Author Topic: Old Dudes Post Up Here...  (Read 301538 times)

MaS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -7
Re: Old Dudes Post Up Here...
« Reply #120 on: November 18, 2013, 12:43:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Props to you over 30 under 8" dudes....

I've bummed out a few geezers by telling them I'd rather skate flat than a vert bowl......
[close]
I was thinking the same thing. The friends I have that still skate, their board seem to be getting bigger and they seem to only want to skate tranny now where as my boards are either the same or smaller and I still want street and flatground.
[close]

I hate wearing helmets so I avoid terrain where I should be wearing one.....

I just started skating bowls and stuff.  I was always sonic the ledge hog, and manual dude.  Not really into stairs and rails. Always had pretty good pop, so skating spots like Chaffey High School and tables were kinda my thing.  But recently because I get out less my brother who is a vert dog got me into skate park bowls and to be honest its been fun.  It's made skating more often easier, and I think it's improved my street skating.  Before when i would go to a ditch or something with super fast/tight tranny I would the guy thats sits it out.  Now Im down.  also I can take the Guy Mariano approach,  which means make a spot work for you.  Like a puzzle.   Yes I wear pads when Im skating the big bowls but I don't feel lame because the dudes that are usually in the session are doing the same.  My brother skates with a lot of bowls only dudes.  Look up Palm Springs, The Yard.  He's there pretty much everyday, or every other day, kind of like the resident photographer,  HE's skates with a lot of pro's.  Arto, Reyborn, etc.. but many old dudes like eddie Elguera and Holmes, Bucky.  Through him I get hooked up with free shit. Which is pretty cool, as years back I use to hook him up. 

I think getting older has made skating at a high level a different kind of challenge.  Because I've tweaked my ankle so much I skate switch more often when it's ledges and flat ground.  Less flip tricks but board size doesn't effect it much.  8.25 seems to flip the same as 8.5 on good days.   It's more the wheels and trucks that mess with me there.  I like 58's for my park board and 53's for my street ledge board.  I never really cared for the science of it till recently but it makes a big difference for me.  maybe it's all in my head.

Don't knock the bowls and pads.  One fall from the top and trust me you will be looking at hip pads in the football section of the sporting goods store.   

dgus138

• Rep: 7
    • Plains Hardware avatar image
« Reply #121 on: November 18, 2013, 01:08:59 PM »
Set up:  Isle Nick Jensen 8.125 deck
             Krux trucks
             Spitfire F4 99 52mm wheels
             Reds bearings
             Plains hardware
Terrain:  park/street
Favorite Skaters:  Keenan, Gino, York, Rickk, Busenitz, Pontus, Templeton
Music:  Hardcore, hip-hop, metal
Married:  3 months, together 13 years

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #122 on: November 18, 2013, 05:39:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

I've bummed out a few geezers by telling them I'd rather skate flat than a vert bowl......
[close]
I was thinking the same thing. The friends I have that still skate, their board seem to be getting bigger and they seem to only want to skate tranny now where as my boards are either the same or smaller and I still want street and flatground.
[close]

[close]

I just started skating bowls and stuff.  I was always sonic the ledge hog, and manual dude.  Not really into stairs and rails. Always had pretty good pop, so skating spots like Chaffey High School and tables were kinda my thing.  But recently because I get out less my brother who is a vert dog got me into skate park bowls and to be honest its been fun.  It's made skating more often easier, and I think it's improved my street skating.  Before when i would go to a ditch or something with super fast/tight tranny I would the guy thats sits it out.  Now Im down.  also I can take the Guy Mariano approach,  which means make a spot work for you.  Like a puzzle.   Yes I wear pads when Im skating the big bowls but I don't feel lame because the dudes that are usually in the session are doing the same.  My brother skates with a lot of bowls only dudes.  Look up Palm Springs, The Yard.  He's there pretty much everyday, or every other day, kind of like the resident photographer,  HE's skates with a lot of pro's.  Arto, Reyborn, etc.. but many old dudes like eddie Elguera and Holmes, Bucky.  Through him I get hooked up with free shit. Which is pretty cool, as years back I use to hook him up. 

I think getting older has made skating at a high level a different kind of challenge.  Because I've tweaked my ankle so much I skate switch more often when it's ledges and flat ground.  Less flip tricks but board size doesn't effect it much.  8.25 seems to flip the same as 8.5 on good days.   It's more the wheels and trucks that mess with me there.  I like 58's for my park board and 53's for my street ledge board.  I never really cared for the science of it till recently but it makes a big difference for me.  maybe it's all in my head.

