Author Topic: Old Dudes Post Up Here...  (Read 301802 times)

sweet son of a bitch

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 62
Re: Old Dudes Post Up Here...
« Reply #2610 on: August 07, 2022, 07:30:48 AM »
Same here. Try to stretch daily and work out a bit but I get
Lazy at times. Too Much going on. Lol

But it’s important and man does it help. 10 mins a day can make such a difference. I didn’t “work out” all last winter and really felt it this spring. Paying the price now.

Live and learn right?

Anyhow. Here’s last years edit. Looking back it was a good year. I learned hard flips at age of 44. Def not consistent but when they go they go. Got my nollie tails back and relearned fs tail slides. Stocked on my bs 180 ng. I swear prob tried 200+ last summer. Snagged 3. Lol. Pumped on the nose slide crooks to straight.

Striving for a 45 45 edit. Kinda cheesy but gets me going. We all need a goal at times. I sure do.

https://vimeo.com/709728588
This was awesome. Super inspiring. You’ve still got great pop.

Lee Ralphs Dear Old Mum

« Reply #2611 on: November 03, 2022, 09:33:42 PM »
Not much to share recently but a couple of shitty little nose grinds. Would like to take them to proper vert at some point... Alas, Salba style not stand ups... still 47...

« Last Edit: November 03, 2022, 09:40:59 PM by Lee Ralphs Dear Old Mum »

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 974
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2612 on: November 04, 2022, 06:15:35 PM »
Not much to share recently but a couple of shitty little nose grinds. Would like to take them to proper vert at some point... Alas, Salba style not stand ups... still 47...

https://i.imgur.com/R899fBI.mp4

So good!

Some things like that do work better on bigger ramps with the momentum and less weight required to get them back in.

Nice and smooth.

That ramp looks like a lot of fun too.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #2613 on: January 01, 2023, 07:30:42 PM »
Just turned 49, posted here since 2000.
The typical old head compilation of the last year of my skating almost in chronological order
https://youtu.be/Kk77q2dWRT4

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1117
« Reply #2614 on: January 01, 2023, 08:31:59 PM »
The typical old head compilation of the last year of my skating almost in chronological order

Ripping
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

nonickname

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #2615 on: January 01, 2023, 09:11:57 PM »

So much great stuff in here...but the slappy 50-50 to gap tailslide was ridiculously good and I had to pause and rewind that.
"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk

Mundungus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 58
  • ∆∆∆
« Reply #2616 on: January 01, 2023, 09:48:48 PM »

dang that long slightly slanted red curb next to the train tracks(?) is beautiful. You got a nice front shuv. Such a fun trick..when you do it right it feels like the boards magnetized or something

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -512
« Reply #2617 on: January 01, 2023, 10:08:34 PM »
Same here. Try to stretch daily and work out a bit but I get
Lazy at times. Too Much going on. Lol

But it’s important and man does it help. 10 mins a day can make such a difference. I didn’t “work out” all last winter and really felt it this spring. Paying the price now.

Live and learn right?

Anyhow. Here’s last years edit. Looking back it was a good year. I learned hard flips at age of 44. Def not consistent but when they go they go. Got my nollie tails back and relearned fs tail slides. Stocked on my bs 180 ng. I swear prob tried 200+ last summer. Snagged 3. Lol. Pumped on the nose slide crooks to straight.

Striving for a 45 45 edit. Kinda cheesy but gets me going. We all need a goal at times. I sure do.

https://vimeo.com/709728588

Definitely inspiring, nice work. That’s that park in Montreal no?

144p

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2618 on: January 01, 2023, 10:15:54 PM »
Expand Quote

dang that long slightly slanted red curb next to the train tracks(?) is beautiful. You got a nice front shuv. Such a fun trick..when you do it right it feels like the boards magnetized or something
[close]
Front shuv became my go to trick and always my warm up. Thanks for the kindness.
A slap pal told me about that spot years back and I didn’t do much with it and then during Covid I put work in a used sealer and bondo on the seams.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1117
« Reply #2619 on: January 02, 2023, 06:33:13 AM »
I feel like I know about where that spot is but am absolutely never going to travel that far south to skate a curb. Looks perfect, though!
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #2620 on: January 02, 2023, 07:01:15 AM »
Yeah 144p! Ripping as usual!
Did a 46 tricks for my 46th birthday a couple weeks ago. This was painful. I was at the park for 8 hours and was battling darkness near the end. That night I had the worst leg cramps of my life. Don’t think I’ll try something like this ever again. Unless I were to spread it out over a month or so, not one day like I did.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CmZBli1Db1o/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Then here’s a best of 2022 edit:
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cm2FZ4UhHqs/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

144p

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2621 on: January 02, 2023, 07:22:04 AM »
You inspire me to skate every day

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #2622 on: January 05, 2023, 07:50:25 PM »
Any of you guys deal with arthritis? Mainly the lower back, but throughout the whole body?

