Author Topic: Old Dudes Post Up Here...  (Read 304095 times)

Dustwardprez

Re: Old Dudes Post Up Here...
« Reply #1560 on: May 13, 2019, 04:52:56 PM »
Nice. I like ledges too.

C Dash Money

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -10
« Reply #1561 on: May 13, 2019, 09:32:20 PM »
I feel like snowboarding is really fun but just looks incredibly corny. The aesthetic is just painful. Plus it is exclusive. One of the big appeals of skateboarding is its simplicity...just a piece of wood with wheels and you can use it practically anywhere. Sort of like soccer in that regard.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1562 on: May 13, 2019, 10:29:47 PM »
Pow rules....

sbmfj

• Rep: 56
« Reply #1563 on: June 12, 2019, 05:02:47 AM »
Pow does rule.

Hit the axle on my Indy’s ( barely ). Another milestone. Te exposed rubber was throwing off my nose slide game.

Saw Tiago skate other day. So good. Very humble and polite too. His part in The dime video will be something else.

Hope everyone’s getting some shred time in.

Hope photo is properly sized. Cant seem to figure this out

sorry for the huge pic. Im getting old.

Have a good one.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 09:47:06 AM by sbmfj »

hateboard

• Rep: -277
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #1564 on: June 12, 2019, 06:00:37 AM »
I’m pretty much same age as poster but I just don’t understand how you can freeze your tastes in skating like most old skaters do. I loved the usual suspects back in the day but I’m just as hyped to watch the new up and comer kids now as well. I never could relate to the sweaty pad bowl goons my age who still worship old legends but burn any new kids who are absolutely destroying it, saying shit like id rather watch cardiel eat his cereal than see some kid switch flip back noseblunt a rail. Back when we watched Mouse, Questionable etc it seemed impossible to even imagine this shit, now its here arent you excited??

Besides, Old skate vids dont age well, sure some more than others. But to just stop liking new shit and keep smashing the classics on loop makes no sense to me. I’ll watch anything and love it, thrasher + raw cuts, team vids, shop vids, youtube vids, street league, nine club (inc experience), berrics (even though its often fucking boring), nike parts, frog parts, gx parts, that other sf crews parts, insta throwies, fuck even nyjahs send saturdays beats watching nothing at all! Its all good to me, its all skating and I can never have enough new shit... I’ll even be watching the olympics with beer and a bowl of popcorn in the dark hoping none of you core skataliban fuckers see me.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1063
« Reply #1565 on: June 27, 2019, 05:57:19 PM »
Anyone get dizzy skating? Almost like sea sick? I can’t do a run on a mini ramp anymore without wanting to puke. I am thinking of taking a Dramamine before going skating. This is totally an age thing and getting worse in my 40s. It’s making skating almost unenjoyable. Anyone experiencing this frustrating issue? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1323
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #1566 on: June 27, 2019, 06:53:44 PM »
Anyone get dizzy skating? Almost like sea sick? I can’t do a run on a mini ramp anymore without wanting to puke. I am thinking of taking a Dramamine before going skating. This is totally an age thing and getting worse in my 40s. It’s making skating almost unenjoyable. Anyone experiencing this frustrating issue? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

That doesn't necessarily sound like an age thing. Get yerself checked by an ear nose and throat doctor because it sounds like an inner ear thing.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Churby

• Rep: -1
« Reply #1567 on: June 27, 2019, 07:43:18 PM »

I get dizzy on ramps too
Could be vertigo, I always think mine is from old concussions from skating and hockey but being hydrated really helps and stretching. I try to skate a lot, if I get dizzy I stop and try to skate later or the next day. I get 1 good session in a week with a few failed attempts because of dizzy was or headaches or spot is fucked up. I’ve learned that skateparks cause the most dizziness so I stick to street spots.

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1568 on: June 27, 2019, 08:05:24 PM »

Anytime I have taken Dramamine it has always fucked me up even worse. Personally I wouldn't recommend it, couldn't imagine skating on it.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1569 on: June 27, 2019, 08:09:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That doesn't necessarily sound like an age thing. Get yerself checked by an ear nose and throat doctor because it sounds like an inner ear thing.

I can still skate a mini (poorly) but some of that stuff definitely changes when you get older. I feel like I could puke when I swing on a swing set with my kids and I was out of commission for several hours after going on a Tilt a Whirl. Still OK on roller coaster though.

