Author Topic: Old Dudes Post Up Here...  (Read 301762 times)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Re: Old Dudes Post Up Here...
« Reply #2520 on: April 03, 2022, 11:53:00 PM »
I hate that reels don’t let you embed links…
Anyways, was dreaming about these for a good minute:
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CbnAIw4PZQo/?utm_medium=copy_link

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

llmantisll

• Rep: 7
« Reply #2521 on: April 04, 2022, 09:15:29 AM »
https://youtu.be/uYT_7mr9rrk

Dad cam clips from past year and a half or so. New here, so I might not have posted the link correctly. If not, any help on how to would be appreciated.

dofrenzy

« Reply #2522 on: April 04, 2022, 09:36:56 AM »

Dad cam clips from past year and a half or so. New here, so I might not have posted the link correctly. If not, any help on how to would be appreciated.

Link works fine, skating is steezy!

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1117
« Reply #2523 on: April 04, 2022, 10:04:28 AM »
Both clips are rad. Great skating
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2524 on: April 05, 2022, 01:56:21 AM »

damn nollieing out of a slappy noseslide looks great...never would have thought of that. Gonna try it next session (and fail probably, but I'll try!    :-X  )

Sonny Paluso

« Reply #2525 on: April 05, 2022, 03:30:40 AM »

So rad.  Thank you for your service, Jimmy!

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #2526 on: April 05, 2022, 04:05:30 AM »

Fantastic spot, fantastic clips.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2527 on: April 05, 2022, 06:08:41 AM »
@llmantisll skates as fast as I wish I could skate…

sbmfj

• Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2528 on: April 28, 2022, 01:02:48 PM »
I will definitely agree with whoever made the statement about personal edits – I gets ya pumped up and its really nice to look back at them. I gotta finish my 2021 edit, it almost done. More of the same!

I had made that comment a few pages back about tripods and skaing alone – It was misunderstood – just meant to say that I go to the skate spot solo – not much of a crew to skate with, but yes, linking up with random kids at the spot is lots of fun. Without skateboarding, there is no reason why some 20 year old (or whatever age kid) would talk to me, but when Im on a board, we can kinda bro down and just talk about anything, a nice change! I have limited time to skate, and like certain spots over others so I just do my thing – don’t get me wrong, would love to skate with others, but its very hard to piece together at times so I end up solo skating – Ive gotten used to it…

Tripod filming is kinda neat as I don’t have to bother someone to film me – kinda of embarrassing to ask at times, but we’re all guilty of it at one point or another. I always have a hard time getting good angles with the ol tripod – scared of getting it to close to the ledge – don’t wanna break my Iphone. I have an old go Pro, use that quite a bit, its hella tuff and can take the abuse. I should prob try to figure out which is the best angle for frontside vs backside tricks, one day.

Thinking of a skate trip this year. Hit the big ol 45 and never really travelled much for skating so I’d says its kinda now or never. Ive been on a few solo snowboard trips and its been a blast. Skating’s a little different though… Anyone here ever go on solo skate trips? Im not sure where to go, most prob somewhere in the US, maybe SF, kinda cliché and all  but looks pretty neat. I imagine the vibe situation there could be kinda high but what are you goona do. Id love to skate those ledges at the pier – just to be there for a day would be really something. Pulaski plaza would be neat too. Those ledges look like tons of fun. Any suggestions?

Saw a quote online the other day, really resonated with my skating…”The triumph cannot be had with the struggle”. And man do I struggle at times!!! I think I honestly prob tried at least 200 b/s 180 fakie nosegrinds last summer – managed to snag 2, and holy cow did they feel good!!

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #2529 on: April 28, 2022, 01:43:51 PM »
I try to explain that to people and give praise to those who have figured it out……if you can find a way to skate alone and enjoy yourself….life will be a lot easier….

That said, it is also awesome to connect…..

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #2530 on: April 28, 2022, 01:59:22 PM »
Skating’s a little different though… Anyone here ever go on solo skate trips?

Do you mean like, a road trip where you take a skateboard? Yeah.
ok thanks

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #2531 on: April 28, 2022, 03:48:17 PM »

Damn dude, this edit is really impressive. The nollie out of the slappy noseslide and the Drake Jones style pop shuv over the can are both too good.

sbmfj

« Reply #2532 on: April 28, 2022, 06:31:02 PM »
Thats one hell of an edit indeed. Mega pop and love all the nollie stuff. That nollie krook and noselide are soo nice. All top notch!

Yea Big Dave, but most likely by plane. Washington is a 12 hour drive. West coast maybe 3 days? Ill pass and splurge on a ticket, try and find a sale or something...

Sonny Paluso

« Reply #2533 on: May 04, 2022, 02:46:09 AM »
Retired my CTAS pros for something a little more substantial.  Stepped up to Emerica Gamma (non G6) with Kingfoam 7mm flat insoles with custom arch support.  My 49 year old knees and legs felt so much better after skating today.  Once the insoles warmed up, was like walking on little puffy clouds.  Board feel is a bit meh, but fine for me as I'm not doing much. Even the small jumping off has such an effect on my legs and knees, and sometimes back.  As much as I'd like to shed some weight, I'm pretty content at 225lbs.  Eat fairly healthy and am pretty active, just can't seem to get down into the low 200's.  Anyhoo, any other old full figured guys pretty much retired from vulc shoes?

