Author Topic: Old Dudes Post Up Here...  (Read 301510 times)

franc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 96
Re: Old Dudes Post Up Here...
« Reply #2700 on: May 21, 2023, 09:15:25 AM »
Franc – rad edit – Box king!! Been trying those sw half cab krrok to no avail – pop out is killer. That fakie 5….!!!

Thanks!
Loved your Insta clip!

Frontside nollie switch K… You probably need to get closer to the ledge than you think before popping the nollie. Give that a go!

sbmfj

• Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2701 on: May 22, 2023, 06:10:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Franc – rad edit – Box king!! Been trying those sw half cab krrok to no avail – pop out is killer. That fakie 5….!!!
[close]

Thanks!
Loved your Insta clip!

Frontside nollie switch K… You probably need to get closer to the ledge than you think before popping the nollie. Give that a go!

Thanks man - Benn trying to mimic your foot placement as well on the back foot.

franc

• Rep: 96
« Reply #2702 on: May 22, 2023, 11:13:54 AM »
Thanks man - Benn trying to mimic your foot placement as well on the back foot.

Ha, that’s cool!
Keep us posted! You got this.

Bongwater Mojito

• Rep: 50
« Reply #2703 on: May 22, 2023, 11:36:37 PM »
Been on a hiatus since last fall. I've pondered is the injury risk worth the fun with my admittable limited ability to have good sessions. Yesterday, started with a modern approach, and asked ChatGPT! For the entertainment, here's the answer:

Quote from: ChatGPT
Hey!

First of all, it's great to hear that you love skating and want to get back into the hobby. Skateboarding is more than just a sport – it's a passion and a way to express yourself. A break in a hobby can be necessary and give you a new perspective and energy.

It's completely understandable that it can be a little uncertain to get back into skating after a break. But remember that your skills haven't disappeared anywhere. The experience and passion you acquired throughout the decade are still a part of you. It's just about finding the confidence and joy you had before the break.

Make your return meaningful and enjoy every skating session, whether it's once a week or less often. Remember to set realistic goals and be kind to yourself. Start slowly and don't push yourself too hard at the beginning. Raise your skills and challenge yourself little by little. The most important thing is to have fun and enjoy the process.

Get a new skateboard or upgrade your old one if it feels inspiring. It can help you feel comfortable and excited right from the start. Also find skateboarding buddies with whom you can share this passion. Skating together can bring back the community and joy you're missing.

Also remember that every day of skating is a new opportunity to learn something new. Don't give setbacks or failures too much power. Every fall is a lesson that takes you closer to your goal. Be patient with yourself and give yourself permission to develop one step at a time.

The most important thing is that you return to skating with joy and passion. Remember why you started skating in 1987 and why you love this sport. Give yourself the chance to experience that feeling of freedom again when you slide on your skateboard and do the tricks you love.

So put on your skate shoes, take your skateboard under your arm and bravely head towards the skating spot. This is a new beginning, a new opportunity, and you have all the necessary skills and passion to reach new heights in the world of skateboarding. Believe in yourself and let yourself shine on the board.

Skating is waiting for you - accept this challenge and make it your own!

Well, ordered a set of Indy Stage 4s, going to hit a park once they arrive.

Bill Salt

« Reply #2704 on: May 23, 2023, 12:04:32 AM »
51 years old
skating street since 88
I ride 8.125 Anti Hero/144 Titaniums/STF 54mm V5's

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #2705 on: May 23, 2023, 12:18:09 AM »
ChatGPT scares the shit out of me.....in 10 years time is it gonna be smarter than all of us?
anyways back to skating!

->sbmfj: dude it baffles me how easily you pop into bs tailslides on a knee-high ledge....props! that trick shall forever remain a mystery to me I guess....
also I back the Gopro thing, when skating solo it's clearly an added motivation.

Finally: some rad old-man steeze from Jeremie Daclin (Cliché founder remember?). He posts pretty much a clip a day and they are always inspirational!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CsdFDjgN0V7/?hl=fr

edit: Bill Salt I just read your sig.....et je suis offensé haha!! français ? d'où?

