Author Topic: Horror Movies  (Read 20064 times)

tranny in the streets

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 12
  • Gronk
Re: Horror Movies
« Reply #120 on: October 29, 2019, 01:09:16 AM »
Has anyone bothered checking out the latest Chucky? I know it's old news by now but I got reminded of it the other day and Aubrey Plaza being on it makes me want to watch it but I cant see it being that good.

I saw it a couple weeks ago. I wouldn't say it's the best movie in the world, but it's a slightly interesting modern day take on the old murder doll. I fucking still hate Chucky, even after all these years.

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #121 on: October 29, 2019, 03:51:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I watched The Autopsy of Jane Doe a few hours ago and it gave me a good scare in a few scenes.
I'd recommend it if you're into the paranormal and a bit of jump scare action.
[close]

Jump scares are the antithesis of horror, they appeal to the lowest common denominator.

Expand Quote
Not a huge horror fan myself, but my buddy who is recommended "Terrified" to me. Apparently it's some crazy Argentinean film that will make you sleep with the lights on.
[close]

If paranormal (ghost) movies make you sleep with the lights on, you've got bigger problems.
[close]

Damn dude... you're so right. I'm SO sorry for enjoying something you don't.
[close]

Don't worry about it, the lowest common denominator also happens to be the majority, so you're not alone.
[close]

It's funny you act so uppity about one of the, if not the, least respected film genres.

Lighten up fucko.
[close]

Have a gnar for usage of the word "fucko".

Love it.
Fucko great term, I also enjoy "fuckstick" "fucknuts" "fucktards"
Dueces Bitch's

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #122 on: October 29, 2019, 04:26:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Watch Creep and Creep 2
[close]
See that’s what I mean when uncomfortable movies make me feel.

Creep was definitely a rad movie for someone who hasn’t seen it.
[close]
i watched the first one on netflix a while ago, it was creative but not very scary. I saw this movie the witch on netflix too, it’s kinda weird because they speak in old english but had some creepy stuff

Yea the Witch was sketchy for sure.

Audrey II

• Rep: 14183
« Reply #123 on: October 29, 2019, 06:48:26 AM »
made my roomate watch ernest scared stupid for the first time the other night. that movie is a must watch for october, know what i mean vern?
You got questions? Ask me like a fucking man. You know my Insta.

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #124 on: October 29, 2019, 07:45:52 AM »
3 From Hell is up on Youtube. Watch it before it gets taken down!

Edit: I started to watch it and the video is definitely fucked up (I've seen the actual movie a number of times already). The editing is funky. But.....it's watchable.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 07:49:21 AM by DanTheDoucher »
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

Omars_Dad

• Rep: 61
« Reply #125 on: October 29, 2019, 10:10:24 AM »
I always enjoy The People Under the Stairs this time of the year. It's not really scary or particularly gorey, and there are few plot holes but it's one of the more fun Wes Craven movies that tends to get overlooked. If you're a Twin Peaks fan, you'll recognize Big Ed and Nadine right away, those two really make the flick. It also has the pitcher from the SandLot and the girl with the mole on her face from My So Called life.

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #126 on: October 29, 2019, 11:05:57 AM »
I always enjoy The People Under the Stairs this time of the year. It's not really scary or particularly gorey, and there are few plot holes but it's one of the more fun Wes Craven movies that tends to get overlooked. If you're a Twin Peaks fan, you'll recognize Big Ed and Nadine right away, those two really make the flick. It also has the pitcher from the SandLot and the girl with the mole on her face from My So Called life.

That's a good one too I remember finding that VHS tape in a thrift store that's been a gem in my stash of movies as of late.  The trailer scared the shit outta me as a kid, still a creepy movie if you think about it.

Ed and Nadine make  great psychopaths I think this was their best and notable work post original Twin Peaks.
Dueces Bitch's

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #127 on: October 29, 2019, 11:38:48 AM »
Speaking of Wes Craven, I saw New Nightmare for the first time recently.
I didn't know it was gonna be a meta take on the series, didn't really love it.

Been watching a lot of Cronenberg movies lately.
The Fly for like the fifth time, & Crash, History of Violence, and Eastern Promises all for the first time.

Not sure if this is a hot take, but Dead Ringers is my favorite of his, and I think Scanners (besides a couple head explosion scenes) was kinda bad.

