Author Topic: zelda appreciation thread  (Read 19285 times)

Audrey II

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 14176
Re: zelda appreciation thread
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2019, 05:42:19 AM »
I'm a huge Zelda fan, but I somehow missed Link's Awakening as a kid. Just picked up the remake last night and am already beginning to see why the original is held at such a high regard.

same here, i never played through the gameboy version but this is great, makes me feel like im playing link to the past in a way. the amiibo is pretty cool looking too.
You got questions? Ask me like a fucking man. You know my Insta.

somefucker

« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2021, 08:37:57 AM »
bumping this since I just started playing Zelda: Twilight Princess

coming fresh off a OOT playthrough this game feels immediately familiar, put ~11 hrs in the past week or so and got through two temples. trying to complete it without a walkthrough.

I can see how the developer for WW carried over some aspects (like the music being mostly MIDI/Synth) into a OOT style world. graphics aren't bad either on the GC version, might be my favorite Zelda game, can't believe I never played it in 06 but glad I am.

Yu Dum

« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2021, 10:13:51 AM »

coming fresh off a OOT playthrough this game feels immediately familiar, put ~11 hrs in the past week or so and got through two temples. trying to complete it without a walkthrough.

I can see how the developer for WW carried over some aspects (like the music being mostly MIDI/Synth) into a OOT style world. graphics aren't bad either on the GC version, might be my favorite Zelda game, can't believe I never played it in 06 but glad I am.
Arguably the best game in the series next to Majora's Mask. Been holding on to the hopes of coming across a Wii and a copy, but not going to hold my breath.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2021, 10:22:13 AM »
Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword are the only 3D Zelda games that I've only played through once each. I got the SS remaster and have been enjoying myself which makes me want to revisit TP even though it's quite a slow burn.

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2021, 08:37:48 PM »

talk about timing, just started it for the first time yesterday. gas.

somefucker

« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2021, 06:23:51 AM »
Arguably the best game in the series next to Majora's Mask. Been holding on to the hopes of coming across a Wii and a copy, but not going to hold my breath.

sent you a PM.

somefucker

« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2021, 06:27:07 AM »
talk about timing, just started it for the first time yesterday. gas.

let me know how you like it. about halfway/60% through the main story and needed minimal help.

Also started BOTW for the first time and love how this one starts off, the engine they run it on is amazing as well, god i love this game series

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 484
  • registered SLAP offender
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2022, 01:19:48 AM »
Holy hell, out of curiosity I bought a switch and "Zelda - Breath of the wild" and I have to say it's fucking good.
If we only had this when we were kids. This game really is what we dreamt of as kids and would always fantasize about an open world Zelda.

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2022, 01:50:09 AM »
Holy hell, out of curiosity I bought a switch and "Zelda - Breath of the wild" and I have to say it's fucking good.
If we only had this when we were kids. This game really is what we dreamt of as kids and would always fantasize about an open world Zelda.

I thought OOT was way better. Everything about BOTW was so exhausting to me, moving around the map and completing quests was such a time sink. Also getting arrows was a huge pain in the ass.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2022, 05:38:56 AM »
I’ve gone down this YT rabbit hole of watching OOT get 100% beaten… don’t think i even beat it as a kid. Brings back great memories though.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

aLEXICONdEVIL

• Rep: 6
« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2022, 09:52:46 AM »
playing link's awakening dx for the first time, loving it a lot.  is this the first appearance of the owl?

good twitter follow for zelda art/ephemera.: https://twitter.com/HistoryofHyrule?s=20&t=E25cxoIQCf-bV_4_W6-HKQ

Oaf

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 16
« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2022, 10:21:17 PM »
Just finished a link between worlds, and that was incredible having grown up on a link to the past totally familiar and yet different enough to be totally enjoyable.  It felt way easier than lttp, but it was great.

Now back to a playthrough of twilight princess I put on hold, then finishing botw.  I’m finding botw amazing, but I find myself wishing for a classic temple.  Not exactly a complaint, I just really enjoy proper dungeons.  I haven’t  played any Zelda in a while and now I have a stack of games to catch up on. 

Anyone played phantom hourglass, or spirit tracks?  How were they?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2022, 05:34:58 AM »
Just finished a link between worlds, and that was incredible having grown up on a link to the past totally familiar and yet different enough to be totally enjoyable.  It felt way easier than lttp, but it was great.

Now back to a playthrough of twilight princess I put on hold, then finishing botw.  I’m finding botw amazing, but I find myself wishing for a classic temple.  Not exactly a complaint, I just really enjoy proper dungeons.  I haven’t  played any Zelda in a while and now I have a stack of games to catch up on. 

Anyone played phantom hourglass, or spirit tracks?  How were they?
I'm very much in the minority where I kinda like spirit tracks and Phantom hourglass. As long as you don't expect too much they're enjoyable. It's really mostly puzzle solving. They do suffer a bit from having to travel around so much tho.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2022, 03:55:30 PM »
I’ve been binging this track all day… great memories.

https://youtu.be/c_G7Haf1aOI
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

SaySo

• Rep: 113
  • "Yellow buttercup. Helicopters. Orange buttercat."
« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2022, 05:55:04 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c3FrOpW-Mk

The crowd would go nuts whenever BOAC did this track. Intersectionality of backpacker/underground hip hop and gaming, I guess.
"I've got a friend of polar nature, and it's all peace. You and I seek similar stars, but can't sit at the same feast."

