Author Topic: Horror Movies  (Read 19903 times)

Coco Santiagos Kitten

Re: Horror Movies
« Reply #210 on: October 21, 2020, 08:20:30 AM »
3 From Hell is pretty bad. So is 31. Lords of Salem is way better than both of those. It’s super trippy and basically nonsense like a lot of 70s Italian horror, but I dig that.

Watitdo

« Reply #211 on: October 21, 2020, 09:48:03 AM »
3 From Hell is pretty bad. So is 31. Lords of Salem is way better than both of those. It’s super trippy and basically nonsense like a lot of 70s Italian horror, but I dig that.

Sick I plan on watching Lord's of Salem

coyote2425

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #212 on: October 21, 2020, 11:12:31 AM »
Just finished Haunting of Hill House. I'm not very good with scary movies, so I thought it was sufficiently freaky.

Always love The Shining (haven't peeped Dr. Sleep yet), and have a soft spot for 28 Days Later. Possibly because I love the soundtrack so much.

Yu Dum

« Reply #213 on: October 21, 2020, 11:16:33 AM »
Just finished Haunting of Hill House. I'm not very good with scary movies, so I thought it was sufficiently freaky.

Always love The Shining (haven't peeped Dr. Sleep yet), and have a soft spot for 28 Days Later. Possibly because I love the soundtrack so much.
Doctor Sleep was OK. Nothing too spectacular, but my wife and I enjoyed it for what it was.
If you haven't seen A Quiet Place then I recommend that over Dr. Sleep.

Just bought a physical copy of The Strangers (haven't seen the second one, but heard it was trash). My wife hasn't seen it yet. Might pop it in tonight if she's into it.

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #214 on: October 21, 2020, 03:45:21 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Doctor Sleep was OK. Nothing too spectacular, but my wife and I enjoyed it for what it was.
If you haven't seen A Quiet Place then I recommend that over Dr. Sleep.

Just bought a physical copy of The Strangers (haven't seen the second one, but heard it was trash). My wife hasn't seen it yet. Might pop it in tonight if she's into it.

The 2nd strangers was so bad, especially when compared to the 1st. I think were trying to be fun campy, but it's just poop.
Christina Hendricks is the only good thing in that movie, but it just bummed me out for the fact that she was.

Just watched From Beyond again last night, Halloween season always gets me excited.

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1556
« Reply #215 on: October 21, 2020, 04:16:34 PM »
Rewatching phantasm as I type this. I always forget about the gom jabbar scene and it always makes me so happy.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

authentic_creed_bratton

• Rep: 36
« Reply #216 on: October 21, 2020, 05:55:41 PM »
phantasm 1 for life. still need to see 2. the new ones are caca
🤙

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #217 on: October 21, 2020, 06:20:32 PM »
Watching Death of a Vlogger right now. Me and the lady caught Halloween at the drive in last night. Wish we had it in us to stay for scream
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #218 on: October 21, 2020, 08:52:19 PM »
This youtube video is pretty much unwatchable but I love Lucio Fulci's Gates Of Hell
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIVM2VT0UwY

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #219 on: October 23, 2020, 08:04:19 PM »
Jeepers Creepers lol

Did I say Crush The Skull already?

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #220 on: October 24, 2020, 05:30:59 PM »
Is Open Water horror? This shit is scary as fuck

Level 60 Dwarf Rogue

• Rep: -64
« Reply #221 on: October 24, 2020, 06:23:43 PM »
Is Open Water horror? This shit is scary as fuck
Hell yes it is. I’m 38 years old. My sister let me watch watch Jaws with her when I was 4. I have lived within an hour of the Pacific Ocean for 90% of my life and I’ve never been in.

The Void is a few years old, but it and Baskin are my favorites from the last decade or so.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #222 on: October 25, 2020, 01:24:29 PM »
Happy Halloween ya'll

https://youtu.be/IlLbj7zMxvs

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #223 on: October 26, 2020, 09:39:36 AM »
Does anyone know what's up with Possessor's release?  I read a while back that it was going to be released on 10/10 or 10/12 and can't find it anywhere.

