Author Topic: Horror Movies  (Read 20019 times)

gaunt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 104
Re: Horror Movies
« Reply #150 on: December 09, 2019, 01:54:45 AM »

i'm pretty big into horror. posting this just in the offchance that someone finds it helpful to get some atmospheric horror recommendations. if any of you are into Lovecraft/short films (not Reddit's idea of Lovecraft), check out AM1200 (full film at this link):

it's well done, i saw it at a film festival in Vancouver years ago and it ended up being my favourite thing that premiered that weekend. Ray Wise from Twin Peaks acts in it, it's ~40 minutes long or so.

here's a horror sync-tube type channel/community i used to frequent: https://cytu.be/r/TheSpooks . there's usually a few people in there at any given time and it's got a huge library of horror to choose from
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 02:01:53 AM by gaunt »

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #151 on: December 09, 2019, 05:13:24 AM »

i'm pretty big into horror. posting this just in the offchance that someone finds it helpful to get some atmospheric horror recommendations. if any of you are into Lovecraft/short films (not Reddit's idea of Lovecraft), check out AM1200 (full film at this link):

it's well done, i saw it at a film festival in Vancouver years ago and it ended up being my favourite thing that premiered that weekend. Ray Wise from Twin Peaks acts in it, it's ~40 minutes long or so.

here's a horror sync-tube type channel/community i used to frequent: https://cytu.be/r/TheSpooks . there's usually a few people in there at any given time and it's got a huge library of horror to choose from

Niiiiiice, mahalo
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

SweaterVest

• Rep: 12
« Reply #152 on: December 09, 2019, 06:03:53 PM »
I rented Ready or Not the other night, more of a dark comedy/thriller than straight horror but it has a great premise, & was decently executed but overall could have been better.  I was hoping it was more like You're Next which is one of my favorites of the last decade.

Slugboi22

• Rep: 62
« Reply #153 on: December 10, 2019, 01:58:07 PM »

You have great taste friend. I always feel like Eraserhead is so underrated and you put it rather high up!!

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1060
« Reply #154 on: December 10, 2019, 02:39:33 PM »
So thankful someone bumped this thread - did not know it existed.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #155 on: February 15, 2020, 02:38:14 PM »
Late pass but just watched Conjuring 2 which was a solid sequel

rawr1922

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #156 on: February 15, 2020, 10:06:42 PM »
Late pass but just watched Conjuring 2 which was a solid sequel

Looking forward to Conjuring 3 coming out in September. Love all those movies.  Annabelle: Creation  spooky

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #157 on: February 16, 2020, 02:18:44 AM »
I just watched hereditary last night, started out pretty good but by the end it was so bad it became a comedy.

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #158 on: February 16, 2020, 06:30:48 AM »
I just watched hereditary last night, started out pretty good but by the end it was so bad it became a comedy.

The part at the beginning when she sees her mother in her dark studio is terrifying.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

rawr1922

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #159 on: February 16, 2020, 08:40:22 PM »
Y'all crazy , hereditary creepy

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 793
« Reply #160 on: February 16, 2020, 08:41:41 PM »
but by the end it was so bad it became a comedy.

incorrect
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

WobbleHeadBob

« Reply #161 on: February 17, 2020, 12:49:02 AM »
Expand Quote
but by the end it was so bad it became a comedy.
[close]

incorrect

it could just be me, but the moms headless body floating out of the attic and into the treehouse and all the random old naked peaople lurking around made me giggle

theSketchLord

• https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
« Reply #162 on: February 17, 2020, 07:25:18 AM »
Not exactly horror but I re-watched Jurassic Park Fallen Kingdom today and you can't half tell that it's directed by a horror director, especially the second half in the mansion.

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 423
« Reply #163 on: February 19, 2020, 09:52:30 PM »
Finally got a chance to see The Shining in theaters (4k restored and Dolby Atmos, nonetheless) and HOLY FUCK it was like watching it for the first time. God damn that movie is perfect.

Also, not horror, but if you haven't seen Green Room you're missing one of the better thrillers from the past couple of years.

"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

authentic_creed_bratton

• Rep: 36
« Reply #164 on: February 20, 2020, 04:30:54 AM »
green room is so good. the main actor died by accidentally pinning himself between his own car and his fence. weird shit
🤙

theSketchLord

« Reply #165 on: February 22, 2020, 05:05:49 AM »
green room is so good. the main actor died by accidentally pinning himself between his own car and his fence. weird shit

Yea, it's fucked up.
Anton Yelchin, sad as he was genuinely talented and I've heard a really nice guy.
He went to open the gate on his property and left his car in gear. It rolled down and pinned him.

