Author Topic: Old Dudes Post Up Here...  (Read 304388 times)

Sleazy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Old Dudes Post Up Here...
« Reply #2040 on: January 28, 2021, 10:02:55 AM »
Glumprz like those houston beats, great part. that line in the middle with the five 0 180 was nice and love that diy curb gap spot

rothdigga

• Rep: 574
« Reply #2041 on: January 28, 2021, 12:06:03 PM »
Forgot I said I would link this in here when I finished it...

Here's the video I've been working on over the past year. My footage starts at 15:08. I'm 43. Pretty happy with what I was able to put together, for once. Lol. Wish I had done more flip tricks but I didn't even realize I was lacking in that department until I was almost done filming. Next part I'm gonna focus on that more. Enjoy!

Damnit.  I haven't done a backside flip fakie nose manny in a LOOOONG time but seeing you do one makes me think I need to fucking sack up and film one for my 50th part.  I've got a year and a half til I hit the half century mark and am gonna start filming soon.  That part was sick.  Some solid ledge trickery!

Glurmpz

« Reply #2042 on: January 28, 2021, 12:08:38 PM »
That DIY curb spot was fun for it's very short existence. It got built on a side street next to another older diy quarterpipe (small, like 6 feet wide, 2 feet high), but the street gets used regularly. Once the curb got built, someone also brought a skate box and flatbar to leave there, which people would pull out into the middle of the street. During the pandemic it was like a skatepark. Easily 20 skaters there mid day hanging out in the middle of the road. Then to cap off the heating-out of the spot, the people who built the curb decided to build a 3 jersey barrier kinked quarterpipe... right in front of a fire hydrant. I mean, c'mon... 20 people blocking off a road to skate home made obstacles in the middle of the day was bad enough. Why on earth would you put so much work into a diy obstacle but put it right in front of a fire hyrdrant? I was surprised they somehow transported 3 jersey barriers to the spot. Did no one speak up when they decided where to drop them? Serious bunt. Lasted exactly 1 full day. City ripped out everything.

Glurmpz

« Reply #2043 on: January 28, 2021, 12:27:23 PM »
Expand Quote

Here's the video I've been working on over the past year. My footage starts at 15:08. I'm 43. Pretty happy with what I was able to put together, for once. Lol. Wish I had done more flip tricks but I didn't even realize I was lacking in that department until I was almost done filming. Next part I'm gonna focus on that more. Enjoy!

[close]

Damnit.  I haven't done a backside flip fakie nose manny in a LOOOONG time but seeing you do one makes me think I need to fucking sack up and film one for my 50th part.  I've got a year and a half til I hit the half century mark and am gonna start filming soon.  That part was sick.  Some solid ledge trickery!

Thanks! And thanks again everyone else - not dead yet! hahaha. I'll be stoked to see what you put together for 50 - that's inspiring.

I've always filmed parts for videos I worked on, but it's hard to balance filming other people with performing well in front of the camera myself. So often I'm trying to get my own clips when I'm tired out from being hunched over filming the past couple hours. I feel like I did better this time around at planning my clips out, and I also just self filmed a bunch of it with my phone 16:9 and then added motion in a 4:3 timeline after. Lol.

Once spring hits we're gonna be working on another one. Plan is to use the VX this time, but I'm sure the G9 will be filling in here and there. I just hope I can think of new stuff to film...

Allez_Jambon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
« Reply #2044 on: January 28, 2021, 12:46:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Thanks! And thanks again everyone else - not dead yet! hahaha. I'll be stoked to see what you put together for 50 - that's inspiring.

I've always filmed parts for videos I worked on, but it's hard to balance filming other people with performing well in front of the camera myself. So often I'm trying to get my own clips when I'm tired out from being hunched over filming the past couple hours. I feel like I did better this time around at planning my clips out, and I also just self filmed a bunch of it with my phone 16:9 and then added motion in a 4:3 timeline after. Lol.

Once spring hits we're gonna be working on another one. Plan is to use the VX this time, but I'm sure the G9 will be filling in here and there. I just hope I can think of new stuff to film...

Damn that was fucking sick. You got 10 years on me and I hope to be putting shit out half as good. Fakie shove manny 180 and cab noseblunt were great. Also that bogus park after your part looks pretty awesome.