I'm 37 with an auto inflammatory disease and I'm looking for some advice on ways to fight this arthritis. Exercises, diet? I already try to avoid sugars as much as possible.

I haven't skated in about 2 years other than kick turns around the kitchen.

I'd love to one day get back out there and hit curbs again.

Thanks for reading.
I don’t care what anyone says, a tit mouse’s tibia is a thing of beauty.
The streets await

Ray C. Usery

• Rep: 164
  • My brother Roy is into music
« Reply #2623 on: January 06, 2023, 09:02:20 PM »
Any of you guys deal with arthritis? Mainly the lower back, but throughout the whole body?

I'm 37 with an auto inflammatory disease and I'm looking for some advice on ways to fight this arthritis. Exercises, diet? I already try to avoid sugars as much as possible.

I haven't skated in about 2 years other than kick turns around the kitchen.

I'd love to one day get back out there and hit curbs again.

Thanks for reading.

You have both?

I have arthritis in multiple joints, almost all of my pain is gone from eating right most of the time and doing the right amount/kind of exercise. I'm 48 years old and 60 pounds over weight

Start here scroll down to the bottom of the page for the videos https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=108723.msg3688949#msg3688949
Also here https://www.atgonlinecoaching.com/

As for the auto inflammatory disease, yo no se 

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #2624 on: January 07, 2023, 02:48:30 PM »
Thanks for the resources. Yes, I have both mechanical and auto inflammatory arthritis. Atm, I use a cane while I'm out and about. The hardest days I use it around the house.
The streets await

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2625 on: January 07, 2023, 03:28:21 PM »
Aren't there some gnarly drugs you can take?  I remember hearing that Spencer Hamilton had some sort of inflammation in his back, some autoimmune inflammatory issue and that did the trick.....a last resort that worked.

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #2626 on: January 07, 2023, 04:37:07 PM »
Aren't there some gnarly drugs you can take?  I remember hearing that Spencer Hamilton had some sort of inflammation in his back, some autoimmune inflammatory issue and that did the trick.....a last resort that worked.

I'm on my 4th biologic right now. One of my issues is I have physical, biological, and psychological issues with pain, it's been an 18 year struggle.

The only thing that almost fully takes my pain away or at least helps me with dealing with it is cannabis. I refuse the opioids they try to push.

Also, that skater and I have the same disease. Ankylosing Spondylitis.
The streets await

jsettle

• Rep: 134
« Reply #2627 on: January 10, 2023, 03:02:20 PM »
Looking for advice on what yall would do.....so i sprained my knee 3 weeks ago and i have been keeping it fairly mellow on my board with just 2 curb sessions since. I have also been doing alot of stretches and trying to get it back to normal. Yesterday it finally started feeling like it could be close to 100 percent and mostly healed. Im meeting with my long time homie this weekend for a little skate trip that we have been planning for sometime. My work is doing this basketball tournament thing tomorrow and wanted me to play. Should i say fuck it and not risk messing up the progress my knee is in so i know im good to skate this weekend with my homie or am i just overthinking the whole situation lol. I know this is alot to read but id love to hear all the old pals chime in. I keep going back and forth and cant make up my mind haha.

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #2628 on: January 10, 2023, 03:20:04 PM »
I would chose my battles and do what you most want to do.
The streets await

Aquatic Dinosaur

• Rep: 90
« Reply #2629 on: January 10, 2023, 03:44:40 PM »
Looking for advice on what yall would do.....so i sprained my knee 3 weeks ago and i have been keeping it fairly mellow on my board with just 2 curb sessions since. I have also been doing alot of stretches and trying to get it back to normal. Yesterday it finally started feeling like it could be close to 100 percent and mostly healed. Im meeting with my long time homie this weekend for a little skate trip that we have been planning for sometime. My work is doing this basketball tournament thing tomorrow and wanted me to play. Should i say fuck it and not risk messing up the progress my knee is in so i know im good to skate this weekend with my homie or am i just overthinking the whole situation lol. I know this is alot to read but id love to hear all the old pals chime in. I keep going back and forth and cant make up my mind haha.