He was there for hours. No one noticed until he hadn't shown up for a Star Trek read through later in the day.

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #166 on: February 24, 2020, 09:28:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yea, it's fucked up.
Anton Yelchin, sad as he was genuinely talented and I've heard a really nice guy.
He went to open the gate on his property and left his car in gear. It rolled down and pinned him.

He was there for hours. No one noticed until he hadn't shown up for a Star Trek read through later in the day.

On his way to band practice no less.
I heard it was due to a known fault with the model of SUV he owned but I have nothing to substantiate that.

In any case, I saw La Llorona the other night (part of the Conjuring universe) and it was halfway decent.

There’s a certain pro skater who I was surprised to see makes a cameo early on. I’ll give you a hint: his name starts with a P and ends with a Rod.
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1230
« Reply #167 on: May 03, 2020, 07:22:19 AM »
bumpin this

amazon has loads of horror films...lots of stuff from the 80s.

im on the fence about trying shudder. any input is welcome.

this one is sick-

dario argento

fakie nollie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1060
« Reply #168 on: May 03, 2020, 09:07:55 AM »
Film crew follows a serial killer and slowly starts getting involved in the murders

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #169 on: May 03, 2020, 09:53:38 AM »
I don't have shudder, but my buddy who is a horror film freak does, and he says it's the absolute best if all you want to watch is horror. Tons of super obscure, so bad they're good movies.

And "Man Bites Dog" is an amazing film. I don't know that I would classify it as horror though.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

TooOldToCare

• Rep: -53
« Reply #170 on: May 03, 2020, 05:36:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Finally saw A Cabin In The Woods after all the hype, it was pretty cool. 
[close]

Backing this.  Thought that movie was going to be shit.  It was not.

Recent horror movies are mostly shit.  The ending of Insidious (the first one) gave me the creeps, but wasn't the best movie overall.

Cabin in the Woods is a lot more fun if you've read your share of HP Lovecraft over the years.  Fun movie.

TooOldToCare

« Reply #171 on: May 03, 2020, 05:38:10 PM »
Rosemary's Baby. Not exactly what most people think of when you say horror movie, but it paralyzed me with fear when I first saw it in my teens. One of my favourite movies period.

Its a fuckin classic.  Some movies will always stand the test of time, even if they were made by creeps who had sex with underage girls.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #172 on: May 03, 2020, 06:44:21 PM »
bumpin this

amazon has loads of horror films...lots of stuff from the 80s.

im on the fence about trying shudder. any input is welcome.

this one is sick-

dario argento

Shudder is solid, and its only 5 bucks a month (with a free 30 day trial right now).  Very worth it. 

Amazon has a ton of Giallo and other euro horror stuff on Prime.  Lots of rare stuff surprisingly. 

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 677
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #173 on: May 03, 2020, 07:28:34 PM »
Classic John carpenter film... quite scary...
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #174 on: May 03, 2020, 09:30:11 PM »
Classic John carpenter film... quite scary...

this one is so underrated. might be my favorite Carpenter film

TooOldToCare

« Reply #175 on: May 03, 2020, 11:31:26 PM »
this one is so underrated. might be my favorite Carpenter film

Super underrated and always one of my favorites.  1970s/1980s Carpenter rarely ever disappointed.  Fuckin love that he scored his own shit as well, dude made some great brooding synth to accompany everything just right.

WobbleHeadBob

« Reply #176 on: May 04, 2020, 01:09:10 AM »
Film crew follows a serial killer and slowly starts getting involved in the murders

FUCK! thanks for this, I saw this at a local bars movie night fuckin years ago and could never remember what its called

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #177 on: May 04, 2020, 08:51:25 PM »
Gaunt, thanks for the Lovecraft link. "The Whisperer in the dark" is a pretty good Lovecraft adaptation imo, check it out if you haven't seen it.

This is Cronenberg  "Shivers" aka  "Orgy of the Blood Parasites", it is covid appropriate viewing.

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/ee7b7d

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
  • old and in the way
« Reply #178 on: May 22, 2020, 12:21:09 PM »

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
« Reply #179 on: May 23, 2020, 06:39:09 PM »
Just watched the OG Candyman and loved it. Free on Netflix I think. That’s right in Peele’s wheelhouse so looking forward to his movie whenever movie theaters are a thing again.