Don't knock the bowls and pads.  One fall from the top and trust me you will be looking at hip pads in the football section of the sporting goods store.   

No knocking nothin.....I'd just rather skate a curb than a pool....it's Slap man.....when shit gets gnarly you just tighten up your shoelace belt....

MaS

• Rep: -7
« Reply #123 on: November 18, 2013, 06:24:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

I just started skating bowls and stuff.  I was always sonic the ledge hog, and manual dude.  Not really into stairs and rails. Always had pretty good pop, so skating spots like Chaffey High School and tables were kinda my thing.  But recently because I get out less my brother who is a vert dog got me into skate park bowls and to be honest its been fun.  It's made skating more often easier, and I think it's improved my street skating.  Before when i would go to a ditch or something with super fast/tight tranny I would the guy thats sits it out.  Now Im down.  also I can take the Guy Mariano approach,  which means make a spot work for you.  Like a puzzle.   Yes I wear pads when Im skating the big bowls but I don't feel lame because the dudes that are usually in the session are doing the same.  My brother skates with a lot of bowls only dudes.  Look up Palm Springs, The Yard.  He's there pretty much everyday, or every other day, kind of like the resident photographer,  HE's skates with a lot of pro's.  Arto, Reyborn, etc.. but many old dudes like eddie Elguera and Holmes, Bucky.  Through him I get hooked up with free shit. Which is pretty cool, as years back I use to hook him up.  

I think getting older has made skating at a high level a different kind of challenge.  Because I've tweaked my ankle so much I skate switch more often when it's ledges and flat ground.  Less flip tricks but board size doesn't effect it much.  8.25 seems to flip the same as 8.5 on good days.   It's more the wheels and trucks that mess with me there.  I like 58's for my park board and 53's for my street ledge board.  I never really cared for the science of it till recently but it makes a big difference for me.  maybe it's all in my head.

Don't knock the bowls and pads.  One fall from the top and trust me you will be looking at hip pads in the football section of the sporting goods store.  
[close]

No knocking nothin.....I'd just rather skate a curb than a pool....it's Slap man.....when shit gets gnarly you just tighten up your shoelace belt....

Aye yo I wasn't even upset or nothing, I was just sayin might want to give it a try. If not that's cool too. Whatever floats your boat. I like slappies to. A cooler full of coors and a red curb is all one needs.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 10:27:07 AM by MaS »

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #124 on: November 18, 2013, 06:37:59 PM »
Skate everything except big drops/rails
I have a quiver of different set ups but I've been skating an 8 and 8.25 the most
2nd marriage, two kids, 9 daughter, 5 son.

plod

« Reply #125 on: November 19, 2013, 01:11:15 AM »
34, wife, kid, Web Designer. Skate 8.5 to 9" boards . Bowls,  kerbs, park. Skate once a week, twice if I'm lucky.
I Used to work in the skateboard industry, have to say im much happier out of it and enjoy skateboarding more not being involved.
Immigrated a few years ago and lost all my skate crew which is why I lurk on here.

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -606
« Reply #126 on: November 19, 2013, 06:51:35 AM »
Set up:  OG Nash yo
             Ride the best! Fuck the rest! Indy 149ers bitches!
             OJs and ratbones
             Reds bearings
             Plains hardware
Terrain:  natural street tranny
Favorite Skaters:  tim o'connor, jeff grosso, and gator
Music: death and burzum
Married:  75 years but bitches be crazy
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #127 on: November 19, 2013, 06:04:09 PM »
34, wife, kid, Web Designer. Skate 8.5 to 9" boards . Bowls,  kerbs, park. Skate once a week, twice if I'm lucky.
I Used to work in the skateboard industry, have to say im much happier out of it and enjoy skateboarding more not being involved.
Immigrated a few years ago and lost all my skate crew which is why I lurk on here.

Cheers mate.