I’ve been in that situation before for work events.  They wanted to go to a driving range after a conference (being on your feet all day) and I had pulled my back a few months before and was just starting to ease back into skating.  I simply said I can’t do it because of health reasons and left it at that.  I would get hurt for skating but not for any type of social pressure even for work.  They are in the wrong if they push you any further than that.

69woodpusher69

• Rep: 3
« Reply #2630 on: January 10, 2023, 03:57:45 PM »

you aren't obligated to do anything you don't want to, just decide what is most important to you and go for that.

my advice would be to skip the basketball, my knee is being whack due to training for a 10K so no more 10K training for me for a while.

jsettle

« Reply #2631 on: January 10, 2023, 03:59:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’ve been in that situation before for work events.  They wanted to go to a driving range after a conference (being on your feet all day) and I had pulled my back a few months before and was just starting to ease back into skating.  I simply said I can’t do it because of health reasons and left it at that.  I would get hurt for skating but not for any type of social pressure even for work.  They are in the wrong if they push you any further than that.

Yeah, id be ok with myself getting hurt from skating which is always the case. But ive also got hurt playing sports so i think im just not doing the basketball. At least i will feel good about myself knowing i will 100 percent be good to skate this weekend. Thanks for keeping me sane haha.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #2632 on: January 10, 2023, 04:06:40 PM »
I’ve found just looking busy while smiling has paid dividends……..

144p

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2633 on: January 10, 2023, 05:57:07 PM »
Something I hear a lot in here is that stretching is going to help an injury, I would just give yourself a week or two break and then see about some re hab exercises. Stretching won’t strengthen the muscles or tendons you injured, once the inflammation dies down I would contact a sports medicine spot or look through some rehab accounts on instagram for some ideas on exercises that could help.
Stretching is fine, but it won’t solve the problem you’re having,

jsettle

« Reply #2634 on: January 10, 2023, 06:26:32 PM »
Something I hear a lot in here is that stretching is going to help an injury, I would just give yourself a week or two break and then see about some re hab exercises. Stretching won’t strengthen the muscles or tendons you injured, once the inflammation dies down I would contact a sports medicine spot or look through some rehab accounts on instagram for some ideas on exercises that could help.
Stretching is fine, but it won’t solve the problem you’re having,

Thanks for the tips! Ive been going to the gym doing some rehab exercises the past 2 weeks which have seemed to help out alot. Im not only stretching but i definitely want to get into a routine of stretching more to hopefully help prevent any future injuries. 

144p

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2635 on: January 10, 2023, 09:09:00 PM »
Great to hear! Sounds like you are on the right track.

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #2636 on: January 11, 2023, 12:52:21 AM »
Yeah 144p! Ripping as usual!
Did a 46 tricks for my 46th birthday a couple weeks ago. This was painful. I was at the park for 8 hours and was battling darkness near the end. That night I had the worst leg cramps of my life. Don’t think I’ll try something like this ever again. Unless I were to spread it out over a month or so, not one day like I did.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CmZBli1Db1o/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Then here’s a best of 2022 edit:
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cm2FZ4UhHqs/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

damn you were going hard man, props!! 8 hours at the park?   :o
I'm thinking of doing a 49 for 49 vid this year but there is no way in hell I could do 49 tricks in one session hahaha....a month minimum is what I would need! (and also I'm not even sure there are 49 different tricks left in my shrinking bag....we'll see!)

The Drew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #2637 on: January 11, 2023, 01:04:44 AM »
Hello fellow Old Dudes...  I turned 40 at the end of last year... so I figured it was time for me to "post up" in this thread... as they say

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #2638 on: January 11, 2023, 02:22:19 AM »
Happy belated birthday and welcome.
The streets await

El Freegano

• Rep: 217
« Reply #2639 on: January 11, 2023, 04:21:30 AM »
Great videos 144p and handsclapenin! You guys are so rad! Wish you many more years of shredding and having fun on the boards!