Edit: this is what I'm working with size wise, I'm the old fart on the left with green hat
secure free image hosting site

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2534 on: May 04, 2022, 04:18:13 AM »
I try to explain that to people and give praise to those who have figured it out……if you can find a way to skate alone and enjoy yourself….life will be a lot easier….

That said, it is also awesome to connect…..

I cherish skating alone. I can set up little goals for myself and try to get to them and not have to worry about talking to anyone or avoiding shit or getting in anyone's way. It's nice.

nevrwasben

« Reply #2535 on: May 04, 2022, 06:36:08 AM »
Retired my CTAS pros for something a little more substantial.  Stepped up to Emerica Gamma (non G6) with Kingfoam 7mm flat insoles with custom arch support.  My 49 year old knees and legs felt so much better after skating today.  Once the insoles warmed up, was like walking on little puffy clouds.  Board feel is a bit meh, but fine for me as I'm not doing much. Even the small jumping off has such an effect on my legs and knees, and sometimes back.  As much as I'd like to shed some weight, I'm pretty content at 225lbs.  Eat fairly healthy and am pretty active, just can't seem to get down into the low 200's.  Anyhoo, any other old full figured guys pretty much retired from vulc shoes?

Edit: this is what I'm working with size wise, I'm the old fart on the left with green hat
secure free image hosting site
44, 6’1, 220ish (low 200s IS hard)
Still running Vans Pro/Skate vulcs, but I only skate 2-3 times a month for 2-4 hours at a time on low impact stuff, so it doesn’t really affect me terribly.
The last cupsoles that I skated were the 2nd(?) Puigs from Adidas, and I would definitely skate more if the didn’t stop making them.
Im pick as fuck, so I’m not sure if I’ll actually switch up the Vans anytime soon, especially since I don’t burn through shoes quickly and I have a small back stock.

nonickname

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #2536 on: May 13, 2022, 05:41:31 PM »
No clips, just a quick story. Doing yard work, mowing the lawn, digging weeds etc and as I bring all the gear to the front of the house my eldest is rolling around and trying to Ollie. So even though I'm dead tired and my almost 50 year old knees are killing I grab my board and go roll around with hm for 10 minutes - work on foot placement and crouching a bit more (he's standing almost completely upright). Going well until he somehow gets a crazy shinner and says "that's it for today". Unfortunately my good Dad DNA doesnt kick in and I stay out for a few more runs as I'm now warmed up...and promptly hit a crack at full speed and get pitched into the neighbour's front lawn.

So to paraphrase Mrs. Lovejoy - think of the children first, or Karma will bite your ass.
"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk

sbmfj

« Reply #2537 on: May 17, 2022, 05:06:08 PM »
Such good intentions though @noncikname

Mr.Jenkins

• Rep: 156
« Reply #2538 on: June 19, 2022, 02:35:30 PM »
Went to Copenhagen open this year, what a blast. Got a lot of skating in this year, first was my favorite clip though. Keeping it tech at 43  ;D

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfAHWf6DzEK/

aàáâäæãå

• Rep: -2
« Reply #2539 on: June 19, 2022, 04:16:52 PM »
I’m trying to be you in nine years.

Mr.Jenkins

« Reply #2540 on: June 20, 2022, 03:15:59 AM »
I’m trying to be you in nine years.

Nine years is a lot of practise 🤝

El Freegano

• Rep: 217
« Reply #2541 on: June 20, 2022, 05:30:21 AM »
amazing video from chopenhagen :) what a great event this is and you are super good on the board :)

franc

• Rep: 96
« Reply #2542 on: June 20, 2022, 09:28:18 AM »
That was sick @Mr.Jenkins! You make 43 look well fresh.

I went out before the crazy heat this morning and improvised a tribute thingy, good fun.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfCAiAEKg4e/

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2543 on: June 20, 2022, 08:54:43 PM »
43 was a typo right? You’re really 33 aren’t you? AREN’T YOU?

Mr.Jenkins

« Reply #2544 on: June 20, 2022, 11:21:07 PM »

Well. 43 and a half then 😅

SaySo

• Rep: 113
  • "Yellow buttercup. Helicopters. Orange buttercat."
« Reply #2545 on: June 20, 2022, 11:26:22 PM »
Went to Copenhagen open this year, what a blast. Got a lot of skating in this year, first was my favorite clip though. Keeping it tech at 43  ;D

Damn @Mr.Jenkins!!! You're ripping!!! That's awesome!
"I've got a friend of polar nature, and it's all peace. You and I seek similar stars, but can't sit at the same feast."

"Not every pony grows up to be a Pegasus."

"There's smoke in my iris, but I painted a sunny day on the insides of my eyelids."

Mr.Jenkins

« Reply #2546 on: June 21, 2022, 10:43:16 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Damn @Mr.Jenkins!!! You're ripping!!! That's awesome!

Thanks, appreciate it. 🤝

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2547 on: June 21, 2022, 06:28:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

okay we’re the same age then … and I’m at a 1/10 of your skill level, maybe less

nevrwasben

« Reply #2548 on: June 21, 2022, 10:00:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
okay we’re the same age then … and I’m at a 1/10 of your skill level, maybe less
Don’t feel bad GIMP, Mr Jenkins over here killin it more than some of us ever did.

Mr.Jenkins

« Reply #2549 on: June 21, 2022, 11:43:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Thats whats so great about skating - fun isnt measured in skill  :)