Scaphoid Fracture

• Rep: -1
« Reply #128 on: November 21, 2013, 07:51:11 AM »
Set up: 8" shop deck, 147 thunders, 54mm autobahns, reds
Manny/tranny ratio: 70/30
Time on the board: 2 times a week for 2-3 hours

I still feel great physically apart from acute injuries. What makes me feel old is more what shredbuffalo said, kind of a generation gap thing. For me it's the gradual change from being the kid to wanting to teach the kids the real values of skateboarding culture since they are so easily blinded by the corporate side of it. Example: In my hometown there is an awesome DIY movement that also organizes ramp-building workshops (all concrete) for the kids. It's just great to see their attitude in comparison to kids that grow up in pre-fab cookie-cutter skateparks.
25 or older?
Please fill out my questionnaire on the injury risk of skateboarding:

http://umfrage.rogcampus.de/rogator/CAU-Kiel/Skateboard_engl/

shredbuffalo

• Rep: -43
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #129 on: November 22, 2013, 06:23:18 PM »
I'm just trying to bump the thread and keep it going...I guess I could find some old man shit to talk about.

A few of you guys said that you don't get out as much as you'd like to and that not having friends that skate can be a problem sometimes. It's kind of funny, but I have one friend that I skate with all the time. I met him because we'd see each other at the skatepark and random spots all the time and we started talking. He was always by himself, and I was too, so we just started skating together. We actually have a schedule that we follow like old men playing golf or meeting up for coffee twice a week hahaha. We hang out outside of our skate days once in a great while, but he has a job, I have a job, we both have girlfriends, etc...It's usually just a few skate videos sent back and forth on Facebook, a text at 7:30 Sunday morning saying, "where are we going today?", meeting up and skating for a few hours, drinking a few beers, and waiting until it's time to skate again. I should mention that my best friend also used to skate with me all the time but he blew his knee out probably almost 2 years ago now? He milked it and braced it up and kept skating for a while which completely destroyed it. He had surgery a little over a year ago but it never healed up right and he still doesn't feel good on his board. It sucks because I know it hurts him so much not being able to skate for so long, and it sucks for me because we had a lot of good times together and I really miss skating with him.

I can't say I mind having a two man crew though. I'm kind of a loner and I don't like skating/being around a lot of people I don't know. That's one of the main reasons I hate skateparks and the Fall/Winter here. I'm lucky to have an indoor park, but it gets so boring after a few visits, and when it's busy I feel so restricted and confined. I'd rather skate flat in a parking lot outside with just my boy than be in the indoor park with all of those people sometimes.

I'm mainly a street skater but I've really been thinking a lot about starting to work on my tranny skills some more...I know that my window for jumping off/down stuff is closing fast. I've taken a lot of damage and breaking my hand a few weeks ago, even though I'd like to think it was a just a freak incident, showed me that I wasn't the invincible young man I thought I was. Not to mention being out of work really fucked me financially when I wasn't expecting it and couldn't afford it. Anyhow, I've been spending some more time on the quarterpipes at the park the last few times I've been there. I'm getting backside disasters (not quite ollies yet, I kind of just sweep them up there right now), and last night me and my boy learned staple guns! Forward and fakie! Does it get any more old man than that?

And, That's really all I've for now...A stupid friend story and staple guns. What do you guys have? Tell a story, ask a question and have a bunch of grumpy old dudes argue over the answer, post a music or skating video, tell us which shoes are the best for geriatric feet (I'd say Emerica), talk about SOTY or the Zero video with like minded individuals....Whatever.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #130 on: November 23, 2013, 02:16:30 AM »
I'm just trying to bump the thread and keep it going...I guess I could find some old man shit to talk about.

A few of you guys said that you don't get out as much as you'd like to and that not having friends that skate can be a problem sometimes. It's kind of funny, but I have one friend that I skate with all the time. I met him because we'd see each other at the skatepark and random spots all the time and we started talking. He was always by himself, and I was too, so we just started skating together. We actually have a schedule that we follow like old men playing golf or meeting up for coffee twice a week hahaha. We hang out outside of our skate days once in a great while, but he has a job, I have a job, we both have girlfriends, etc...It's usually just a few skate videos sent back and forth on Facebook, a text at 7:30 Sunday morning saying, "where are we going today?", meeting up and skating for a few hours, drinking a few beers, and waiting until it's time to skate again. I should mention that my best friend also used to skate with me all the time but he blew his knee out probably almost 2 years ago now? He milked it and braced it up and kept skating for a while which completely destroyed it. He had surgery a little over a year ago but it never healed up right and he still doesn't feel good on his board. It sucks because I know it hurts him so much not being able to skate for so long, and it sucks for me because we had a lot of good times together and I really miss skating with him.

