Author Topic: Horror Movies  (Read 19904 times)

VHS ERA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Horror Movies
« Reply #180 on: May 24, 2020, 07:50:34 PM »
Just watched OG “It”, so good , watching remake now

SAH ALL DAY

« Reply #181 on: May 24, 2020, 08:45:52 PM »
Finally got a chance to see The Shining in theaters (4k restored and Dolby Atmos, nonetheless) and HOLY FUCK it was like watching it for the first time. God damn that movie is perfect.

Also, not horror, but if you haven't seen Green Room you're missing one of the better thrillers from the past couple of years.

Starting this now, thanks...

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #182 on: May 24, 2020, 10:41:21 PM »
john carpenter movie, mark hamill psycho appearance is classic

https://youtu.be/OKQcDDUSMpI
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 10:42:53 PM by botefdunn »

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #183 on: June 06, 2020, 09:12:27 PM »
I just watched Exorcist 3
George C Scott and Brad Dourif are incredible
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlIi3qe03b8

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #184 on: October 09, 2020, 08:49:24 PM »
Tis’ the season. Watched Nightmare on Elm st that shits hilarious.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #185 on: October 10, 2020, 11:17:16 PM »
A couple of episodes in on "The Haunting of Bly Manor". So far so good.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #186 on: October 11, 2020, 05:36:43 AM »
Just watched OG “It”, so good , watching remake now

Save yourself and don't watch part 2 of the remake. Or, just watch the first 5-10 minutes (after the opening scene). The remaining run time is exactly like that.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #187 on: October 12, 2020, 01:04:40 PM »
I really didn't care for the OG "It". I thought any moment when Tim Curry was on screen was brilliant, but he's not in it all that much and a lot of the other actors were brutal. Terribly dated, I thought.

Watched Nightmare on Elm St recently, thought it was great.

Watched The Fly yesterday. Really revolting, but in a way that was scary.

Trying to work up the nerve to watch Child's Play, but I don't think I ever fully got over being afraid of Chucky when I was a kid.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1474
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #188 on: October 12, 2020, 02:55:07 PM »
Did you watch the Vincent Price "The Fly" or Jeff Goldblum "The Fly"? I like both for different reasons.

Nightmare on Elm St back in the day ruined a week's worth of sleep for me, but my kids have watched so much horror that they didn't get freaked out at all.

cold budweisers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #189 on: October 12, 2020, 04:49:57 PM »
he said "revolting" so it had to have been cronenberg's the fly

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #190 on: October 12, 2020, 04:56:21 PM »
I really didn't care for the OG "It". I thought any moment when Tim Curry was on screen was brilliant, but he's not in it all that much and a lot of the other actors were brutal. Terribly dated, I thought.

Watched Nightmare on Elm St recently, thought it was great.

Watched The Fly yesterday. Really revolting, but in a way that was scary.

Trying to work up the nerve to watch Child's Play, but I don't think I ever fully got over being afraid of Chucky when I was a kid.

yeah it’s about as dated as it gets. It’s a miniseries and not a movie which i don’t think many ppl get either

Watitdo

« Reply #191 on: October 12, 2020, 05:11:42 PM »
The horror choices on Amazon Prime and Netflix suck right now. Can't believe it with Halloween coming up.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #192 on: October 12, 2020, 05:43:21 PM »
bro why is Carrie considered some kinda classic this shit is terrible lmao

Grind King Rims

« Reply #193 on: October 13, 2020, 01:43:52 PM »
he said "revolting" so it had to have been cronenberg's the fly

Correct.

Gonna rewatch Phantasm next.

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
« Reply #194 on: October 13, 2020, 01:57:13 PM »

I love Brian De Palma, from Blow Out to Carlitos way, Scarface, the first Mission Impossible, to fucking Snake Eyes with nic cage.

I agree Carrie is overrated though, within his filmography at the least. I get the appeal and influence it has had though.

I want to see the new Saw flick with Chris Rock and Samuel L Jackson, but looks postponed to 2021, boooo

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • old and in the way
« Reply #195 on: October 13, 2020, 08:20:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I love Brian De Palma, from Blow Out to Carlitos way, Scarface, the first Mission Impossible, to fucking Snake Eyes with nic cage.

I agree Carrie is overrated though, within his filmography at the least. I get the appeal and influence it has had though.

I want to see the new Saw flick with Chris Rock and Samuel L Jackson, but looks postponed to 2021, boooo

Blow Out is so good. I'm about to watch that DePalma doc on Netflix.

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #196 on: October 14, 2020, 06:56:27 AM »
The horror choices on Amazon Prime and Netflix suck right now. Can't believe it with Halloween coming up.

