Author Topic: Old Dudes Post Up Here...  (Read 301579 times)

shredbuffalo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -43
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Old Dudes Post Up Here...
« Reply #480 on: March 09, 2014, 06:57:55 AM »
Still cold/wet here but hoping for an upswing in the temps/serious meltage soon. The indoor park is really getting to me. I've been skating a lot more tranny (mostly mini/quarters) this winter just to do something different, and I have to say it's been a lot of fun. I actually figured out how to do frontside smiths which I'm actually really proud of/stoked on.

Young Satchel

• Rep: 19
« Reply #481 on: March 09, 2014, 07:13:53 AM »
Yea man, we are getting some nice melt off this weekend here in "downstate upstate", but more rain, snow, and freezing temps are on the way. Nearest indoor is over an hour in any direction and with a young kid it's near impossible to find time to make the trip. I haven't skated for longer than a quick cruise in over 2 months. This winter has been particularly brutal.

Stanley Spadowski

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
  • Can I still be the janitor?
« Reply #482 on: March 09, 2014, 07:51:22 AM »
Yea man, we are getting some nice melt off this weekend here in "downstate upstate", but more rain, snow, and freezing temps are on the way. Nearest indoor is over an hour in any direction and with a young kid it's near impossible to find time to make the trip. I haven't skated for longer than a quick cruise in over 2 months. This winter has been particularly brutal.
This is the same situation I'm dealing with.
"These floors are dirty as hell, and I'm not gonna take it any more!"

Young Satchel

« Reply #483 on: March 09, 2014, 03:42:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It fucking sucks, huh?

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #484 on: March 10, 2014, 01:27:30 AM »
stepped foot on my board for the first time thursday after 2 months in a cast and 4 months of rehab....
the initial feeling of victory quickly gave way to frustration I'm sorry to say. I just felt so uncoordinated and struggled with simple ollie 180's. Also there's a new pain in my hip, great. Probably my gift for turning forty in a few days.
Hope next session will be better!

FFL

• Rep: 0
« Reply #485 on: March 10, 2014, 12:45:17 PM »

That's a tight setup.  People trip out that I still skate a 7.825 with 50mm wheels and lo-Indys.  So funny.  I'm too close to losing all my flip tricks at 41 to give up and ride a damn 8.25 that I will never be able to 360 flip on. 
Love those old sessions with the homies.  You've got to find a decent little crew by you to get down with.  Or just as good, a solid low impact spot for a non-frustrating session.  I've got this little double sided curb and baby ledge that we skate all the time.  No worries, easy to warm up on and no stress trying old shit I've been doing for 25+ years on the curb.
Cheers for the uplifting words. Glad to read that I am not the only one riding "toothpicks" Hahaha. Can' t help it, but I am so used to the small shapes that I can't even think to ride a wider board. Riding 7.5- 7.75 over 20 years now. But to prove that I used to ride wider shapes I attached a little link to the past.

http://fflzine.blogspot.hu/2012/02/more-boards-from-crypt.html

To sort out the problem with getting frustrated I took your advice with the low impact spot. Where I live there are now ledges or curbs, so I just rang up a mate who still has a slider bar. He dosn't skate anymore, so he sold it for cheap. Will have my own little low impact spot in front of the house. Maybe I'll built a mini quarter/jumpramp.
You got me sparked again. Thanks!
btw your line in the parking garage is still dope today!!!!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 12:55:50 PM by FFL »

beazlocal

• Rep: -28
« Reply #486 on: March 10, 2014, 07:17:14 PM »
haven't been able to skate since November, shitty weather, nothing close indoors!

Need to get out there, winter can fuck off any time now.

Stanley Spadowski

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #487 on: March 10, 2014, 08:45:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

It fucking sucks, huh?
Yes it does, but it's warming up and snow is melting. So I got my fingers crossed, that I'll be skating soon.
haven't been able to skate since November, shitty weather, nothing close indoors!

Need to get out there, winter can fuck off any time now.
This is exactly how I feel.

Young Satchel

« Reply #488 on: March 11, 2014, 09:11:11 AM »
So spring is kinda in the air maybe, and what the fuck do I go and do but break (or hopefully just badly sprain?) a toe on my push foot this morning stumbling around in the dark trying to get myself coffee and calm my son down.

My feet are cursed this past year.

noileum

• Rep: 29
« Reply #489 on: March 11, 2014, 09:56:34 AM »
there's only one thing to do

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #490 on: March 11, 2014, 02:42:37 PM »
the winter is finally starting to break here in the northeast and today was the first day that it was both decent and i had some free time. it has been 2 months since i last skated. i took it very easy but i was still winded the entire time. i skated as long as i could to try to get back into it, but by the 1 hour mark i was ready for a nap. ha. it was good to ride again, but i'm looking forward to reestablishing my endurance so i can get more out of it.

Young Satchel

« Reply #491 on: March 11, 2014, 02:56:55 PM »
the winter is finally starting to break here in the northeast and today was the first day that it was both decent and i had some free time. it has been 2 months since i last skated. i took it very easy but i was still winded the entire time. i skated as long as i could to try to get back into it, but by the 1 hour mark i was ready for a nap. ha. it was good to ride again, but i'm looking forward to reestablishing my endurance so i can get more out of it.