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1570 on: June 27, 2019, 10:01:39 PM »
I’m pretty much same age as poster but I just don’t understand how you can freeze your tastes in skating like most old skaters do. I loved the usual suspects back in the day but I’m just as hyped to watch the new up and comer kids now as well. I never could relate to the sweaty pad bowl goons my age who still worship old legends but burn any new kids who are absolutely destroying it, saying shit like id rather watch cardiel eat his cereal than see some kid switch flip back noseblunt a rail. Back when we watched Mouse, Questionable etc it seemed impossible to even imagine this shit, now its here arent you excited??

Besides, Old skate vids dont age well, sure some more than others. But to just stop liking new shit and keep smashing the classics on loop makes no sense to me. I’ll watch anything and love it, thrasher + raw cuts, team vids, shop vids, youtube vids, street league, nine club (inc experience), berrics (even though its often fucking boring), nike parts, frog parts, gx parts, that other sf crews parts, insta throwies, fuck even nyjahs send saturdays beats watching nothing at all! Its all good to me, its all skating and I can never have enough new shit... I’ll even be watching the olympics with beer and a bowl of popcorn in the dark hoping none of you core skataliban fuckers see me.

are you the unabomber? lol wtf bro.

ChasingCars

« Reply #1571 on: July 02, 2019, 08:27:53 PM »

Set Up: 8.0 Scumco
             Destructo Trucks
             Yellow Jackets ABEC 5
              Spitfire F4 Conicals
              Mob M-80
Preferred Terrain: street and parks
Favorite skaters: Mullen, Hensley, Kevin Taylor, Carlos Lastra,
Music:  Classic Rock, 90’s Grunge and Alt, Anything slightly depressing but interesting
Married: Divorcing but with a girlfriend
Kids: Three - 20, 15 and due in October
Job: Senior Purchasing and Inventory Manager

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #1572 on: July 03, 2019, 10:54:09 AM »

Set Up: 8.0 Scumco
             Destructo Trucks
             Yellow Jackets ABEC 5
              Spitfire F4 Conicals
              Mob M-80
Favorite skaters: Mullen, Hensley, Kevin Taylor, Carlos Lastra,
Music:  Classic Rock, 90’s Grunge and Alt, Anything slightly depressing but interesting
Married: Divorcing but with a girlfriend
Kids: Three - 20, 15 and due in October
Job: Senior Purchasing and Inventory Manager
Krooked 8.25
Ace 44
Preferred terrain: Wherever there are no kids/pebbles
Married: With a vengeance
Kids: a 21-year-old who thinks she can do everything better than me. As if.
Job: Writer.

Technique

« Reply #1573 on: July 03, 2019, 11:49:02 AM »
Damn, I’m sorry, but this thread is the saddest shit I’ve ever seen. I was already depressed before looking at this and now I’m even more depressed because this thread made me realize I’m also gonna become old and shitty.

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 204
« Reply #1574 on: July 03, 2019, 12:22:51 PM »
Damn, I’m sorry, but this thread is the saddest shit I’ve ever seen. I was already depressed before looking at this and now I’m even more depressed because this thread made me realize I’m also gonna become old and shitty.
The trick is to enjoy being shitty, but don’t worry child, you’ll quit skating long before you get old.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #1575 on: July 03, 2019, 12:25:06 PM »
Maybe not as old as some in here, but I fit this demographic more than others in my age group.

Make it out to skate 1-2 times a week, 5 years ago we moved about 2 hours away so my wife could get her doctorate so I don't have any homies at the parks. Making friends in your 30's is weird. Now I'm just a weird dude that shows up and films himself on his phone at the park.

Set Up:
8.25 Quasi
5.8 Venture High
Bones Swiss
Spitfire F4 tablets 53mm
Mob

Favorite skaters: Kirchart, Cards, Worrest
Music:  90's Hip Hop
Married: Divorced and remarried 
Kids: Three - 9, 7 (with first wife) and 4 (with current wife)
Job: Facilities Manager
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 12:42:46 PM by arrbee »
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

sbmfj

« Reply #1576 on: July 03, 2019, 12:39:48 PM »
Man, I had kids late in life compared to you guys. 42 with a 2.5 and 5 yo.

Good luck with the new one Chasing Cards. Im just getting out of diapers, couldnt imagine starting over again.

