 
/ˈslāvərē/

Noun

1.   The state of being a slave.
 2.  The practice or system of owning slaves.

This kind.

I've noticed that you're sort of an undercover biggot since that thread about the chick who posted stories about dudes she'd fucked to the internet, but I'm sure by the standards of a person from Texas you're not that bad (at least you don't vote republican). Regardless, I'm going to give you my idea of why what you are saying is regular.

The word 'nigger' is the product of a system of belief that enslaved Africans and other dark skinned people for centuries, which I am not cool with. I can totally understand you not approaching every interaction in your everyday life based on historical context; its just that with words, all you really have to do is think through this context once and, if you find you have a moral objection to that word's role in history, just choose not to include it in your vocabulary. The power relations that result from the accumulation of cultural biases throughout history are still present in all those daily interactions, in spite of (or even because of) the fact that people are apathetic to them.

And I do think that Hipster Runoff's statement is a bit ridiculous in that it's a generalization. It's probably true though that some racist people enjoy hearing black people use 'the N word' because it legitimizes their own conception of black people as 'niggers'.

so funny, how you use a negative generalization about people from texas to call me a biggot. there's that same pc hypocrisy again.

not sure if you read my post but i made no reference to caring one way or another about the n word. my comments were only in reply to hipsters statement that white people like hearing the n word and how ridiculous that way of thinking is.

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2013, 09:56:28 PM »

hekkahyphy

« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2013, 12:43:14 AM »
i dont mind it but the moment someone says it, pauses and says "no offense..."

foureyedjim

« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2013, 12:51:59 AM »

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2013, 01:14:43 AM »
sleazy the world's most persecuted white male

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2013, 01:22:12 AM »
i only date/fuck white girls becuz of what the white man has done to my race  :-*

Johnny Rocketflips

• Rep: -33
« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2013, 01:37:04 AM »
black people are niggers. no biggie, deal with it.

Greg Road

« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2013, 07:27:46 AM »
I rode up in the elevator the other day with 3 niggas and they must have said nigga a dozen times within like 30 seconds. It was ridiculous.