Author Topic: Cons Ctas Pro  (Read 2708 times)

ThugWaffle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Cons Ctas Pro
« on: October 18, 2013, 04:31:15 PM »
I want to try the ctas low but i cant seem to find em anywhere so i was wondering whats the difference between those and regular chucks aside from the ctas having lunarlon.

Morty Seinfeld

Re: Cons Ctas Pro
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 05:04:21 PM »
I want to try the ctas low but i cant seem to find em anywhere so i was wondering whats the difference between those and regular chucks aside from the ctas having lunarlon.

more durable canvas. and it's not like that gimmicky canvas on the Chima Vans, the cancas on those cons really is more durable.

Murray Hewitt

• Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 05:26:02 PM »
It's an amazing shoe, I haven't really skated in mine, just rolled around but they are super comfy and the canvas does have this really sturdy feeling to it. I wear an 11 in old skools but got a 10 in these are they're perfect.

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 06:17:33 PM »
Where can i find em? I'm currently skating my cts and they're great but I'd definitely love to skate ct pro's.

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 08:34:19 AM »

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 09:30:40 AM »

ontheswarm

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2013, 01:50:10 PM »
Another thing they don't have the felt that is on the bottom of normal chucks. It's "all star traction rubber".

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 183
  • sweet, man.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2013, 01:54:42 PM »
i had a pair recently, which i loved, but the canvas ripped instantly. i shoe goo'd the shit out of them before they blew through, and they lasted forever. 

El_JayDude

• Rep: -6
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2013, 05:53:34 PM »
Don't want to hyjack the thread, but I would have no idea the difference either.  I don't know if I'm the only one that thinks this, but Cons, if that's even what the go by anymore, needs to work on their branding. 

Some of there skate shoes are called Cons, others are under Converse on some websites.  They don't even have a website for their skate shoes anymore, they are mixed in with a bunch of other shit, so you can't even see their line.  Don't get me wrong I really like some of their shoes, but there is no way to tell the skate line from the regular line for half the shoes.  I've seen CVO's from the skate line that came in the same box as regular Cvo's, at least I think they were regular converse's because they were canvas and had a hard, almost wooden sole. This goes for the older boat shoe looking ones, seen two different pairs, which were completely different material wise, but with no proper labeling to tell if they were part of the skate line or just converses.  Same goes for some CT LS(?) I saw at some a department store, that's if they were even a part of the skate line, which I'm pretty sure they were, the shouldn't have been and def shouldn't be a Gabes because it lowers brand value. 

Again, this might just be me, because I don't have a shop here that carries them so I don't get to see them in person, but I feel like if they don't do something to differentiate the skate brand from the regular brand, they are going to end up going under.  They already don't come out with hardly any shoes, from what I can tell, anymore.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 05:56:27 PM by El_JayDude »

Powdered Toast Man!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
  • (aka mex.ceferino)
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2013, 06:16:35 PM »
i had a pair recently, which i loved, but the canvas ripped instantly. i shoe goo'd the shit out of them before they blew through, and they lasted forever. 
all my low cts pros canvas have been sooper durable and never let down, until recently i got high tops with the lurnalon thing and sure enough the canvas easily ripped within a week
i also noticed these highs are as filmsy as regular cons'

nothing some good ol' shoe goo can't fix though

I just want everyone to know that I'm only 32.8% skateboarder, and that's on a good day. The rest is just soy and cum.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 983
  • the moon rules
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2013, 10:32:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
all my low cts pros canvas have been sooper durable and never let down, until recently i got high tops with the lurnalon thing and sure enough the canvas easily ripped within a week
i also noticed these highs are as filmsy as regular cons'

nothing some good ol' shoe goo can't fix though
it's canvas were talking about. Of course it ripped. It lasts longer than say a pair of slip ons, but canvas can only be so durable. As long as you put a little bit of super glue on the Ollie bullet hole they will most definitely last you longer then you'd expect. They look cool and are amazing to skate in. I'm skating in a pair now and I love them
fuck you bama

foureyedjim

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2013, 12:14:16 PM »
I'm more of a duct tape guy, but might try out shoe goo (I was never good at applying it so I gave up).

Is there any point to getting the high tops?  Do they do anything in terms of ankle support? I'll probably just take a pass if it doesn't.

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2013, 01:28:31 PM »
What i did with my cts was, i waited a few days till the canvas started to show wear from my ollies and i got krazy glue and put a generous amount and i havent had a problem with them at all, im even starting to get tired of wearing them, and as you skate the glue smooths out and its invisible