Author Topic: Old Dudes Post Up Here...  (Read 304311 times)

Meekin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 5
Re: Old Dudes Post Up Here...
« Reply #1740 on: July 22, 2020, 02:52:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I think it's the first time I post in here, though I figure I belong, got 3+ decades skating. anyway respect to everybody with kids and competing interests but I just got added to the younger dudes group chat and it feels pretty good. If that sounds like a sad substitute for other types of adult experience, it probably won't be long before I get fucked up and have to sit it all out again so I'm just going to enjoy it for what it's worth.
[close]

^this....

I've probably mentiond this before but there are tons of times where I could be hanging out with real life adults and it's like...fuck that....so I can bitch about work?  Traffic?  Gentrification?  I'd way rather lose my mind trying 3 flips with a 15 year old....

You're on point with this and one thing I've learned is skating helps me connect with the present, and be present....not the past....the way skating is now...it's actually a super good way to be around a ton of different types of people which is way better than what most people are doing.
[close]

Lol the irony. You're still trying to relive your PAST by riding a piece of wood meant for teenagers. Maybe it's time to grow up. ALL OF YOU on this thread. You guys are old as hell hanging out with 15 year olds. Imagine if one of your kids was hanging out with someone 30 years older than him hahahhahaha
Every comment you make is complete shit. You definitely do not have any friends.
There was an interview with TK, when he was a plumber. He got asked if he gets recognized on the job and his response was "No. Plumbin in disguise." Everyone on SLAP thought he said "put him in the sky"

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -761
« Reply #1741 on: July 22, 2020, 02:57:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I think it's the first time I post in here, though I figure I belong, got 3+ decades skating. anyway respect to everybody with kids and competing interests but I just got added to the younger dudes group chat and it feels pretty good. If that sounds like a sad substitute for other types of adult experience, it probably won't be long before I get fucked up and have to sit it all out again so I'm just going to enjoy it for what it's worth.
[close]

^this....

I've probably mentiond this before but there are tons of times where I could be hanging out with real life adults and it's like...fuck that....so I can bitch about work?  Traffic?  Gentrification?  I'd way rather lose my mind trying 3 flips with a 15 year old....

You're on point with this and one thing I've learned is skating helps me connect with the present, and be present....not the past....the way skating is now...it's actually a super good way to be around a ton of different types of people which is way better than what most people are doing.
[close]

Lol the irony. You're still trying to relive your PAST by riding a piece of wood meant for teenagers. Maybe it's time to grow up. ALL OF YOU on this thread. You guys are old as hell hanging out with 15 year olds. Imagine if one of your kids was hanging out with someone 30 years older than him hahahhahaha

If you knew how little I and everyone else thought of you. You would definitely get upset.

Your not a skateboarder and you never will be.

Stop trying
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

KingSharkIsAShark

• Rep: -252
  • Future SLAP Pal
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #1742 on: July 22, 2020, 03:00:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

^this....

[close]

[close]

If you knew how little I and everyone else thought of you. You would definitely get upset.

Stop trying

Nice rebuttal. Love how you didn't address anything I said. You're probably just mad that I'm on track in becoming a full SLAP Pal

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -761
« Reply #1743 on: July 22, 2020, 03:05:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

^this....

[close]

[close]

Stop trying
[close]

Nice rebuttal. Love how you didn't address anything I said. You're probably just mad that I'm on track in becoming a full SLAP Pal

It's not a rebuttal. I'm just telling you that your a piece of shit.

People like you used to make me hate skateboarding. Then lately I've realized you aren't skateboarding at all.

Go back to posting your nyjah shoes on Instagram.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #1744 on: July 22, 2020, 03:21:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

^this....

[close]

It sounds like you have completely missed the point of skateboarding. But don't fret, maybe you could take your wonderful personality and spread it in another community. Skateboarding doesn't need you at the moment, Good luck champ.

Glurmpz

« Reply #1745 on: July 22, 2020, 03:49:28 PM »
I guess I could have posted this in here - did the trick-per-year challenge on my 43rd birthday. I'm also filming a part for a more traditional video project to come out at the end of the year. After 3 separate elbow dislocations last year I'm happy I can even skate at all. Getting over the fear has been tough.

KingSharkIsAShark

• Future SLAP Pal
« Reply #1746 on: July 22, 2020, 03:55:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

^this....

[close]

[close]

Stop trying
[close]

[close]

It's not a rebuttal. I'm just telling you that your a piece of shit.

People like you used to make me hate skateboarding. Then lately I've realized you aren't skateboarding at all.

Go back to posting your nyjah shoes on Instagram.

