Author Topic: Horror Movies  (Read 19902 times)

Kanye Omari West

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -360
Re: Horror Movies
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2013, 07:43:10 PM »
Expand Quote
"The Thing" the original with Kurt Russell was a pretty awesome horror/sci-fi movie.
[close]

Indeed. The remake however should be avoided at all costs.

The original original, The Thing From Another World is a bit of fun too if you can get past the 1950's atomic age cheese.

My brother, you are high as a kite, that movie scarred me

Story was straight and the effects wouldn't allow me to sleep, the type of movie where watching it once is enough

...and for the record it was a prequel

Besides that and V/H/S, I haven't really seen a "horror" flick I could really vibe with lately, "Eyes wide shut" is no horror movie but it'll definitely get to you with how real it and deep it goes...if you recognize the imagery within it that is
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 07:53:20 PM by Kanye Omari West »

A.A

• Rep: -52
« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2013, 09:31:54 PM »
Not everybody agrees with me and the ending is a little eh but I thought Jacob's Ladder was tight.

Second/third/whatever Suspiria. Some really unique and fantastical horror and the movie is just beautiful.

House is hilarious but also a bit too fucked up to dismiss being haunted with disturbing images. Watch it with friends.

??? (House) Theatrical Trailer

I've said this on here before, but the first few Silent Hill video games are a better horror experience than pretty much any horror movie I've seen. The movies, on the other hand, are not.

agree on silent hill.  few times id be stoned playing it and get freaked out!  mind you this was when i was living at my uncles and he used to creep on my friends and offer them wine.  he was buff and gay as fuck.
Twin Perks

A.A

« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2013, 09:38:18 PM »
last house on the left (the og) creeped the fuck outta me.

was it not wes cravens first movie?
Twin Perks

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2013, 10:47:12 PM »
^yup

cornholio

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2013, 11:19:18 PM »
Slither and Tucker and Dale vs Evil.  Both horror comedy.  Both on Netflix.
Tucker and Dale vs. Evil was amazing!

cornholio

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2013, 11:20:31 PM »
And "It" always scared the shit outta me. That fucking clown.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1466
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2013, 01:19:53 AM »
I find it funny when people are scared by supernatural forces like The Exorcists, because I simply don't believe in them whatsoever (possessed by the flying spaghetti monster?).

Gore, on the other hand, is quite real (if done professionally) and it makes me sick.

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2013, 01:42:01 AM »
Expand Quote
I 3rd House of the Devil. Not only is it my favorite modern horror movie, but it's one of the best horror movies that I have ever watched.
His other movies are very good, but not as incredible as this one.

I recently watched 1408 the other day. It was better than I expected. It'd be a good one to watch for Halloween.

The first three Friday the 13th movies, Halloween (original), Evil Dead II, etc.

The Shining is great, but I don't necessarily consider it to be a "horror movie," it's more along the lines of a psychological thriller.

If you're looking for "mind fuck" movies, check out Eraserhead or Begotten --- they're rough to watch if you aren't into art films. David Lynch is a fantastic director all around.
[close]
Eraserhead was disturbing.

Eraserhead was horrible, I guess I'm not into "art films" because that shit was rough indeed, 15 minutes and I tapped out

A Halloween/Fall favorite of mine has always been an American Werewolf in London and they always show it on the tele at one point or another and I'm kinda bummed that I haven't seen it this year, I'd love to own a physical copy or a copy period just to peep it whenever I want, plus it seems like the type of movie to have scenes they had to cut out on tv because they were too graphic or something

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2013, 01:58:10 AM »
I find it funny when people are scared by supernatural forces like The Exorcists, because I simply don't believe in them whatsoever (possessed by the flying spaghetti monster?).

Gore, on the other hand, is quite real (if done professionally) and it makes me sick.

I don't believe either but if the movie is good enough I will believe for its duration. Thats where the fun lies.

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2013, 02:14:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I 3rd House of the Devil. Not only is it my favorite modern horror movie, but it's one of the best horror movies that I have ever watched.
His other movies are very good, but not as incredible as this one.

I recently watched 1408 the other day. It was better than I expected. It'd be a good one to watch for Halloween.

