Author Topic: Horror Movies  (Read 20069 times)

WastedHippy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
Re: Horror Movies
« Reply #90 on: October 22, 2019, 01:20:52 PM »
Has anyone bothered checking out the latest Chucky? I know it's old news by now but I got reminded of it the other day and Aubrey Plaza being on it makes me want to watch it but I cant see it being that good.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
« Reply #91 on: October 22, 2019, 01:30:11 PM »
Watched this the other night. It was so-so, but the title takes it.

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 135
« Reply #92 on: October 22, 2019, 08:10:22 PM »
I watched The Autopsy of Jane Doe a few hours ago and it gave me a good scare in a few scenes.
I'd recommend it if you're into the paranormal and a bit of jump scare action.

Hairy Ballsagna

• Rep: 32
« Reply #93 on: October 22, 2019, 10:38:52 PM »
Us and Get Out are good.

The Woman in Black is one of my favorites from recent years.

Castle Rock, a series on Hulu, was great.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #94 on: October 23, 2019, 06:56:06 AM »
Not a huge horror fan myself, but my buddy who is recommended "Terrified" to me. Apparently it's some crazy Argentinean film that will make you sleep with the lights on.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #95 on: October 23, 2019, 11:10:18 PM »
Not a huge horror fan myself, but my buddy who is recommended "Terrified" to me. Apparently it's some crazy Argentinean film that will make you sleep with the lights on.

I  always get disappointed by things like that, i havent been scared by a movie in years and years so i like the idea of a film getting to me but everytime i watch something thats meant to be terrifying, it dosent quite do the job

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #96 on: October 24, 2019, 09:49:36 AM »
And "It" always scared the shit outta me. That fucking clown.
Everyone's bummed on the remake and I for one think it was great, yeah it could've been better holding it truer to the book albeit the 50's and 80's and somehow subtly implied the losers club orgy . Also the Patrick Hockstetter Henry Bowers  sexual tension with Patrick's dead animals fetish, would have given his gang some backstory.

Also Christine makes a brief cameo in the book too
Dueces Bitch's

Rick_Kane

« Reply #97 on: October 27, 2019, 05:36:56 PM »
I watched The Autopsy of Jane Doe a few hours ago and it gave me a good scare in a few scenes.

Jump scares are the antithesis of horror, they appeal to the lowest common denominator.

If paranormal (ghost) movies make you sleep with the lights on, you've got bigger problems.

LemThurdy

• Rep: -15
« Reply #98 on: October 27, 2019, 06:56:27 PM »
The Shining is my favorite horror classic.
How about that movie the Hills have eyes or whatever that shit was too creepy

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
« Reply #99 on: October 27, 2019, 08:00:11 PM »
I watched Midsommar last night and am 100% convinced my wife would put me in a bear suit and choose me.

She didn't deny it.

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #100 on: October 27, 2019, 08:09:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Jump scares are the antithesis of horror, they appeal to the lowest common denominator.

Expand Quote
[close]

If paranormal (ghost) movies make you sleep with the lights on, you've got bigger problems.

Damn dude... you're so right. I'm SO sorry for enjoying something you don't.

Rick_Kane

« Reply #101 on: October 27, 2019, 08:27:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Don't worry about it, the lowest common denominator also happens to be the majority, so you're not alone.

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #102 on: October 27, 2019, 11:27:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Don't worry about it, the lowest common denominator also happens to be the majority, so you're not alone.

This is like watching comedies and being like “I’m not gonna laugh”
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #103 on: October 28, 2019, 05:34:15 AM »
Massive fan of giant monster horror:
The Relic, Crawl, Deep Rising, Anaconda, Alligator, Q The Winged Serpent.

Love that cheese.
Also anything wit people trapped and turning/not trusting each other:
The Thing, Crash and Burn, The Station.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #104 on: October 28, 2019, 06:15:14 AM »
Not a lot of love for the Final Destination movies, huh?

Sure, they're fucking stupid, but that's what great about them. I love watching those brats get beheaded, or burned alive, or impaled by something.

They're not something to watch in the dark and think about for hours after they're over, but me and my friends always had a tradition to see the new ones in the theater when they came out and we had a blast watching them.

And for the same reason, the Scream movies are fun. I don't know if I'd rewatch the sequels over and over, but as a whole the series is great for what it is.

How about creepy documentaries? I really LOVE the Paradise Lost trilogy. It's not horror but it's quite gruesome at times and some of the "characters" are quite scary. And last I heard, Damien Echols was living in Salem so he's definitely horror adjacent. It's a good halloween season documentary.

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #105 on: October 28, 2019, 06:21:57 AM »

Sure, they're fucking stupid, but that's what great about them. I love watching those brats get beheaded, or burned alive, or impaled by something.

They're not something to watch in the dark and think about for hours after they're over, but me and my friends always had a tradition to see the new ones in the theater when they came out and we had a blast watching them.

And for the same reason, the Scream movies are fun. I don't know if I'd rewatch the sequels over and over, but as a whole the series is great for what it is.

How about creepy documentaries? I really LOVE the Paradise Lost trilogy. It's not horror but it's quite gruesome at times and some of the "characters" are quite scary. And last I heard, Damien Echols was living in Salem so he's definitely horror adjacent. It's a good halloween season documentary.

Another series is the "Saw" series.

I think I'm very much in the minority when I say that I absolutely LOVE the Saw movies.

The first Saw movie was/is one of the best horror/thriller movies of the last 20 years.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #106 on: October 28, 2019, 06:30:51 AM »
Brought this up in the Netflix thread awhile back, but Terrifier is the best creepy clown slasher movie I’ve seen in possibly ever.  There’s apparently a sequel in production to be released in 2020.