I can't say I mind having a two man crew though. I'm kind of a loner and I don't like skating/being around a lot of people I don't know. That's one of the main reasons I hate skateparks and the Fall/Winter here. I'm lucky to have an indoor park, but it gets so boring after a few visits, and when it's busy I feel so restricted and confined. I'd rather skate flat in a parking lot outside with just my boy than be in the indoor park with all of those people sometimes.

I'm mainly a street skater but I've really been thinking a lot about starting to work on my tranny skills some more...I know that my window for jumping off/down stuff is closing fast. I've taken a lot of damage and breaking my hand a few weeks ago, even though I'd like to think it was a just a freak incident, showed me that I wasn't the invincible young man I thought I was. Not to mention being out of work really fucked me financially when I wasn't expecting it and couldn't afford it. Anyhow, I've been spending some more time on the quarterpipes at the park the last few times I've been there. I'm getting backside disasters (not quite ollies yet, I kind of just sweep them up there right now), and last night me and my boy learned staple guns! Forward and fakie! Does it get any more old man than that?

And, That's really all I've for now...A stupid friend story and staple guns. What do you guys have? Tell a story, ask a question and have a bunch of grumpy old dudes argue over the answer, post a music or skating video, tell us which shoes are the best for geriatric feet (I'd say Emerica), talk about SOTY or the Zero video with like minded individuals....Whatever.
I've got one friend that I skate with all the time. He's 30 I'm 35 and we met randomly at the skatepark a week after he moved here from Finland. Like me he probably feels more comfortable skating with someone that has a similar amount of history in skating. We met exchanged phone numbers and skate once or twice a week depending on schedules and hang out if its too cold or raining. We get it if one of us is not feeling it or having old man aches. Then every summer a friend I've skated with since we were teenagers comes to Europe from Australia and we have a skate trip to Denmark, Sweden, France wherever we feel like and next year another guy from back in the day is coming. I have another friend who's younger that I met when he stopped me on the street looking for the skatepark and he was here studying for just a few months. He moved back to the States and now lives in Denver but we're planning on hooking up to skate next year. A two man crew skating flat is always better for me than a crowded skatepark but a 4 or 5 man crew hitting the streets is the shit. It's fun being older and knowing how to deal with security and stuff better than when you were a kid.

Young Satchel

• Rep: 19
« Reply #131 on: November 23, 2013, 08:50:24 AM »
I live in this shitty little "city" about 2 hrs north of my native NYC. I been outta the game so long, and have very few friends around here anyway. Some kids saw me rolling on the block like a month and chNge ago and called me out like "yo, you skate?" But it got cold and I haven't seen them since.

With a young son and a full time job, the only time I can skate is between 8-11pm, so Albany (45min north) where there is seasons, and a scene, is out of the question most of the time. Add to that the fact that I'm old and can't really DO shit since I started again other than Ollie, shuv it, 180, and 50-50, and you've got a recipe for skating solitude. I don't mind that shit most of the time, but it definitely does make it difficult to stay motivated. There's a concrete park that's actually pretty legit in saugerties, so I been thinking about heading there during "old guy hours" (Sunday before 10am) and seeing who I run into.

Bout to get brick as fuck out here tho. Was 25 degrees this morning. So it may all soon be a moot point for the foreseeable future.

dillanharp

« Reply #132 on: November 23, 2013, 11:20:09 AM »
This is the best thread on Slap. I love me some comradery. I'm about to head  downtown with the wife and kid to get a late breakfast and get a new deck.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
« Reply #133 on: November 23, 2013, 12:07:15 PM »
had an over 30 skate crew in NYC...it was one of the most fun periods of skateboarding for me.

now, in Iowa, it's just me and corn

« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 06:31:43 AM by art hellman »
hardly art, hardly starving

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #134 on: November 23, 2013, 12:36:47 PM »
This is the best thread on Slap. I love me some comradery. I'm about to head  downtown with the wife and kid to get a late breakfast and get a new deck.
Boom! That's how you do it.

Phillyflared

• Rep: 34
« Reply #135 on: November 23, 2013, 12:50:34 PM »
Set up:  Cliche JB Gillet 7.75
             Thunder's with hollow kingpin
             Enjoi 51mm
             Reds bearings
             Enjoi Hardware
Terrain:  Cherry park/Westchester
Favorite Skaters:  Right now - Busenitz, Puig, Cromer, Chewy Cannon
                             All time - Julien, Hensley, Carroll, Oyola, Gino
Music:  All sorts
Married with a 1 year old

Young Satchel

• Rep: 19
« Reply #136 on: November 23, 2013, 01:49:47 PM »
It's snowing.  Fuck.