A lot of streaming services cranked out multiple original movies through Blumhouse, but I haven't been impressed by one yet. Like you said it's almost Halloween, everyones slacking.

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
« Reply #197 on: October 14, 2020, 08:24:46 AM »
Watched "The Man Who Laughs" while high on the couch today, not technically horror but Conrad Veight is super creepy looking and you can totally see where the Joker influence came from.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

Level 60 Dwarf Rogue

• Rep: -64
« Reply #198 on: October 14, 2020, 09:39:07 AM »
Idk why I decided to watch the 2011 The Thing last night, but I did, and it was alright. It held my interest, but I felt nothing when it was over.

theSketchLord

• https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
« Reply #199 on: October 14, 2020, 11:12:50 AM »
Idk why I decided to watch the 2011 The Thing last night, but I did, and it was alright. It held my interest, but I felt nothing when it was over.

This is one of my guilty pleasure movies, yea it's got some pretty bad scenes that should have gone the practical effects route but the ending when the original music kicks in always gives me chills.

Plus I love he idea of the writers watching the cabin scenes in the original, looking at the items and working out how each item ended up there (the axe in the wall). 

Dirk_Diggler

« Reply #200 on: October 14, 2020, 11:45:25 AM »
Watched house of 1000 corpses and Devil’s Rejects back to back yesterday. Still haven’t seen 3 from hell yet but I’m definitely going to watch it soon.

theSketchLord

« Reply #201 on: October 14, 2020, 12:26:40 PM »
Watched house of 1000 corpses and Devil’s Rejects back to back yesterday. Still haven’t seen 3 from hell yet but I’m definitely going to watch it soon.

Rejects soundtrack is easily in my top 3 soundtracks.
Still to see 3 from Hell also.

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1090
« Reply #202 on: October 14, 2020, 12:49:28 PM »

House of 1000 Corpses is an all-time favorite of mine, I watch it every year around Holloween time. No idea why I love it so much, it just has the right amount of silly campiness and interesting production design to make it entertaining. I think people miss out on how self-aware the movie actually is.

Yes, it is derivative of grindhouse and its characters are cliche but if you expected some earth-shattering reimagination of horror films from the likes of Rob Zombie then you are watching the wrong movie. I'll admit the movie can be a hyper-stylized mess at times but honestly sometimes I'm in the mood to watch something that is dumb and fun and doesn't try to make you think anything deeper beyond its surface-level presentation.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #203 on: October 16, 2020, 04:11:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

House of 1000 Corpses is an all-time favorite of mine, I watch it every year around Holloween time. No idea why I love it so much, it just has the right amount of silly campiness and interesting production design to make it entertaining. I think people miss out on how self-aware the movie actually is.

Yes, it is derivative of grindhouse and its characters are cliche but if you expected some earth-shattering reimagination of horror films from the likes of Rob Zombie then you are watching the wrong movie. I'll admit the movie can be a hyper-stylized mess at times but honestly sometimes I'm in the mood to watch something that is dumb and fun and doesn't try to make you think anything deeper beyond its surface-level presentation.
Just watched this movie, House of the Dead, and Cabin in the Woods over the last week or so. I know they're all pretty different, but I love the campiness and the dark comedy aspects of these movies. What similar movies would y'all recommend?

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #204 on: October 16, 2020, 06:24:08 PM »
The original Halloween is probably my favorite horror movie. Because it's just a classic, re-watchable and awesome. I got a shirt today with the cover on it and the credits like they get listed at the bottom of a poster for $8. I got it at Walmart actually, I accidentally posted it in the Thrifting thread thinking it was a deals thread lol.

Dirk_Diggler

« Reply #205 on: October 16, 2020, 08:24:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Rejects soundtrack is easily in my top 3 soundtracks.
Still to see 3 from Hell also.

Dude, such an amazing sound track.

EDIT:  Haven’t seen 31 aka Thirty-One yet either. I’m gonna roll a fat joint and watch it on Hulu right now.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 08:32:16 PM by Dirk_Diggler »

Watitdo

« Reply #206 on: October 20, 2020, 12:03:41 PM »
I watched Friday the 13th 6 last night and the plot was so dumb. They dug up Jason as a prank and then Jason starts killing everyone lol. Really creative. Then I watched Howl on Amazon which was lame/alright. Production quality wasn't so campy which made it ok.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #207 on: October 20, 2020, 12:15:09 PM »
What were you expecting from a Friday the 13th sequel?

Watitdo

« Reply #208 on: October 20, 2020, 01:44:36 PM »
What were you expecting from a Friday the 13th sequel?

Have you watched Friday the 13th pt 6 recently?

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • old and in the way
« Reply #209 on: October 20, 2020, 03:27:56 PM »