LemThurdy

• Rep: -15
« Reply #107 on: October 28, 2019, 07:36:04 AM »
Brought this up in the Netflix thread awhile back, but Terrifier is the best creepy clown slasher movie I’ve seen in possibly ever.  There’s apparently a sequel in production to be released in 2020.

My buddy showed me this movie holy shit, It was creepy af and the clown is on another level.

theSketchLord

• https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #108 on: October 28, 2019, 07:48:11 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I think I'm very much in the minority when I say that I absolutely LOVE the Saw movies.

The first Saw movie was/is one of the best horror/thriller movies of the last 20 years.

If the Saw movies had ended at 3 it would have been a superb trilogy.
The first was insane, I saw a really bad bootleg copy and bit my fingers until they bled.

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #109 on: October 28, 2019, 08:36:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

The first was insane, I saw a really bad bootleg copy and bit my fingers until they bled.
See I’ll agree they should’ve stopped at Saw 2 but that’s just me.

I like creepy movies and found footage films but shock and torture style movies aren’t my cup of tea.

Someone came over a few years back at my old house Helms Deep and had a stack of movies. A few of them were sketchy as fuck either really good snuff films or legit I don’t know and that turd of a movie Serbian Film.

I watched first 20 minutes of it and told the dude to get the fuck outta my house, I’m all for spooky stuff and scary movies but fictionalized CP or rape scenarios I’m not going to tolerate at my house!

btw I have been having a monster/horror movie night every Friday and Saturday night during the month of Oct.
Dueces Bitch's

theSketchLord

« Reply #110 on: October 28, 2019, 09:10:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I like creepy movies and found footage films but shock and torture style movies aren’t my cup of tea.

Someone came over a few years back at my old house Helms Deep and had a stack of movies. A few of them were sketchy as fuck either really good snuff films or legit I don’t know and that turd of a movie Serbian Film.

I watched first 20 minutes of it and told the dude to get the fuck outta my house, I’m all for spooky stuff and scary movies but fictionalized CP or rape scenarios I’m not going to tolerate at my house!

btw I have been having a monster/horror movie night every Friday and Saturday night during the month of Oct.

If you like found footage stuff checkout a Australian film called "The Magician".
Not really horror, it's a doco about a guy who follows a Melbourne hitman around.
Well worth a look.

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #111 on: October 28, 2019, 09:50:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

If you like found footage stuff checkout a Australian film called "The Magician".
Not really horror, it's a doco about a guy who follows a Melbourne hitman around.
Well worth a look.
Aight word I’ll give it gander good looks.
Dueces Bitch's

silvertone_spacemachine

• Rep: 63
« Reply #112 on: October 28, 2019, 11:55:51 AM »
I've been doing specific directors all through Oct. Started w Argento - Suspiria obviously, but I fucking LOVE Inferno and Tenebre. Deep Red and Demons as well.

Then I did all the Carpenter movies, he's probably my favorite director of all time. He captures something nuanced and cutty, campy at times but really amazing music and cinematography. The Thing, THE FOG (probably my favorite of his), Halloween 1-3, Big Trouble In Little China, Escape from NY/LA (EfLA is so fun) and some others I'm forgetting. I really can't put my finger on what it is exactly about John Carpenter but his movies just seem like a dream or something.

Clive Barker's Hellraiser series. He's another dude than manages to capture something incredibly surreal and hellish while also maintaining a dreamlike quality.

David Cronenberg/David Lynch - The Fly and Videodrome matched with Mulholland Dr and Blue Velvet. Again, not all strictly horror movies but unsettling non the less.

Some other random ones I watched were Santa Sangre, which I fucking loved but wasn't really a horror movie per say. Event Horizon was great. Gothic was a great "get stoned and watch" (along with Santa Sangre.) Scream first then immediately after Scary Movie. Something about Scary Movie is perfect humor for me. Fart jokes etc.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre because a friend had never seen it. Movie is still fucking terrifying. Reminds me of the trailer park I grew up in.

Going to watch some classic slashers tonight (Mad Man, Friday 13th pt 2, Sleepaway Camp and og Maniac)

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #113 on: October 28, 2019, 12:03:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I just loved how the later films in the series involved people that had been around since the first few films, and they were all basically happening at the same time.

But the first movie is one of my favorite movies of all time.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #114 on: October 28, 2019, 12:43:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

It's funny you act so uppity about one of the, if not the, least respected film genres.

Lighten up fucko.

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #115 on: October 28, 2019, 12:56:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

It's funny you act so uppity about one of the, if not the, least respected film genres.

Lighten up fucko.

Have a gnar for usage of the word "fucko".

Love it.
FUCK YOU

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
« Reply #116 on: October 28, 2019, 06:38:10 PM »
Watch Creep and Creep 2

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #117 on: October 28, 2019, 08:08:13 PM »
Watch Creep and Creep 2
See that’s what I mean when uncomfortable movies make me feel.

Creep was definitely a rad movie for someone who hasn’t seen it.
Dueces Bitch's

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #118 on: October 28, 2019, 08:35:57 PM »
Went to "Dismember the Alamo", at our local Alamo on Saturday. The lineup was:

-Session 9
-Amityville Horror 2: The Possession
-Prison
-Nightmare on Elm Street 3

We had fun.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #119 on: October 28, 2019, 08:45:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Watch Creep and Creep 2
[close]
See that’s what I mean when uncomfortable movies make me feel.

Creep was definitely a rad movie for someone who hasn’t seen it.
i watched the first one on netflix a while ago, it was creative but not very scary. I saw this movie the witch on netflix too, it’s kinda weird because they speak in old english but had some creepy stuff