Allez_Jambon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
« Reply #2045 on: January 28, 2021, 01:00:15 PM »
Also @rothdigga that shit was cool too. I drove 45 mins to that ledge to manny at some parking lot sort of near culver city one day and got kicked out after 3 minutes. Was so bummed because this was right when I moved here and assumed it'd be like this all of the time.

Here's my 2020 iphone/insta/goofy edit. I was 32-33. I'm not really young and not really old so i have no idea what constitutes for an acceptable post here. Warning. I have shitty songs (that im kind of stoked on), have inconsistent fits, booger my noseblunt, put my hands down, do illegal tricks, tictac and bussup. I just kind of want to make my friends laugh.

dofrenzy

« Reply #2046 on: January 28, 2021, 01:04:42 PM »
Frank and Fred I loved the edit!  Backside air on the ramp is my dream trick, nice skating.

Glurmpz

« Reply #2047 on: January 28, 2021, 01:23:49 PM »
Also @rothdigga that shit was cool too. I drove 45 mins to that ledge to manny at some parking lot sort of near culver city one day and got kicked out after 3 minutes. Was so bummed because this was right when I moved here and assumed it'd be like this all of the time.

Here's my 2020 iphone/insta/goofy edit. I was 32-33. I'm not really young and not really old so i have no idea what constitutes for an acceptable post here. Warning. I have shitty songs (that im kind of stoked on), have inconsistent fits, booger my noseblunt, put my hands down, do illegal tricks, tictac and bussup. I just kind of want to make my friends laugh.

Holy crap dude - you did a lot of really hard shit in there. Wow. I only just learned to switch back 5050 curbs, and it feels super awkward... I can't imagine doing it on a table. So sick. Next time I get the chance to skate a table I might try some switch crooks though - props on that one! You skated so many spots that I hit with my friends from LA when I visit. Can't wait to get back!

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #2048 on: January 28, 2021, 08:15:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Damn that was fucking sick. You got 10 years on me and I hope to be putting shit out half as good. Fakie shove manny 180 and cab noseblunt were great. Also that bogus park after your part looks pretty awesome.

Hell yeah glurmpz!  Lot of life in those old legs!

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #2049 on: January 28, 2021, 08:24:46 PM »

This was nice. You got a knee bend that sometimes reminds me of Jerry Hsu.

kimura

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 15
« Reply #2050 on: January 28, 2021, 08:33:18 PM »

Solid skating bro. I was digging some of the tunes. I知 curious, what痴 an illegal trick? Lol

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #2051 on: January 29, 2021, 03:01:45 AM »
Could you please post the super good skating in the "post you skating" thread and only post up old dudes clips here otherwise I'm going to get depressed. Just kidding, impressive stuff guys, I wish I had half your bag of tricks.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

sbmfj

• Rep: 56
« Reply #2052 on: January 29, 2021, 06:15:29 AM »
Sick edit Mr Go Ham (allez Jambon).

Im amazed as how smooth and slick the concrete is in your California Skateparks. Looks like a loot of fun.

Like Glumpz mentioned, sick shit on those picnic tables, switch back 50  and krookies!!

Id love to skate one of the picnic table / benches, but probably never will.

Jkwon looks like soo much fun. awesome noseblunt!

Love the nosegirnd tailgrabs!!

Keep it up guys.

kimura

« Reply #2053 on: January 30, 2021, 04:44:21 PM »
Had an hour long slappy session in my new Joslin's today. Wow what a difference. Still have a bit of foot pain but its way better than with the Vans I've been wearing. Thanks for all the suggestions. I pulled the trigger on some NB 288's as well. Ill give those a go and report back.

Cup sole > Vulc for old dudes feet.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -762
« Reply #2054 on: January 31, 2021, 04:02:14 AM »
Had an hour long slappy session in my new Joslin's today. Wow what a difference. Still have a bit of foot pain but its way better than with the Vans I've been wearing. Thanks for all the suggestions. I pulled the trigger on some NB 288's as well. Ill give those a go and report back.

What joslins did you get ?
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

kimura

« Reply #2055 on: January 31, 2021, 04:20:50 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

https://www.etnies.com/us/mens/shoes/joslin-4101000484.html

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -762
« Reply #2056 on: January 31, 2021, 04:24:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

https://www.etnies.com/us/mens/shoes/joslin-4101000484.html

Thanks dude gonna grab some.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #2057 on: February 01, 2021, 08:52:33 AM »

I was all Vans for years and years and now skate only Nike and Adidas cupsoles. Life savers for sure!

sbmfj

• Rep: 56
« Reply #2058 on: February 01, 2021, 09:29:32 AM »
all hail the cup sole!