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #137 on: November 25, 2013, 01:28:29 AM »
Setup: 8.5 or so
58mm wheels
Ventures
Terrain : tranny or just cruising around town doing powerslides and no complys.......
Fav's : Gonz, Cardiel, Dressen, Omar Salazar, Miller, many others
Music: anything from country to metal to hip-hop
Married with 2 boys, 1 and 5 year old.

A I explained in another thread, I broke my fibula 3 months ago, and I'm waiting for the plate in my ankle to be taken out before I start skating again. Before that, I would ride about twice a week. My only problem regarding motivation was there's not a lot of guys over 30 skating around here.... Some days I'd go to the park and be the only one over 20 actually. Also, I left Paris about 8 years ago so I'm not around my original skate crew anymore. Which sucks cause I have so much more fun skating with the guys I've started out with (well the few of them that still skate)

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #138 on: November 25, 2013, 06:36:04 AM »
58mm wheels
Ventures
Terrain : tranny or just cruising around town doing powerslides and no complys.......

A I explained in another thread, I broke my fibula 3 months ago, and I'm waiting for the plate in my ankle to be taken out before I start skating again. Before that, I would ride about twice a week. My only problem regarding motivation was there's not a lot of guys over 30 skating around here.... Some days I'd go to the park and be the only one over 20 actually. Also, I left Paris about 8 years ago so I'm not around my original skate crew anymore. Which sucks cause I have so much more fun skating with the guys I've started out with (well the few of them that still skate)

Glad to hear that your plan to quit (when you hurt yourself) was nixed.

shredbuffalo

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #139 on: November 25, 2013, 07:20:11 PM »
58mm wheels
Ventures

Welcome man...We were just talking about that (the being old and having friends to skate with thing) right before you joined us. The theme of aching and broken old bones/bodies has been a common theme as well.  I hope you heal up soon and you can get back on your board with no problems.

sans umbilical

• Rep: 24
« Reply #140 on: November 25, 2013, 08:55:21 PM »
Do any of you guys over 35 have pain in the arches of your feet? I've had a regular arch all my life, I suppose. I've religiously wore Vans with waffle bottoms (mostly Half Cabs, Sk8-Hi's or Old Skools) for the 26 years I've been skating (give or take). However, now when I wake up in the morning after a day of skating, my feet begin to kill me as soon as they hit the floor. It's especially painful when I walk on the hardwoods barefoot. Again, I'm 38 and this has began to occur regularly the day after a sesh. I just thought I'd throw this out there to see if anyone else has this issue.
Keep Shredding

rothdigga

• Rep: 565
« Reply #141 on: November 25, 2013, 11:38:42 PM »
All this old man hype got me sparked to finally put together footage that I've collected for the past 4-5 years and edit it together.  It's rare that I go out and film anything anymore...the recurring theme on here of course is motivation.  I went through small periods of being hyped to film, then got busy and it would go away.  I'm almost finished and will post it on here as soon as I get completely finished.  Maybe I should put it up against Nyjah's part.  I've got no stairs, no hammers, curbs, flatground, manny tricks and small ledges...I think I can make a late run at SOTY if I play my cards right. 

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #142 on: November 26, 2013, 08:03:30 AM »
Arch pain in my pushing foot at 29-30 here. Only when I skate thin shoes it seems. I went from half cabs to strictly emericas for 4-5 years now back to lakai griffins. And my foot pain is pretty nagging.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
« Reply #143 on: November 26, 2013, 08:16:15 AM »
Sitting at a desk 10-12 hours a day has has beat up my body (i.e. back, legs, shoulders) more than skateboarding ever has... if anything, skateboarding helps me work out all the kinks at the end of the day/week.

hardly art, hardly starving

shredbuffalo

« Reply #144 on: November 26, 2013, 12:23:54 PM »
Quote from: sans umbilical  link=topic=74338.msg2038132#msg2038132 date=1385441721
Do any of you guys over 35 have pain in the arches of your feet? I've had a regular arch all my life, I suppose. I've religiously wore Vans with waffle bottoms (mostly Half Cabs, Sk8-Hi's or Old Skools) for the 26 years I've been skating (give or take). However, now when I wake up in the morning after a day of skating, my feet begin to kill me as soon as they hit the floor. It's especially painful when I walk on the hardwoods barefoot. Again, I'm 38 and this has began to occur regularly the day after a sesh. I just thought I'd throw this out there to see if anyone else has this issue.