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
« Reply #2706 on: May 23, 2023, 06:02:06 PM »
Never filmed a part and so decided to do one for my 48th. All tricks filmed at age 47 except the last one. I had a few more things to work on but fucked myself up about six weeks ago. Also fucked up some editing but it is what it is... middle age mediocrity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwgBbe6AkaE

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #2707 on: May 23, 2023, 09:42:15 PM »
Good stuff. I especially like the bs flip on the bank. As for me I can’t Ollie right now cause I’m rehabbing a groin pull on by back leg. I’m just cruising on Dane 1, 169 Indy and 56mm Dragons.

projectBNE

• Rep: 47
    • Project Distribution avatar image
« Reply #2708 on: May 23, 2023, 10:00:39 PM »
Really rad watching everyone's clips... shredding!

I'm 45, been skating 30+ of those non stop.  Just about done filming a 45 for 45 at my local park which has been equal parts fun and frustrating.

I'm riding Krooked 8.25, Thunder 148's and SF F4 99D's.

Here's a fun/weird clip I filmed the other night.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CsTa-YyJlBR/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
Project Distribution (AU)

Bongwater Mojito

• Rep: 50
« Reply #2709 on: May 23, 2023, 10:56:46 PM »
Never filmed a part and so decided to do one for my 48th. All tricks filmed at age 47 except the last one. I had a few more things to work on but fucked myself up about six weeks ago.

Nice edit, thanks for the inspiration! Turned 46 yesterday and as said, been on a hiatus for few months. Time to pick up the board and make griptape sweat patterns again!

Also fucked up some editing but it is what it is... middle age mediocrity

This is how we roll - on the other hand it's very relaxing once the self-judgment phase is over. Anything is better than nothing in this hobby, I'd say.

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2710 on: May 23, 2023, 11:50:29 PM »
Never filmed a part and so decided to do one for my 48th. All tricks filmed at age 47 except the last one. I had a few more things to work on but fucked myself up about six weeks ago. Also fucked up some editing but it is what it is... middle age mediocrity

I feel like us old farts are pretty hard on ourselves....like doing tricks proper counts, all that.
so what I mean to say is, that's not mediocrity, nah. Shit you get my vote as old man ATV of the year!
Bowl, vert, park and street = winning combo. Honestly how many old heads still skate everything like that? Most people stick to their comfort zone past a certain point.... no way I would step to a vert ramp nowadays!
Also note to self: goddamn it I really HAVE to relearn fs rocks....Yours were rad in this and it's such a good feeling trick.

Bill Salt

« Reply #2711 on: May 24, 2023, 12:06:48 AM »
ChatGPT scares the shit out of me.....in 10 years time is it gonna be smarter than all of us?
anyways back to skating!

->sbmfj: dude it baffles me how easily you pop into bs tailslides on a knee-high ledge....props! that trick shall forever remain a mystery to me I guess....
also I back the Gopro thing, when skating solo it's clearly an added motivation.

Finally: some rad old-man steeze from Jeremie Daclin (Cliché founder remember?). He posts pretty much a clip a day and they are always inspirational!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CsdFDjgN0V7/?hl=fr

edit: Bill Salt I just read your sig.....et je suis offensé haha!! français ? d'où?
Ahhh je me sens moins seul soudain!Salut gars, pour l'heure je suis en Bretagne (Quimper) après 17 ans de Paname et 4 ans à L.A...Ici c pas skate city, mais j'ai un ptit spot donc je me contente de ça.Quand le moral baisse je bouge à Paris skater avec mes vieux potes qui roulent encore.Et toi?

The Drew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #2712 on: May 24, 2023, 01:28:55 AM »
Really rad watching everyone's clips... shredding!

I'm 45, been skating 30+ of those non stop.  Just about done filming a 45 for 45 at my local park which has been equal parts fun and frustrating.

I'm riding Krooked 8.25, Thunder 148's and SF F4 99D's.

Here's a fun/weird clip I filmed the other night.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CsTa-YyJlBR/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Heck yeah Ben @projectBNE

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2713 on: May 24, 2023, 02:15:34 AM »
->Bill Salt: je t'ai repondu en MP!

shit now might be the time to start a French thread for all the froggies on Slap, we seem to be more numerous by the day!