"Not every pony grows up to be a Pegasus."

"There's smoke in my iris, but I painted a sunny day on the insides of my eyelids."

lydius

• Rep: 40
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2023, 06:49:55 PM »
a couple of people worked for years quietly remixing lots of the assets and resources of Ocarina into a whole new game (a romhack), and it just dropped a few weeks ago. it's friggin amazing, like a whole new game. a whole new overworld, new dungeon designs that feel more Wind Waker, custom cutscenes and music. gonna download an emulator and get to playing this one once work lets up a little. *teaser: you start out in prison underneath Hyrule Castle and have to escape/avoid the guards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIJ2hdF3d38&ab_channel=ZFG

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #76 on: April 27, 2023, 09:42:15 AM »
a couple of people worked for years quietly remixing lots of the assets and resources of Ocarina into a whole new game (a romhack), and it just dropped a few weeks ago. it's friggin amazing, like a whole new game. a whole new overworld, new dungeon designs that feel more Wind Waker, custom cutscenes and music. gonna download an emulator and get to playing this one once work lets up a little. *teaser: you start out in prison underneath Hyrule Castle and have to escape/avoid the guards

This is badass.  Dig the TES: Oblivion-style prison escape as an opening level.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2023, 09:43:33 AM »
Glad this thread is revived. I took the day off when TOTK drops. I'm so excited.

The Mexican Nancy Chin

• Rep: 112
« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2023, 12:30:55 PM »
Glad this thread is revived. I took the day off when TOTK drops. I'm so excited.
I'm gonna rush to play age of calamity before getting totk. I got it a couple years ago and just never got around to it. Super excited for totk though

caked

• Rep: 15
« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2023, 07:12:04 PM »
Pretty excited for TOTK and I'm really happy it's dropping a few days before I have a few long international flights where I'll have nothing to do but play. Good airport entertainment too.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1474
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #80 on: April 29, 2023, 12:29:13 AM »

I just applied the romhack using the online patcher from the same site as to download the romhack.

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/7663/

I had some revision version of the Ocarina rom so I found a working rom here.

https://archive.org/download/the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-usa_202012

You want the rom that isn't a revision.

Thanks for the heads up on this. I'm going to see if it's compatible with my emulator.

switchfakie

« Reply #81 on: April 29, 2023, 10:02:36 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I just applied the romhack using the online patcher from the same site as to download the romhack.

Thanks for the heads up on this. I'm going to see if it's compatible with my emulator.

ayo this mod looks sick asf

@layzieyez im talking about you <3

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1474
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #82 on: April 29, 2023, 10:27:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

ayo this mod looks sick asf

@layzieyez im talking about you <3
Aww, shucks. I didn't do the heavy lifting, but I figured why not just make it easy for everyone else. Hope your weekend has been solid.

BTW, I got it running on Project64. I'm still trying to find a better N64 emulator so convince me.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2023, 05:15:18 PM »
Looking forward to Tears of the Kingdom. Traditionally speaking, the 2nd Zelda on a console is usually less sick than the first one so I’m keeping my expectations in check.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2023, 06:52:09 PM »
Looking forward to Tears of the Kingdom. Traditionally speaking, the 2nd Zelda on a console is usually less sick than the first one so I’m keeping my expectations in check.

Interested to hear more about this since I don't know the exact timeline of the releases.
I for one love the darkness of Majoras Mask and how different it was in comparison to OOT.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2023, 07:01:35 PM »
Hopefully the aging Switch can handle TotK, and the guys at Yuzu / Ryujinx have optimized the the emulator to play this on launch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmuR6Seo8qs&ab_channel=xyz2theb

Edit: the vid was of Ryujinx playing TotK, 60fps but on a high end 4080 and i9.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2023, 06:49:04 AM by rocklobster »
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
« Reply #86 on: May 02, 2023, 07:33:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Interested to hear more about this since I don't know the exact timeline of the releases.
I for one love the darkness of Majoras Mask and how different it was in comparison to OOT.

Yeah sure,

On NES Zelda 2 isn’t as good as Legend of Zelda

On N64 Majora’s Mask isn’t as good as OoT

On GameCube Twighlight Princess isn’t as good as Wind Waker

And kind of a stretch but on the Wii Skyward Sword isn’t as good as the Wii version of Twighlight Princess.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #87 on: May 02, 2023, 11:25:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah sure,

And kind of a stretch but on the Wii Skyward Sword isn’t as good as the Wii version of Twighlight Princess.
Was spirit tracks as good as Phantom hourglass? Oh yeah nobody really likes either of those

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2023, 06:25:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah sure,

I know I'm being pedantic as heck but technically TOTK will be the first exclusive Switch Zelda, if we're ranking Twilight Princess versions. But that's an interesting perspective I haven't thought about before.

Either way I try to go into these games as an isolated experience. BOTW was probably the most mesmerizing gaming experience I've had as an adult and I'm not expecting to have that same experience again. But I know I'm gonna enjoy myself.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #89 on: May 03, 2023, 07:07:42 AM »
the healing is absolutely broken in breath of the wild lol
ONTARIO CANADA