Author Topic: 2012 SOTY  (Read 4619 times)

ROCKxADIO420

Re: 2012 SOTY
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2013, 08:39:44 PM »
we should have an unapprecation thread for thrillho and all his pathetic terribleness +1

Kanye Omari West

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -360
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2013, 08:59:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Personally i think Guy should of won for his tech wizardry as i doubt we'll see a switch 360 flip to nose grind or Smith grind to laser out anytime soon. But all 3 of the big candidates brought something interesting and its very hard to compare across their styles, particularly gnarly guys hitting big rails like Figgy and David to tech wizards like MJ and Guy. Its like debating Jamie Thomas's Welcome to Hell part to Ronnie Creager in Trilogy, both amazing parts that show off two different sides of street skateboarding. Thrasher needs a hall of fame or something to honor all these greats, just looking at the skater of the year lists it covers a lot of the greats. I'm sure if Slap was around in the 90's many people would of disputed certain choices even though all of those guys have legendary parts.
[close]

This brotha be talking sense!

But the switch tre nosegrind is what drew the line to me, I could see a few skaters doing that death defying 50 (Gravette, Figgy, Baca, Leo, etc.) but nobodyyyy could replicate that switch tre nose, and it is only one trick but it speaks volumes on how much work Guy puts in and had put in that year alone

And Reagan, that Alzheimer's must still got you tripping because what trick in that entire David part was new??? 50s and boardslides been around a hot minute and half those spots alot of random ass gnar Cali kids would/could probably walk away with a trick from, just saying, the claims you're building you're argument got a shit ton of holes in them, but you're entitled to your opinion if you liked the part more by all means
[close]

Shane O'neill does sw tre nose grinds while fucking around

#postaclipfool

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -601
  • who knows
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2013, 09:04:08 PM »
^ i got you dawg

where is home?

ben shraider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -264
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2013, 02:22:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Personally i think Guy should of won for his tech wizardry as i doubt we'll see a switch 360 flip to nose grind or Smith grind to laser out anytime soon. But all 3 of the big candidates brought something interesting and its very hard to compare across their styles, particularly gnarly guys hitting big rails like Figgy and David to tech wizards like MJ and Guy. Its like debating Jamie Thomas's Welcome to Hell part to Ronnie Creager in Trilogy, both amazing parts that show off two different sides of street skateboarding. Thrasher needs a hall of fame or something to honor all these greats, just looking at the skater of the year lists it covers a lot of the greats. I'm sure if Slap was around in the 90's many people would of disputed certain choices even though all of those guys have legendary parts.
[close]

This brotha be talking sense!

But the switch tre nosegrind is what drew the line to me, I could see a few skaters doing that death defying 50 (Gravette, Figgy, Baca, Leo, etc.) but nobodyyyy could replicate that switch tre nose, and it is only one trick but it speaks volumes on how much work Guy puts in and had put in that year alone

And Reagan, that Alzheimer's must still got you tripping because what trick in that entire David part was new??? 50s and boardslides been around a hot minute and half those spots alot of random ass gnar Cali kids would/could probably walk away with a trick from, just saying, the claims you're building you're argument got a shit ton of holes in them, but you're entitled to your opinion if you liked the part more by all means
[close]

Shane O'neill does sw tre nose grinds while fucking around
[close]

#postaclipfool

here's one and I've seen another done by him in some instagram type video at biebels park i think.
Not even trying to argue that Guys part wasn't amazing since I love it, but your arguments against Davids skating are just regular.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 02:24:10 AM by ben shraider »

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2013, 07:38:38 AM »
david's switch flip at 3:30, kicklip noseslide 20 stair hubbas, killing big transitions and pools

come on now

Thrillho

• Rep: 133
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2013, 12:48:21 PM »
we should have an unapprecation thread for thrillho and all his pathetic terribleness +1

Get at me with that link.  I would love some skate notoriety.

"Ever had any coverage?"
   "I have a thread on the slap forum."
"What's that?"
   "Where ROCKxADIO420 goes in between Dairy Queen shifts to up his rep int."
"Sounds sad."
   "Looks sadder."

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2013, 01:58:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
"Ever had any coverage?"
"What's that?"
"Sounds sad."
   "Looks sadder."

[close]

Ouch

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2013, 03:09:37 PM »
lol what the fuck was that thrillho
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2013, 04:53:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
"Ever had any coverage?"
"What's that?"
   "Where I goes in between Dairy Queen shifts to up his my rep int."
"Sounds sad."
   "Looks sadder."
[close]

Fixed. If you hate this place so much, focus. Its already been clearly established you won't be missed. If you think this place is so sad, why do you return every day?
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2013, 05:19:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
"Ever had any coverage?"
"What's that?"
"Sounds sad."
   "Looks sadder."
[close]
a dubious setup but you def got there by the end 7.5/10 +1
-2 for taking up a good username

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2013, 05:21:29 PM »

Thrillho

• Rep: 133
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2013, 09:16:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
"Ever had any coverage?"
"What's that?"
   "Where I goes in between Dairy Queen shifts to up his my rep int."
"Sounds sad."
   "Looks sadder."
[close]
[close]

Fixed. If you hate this place so much, focus. Its already been clearly established you won't be missed. If you think this place is so sad, why do you return every day?

Yes. I up my negative rep.  I would think someone that probably spent the greater half of a decade in college writing pointless papers on civil rights be would more literately creative or at least imaginative.  Then again, all you ever do is call people stupid on the internet, which is more of a joke on you than anyone else.  I hardly ever come here, and when I do, it's in hopes that one day I'll be cool like you, duh.

Yo Beer Belly, you just gonna go there, and not follow me?  Some Pal you are.

I don't care enough to scroll down to read whatever Adio said again.  Something about ratings that I'm sure he smiled real big as he hit the post button for as his boss yelled at him to turn on the other frier because it's half off burger night or whatever.