Omars_Dad

« Reply #128 on: October 29, 2019, 12:15:28 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
That's a good one too I remember finding that VHS tape in a thrift store that's been a gem in my stash of movies as of late.  The trailer scared the shit outta me as a kid, still a creepy movie if you think about it.

Ed and Nadine make  great psychopaths I think this was their best and notable work post original Twin Peaks.

Ed and Nadine are so good! I always sort of wonder about there being some Dom/Sub/Incest weirdness between them because of the gimp suit. Not that I love all the reboots coming out in hollywood right now, but I think Jordan Peele could give us a really awesome take on this one, already looking forward to his vision for Candyman. Speaking of Candyman, thats obviously another horror classic for this time of the year, great score, Tony Todd, and Virginia Madsen's tits!

Omars_Dad

« Reply #129 on: October 29, 2019, 12:19:33 PM »
Speaking of Wes Craven, I saw New Nightmare for the first time recently.
I didn't know it was gonna be a meta take on the series, didn't really love it.

Been watching a lot of Cronenberg movies lately.
The Fly for like the fifth time, & Crash, History of Violence, and Eastern Promises all for the first time.

Not sure if this is a hot take, but Dead Ringers is my favorite of his, and I think Scanners (besides a couple head explosion scenes) was kinda bad.

New Nightmare isn't too bad, gotta look at it as practice for Scream which is obviously fucking awesome. I think Drew Barrymore's death in Scream is so fucking raw and graphic, one of the harder to watch death scenes in any horror movie. I've actually never seen The Fly but I'm really thinking I should check it out, I've seen some screen shots here and there...and man, it looks pretty gnarly

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #130 on: October 29, 2019, 01:12:10 PM »
Just finished 3 from hell, meghhh I could've not seen it and felt the same way.  It was okay at best I get what this Director is doing and it seems a bit too try hard. He's channeling Robert Rodriguez  and Tarantino and it sucks.

Stick to what you know and that's shitty music btw this is the same D-bag that was pissing and moaning about a skate park being too close to his house at night. 

Btw it has Pancho Moler as well in it, before you ask yes Think Pancho Moler.

Dueces Bitch's

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #131 on: October 29, 2019, 01:14:18 PM »
Just finished 3 from hell, meghhh I could've not seen it and felt the same way.  It was okay at best I get what this Director is doing and it seems a bit too try hard. He's channeling Robert Rodriguez  and Tarantino and it sucks.

Stick to what you know and that's shitty music btw this is the same D-bag that was pissing and moaning about a skate park being too close to his house at night. 

I love how Pancho's part is pivotal to how the movie ends.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #132 on: October 29, 2019, 01:40:09 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I love how Pancho's part is pivotal to how the movie ends.
It was a decent at best and again I cannot stress this enough. It seemed too forced and contrived it should've ended at Devils Rejects.
Dueces Bitch's

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #133 on: October 30, 2019, 07:13:32 PM »
Ok most of this is recent and streamable

Good and creepy:
The Witch
Creep and a Creep 2
The Devils Candy
A Dark Song

More funny than scary but good:
Crush the Skull
Deathgasm
Cabin in the woods

Insidious/Conjuring/Annabelle and all those are from the same camp and pretty good

The Ritual was decent

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
« Reply #134 on: October 30, 2019, 07:20:59 PM »
has anyone seen sleepwalkers? it's funnier and campier than it is scary but it's worth watching.

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 135
« Reply #135 on: October 30, 2019, 08:32:52 PM »
Just watched an intense psychological thriller out of Austria called Goodnight Mommy.
I highly recommend checking it out.

The actress that played the mother, Susanne Wuest, actually had her face superglued and let a cockroach crawl into her mouth.

SSBS1080CBBSNP

• Rep: 18
« Reply #136 on: October 31, 2019, 12:27:27 AM »
The Witch anybody seen the new Lighthouse flick by the same director?

Hereditary
Babadook
Funny Games
Pumpkinhead
Holloween lll
Martin

Goodnight Mommy looks fucked. Definitely going to check it.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 12:53:04 AM by SSBS1080CBBSNP »

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
« Reply #137 on: October 31, 2019, 06:17:44 AM »
Just watched an intense psychological thriller out of Austria called Goodnight Mommy.

The actress that played the mother, Susanne Wuest, actually had her face superglued and let a cockroach crawl into her mouth.