I think youll love the 288's Kimura!

kimura

« Reply #2059 on: February 01, 2021, 11:19:52 AM »
all hail the cup sole!

I think youll love the 288's Kimura!

Yup skated the 288s yesterday. I do like them way better than my Vans but I give the nod to the Joslins. The sole on the Joslin feels just a bit more firm/thick. Both great shoes.

drewSTEADMAN

• Rep: -27
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2060 on: February 04, 2021, 06:20:45 PM »

[/quote

awesome footage!!! looking good!!!!!

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2061 on: February 13, 2021, 04:05:26 AM »
Finally we get a break from all the rain and I went to the skatepark in 23ーF weather with some minor wind.

I was doing some embarrassingly easy grinds on a manual pad that I always struggled with and then I slip out and hit hit the ground and my head. Fucking hell, 20 years on board and 35 years old, this is my first time and it freaked me out. I watched in slo-mo how I'm falling, but at that moment I couldn't even fathom that I would hit my head. It wasn't anything much, but I am considering buying a helmet. And not ever going out in these freezing temperatures ever again. Not worth it at my age.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #2062 on: February 13, 2021, 04:29:22 AM »
Finally we get a break from all the rain and I went to the skatepark in 23ーF weather with some minor wind.

I was doing some embarrassingly easy grinds on a manual pad that I always struggled with and then I slip out and hit hit the ground and my head. Fucking hell, 20 years on board and 35 years old, this is my first time and it freaked me out. I watched in slo-mo how I'm falling, but at that moment I couldn't even fathom that I would hit my head. It wasn't anything much, but I am considering buying a helmet. And not ever going out in these freezing temperatures ever again. Not worth it at my age.

was it a front blunt? i smacked the shit out of my head on a front blunt slip out on a curb one time and lost my memory for a day.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2063 on: February 13, 2021, 04:32:22 AM »
nah, the trick was waaay more embarrassing

kimura

« Reply #2064 on: February 13, 2021, 06:43:04 AM »
I知 47 and started wearing a helmet and some triple 8 gloves/wrist guards when I skate. Every session I fall and my gloves have saved my palms and wrists hundreds of times. Haven稚 hit my head luckily.

Neil

• Rep: 13
« Reply #2065 on: February 13, 2021, 10:18:15 AM »
I'm thinking about going all Andy Anderson / Mike V. and wearing a helmet always.

I'm in my late 30's, new dad, and when it was 100% about me taking care of me I was prepared to hit my head. Now, I'd put such a strain on my partner and daughter. Plus I have a feeling I'll hit my head doing the lamest, easiest thing as my faculties fade. 50-50 to slip out to back of head on the coping type shit.

Thinking of an S1 Retro Lifer because I like the technology and it looks kinda cool once you decide you want to look like a Vespa rider when you skate.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #2066 on: February 13, 2021, 10:45:24 AM »
nah, the trick was waaay more embarrassing

hopefully not coming across one uppy there... just to be clear, my curb game these days is fs and bs 5050s, fs tailslides and five0s. reverts on most of those and on a good day fakie ollie 5050 and nollie back tail/5 0. all super basic tricks. front blunt incident was 15 years or so back when i was thinking i was going to get good at ledges and that's were my progression came to a halt. but fuck, i have so much more respect for blunts on curbs now. that shit can go crazy wrong in the blink of an eye.

stupidfuckface

• Rep: 20
« Reply #2067 on: February 15, 2021, 09:12:19 AM »
Ok, seems like the level of skating is getting too good around these parts. So, I値l do my part and bring the average back down.
Be gentle, I知 old..

Fhk

« Reply #2068 on: February 15, 2021, 09:19:57 AM »
Ok, seems like the level of skating is getting too good around these parts. So, I値l do my part and bring the average back down.
Be gentle, I知 old..

Ain't nothing wrong with that..Great taste in music too.

MxsDx

• Rep: 95
« Reply #2069 on: February 15, 2021, 10:53:30 AM »
Be gentle, I知 old..

Good stuff man! I really like seeing people in our age range skating street. Great spots too.