I'm preparing myself to be exhausted and frustrated. Weak Ollies here I come!

shredbuffalo

• Rep: -43
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #492 on: March 11, 2014, 03:47:52 PM »
It was 50 fucking degrees and gorgeous out here today...And we're expecting what they're calling a "Vulcan" blizzard again tomorrow. Fuck.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #493 on: March 11, 2014, 06:09:13 PM »
ow.   i think of how hard ledges and skate board parts are(wheels trucks ect) while thinking how soft the tissue is in my knees is  and and im gettin pretty close to 'fuck it!' let me tell you. Also skateboarding is eternally facinated with itself (old guy forum  proof of this) kinda nowheres ville but nobody told me that in 1986.   ok so the "sport" and culture sucks but the act of skating is addicting no dobt.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

shark tits

« Reply #494 on: March 11, 2014, 06:18:57 PM »
ow.   i think of how hard ledges and skate board parts are(wheels trucks ect) while thinking how soft the tissue is in my knees is  and and im gettin pretty close to 'fuck it!' let me tell you. Also skateboarding is eternally facinated with itself (old guy forum  proof of this) kinda nowheres ville but nobody told me that in 1986.   ok so the "sport" and culture sucks but the act of skating is addicting no dobt.
maybe the culture sucks on a macrocosm but i'm sure you've got your little posse [dwindling as we get old] w/ injokes and little quirks and it's awesome. what i consider 'skate culture' here is mostly me and my one buddy building shit, skating, yelling 'cunt' a lot, sharing cigs, drinking coffee and occasionally getting some of our other 35plus friends away from the beer and tv. there's like 10 different little posses out here, some are prolly cooler than others but we're more of the culture than whatever is in magazines from california.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #495 on: March 11, 2014, 06:22:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
maybe the culture sucks on a macrocosm but i'm sure you've got your little posse [dwindling as we get old] w/ injokes and little quirks and it's awesome. what i consider 'skate culture' here is mostly me and my one buddy building shit, skating, yelling 'cunt' a lot, sharing cigs, drinking coffee and occasionally getting some of our other 35plus friends away from the beer and tv. there's like 10 different little posses out here, some are prolly cooler than others but we're more of the culture than whatever is in magazines from california.

Stop talking about your Idaho white supremacist compound like it has anything to do with skating.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

shark tits

« Reply #496 on: March 11, 2014, 06:27:54 PM »
i don't know what you're talking about but idapimp

Young Satchel

« Reply #497 on: March 12, 2014, 03:44:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Stop talking about your Idaho white supremacist compound like it has anything to do with skating.

Hahahahaha.  The fuck?

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #498 on: March 12, 2014, 07:51:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Can you guys go fight in the car with the radio up?

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #500 on: March 31, 2014, 06:58:02 AM »
Skated for the first time in around 4 months yesterday. Felt good. Salt piles are a big problem and didn't bring a push broom. Have a bunch of new gear that I am waiting to set up until I'm back at my very mediocre skill level.

b.v.

« Reply #501 on: March 31, 2014, 08:25:50 AM »
Weather has been such A bummer on the east coast this year, couldn't imagine dealing with the gnarly winter they had.
Months of rain sucks here too. Montage with some friends from the weekend. Got A decent air out to wallride that felt good :34
VXDUCE #33 ROOM 23

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
« Reply #502 on: March 31, 2014, 09:22:53 AM »
Liked  the feeble curb dance....you dudes rip.....

It's been kicked around to death (by me) but...that Ed t epicly latered brought up some old dude themes for sure.....I always jokingly say to my friends....'it has to end......the only question is whether or not it's curtains or sunset.....'

Stanley Spadowski

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #503 on: March 31, 2014, 09:33:17 PM »
Weather has been such A bummer on the east coast this year, couldn't imagine dealing with the gnarly winter they had.
Months of rain sucks here too. Montage with some friends from the weekend. Got A decent air out to wallride that felt good :34
VXDUCE #33 ROOM 23
I just watched this, and I want to go skate so bad right now.
Nice little montage b.v., got me stoked.
I can't wait to skate again.

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #504 on: April 01, 2014, 10:32:28 PM »
Expand Quote
VXDUCE #33 ROOM 23
[close]
I just watched this, and I want to go skate so bad right now.
Nice little montage b.v., got me stoked.
I can't wait to skate again.
Sick edit b.v.

b.v.

« Reply #505 on: April 01, 2014, 10:40:26 PM »
Thanks guys, it's so humbling and inspiring to skate with all of them.
Always a fun session.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
« Reply #506 on: April 01, 2014, 10:56:35 PM »
No one I roll with films....too new school...

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #507 on: April 02, 2014, 07:13:17 AM »
9 times out of 10 I'm rolling solo - and my static tripod footy is kinda depressing...

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #508 on: April 02, 2014, 07:14:35 AM »
9 times out of 10 I'm rolling solo - and my static tripod footy is kinda depressing...
Still beats propping my phone against a curb.

Young Satchel

« Reply #509 on: April 02, 2014, 03:20:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Still beats propping my phone against a curb.

Bout to get my curb-prop on soon as this broke toe heals.  Looking so nice out this east coast evening. Finally.