Actually Slap could have spanish/german/etc threads for all the non-anglo speakers? Would be rad IMO.
Or too complicated for mods to handle? If a mod reads this lemme know what you think...

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2714 on: May 24, 2023, 01:29:45 PM »
Thanks Frenchie and others.. Means a lot. Now, let's see some front rocks!

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #2715 on: May 24, 2023, 03:12:30 PM »
Frank and Fred, very inspirational! The second to last trick was hairballl!
Lot's of creativity and variety.
Thanks for sharing.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2716 on: May 24, 2023, 03:49:35 PM »
@Frank and Fred

absolutely wicked, man.
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2717 on: May 24, 2023, 08:48:10 PM »
Thanks old Dudes.

144p has provided enough inspo for us all with his curb clips.

postmodernpain

• Rep: 9
« Reply #2718 on: May 25, 2023, 05:11:43 AM »
@frank and fred --- an inspiration!

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 464
  • Pure East
« Reply #2719 on: May 25, 2023, 05:30:23 AM »
@Frank and Fred that was fucking rad, if I can skate that good at your age I'll be content with life.
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

Ross Norman - Last of the Mohicans

Jory4

• Rep: 106
« Reply #2720 on: May 25, 2023, 11:41:15 AM »
@frank and fred --- an inspiration!

@frankandfred is my hero!

( only slightly joking!)

One shouldn’t underestimate how hard a lengthy “step hop” like his ender is!

Anyway, front rocks…,,,

https://www.instagram.com/p/CrdYOWhtFGW/?igshid=NzJjY2FjNWJiZg==

And finally getting slappy feebles to “go” now I have a short double sided curb…,

https://www.instagram.com/p/CrgECqvNRyW/?igshid=MmJiY2I4NDBkZg==

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #2721 on: May 25, 2023, 06:14:12 PM »

That was a rad edit. Keep ripping sir!
I guess I’ll contribute to the front rocks from old guys as well.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2722 on: May 25, 2023, 07:55:48 PM »
Love the Front Rock contributions @plan9customs and @jory4.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #2723 on: May 25, 2023, 09:28:56 PM »
frontside (those scare the shit out of me)

Real question, what is the scare factor? I’ve got an older skate mate who says the same thing, he’ll only attempt them on a curb that butts up to a grassy patch.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2724 on: May 25, 2023, 11:33:07 PM »
Expand Quote
frontside (those scare the shit out of me)
[close]

Real question, what is the scare factor? I’ve got an older skate mate who says the same thing, he’ll only attempt them on a curb that butts up to a grassy patch.

Maybe the ability to fall onto grass, or if you do overshoot it will not let the board slip out the way a waxed up curb and pad will or a double sided curb, if that makes sense.

I know I look more favourably on something like that for some tricks too, other tricks I need to have the waxed up top pad area to make some things work and not a grass edge.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Reese Bruno

• Rep: 14
« Reply #2725 on: May 27, 2023, 11:26:52 AM »
Bbs something board (ah & frog or hockey)
Ace something
Spit something

Into doing smiths wallies and wallrides after a nice j

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #2726 on: May 27, 2023, 01:06:53 PM »
Frank and Fred, that was insane.  You have a great bag of tricks!

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
« Reply #2727 on: May 27, 2023, 09:28:39 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That was a rad edit. Keep ripping sir!
I guess I’ll contribute to the front rocks from old guys as well.

i see something amiss with this photo though. next to you, on the other side of that fence. the pool has water in it  ::)

just playin. sick rock!
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Coldpizza

• Rep: 146
« Reply #2728 on: May 27, 2023, 10:22:49 PM »

I turn 40 tomorrow so I did 40 Flatground tricks today.
Been doing a birthday tricklist for the last decade.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

projectBNE

• Rep: 47
    • Project Distribution avatar image
« Reply #2729 on: May 31, 2023, 04:36:29 PM »
45 for 45 at my local skatepark!  This was so much fun to work on over the past couple of months… Pushing myself to try tricks that were outside of the comfy zone and getting hyped with the Lota crew!

https://youtu.be/qBucsgIbFMw
Project Distribution (AU)