Hahah you must be one of those old kooks who hates on Nyjahs glory and calls him a kook. even though he skates more than your ass and actually skates the streets. If anything, YOU aren't skateboarding. Fucking hater

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #1747 on: July 22, 2020, 04:58:07 PM »
I guess I could have posted this in here - did the trick-per-year challenge on my 43rd birthday. I'm also filming a part for a more traditional video project to come out at the end of the year. After 3 separate elbow dislocations last year I'm happy I can even skate at all. Getting over the fear has been tough.

Absolutely killing it man.

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -196
« Reply #1748 on: July 22, 2020, 05:13:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

^this....

[close]

Gotta get those trey's however you can broooo

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
« Reply #1749 on: July 22, 2020, 05:24:22 PM »
hey shark, lots of people think that skateboarding is for kids and anyone doing it is living in the past, but what's the advantage of embracing this outlook? does it make you feel better about yourself? not me.

in response to your question, most people's kids do hang out with adults all day, 5 days a week. If a math teacher can be a positive influence, why not a skateboarder? Do you think that the institutional structure of school is necessary for healthy relationships to be possible? that hasn't been my experience.

here's some fortune cookie wisdom:
Dreams may change as you get older, but if you stop dreaming that's when you're fucked.

happy belated glurmz! killing it.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 05:34:48 PM by botefdunn »

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1750 on: July 22, 2020, 05:27:49 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I dunno, he might be too good for this thread. This is a safe place for old dudes who are terrible.

Seriously though, THREE dislocations?!? I did one a few years ago and it was fucking awful.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #1751 on: July 22, 2020, 06:32:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I dunno, he might be too good for this thread. This is a safe place for old dudes who are terrible.

Seriously though, THREE dislocations?!? I did one a few years ago and it was fucking awful.
Dudes too good for almost any thread on here! And the timing of Glurmpz post after that kid was running his gums was nothing short of perfect. And I quote "Lol the irony"

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #1752 on: July 22, 2020, 08:09:35 PM »
Hell yeah Glurmpz! All those tricks in one day?
Shark, you just don't get it. We can't stop. And I've been hearing I'm too old for this since I was 15. Time for a new insult.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2204
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #1753 on: July 22, 2020, 09:00:05 PM »

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1157
  • old and in the way
« Reply #1754 on: July 22, 2020, 09:19:10 PM »

Glurmpz that was fucking sick. Happy 43. That backtail was perfecto.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1375
« Reply #1755 on: July 22, 2020, 09:41:41 PM »
I've been hearing I'm too old for this since I was 15. Time for a new insult.

Glurmpz

« Reply #1756 on: July 22, 2020, 09:47:24 PM »
Hell yeah Glurmpz! All those tricks in one day?
Shark, you just don't get it. We can't stop. And I've been hearing I'm too old for this since I was 15. Time for a new insult.

Thanks! And yeah, one day. I did something like 30 at the first spot but then kept 'replacing' them with different/better ones at the Plaza.

That noseslide is sick - I checked that spot a few years ago with some friends but for whatever reason we kept moving. When the border opens up again and I can get back down I may have to pick your brain for a couple spots. Really missing San Diego right now.

Thanks to everyone else as well - appreciate the love! Yes, dislocating your elbow is gnarly and I wouldn't wish it on anybody. 3 times in one year has me a tad traumatized if I'm being honest. Mental battles for sure. Gotta learn to fall differently, but I'm not gonna let it stop me.  :)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 10:28:51 PM by Glurmpz »

Untilthewheelsfalloff

• Rep: 27
« Reply #1757 on: July 22, 2020, 09:51:11 PM »
I did the 42 at 42. These are the last month of quarantine clips,

The Drew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1758 on: July 22, 2020, 10:26:27 PM »

That was solid as heck.

Glurmpz

« Reply #1759 on: July 22, 2020, 10:29:46 PM »

Damn! Respect. And extra respect for the Emerica kicks.  ;)

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1760 on: July 22, 2020, 10:44:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

^this....

[close]

You wanna have an adult off? 

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 101
« Reply #1761 on: July 24, 2020, 03:13:44 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Glurmpz that was fucking sick. Happy 43. That backtail was perfecto.

damn! watched the whole thing BEFORE realizing that was all one day. Serious skills man. And even more impressive with no hat and grey hair ha!   ;D

KingSharkIsAShark

• Future SLAP Pal
« Reply #1762 on: July 24, 2020, 04:01:29 PM »
Serious question here

Do you guys tell your coworkers or friends that you skate?