The first three Friday the 13th movies, Halloween (original), Evil Dead II, etc.

The Shining is great, but I don't necessarily consider it to be a "horror movie," it's more along the lines of a psychological thriller.

If you're looking for "mind fuck" movies, check out Eraserhead or Begotten --- they're rough to watch if you aren't into art films. David Lynch is a fantastic director all around.
[close]
Eraserhead was disturbing.
[close]

Eraserhead was horrible, I guess I'm not into "art films" because that shit was rough indeed, 15 minutes and I tapped out

A Halloween/Fall favorite of mine has always been an American Werewolf in London and they always show it on the tele at one point or another and I'm kinda bummed that I haven't seen it this year, I'd love to own a physical copy or a copy period just to peep it whenever I want, plus it seems like the type of movie to have scenes they had to cut out on tv because they were too graphic or something

I agree with you about Eraserhead. I've endured it's entirety. But, there's no way I could have done it without surfing the net on the side. It made Dune look like Kane.

Watched The Conjuring last night. Best horror I've seen in a while.
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

A.A

« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2013, 04:15:02 AM »

I feel sorry for you.  Another world is out there.....
Twin Perks

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1466
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2013, 04:32:02 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

what's up with your sig then?

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • Community Push avatar image
« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2013, 07:13:54 PM »
I forgot to bring up Altered States. The atmosphere is more sci-fi than you might be looking for around halloween season, but it's one of the more intelligent horror movies I've seen. It operates on a psychological/hallucinogenic/philosophical/anthropological level. Seriously. Just watch. It's also one of my favorite movie posters.

Man

« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2013, 08:25:22 PM »

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2013, 11:31:21 PM »
Watched Carrie from the 70s, it was cool, when I was young I remember seeing some 90s version where it was kind of mixed in with She's All That and the dude taking her to prom falls in love with her forreal but she doesn't realize it until she kills dam near everybody, I think it was done to follow that teen movie bullshit that was running rampant after the late 80s and reached it's climax a decade later

Some shit in the OG had me laughing though, like how the teacher just straight slaps the shit out of one of her students and nobody does shit about it lol, the opening scene had me cringing sooo bad too
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 11:42:27 PM by Kanye Omari West »

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #75 on: October 22, 2013, 12:07:12 AM »
I forgot to bring up Altered States. The atmosphere is more sci-fi than you might be looking for around halloween season, but it's one of the more intelligent horror movies I've seen. It operates on a psychological/hallucinogenic/philosophical/anthropological level. Seriously. Just watch. It's also one of my favorite movie posters.

While you're at it, I recommend checking out Russell's other movie the Devils.

king_in_the_north

• Rep: 27
  • I'm not liquid john
« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2013, 07:50:03 AM »
poughkeepsie tapes was fucked
also if you read my whole facebook timeline from back in 2007 then this will also prove that magic is real.

Sgt.Pepper

• Rep: -167
« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2013, 03:09:59 PM »
Just rewatched texas chainsaw massacre again. It's definitely a classic but there's one scene that I just dont get and makes me say "REALLY? WTF?" You know the scene when she's running away from leatherface and she runs into that trucker guy and he pulls her into the truck and closes the door but instead of driving the fuck outta there, they just go out the other door and run. Am I missing something or is it just a dumb movie mistake?
"I'd be a teenage virgin, jerking off in my bedroom
 if I wasnt a 20 year old virgin that didn't have a bedroom."

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2013, 05:44:39 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

If anything's discredited it's dualism, so no spirit world

But For classics

And Event Horizon shook me as a kid

Event Horizon Trailer HD

poopmonkey

• Rep: 20
« Reply #79 on: October 28, 2013, 05:29:42 PM »
Some of my favorites:

Brainscan
Chopping Mall
Phantasm
Suspiria
Friday the 13th 1&2
Nightmare on Elm Street 1 through 3

Audrey II

• Rep: 14176
« Reply #80 on: October 22, 2019, 05:15:31 AM »
i watched phantasm last night, love that movie.

anyone have any favorite must watch horror movies during october?

You got questions? Ask me like a fucking man. You know my Insta.

