Author Topic: Old Dudes Post Up Here...  (Read 301627 times)

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1351
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Old Dudes Post Up Here...
« Reply #2490 on: December 18, 2021, 02:52:24 PM »
Expand Quote
I’m guessing pivot out means revert them? Anyway now that you’ve got 1/2 cab rocks and b/s rocks combine them and once you’ve got those get front rocks. Once those are consistent you’ve got 1/2 cab to front rock out. Then everything switch ,etc, etc…
Have you tried sweepers yet? They’re pretty easy and there’s a million variations you can do.
[close]

Haven’t tried sweepers yet.  “Life is a hell ride” above, did one on my ramp so I know they are possible here.  But got dam, jumping onto the board into the transition is CRAZY!!!! (To me).

I’m starting to think maybe I should make a 4 foot extension to my ramp that’s like 1.5 feet to 2 feet tall so I can practice some things a bit lower.

was thinking reverts, not pivots like that other dude said. lots of weed and end of semester and post covid brain has my memory a lil fuzzy sometimes!!! I think they look super nice as a mini ramp trick
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Fhk

« Reply #2491 on: December 18, 2021, 06:12:17 PM »
What up homies!  Just a little “progress” video here.  Thanks to all the Slappers that have provided tip and tricks to getting this line together.  A little over 15 months ago, I had a list of beginner tricks on repeat (on a smaller ramp) but blew my knees out big time dropping into a 7’ concrete quarter-pipe.  The bs rock-n-roll was the last trick I needed to get back.  I don’t quite have it but am stoked to now be throwing it into my very short line. 

These are basically all my tricks, not including bs slash, and bs + fs kick turns (I count EVERYTHING as a trick, even dropping in!)

https://youtu.be/7-8wCadTlIc
There it is! Looking good @dofrenzy

dofrenzy

« Reply #2492 on: December 18, 2021, 06:29:47 PM »
They’re basically just dropping in with a little hop. You can cheat up to them on your ramp. Did that waaaay back when I learned them on an 8’er. Just run up the transition holding you nose in your front hand, turn and hop on. Then just do them a little higher when your comfortable. Once you’re used to the weight movement, just drop in from one and then you only have to ride up and catch them and that’s the easiest part. If that makes sense at all?

Makes perfect sense and I appreciate the trick tips!  I do need some “next” tricks to get started on (front side slash grind and front side axle stall are in that list), and the sweeper is definitely a good looking trick to me that seems like something I can work up to.  Thank you!

dofrenzy

« Reply #2493 on: December 18, 2021, 06:35:22 PM »
There it is! Looking good @dofrenzy

Thank you @Seventyfuhkinseven!  Still a little sketchy and still getting the timing down, but feels so good, especially when the wheels bark a little coming back in.

dofrenzy

« Reply #2494 on: December 18, 2021, 06:42:26 PM »

was thinking reverts, not pivots like that other dude said. lots of weed and end of semester and post covid brain has my memory a lil fuzzy sometimes!!! I think they look super nice as a mini ramp trick

No worries mate, I assumed revert but didn’t know exactly.  My nephew does them from a nose stall and it is definitely a cool looking way to come back in.  I think if I got that revert from tail stall, I would then be fakie and be setup for a fakie backside 360 on the other side of the ramp, something I saw a girl do at the park and and it looked really nice.

My list of “next” tricks is growing!

sid vicious

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 61
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2495 on: December 18, 2021, 06:44:04 PM »
Expand Quote
40 tricks I learnt during my 40th year on this planet.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWiycSDsoq0/
[close]

In my head, this is how I'd skate if I hadn't put so much time and effort into snowboarding during my 20s and 30s.  BS 180 fakie manny is my nemesis right now... as is any manny combo really.  Another banger from the old codger crew!

so good, You're killing it

Richard Skidder

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 410
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2496 on: December 20, 2021, 07:40:13 AM »
Quick question about preventing back pain here: will lightening up my setup help to prevent some of the sciatica that I’m getting after the sesh or is it so negligible that it isn’t worth it? I’m already stretching, hydrating, and taking supplements. Thanks in advance.

Fhk

« Reply #2497 on: December 20, 2021, 08:22:07 AM »
Quick question about preventing back pain here: will lightening up my setup help to prevent some of the sciatica that I’m getting after the sesh or is it so negligible that it isn’t worth it? I’m already stretching, hydrating, and taking supplements. Thanks in advance.
I have never noticed a difference when going from light setups to real heavy ones. I got a little more involved in stretching that area and that eliminated my pain, for the most part.

Richard Skidder

• Rep: 410
« Reply #2498 on: December 20, 2021, 08:40:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I have never noticed a difference when going from light setups to real heavy ones. I got a little more involved in stretching that area and that eliminated my pain, for the most part.

That’s kind of what I was hoping to hear. I’m pretty happy with my setup overall and don’t really want to have to make any changes. I kind of freaked out because my last curb session took me out for almost a month.

Jory4

• Rep: 106
« Reply #2499 on: February 02, 2022, 10:32:51 AM »
Haven’t had chance to skate much recently. It’s cold, life and the surfs been pretty fun…..

Learnt a couple of new old man tricks at lunchtime though….

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZfB3WSpGYl/

Loving the dressen eyes slick I recently set up on our crusty curbs!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 12:55:31 PM by Jory4 »

FUBAR

• Rep: 231
« Reply #2500 on: February 03, 2022, 03:41:26 AM »
Rad video! Made me want to go skate!
Heading into my 46th b day next week, Im off the day after and am going to hit a couple different parks and then some curbs. I miss the days of being able to skate all day, any day you want. But having a job is good, too. Gotta eat!

dofrenzy

« Reply #2501 on: February 03, 2022, 04:08:09 AM »
@Jory4 really nice skating!

skunty

• Rep: 68
« Reply #2502 on: February 03, 2022, 07:26:28 AM »
40 tricks I learnt during my 40th year on this planet.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWiycSDsoq0/

Tail to disaster really made me smile... gonna try and learn that one. Might do a skate my age challenge too that's a cool idea

Jory4

« Reply #2503 on: February 03, 2022, 07:47:15 AM »
@dofrenzy @fubar

Thanks!! Haven’t skated much for a few weeks but was warm (ish) and dry and felt so good to roll around!!

Also @franc you rip!!

Frank and Fred

« Reply #2504 on: February 06, 2022, 07:44:35 PM »
Haven't busted out the out the selfie stick in quite some time but the light was pretty great this afternoon. Broke in a new curb and got a couple of flips...

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CZqB1hWpB4f/

(I'm not sure why I can't embed IG)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 07:52:07 PM by Frank and Fred »

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #2505 on: February 06, 2022, 09:46:15 PM »
Wow franc! Every once in a while I get the urge to try something somewhat technical and I quickly realize those days are long gone. Bs 180 fakie manny looks so fun.
Here’s my little contribution to try to add to the old dude hype. Best of 2021 insta remix. 45 years old and no end in sight.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CYJmFDxh0Ss/?utm_medium=copy_link

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1351
« Reply #2506 on: February 06, 2022, 09:57:13 PM »
Wow franc! Every once in a while I get the urge to try something somewhat technical and I quickly realize those days are long gone. Bs 180 fakie manny looks so fun.
Here’s my little contribution to try to add to the old dude hype. Best of 2021 insta remix. 45 years old and no end in sight.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CYJmFDxh0Ss/?utm_medium=copy_link

hoooooly smokes. bigs ups, dude. awesome clip right there. that makes me want to go skate. I'm tryna find a small rail to take down on the coming 37th year
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #2507 on: February 06, 2022, 10:26:50 PM »
This is perhaps the best thread. So many rippers shredding the proverbial "gnar."
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

dofrenzy

« Reply #2508 on: February 07, 2022, 09:03:32 AM »
Totally rad clip @handsclapanin!

giblets

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2509 on: February 11, 2022, 02:13:32 PM »

Excuse the Slow-mo Screen grab... Local DIY.
DIY looks incredible! like ancient Rome

Mr.Jenkins

• Rep: 156
« Reply #2510 on: February 11, 2022, 02:22:38 PM »
Going to the park morrow for the old guys session in the morning - Got this last time.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZm5ny2MdsJ/

Being trying to get my 43 year old body to agree to more switchstuff, have been getting switch tre´s down pretty good which is something I couldn't do in my prime, which is kinda wierd trick to get after your 40´s I guess. . Happy to get the bs flip in again too  :)

Trying to think about something new to get tomorrow..

nevrwasben

« Reply #2511 on: February 11, 2022, 05:05:15 PM »
Going to the park morrow for the old guys session in the morning - Got this last time.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZm5ny2MdsJ/

Being trying to get my 43 year old body to agree to more switchstuff, have been getting switch tre´s down pretty good which is something I couldn't do in my prime, which is kinda wierd trick to get after your 40´s I guess. . Happy to get the bs flip in again too  :)

Trying to think about something new to get tomorrow..
That was dope
And that park looks fun

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #2512 on: February 11, 2022, 05:26:58 PM »
Haven't busted out the out the selfie stick in quite some time but the light was pretty great this afternoon. Broke in a new curb and got a couple of flips...

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CZqB1hWpB4f/

(I'm not sure why I can't embed IG)

That looks like fun!

The new way they have single videos doesn't allow embedding, but at least the link is there to click on and watch.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

sbmfj

• Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2513 on: February 16, 2022, 05:02:22 PM »
Loved the edit hadsaclappin - props for all that hadrail stuff. Mad skills.

Nice suff Mr Jenkins - oark looks like fun!!

franc

• Rep: 96
« Reply #2514 on: March 21, 2022, 02:05:11 PM »
Your Best Of 2021 clip was awesome @handsclapanin Literally radical.

Thank you all for the kind words. Glad my skate-your-age challenge clip made some of you happy.  :)

Tail to disaster really made me smile... gonna try and learn that one. Might do a skate my age challenge too that's a cool idea

Rad! Have you tried it? Puleo posted the same trick but done backside on Insta a while ago, I went back to the same spot and tried it but couldn't get it. Will have to go back. The frontside version felt really good.

I posted a new mini solo winter edit on Insta yesterday, here it is. Had fun skating this winter but am really glad spring is here!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbVS2Q7qcAY/

Jory4

« Reply #2515 on: March 22, 2022, 03:53:17 AM »

dofrenzy

« Reply #2516 on: March 22, 2022, 04:13:33 AM »
@Jory4such a nice ramp, and honestly I could spend a few years trying to get those tricks!  Very nice.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #2517 on: March 22, 2022, 04:33:29 AM »
It’s been warming up here recently so I’ve been dusting off my limited mini skills…..

Sweeper combos and variations are so much fun!!!

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #2518 on: April 03, 2022, 02:18:16 PM »
Milking this spot. Two blocks from my house, which makes it good for quick half hour sessions.

http://www.instagram.com/p/Cb5tO4aAtO9/

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #2519 on: April 03, 2022, 07:40:43 PM »
Milking this spot. Two blocks from my house, which makes it good for quick half hour sessions.

http://www.instagram.com/p/Cb5tO4aAtO9/
Good stuff.