Glurmpz

« Reply #1763 on: July 24, 2020, 04:28:02 PM »
Serious question here

Thanks Frenchie! Only a tad self conscious about the grey hair.

Shark - your whole lame schtick of trying to insinuate we should be embarrassed by skating at our age honestly just shows how immature and beholden to out-dated mindsets you are. I've worked in plenty of jobs outside of the skate world and at each one my non-skate coworkers often said straight up how envious they are of the experiences I've had via skateboarding. They also love to pick my brain about skateboarding. I've spent loads of time answering questions about skating for curious coworkers who always end up saying things like "Wow! That's so awesome! Unfortunately I have 3 kids and could never afford to just bop down to California on a whim. I'm so jealous!". Seriously. The impression I've walked away with from each of my non-skate jobs is that my coworkers apparently think skateboarding at my age is cool as fuck. They're definitely surprised, but I'm not getting any 'you should be embarrassed' vibes at all. Hell - I've even hooked a couple up with set-ups that got inspired to try skating because I'm doing it at my age.

Maybe you listen to a lot of more conservative voices/opinions? I know my old ass parents didn't really get it for a long time, but even now they're starting to think I'm sort of 'cool cat' (lol) for being a skater in my 40's. 

KingSharkIsAShark

• Future SLAP Pal
« Reply #1764 on: July 24, 2020, 04:30:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Serious question here

[close]

Thanks Frenchie! Only a tad self conscious about the grey hair.

Shark - your whole lame schtick of trying to insinuate we should be embarrassed by skating at our age honestly just shows how immature and beholden to out-dated mindsets you are. I've worked in plenty of jobs outside of the skate world and at each one my non-skate coworkers often said straight up how envious they are of the experiences I've had via skateboarding. They also love to pick my brain about skateboarding. I've spent loads of time answering questions about skating for curious coworkers who always end up saying things like "Wow! That's so awesome! Unfortunately I have 3 kids and could never afford to just bop down to California on a whim. I'm so jealous!". Seriously. The impression I've walked away with from each of my non-skate jobs is that my coworkers apparently think skateboarding at my age is cool as fuck. They're definitely surprised, but I'm not getting any 'you should be embarrassed' vibes at all. Hell - I've even hooked a couple up with set-ups that got inspired to try skating because I'm doing it at my age.

Maybe you listen to a lot of more conservative voices/opinions? I know my old ass parents didn't really get it for a long time, but even now they're starting to think I'm sort of 'cool cat' (lol) for being a skater in my 40's.

A simple "yes" would've sufficed

Mongoloid

« Reply #1765 on: July 24, 2020, 04:41:27 PM »
Honestly Shark, you’re a living breathing shart smear. Your miserable existence is essentially a state of purgatory between being an actualized turd log, and a gaseous fart cloud. If you were to be reincarnated you’d maybe graduate to being that of a swirly coiled cobra-esque steamer, but most likely you’d still have to suffer through life as thick frothy diarrhea expulsion first.

What I’m saying is you fucking suck the largest brand of industrial sized Dick one could ever muster. It’s impressive someone can be such endless stream of assholery, but somehow you pull it off in unrivaled fashion.

KingSharkIsAShark

• Future SLAP Pal
« Reply #1766 on: July 24, 2020, 05:12:43 PM »
Honestly Shark, you’re a living breathing shart smear. Your miserable existence is essentially a state of purgatory between being an actualized turd log, and a gaseous fart cloud. If you were to be reincarnated you’d maybe graduate to being that of a swirly coiled cobra-esque steamer, but most likely you’d still have to suffer through life as thick frothy diarrhea expulsion first.

What I’m saying is you fucking suck the largest brand of industrial sized Dick one could ever muster. It’s impressive someone can be such endless stream of assholery, but somehow you pull it off in unrivaled fashion.

Lol the hypocrisy, you're the one projecting hate on me. Delete your account and make me a SLAP Pal

georgethecat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
« Reply #1767 on: July 24, 2020, 05:37:03 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Lol the hypocrisy, you're the one projecting hate on me. Delete your account and make me a SLAP Pal

Slap Pal isn't some higher state of being. All you have to do is post 1000 times and not wear an anklet. It's pretty straightforward. 

AngryBlackMan

« Reply #1768 on: July 24, 2020, 05:46:33 PM »
The ignore feature is the best thing about slap

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1058
« Reply #1769 on: July 24, 2020, 05:51:39 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I saw KingSharkIsAShark at a grocery store in Santa Ana yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for proof he actually skates or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Smirnoff Ice’s in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the smirnof’s and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word.

After she scanned each smirnof and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.