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
« Reply #81 on: October 22, 2019, 05:28:53 AM »
There’s different tiers for horror movies....
Thrillers
Boo scares/slashers
Depressing vibes
Or creepy themes
Shock campy fucked up issues

Dario Argento Suspiria

I liked that aristocratic flick Saló or 120 days of sodom

The VVITCH was great

Anything that’s not overhyped I’m psyched for.
Dueces Bitch's

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #82 on: October 22, 2019, 05:30:36 AM »
did anyone watch hereditary? that was pretty creepy.

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2019, 06:07:04 AM »
In search of darkness is a great documentary my friend is involved with and it’s on a go fund me.

https://80shorrordoc.com/?aff=18
Dueces Bitch's

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #84 on: October 22, 2019, 06:58:53 AM »
Anyone that's never seen it should out Ghostwatch.
In retrospect it's pretty tame but as a 10 year old it was terrifying.

Back then no one knew if it was legit or not, some kid killed himself just after the show.
Everyone you knew apparently knew someone who had lived in the haunted treet.

It was like Blair Witch before Blair Witch.
The BBC vowed never to show it again.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #85 on: October 22, 2019, 07:21:45 AM »
Without differentiating too much between subcategories...

I'm a horror nut, and I love collecting video tapes of horror movies. The older ones aren't gory, but you may dig them if you enjoy scenic horror. Tod Browning's "Dracula" starring Bela Lugosi is absolutely recommended. While you're at it, double down with "The Corpse Vanishes" -- also starring Bela. Then get a little freaky with George A. Romero's "Night of the Living Dead". Crispy black and white with a sick twist.

A new batch of tapes I ordered (after putting it off for so long, cause I hate internet shopping ... alas) off Ebay includes a copy of the original Exorcist movie. I can't wait to pop that one in the VCR. Add that one to the list while you're at it. Lastly, check out Michele Soavi's "The Church" for a spooky blend of scenic and fucked up. It's from 1989 and has a wicked score. Hopefully I get that on tape one day.

Cheers, shalom, and Happy Halloween!

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #86 on: October 22, 2019, 07:37:24 AM »
I'm a MASSIVE Vincent Price fan, so his old horror films/psychological thrillers have always been my favorites.

Some of my favorites include:

1. The Last Man on Earth
2. The Abominable Dr. Phibes
3. The Bat
4. Masque of the Red Death
5. House on Haunted Hill

FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
« Reply #87 on: October 22, 2019, 10:01:28 AM »

I'm a horror nut, and I love collecting video tapes of horror movies. The older ones aren't gory, but you may dig them if you enjoy scenic horror. Tod Browning's "Dracula" starring Bela Lugosi is absolutely recommended. While you're at it, double down with "The Corpse Vanishes" -- also starring Bela. Then get a little freaky with George A. Romero's "Night of the Living Dead". Crispy black and white with a sick twist.

A new batch of tapes I ordered (after putting it off for so long, cause I hate internet shopping ... alas) off Ebay includes a copy of the original Exorcist movie. I can't wait to pop that one in the VCR. Add that one to the list while you're at it. Lastly, check out Michele Soavi's "The Church" for a spooky blend of scenic and fucked up. It's from 1989 and has a wicked score. Hopefully I get that on tape one day.

Dude, have you seen Carnival of Souls?
Looking at your recommendation it might be right up your alley.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #88 on: October 22, 2019, 10:05:04 AM »
did anyone watch hereditary? that was pretty creepy.

Loved Herdeitary, loved Midsommar.

Anything Guillermo Del Toro has had involvement in is good. Not necessarily actually scary but good films: Cronos, The Orphanage, Devil’s Backbone.

Conjuring is good, the spin-offs can be pretty shit (The Nun. More like TheNone amiright?)

Sinister was not bad, not flawless but I enjoyed it.

Netflix’s Haunting of Hill House was good, definitely exceeded expectations.

As mentioned above, Event Horizon.

I’ve seen a lot, let’s talk horror movies
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #89 on: October 22, 2019, 10:24:48 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Dude, have you seen Carnival of Souls?
Looking at your recommendation it might be right up your alley.

I second this. Carnival of Souls is excellent.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick