Author Topic: Girl Skateboard's Next Generation: Flow dudes  (Read 6892 times)

Oprah Winfrey

Girl Skateboard's Next Generation: Flow dudes
« on: November 12, 2013, 02:47:03 PM »
Seeing as how Girl/Chocolate riders are the gold standard of skateboarding.. who is the up and coming Girl/Chocolate riders?

Post your local flow dudes.

Aidan Campbell / Bledsoe 2.0

« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 02:49:10 PM by Oprah Winfrey »

sonny sharrock

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 4
Re: Girl Skateboard's Next Generation: Flow dudes
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 03:10:46 PM »

4wheels

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 03:28:26 PM »
big fan of aidan. That hardflip he did out of the ditch that brandon westgate treflipped for his made ender was sick

Chron Artest

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 04:04:19 PM »
the homie sammy is another sml wheels rider getting flow from crailtap...

sweat stains

• Rep: 33
  • slap sux
    • Shady Griptape avatar image
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 05:13:51 PM »
Pretty sure this dude's flow still, maybe it was just for this ccs thing. He kills it though, skated with him a few times, he's a good kid.
damn those yarys bout those squats

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1482
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 05:24:35 PM »
Sml wheels needs to change the settings on their YouTube so I can watch their videos on my phone.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2013, 05:36:50 PM »
i know they are flow for chocolate but whats up with carlos ribeiro and jp souza?  They should just add aiden campbell, carlos and jp to the team.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2013, 05:50:27 PM »
There's no good reason Ribeiro isn't fully on.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

victor doom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • "Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2013, 06:14:51 PM »
Smyth is once again playing person roulette with the recent flow kids. Aiden, Ribiero, and Sammy should be hooked up fully. Also I need to see more from that one kid from Bakersfield who enters those damn ams contests and kills them. I forgot his name and I thought he was sick in contest clips but never seen a video part though. Im mentioning this kid cause I thought he was on flow with Girl, Royal, and Lakai

cookieboy

• Rep: 10
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2013, 06:17:27 PM »
Pretty sure this dude's flow still, maybe it was just for this ccs thing. He kills it though, skated with him a few times, he's a good kid.

I know Nolan! Stoked that everything is going for him. He kills it! Hope to skate with him once I'm back home for the winter.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2013, 06:23:05 PM »
there is / was 2 brothers on girl flow I belive ? one had the most beautiful  hardflips ever

forgot what his brother was called

both should be on though , Kyle has awsome trick selection and style

weaselhead

• Rep: 36
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2013, 06:32:02 PM »
JP Souza too
I heard it today, "make money, buy sandwiches".

Bliz

• Rep: -35
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2013, 06:33:46 PM »
there is / was 2 brothers on girl flow I belive ? one had the most beautiful� hardflips ever

forgot what his brother was called

both should be on though , Kyle has awsome trick selection and style

You wouldn't happen to know what happened to either of them would you?  The nollie biggerspin late flip was one of my favorite from those two to watch

Bliz

• Rep: -35
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2013, 06:38:03 PM »
One of my current favorites as far as flow kids go is the newest guy on Zero, Chris Wimer.  Jamie Thomas has been filming with him for quite some time and continues posting pictures/videos of the kid and brought him on tour this summer so I'm hoping he makes the cut for those fellas.

Besides him Cody Whitt is gnarly

Oprah Winfrey

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2013, 06:42:15 PM »
Smyth is once again playing person roulette with the recent flow kids. Aiden, Ribiero, and Sammy should be hooked up fully. Also I need to see more from that one kid from Bakersfield who enters those damn ams contests and kills them. I forgot his name and I thought he was sick in contest clips but never seen a video part though. Im mentioning this kid cause I thought he was on flow with Girl, Royal, and Lakai

Dylan Williams

Probably A Robot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
  • dancing about architecture
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2013, 09:20:55 PM »
If you want to go pro for Girl/Chocolate, it seems like a better bet to be an am for another company than to be flow for them.
"I'm regular, but I identify as switch backside."

hankmasterflex

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2013, 10:19:44 PM »
my guy trevor just got on

Safariferrari

• Rep: 42
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2013, 10:41:14 PM »
Chocolate definitely slept on Yaje.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2013, 11:42:39 PM »
If you want to go pro for Girl/Chocolate, it seems like a better bet to be an am for another company than to be flow for them.

This might be true for Chocolate but Cory, Mike Mo, Malto and Olson who are the last guys to fully get on Girl came up from flow. They have passed on some very talented guys recently Romar, Espinoza and Lem, but I feel like the standard to get on Girl is extremely high, possibly the highest in skateboarding.

Probably A Robot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
  • dancing about architecture
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2013, 12:11:30 AM »
True. I guess I was thinking more of Chocolate, and the fact that certain Girl flow people have been slept on, but like you said they have insanely high standards which I understand.
"I'm regular, but I identify as switch backside."

93tilinfinity

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2013, 07:31:11 AM »
Being flow for Girl is better than being am for most teams. You get sooooo much product it's fucked up(at least for some).

Sorry, GIRL(Chocolate, Crailtap, etc) isn't the same anymore though. None of the newer riders will ever be a Koston, Carroll, Howard,or Guy.... except for Vince and Corey(those dudes rip hard and are very innovative). Maybe if they still had P-Rod and Alex Olson(you're more than welcome to disagree).

Justin Eldridge sucks and so does Chris Roberts..... oh, and Daniel Castillo(sigh).

Raven, Stevie, and Elijah should not be pro. I don't even think Raven should be on at all but that's because I'm compairing him to Greyson.

Girl used to be something but they keep adding mediocre dudes. It's tight that Jerry Hsu is on but it's a little late in the game.

P.S. Can Guy go back to "Mouse" days? I'm fuckin' sick of his curb dancing shananigans like a fag. I wanna see him rape ledges a sex offender again.

93tilinfinity

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2013, 07:44:26 AM »
They have a company list of teams of "Yes" and "No" teams. So let's say you skate for "Darkstar"  there is no way in hell you could get on Girl. Sometimes they make exceptions but sometimes you'll see dudes quit teams and go underground only to go flow for Girl/Choc in hopes of one day getting on. Robbie McKinley is a perfect example. He quit Blind to go flow for Girl then eventually got on..... and then piled the fuck out(but whatevs).

Skateboarding is very political/gay.

pantless

• Rep: 13
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2013, 08:23:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
They have a company list of teams of "Yes" and "No" teams. So let's say you skate for "Darkstar"  there is no way in hell you could get on Girl. Sometimes they make exceptions but sometimes you'll see dudes quit teams and go underground only to go flow for Girl/Choc in hopes of one day getting on. Robbie McKinley is a perfect example. He quit Blind to go flow for Girl then eventually got on..... and then piled the fuck out(but whatevs).

Skateboarding is very political/gay.

I agree that skateboarding is very political, but I think you're wrong about the "yes/no" teams. It's just that the "no" teams attract the people who don't have a strong enough image/aren't popular enough to merit being on a big name team. They might eventually be over being pro for a shit company, and choose to go for a more legit one and cool their career down.

The thing is, everyone fucking rips now too. There are tons of people out there who don't deserve to be ignored for their skills, but when it comes down to it, there isn't much separating them from other people who rip and are also coming up. How can any company realistically choose between the hundreds of amazing skateboarders? The market is saturated, so to speak.

As for Robbie McKinley, he was a man am. He even said in an interview that he had a sit down with Rick or Carroll (or both) and they basically told him that he had no image, but if he wanted to develop one, that he could go pro. He's a white tee wearing kind of guy, so he declined. I believe he said that he didn't think that he deserved to be pro. The decision seemed pretty mutual.

bubbles

• Rep: -4
  • her name bubbles
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2013, 08:53:59 AM »

coop D.O.G.G.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
  • I'm thirsty
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2013, 09:13:40 AM »
Ty Beall's been getting stuff from Chocolate for a minute. This is a part from a year or so ago but his new part in Venue's OLD DOMINION is on another level. Not online yet but it barks.

and here comes coop dogg.....................

new_york_shitty

• Rep: -18
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2013, 09:24:32 AM »
Being flow for Girl is better than being am for most teams. You get sooooo much product it's fucked up(at least for some).

Sorry, GIRL(Chocolate, Crailtap, etc) isn't the same anymore though. None of the newer riders will ever be a Koston, Carroll, Howard,or Guy.... except for Vince and Corey(those dudes rip hard and are very innovative). Maybe if they still had P-Rod and Alex Olson(you're more than welcome to disagree).

Justin Eldridge sucks and so does Chris Roberts..... oh, and Daniel Castillo(sigh).

Raven, Stevie, and Elijah should not be pro. I don't even think Raven should be on at all but that's because I'm compairing him to Greyson.

Girl used to be something but they keep adding mediocre dudes. It's tight that Jerry Hsu is on but it's a little late in the game.

P.S. Can Guy go back to "Mouse" days? I'm fuckin' sick of his curb dancing shananigans like a fag. I wanna see him rape ledges a sex offender again.

Kill yourself.

Tarela

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 11
  • We spent four seasons at the Four Seasons twice
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2013, 09:53:57 AM »

You really live up you to your name..

marbrosmoke

• Rep: -8
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2013, 10:04:25 AM »

Nolan still is flow from Girl, Fourstar & Lakai. Nolan is the shit!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 10:13:28 AM by marbrosmoke »

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2013, 12:58:48 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I remember seeing this kid all the time in Culver City, wasn't he on Sugar skateboards??

marbrosmoke

• Rep: -8
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2013, 01:11:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I remember seeing this kid all the time in Culver City, wasn't he on Sugar skateboards??
Probably, all that matters now is Girl is hooking him up proper. That kid deserves it, great dude with awesome style. He actually reminds me of a young Guy Mariano.