Author Topic: Indoor Skatepark Insurance?  (Read 1057 times)

Shufflessss

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 34
Indoor Skatepark Insurance?
« on: October 24, 2013, 09:57:11 AM »
I work for a shop up in Cleveland and we are about to build an indoor park. Does anyone here know anywhere we can get good cheap insurance for a park?
I don't rollerblade, I play ROLLER HOCKEY! I've been kicking haters like you to the curb forever

pandarelated

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
Re: Indoor Skatepark Insurance?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 11:57:33 AM »
make one of those agreements that people ussually have to sign to skate indoor "public" parks.. ?
and if under age a parent has to sign it or something.

Shufflessss

• Rep: 34
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 02:58:35 PM »
Yes, but you still have to have insurance.
I don't rollerblade, I play ROLLER HOCKEY! I've been kicking haters like you to the curb forever

JAesop

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 06:29:55 PM »
Back in the 80's and 90's the Boy Scouts used to insure skateparks. Weird but true.
It was like half the price. I am not sure exactly how it worked but I do remember at least one of the wooden parks we had in Nashville had coverage through them. Let me look into it...it was a deal separate from actually being involved with the scouts .

I just googled some info and it looks like you have to make the park an explorer post, so it looks like I was wrong about that part. Which is weird because I don't ever remember signing anything to skate/ join the scouts.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 06:35:06 PM by JAesop »

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2013, 03:55:51 PM »
I used to insure the miniramp in the back of my shop through a company called city insurance. I don't know if they are still around. It was $1500 a year for the insurance, they supplied waivers, and there was a helmet rule for minors.

J.R.

• Rep: -38
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2013, 06:54:53 PM »
Every single skatepark that was privately owned (before all of the skate plaza style parks) allegedly ended up going under because of insurance problems in my area.