ChasingCars

« Reply #1577 on: July 03, 2019, 04:26:48 PM »
Man, I had kids late in life compared to you guys. 42 with a 2.5 and 5 yo.

Good luck with the new one Chasing Cards. Im just getting out of diapers, couldnt imagine starting over again.

Thanks man, I was and am apprehensive about starting over but that is usually part of the deal when you start dating a 27 year old with no kids. Now if I could just get me ex-wife out of my wallet things would be pretty perfect.

ohnowisee

• Rep: -2
« Reply #1578 on: July 03, 2019, 05:14:41 PM »

Skate probably 2/3 times a week. I prefer to skate alone, plus I know no one out in North Texas. Found a great shop, but it's like an hour away. Skating since 10, but gave up on paying attention to it and trying anything for like 7 years and actually started trying tricks again a little over a year ago.

Set Up:
8.06 DGK(Currently.  Normally I'll ride Girl/Choco 008, but I'm trying different sizes and companies)
Krux Standard(normally it's venture lows)
Andales
Bones 52mm Cody Lockwood
Mob

Preferred Terrain: curbs, dried up ditches and concrete parks
Favorite skaters: Jamie Thomas, Daewon, McCrank
Music:  Punk, Ska, Hip-Hop, Folk, Jam bands, whatever I feel(mostly Disney tracks when my son's awake)
Married: Married 
Kids: 1.5 year old and 3 dogs
Job: Supervisor for a Major Airline
Ilford is way more core than Kodak - natenola forever

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #1579 on: July 03, 2019, 05:27:14 PM »

Music:  Punk, Ska, Hip-Hop, Folk, Jam bands, whatever I feel(mostly Disney tracks when my son's awake)

"Let It Go" is the anthem. Put your damn hands up.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #1580 on: July 03, 2019, 05:57:02 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

We ran the frozen soundtrack into the dirt in my house/car.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

ohnowisee

« Reply #1581 on: July 03, 2019, 06:26:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

We ran the frozen soundtrack into the dirt in my house/car.

It's Hakuna Matata over and over again for us. I've tried pushing Why should I worry from Oliver and Company because it's a little more bearable, but all I get is " ta ta, ta ta"

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1582 on: July 03, 2019, 09:29:30 PM »
I just turned 44. Am I too old to skate in board shorts? It felt so nice.

sbmfj

« Reply #1583 on: July 04, 2019, 05:12:14 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Thanks for putting that in my head this morning...lol

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
« Reply #1584 on: July 04, 2019, 06:40:52 AM »

I’m better at skating in most ways at 31 than I was at 16. Just adapt and keep pushing. What happens when I approach 40... well, we’ll see.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
« Reply #1585 on: July 04, 2019, 06:44:13 AM »
How many of yall have forgotten that you ever had certain tricks?  I was watching a teenage street part of mine yesterday and was shocked to see clean front heels and back 5050 back 180 out. Legitimately had no idea i ever had those tricks like that.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1063
« Reply #1586 on: July 04, 2019, 07:01:13 AM »
I just turned 44. Am I too old to skate in board shorts? It felt so nice.

If it is too cold for shorts (sub 45 F) I just won’t skate. Keep your white socks high for warmth and shinner protection.

Around 2007 I basically reverted back to Hocus Focus dress code and I have been there ever since. I feel like I am a few years away from being in style.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #1587 on: July 04, 2019, 07:02:43 AM »
How many of yall have forgotten that you ever had certain tricks?  I was watching a teenage street part of mine yesterday and was shocked to see clean front heels and back 5050 back 180 out. Legitimately had no idea i ever had those tricks like that.
Front heels imo is the most difficult trick ever and anybody who can land those deserves to be praised.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #1588 on: July 04, 2019, 08:51:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Front heels imo is the most difficult trick ever and anybody who can land those deserves to be praised.
;D This happened to me last year. I asked a friend for tips on fakie tre flips, then I started getting 'em down really well. Then like a month later I found a photo from '94 of me doing one on flat. I was like, "Oh yeah I used to have those."  ::)

ohnowisee

« Reply #1589 on: July 04, 2019, 11:30:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
;D This happened to me last year. I asked a friend for tips on fakie tre flips, then I started getting 'em down really well. Then like a month later I found a photo from '94 of me doing one on flat. I was like, "Oh yeah I used to have those."  ::)

Half cab heels used to come so easily to me.  I landed them before a kickflip, but not so much now.