"Arch pain in my pushing foot at 29-30 here. Only when I skate thin shoes it seems. I went from half cabs to strictly emericas for 4-5 years now back to lakai griffins. And my foot pain is pretty nagging."

I'm an Emerica guy. I've been running this pair of Herman G6's for probably 3 months now, and while they're starting to show their age I won't be surprised if I get another 4-6 weeks out of them. Quality wise, you cant fuck with Emerica (admittedly, I've never owned a pair of Lakais.)

Like you guys I was having some problems with my feet, mostly due to impact injuries and landing primo, and the fact that I'm on my feet all day at work rather than just being sore after a session...I had a nasty heel bruise for like 6 weeks that just wouldn't go away as long as I kept on skating twice a week. That's when I realized that the G6 Impact Foam insoles in my Hermans just weren't cutting it for me and I got myself a set of these...

I actually bought the generic version, like "Top Care" or something for $10 less and my heel bruise got better and my feet have been in much better shape since.

I guess the moral of the story is, the shoe companies can spend all kinds of money coming up with and promoting the newest revolutionary shock absorbing insoles, but sometimes all you need is a pair of generic gel sport insoles and you're all good.

I recently got a pair of the older Westgates which I planned on using as my everyday/chilling shoes, so I haven't skated in them, but they're comfortable as hell and the insoles feel really soft and nice. Because I'm broke as hell and going to be playing catch up once I go back to work I might end up having to skate in them though.

rothdigga

« Reply #145 on: November 26, 2013, 12:33:52 PM »
If you guys would just keep it as low to the ground as I do here in this part...you might not have the arch problems.
I finally got a hold of some tapes that me and my homie Billy have been filming with an old VX for the past few years as well as some stuff I filmed for the Roger Curb video that didn't go in. ? 
Like I said before, all this old man talk got me inspired to put stuff together. ? I can't get up on a ledge higher than my knee anymore and surely can't go off anything bigger than a 3 stair, but whatevs. ? 27 years deep in the game. ? 
Maybe I can get a vote for WSOTY with this shit...old men rise up.
Rothmeyer Part 2013

hootbags

• Rep: 1
« Reply #146 on: November 26, 2013, 12:53:31 PM »
Set Up: 7.75 BLVD, 50mm Wheels, Silver Trucks
Preferred Terrain: Street: smooth flat for games of s.k.a.t.e., lower ledges these days, manny pads, small bumps, tranny skills are non existent.
Favorite skaters: Mike Carroll, Guy Mariano, Jeremy Wray, Kris Markovich, Brian Lotti, Matt Hensley. Mostly the older dudes from my era, i do really enjoy all the young bucks, but they just don't have the impact on me that the pros of my day had. Although the level of skating these days is off the charts.
Music: I'm a metal head at heart, but I enjoy most music. I don't really feel country, techno, or reggae.
Married: 10 years
Kids: No way!

Back in the day I rode for Human Skateboards, Vans Shoes, and T-Bags clothing. I actually didn't like being sponsored. I like to skate what I want, when i want, on my own terms. But being sponsored made for some incredible memories. So i wouldn't trade it.

Then I went to work in the industry. Worked at Planet Earth/Adio for almost 8 years and then at Black Box for 2 before going freelance. I do miss working at skate companies because I skated more, and was more involved in the industry, but i enjoy my freedom from the office hours and commute.

shark tits

« Reply #147 on: November 26, 2013, 01:05:11 PM »
that was awesome rothdigga but i feel like you were fettered by those pants. would've liked to see that tailslide nosewheelie in giant orange jeans.

rothdigga

« Reply #148 on: November 26, 2013, 01:12:30 PM »
that was awesome rothdigga but i feel like you were fettered by those pants. would've liked to see that tailslide nosewheelie in giant orange jeans.

The whole part would have been better if I had orange or green Zimbabwe pants on.  I fully agree.  I just can't seem to find any at Buffalo Exchange or anywhere these days. 

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #149 on: November 26, 2013, 01:22:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The whole part would have been better if I had orange or green Zimbabwe pants on.  I fully agree.  I just can't seem to find any at Buffalo Exchange or anywhere these days. 
Hit up Carl Jones @ Cross Colors... Cross Colors x Black Box ala NB#