I would gladly shell out $20 or so to rent it on a streaming platform.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #224 on: October 26, 2020, 09:45:28 AM »
Google moviesjoy and stream it for free it was pretty good

goeatsomefriedbread

• Rep: 257
« Reply #225 on: October 26, 2020, 12:02:17 PM »
My favourite film ever is the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I watched it when I was well younger and it scared the absolute shit out of me. It's so relentless and grimey, I love it. My girlfriend just took me to see it recently at a drive in cinema it was amazing, I'd never been to one before, I'm a spoilt brat - crappy pic

Some of my other favourites are The Blair Witch Project, Hellraiser 2, Evil Dead trilogy, The Shining. Also, Shaun Of The Dead is more of a horror/comedy but it's one of my favourites too haha. I love Halloween!

shucknjive

• Rep: -39
« Reply #226 on: October 26, 2020, 12:28:14 PM »
we thought Doom Eternal was trash, its iTe, not that good but decent enought dat wer playing iT p
mArLeY

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
« Reply #227 on: October 26, 2020, 01:42:23 PM »
I watched Swallow the other day.

Very good film and awesome performance from Haley Bennett.

More of a thriller, but there is a body-horror element there that maybe because I’m a slight hypochondriac, got under my skin for sure though.

Great cinematography too.

8/10 would watch again in the future.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #228 on: October 27, 2020, 11:10:22 AM »
I watched 1BR with my housemates the other day without knowing anything about the movie. I was pretty surprised by how unsettling and well made it was at certain parts.

I also finally watched Trick r' Treat with my partner too and I loved that one. It was the perfect amount of camp for me.

Hairy Ballsagna

• Rep: 32
« Reply #229 on: September 30, 2021, 09:26:05 PM »
We’ll it’s the season and I watched Children of the Corn the other night. It was actually better than I remembered it.

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #230 on: October 01, 2021, 03:45:15 AM »
We’ll it’s the season and I watched Children of the Corn the other night. It was actually better than I remembered it.
Time to re-activate the ol’ Shutter account. I’m so picky when it comes to horror though I end up scrolling forever until I lose patience and pick something I’ve already seen.

Get hungry on it!

animalflesh

« Reply #231 on: January 30, 2023, 05:41:18 AM »
Anyone seen skinamarink or infinity pool this month?

SSBS1080CBBSNP

• Rep: 18
« Reply #232 on: October 18, 2023, 03:36:54 PM »
Tis the season. What’re y’all watching? I’ve almost put Skinamarink on a few times but havn’t committed yet. The Fall of the House of Usher series has been alright.

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #233 on: October 19, 2023, 05:40:06 AM »
skinamarink sucks, do not get the hype behind that one at all, but i think “analog horror” type stuff is corny in general

i watched v/h/s 85 yesterday because i stayed at the house one of the segments was filmed in (the VII family), actually one of the better of the v/h/s series which is comprised of mostly stinkers

watched saw x not knowing it takes place between 1 and 2, then i went to rewatch the rest and gave up after V, but i’ll probably resume and watch the rest because i’m a completist (it also helps to have a job that allows me to sit through hours of straight dreck while i work)

the best thing i’ve seen this season was a compilation of horror trailers in 35mm at the theater. after the trailer for snakes on a plane played this guy a few seats down from me cheered and said “so epic” and i was like damn i wish i was him

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #234 on: October 19, 2023, 06:17:10 AM »
Infinity Pool and Pearl are two Mia Goth movies that I don't feel like I read much about and would highly recommend to anyone.

The Vanishing is also a top notch recommendation.

The Brood is a great one that feels extra close to the Halloween vibes vs maybe the others above.

Gonna rewatch Halloween III, most hate it cause it's not Mike Myers but I can't help but fuckin love this one each year

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #235 on: October 19, 2023, 06:27:08 AM »
Saw Barbarian the other day because people had been talking it up on Reddit. I thought it was pretty meh.

Saw the 2nd half of Wolf Creek about a month after seeing the 1st (I catch a lot of stuff on “broadcast” streaming like Pluto TV).

It’s funny because my impression of the first half was that it was run of the mill and the villain was a creep but also a buffoon. The events of the 2nd half and implied violence offscreen made him actually rather terrifying.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #236 on: October 19, 2023, 07:20:15 AM »
Bone tomahawk is pretty ok for something with a different type of setting than standard horror

Also just happened to watch the twilight zone nightmare at 20,000 feet which obviously isn't a movie but a nice efficient little classic horror story

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1474
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #237 on: October 19, 2023, 08:54:47 AM »
Talk to Me. I dug it.

Jebediah

• Rep: 110
« Reply #238 on: October 19, 2023, 12:00:15 PM »
The ritual on Netflix was pretty good overall, definitely some spooky moments. Reminded me of Blair witch project.

AldusMinutiae

• Rep: 125
« Reply #239 on: October 19, 2023, 02:01:44 PM »
Would recommend catching When Evil Lurks in theaters if its playing around you. Horror flick of the year for me. Crushingly bleak, immaculately crafted.