This movie is so good and creepy.
Maybe look into Ecoute the French movie, there's a great old school scare scene.

On a kinda horror movie note, I was flying interstate last night with the missus (who piss scared of flying) and just as we're taxiing to the runway I stupidly turn and say:

"You know what I'm gonna watch when I get home? Final Destination"

What was I thinking?
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #138 on: October 31, 2019, 06:24:11 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Maybe look into Ecoute the French movie, there's a great old school scare scene.

On a kinda horror movie note, I was flying interstate last night with the missus (who piss scared of flying) and just as we're taxiing to the runway I stupidly turn and say:

What was I thinking?

Definitely sounds like a scary situation
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

theSketchLord

• https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
« Reply #139 on: October 31, 2019, 07:12:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

What was I thinking?

[close]

If you call an entire flight of the silent treatment then tea, it was terrifying. Especially when we hit turbulence.
Plus I didn't even end up watching Final Destination

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 135
« Reply #140 on: October 31, 2019, 08:20:24 AM »
The Witch anybody seen the new Lighthouse flick by the same director?

Hereditary
Babadook
Funny Games
Pumpkinhead
Holloween lll
Martin

Goodnight Mommy looks fucked. Definitely going to check it.

Haven't seen it yet, but I'm really looking forward to it.

You should definitely watch Goodnight Mommy though. Honestly one of the best films I've watching in a while.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #141 on: October 31, 2019, 08:53:27 AM »
Real confession: I think the original theatrical version of Midsommar is a better overall movie than the director's cut

theSketchLord

« Reply #142 on: October 31, 2019, 09:18:39 AM »
Any love for Michael Haneke?
Funny Games is probably his most popular, Cache is good but The White Ribbon is just fucking stunning.
More uneasy than straight horror, plus is looks absolutely amazing.

Also Ben Wheatley, A Field in England, Sightseers, Down Terrace and The Kill List are all worth tracking down.

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #143 on: October 31, 2019, 01:01:54 PM »
Watched the newest Halloween (2018) last night and was a lot better than I expected for some reason.

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #144 on: October 31, 2019, 01:10:15 PM »
Watched the newest Halloween (2018) last night and was a lot better than I expected for some reason.
Saw it too I wasn't expecting that much but I was thoroughly impressed, the ending was killer. Good job Blumhouse good job.
Dueces Bitch's

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #145 on: October 31, 2019, 01:33:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Saw it too I wasn't expecting that much but I was thoroughly impressed, the ending was killer. Good job Blumhouse good job.

Blumhouse usually comes through. Pretty reticent of this new Halloween but I'm inclined to peep game now.
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #146 on: November 01, 2019, 12:51:43 AM »
did anyone watch hereditary? that was pretty creepy.

You right. Also watched Annabelle: Creation tonight. Surprised how creepy, way better than first Annabelle.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #147 on: November 01, 2019, 06:02:18 PM »
The Invitation was cool

SSBS1080CBBSNP

• Rep: 18
« Reply #148 on: November 01, 2019, 10:59:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Quote from: Gnarfunkell link=topic=73549.msg3145044#msg3145044  date=1572492772
Expand Quote

[close]

What was I thinking?

[close]

[close]

If you call an entire flight of the silent treatment then tea, it was terrifying. Especially when we hit turbulence.
Plus I didn't even end up watching Final Destination

I once sat next to fairly nice, jittery ol fella who during the course of a long flight did and said some bizarre things. One of those things was the decision to watch the near plane disaster movie Sully to calm his nerves. I remember durning some scene of general panic during the movie he turned to me with headphones in, a mouth full of pretzels and wide eyed exclaimed, “This is GREAT!” (pointing to his monitor).

Also, I watched Goodnight Mommy. Liked it a lot. That bed scene at the end is a doozy. The whole flick leaves you questioning everything. The forests of Germany/Austria look magical.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #149 on: November 03, 2019, 08:17:06 PM »
So over the weekend i watched two horror flicks. In the tall grass on netflix, i thought it was pretty good, some things kinda confused me toward the end but overall i liked the idea of it. I also checked out that movie called Open house, thought it was great until the end when it just pissed me off, nothing was explained, the killer was never seen/no motive shown, it actually irritated me so much cause the idea was good but in the end just huge disappointment.

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up